Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hit Starbucks, they had things for Where's My Perry.

It's a game and you do stuff I actually have no idea but whatevs

twist: I grabbed one of these :getin:

God drat it people. Stop doing that poo poo. Its annoying and lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh yeah, Rigonauts dude:

Fix this poo poo. All of it.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nah just assume they're all gone if you didn't catch it the second they were posted and talk about Rignoauts instead (game seriously owns but gently caress getting 3 stars is hard on some levels)

I want to but I game on an iPod Touch :(

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Oh hey, I know that I got a "code already used" error on every try, but somehow Where's My Perry is on my phone. Thanks, Happy Noodle Boy! :hfive:

Unless it charged me. In which case, :argh: Happy Noodle Boy! :argh:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Speaking of kickstarters that this thread got me hooked on, finally some development in Football Heroes land:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9ushNkrb7cs

Lookin great to me, the only way they can screw this up is by delaying the release (again).

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Machismo posted:

God drat it people. Stop doing that poo poo. Its annoying and lovely.

Posting the codes, or snaffling up the codes without saying so ITT?

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Now you can get the App Of The Week from within the Starbucks app, so nobody has to post codes anymore!

silloh
Sep 5, 2008

Couch Life posted:

Now you can get the App Of The Week from within the Starbucks app, so nobody has to post codes anymore!

I just installed the Starbucks app, but I don't receive an "App of the Week" notification in my "Messages" tab. Did I have to have the app installed right when they pushed the notification for the App of the Week?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Mocha Frost posted:

Is anyone still playing Pixel People. I'm stuck at 209/210 professions and the last quest won't unlock to get the final profession.
Which quest are you looking for? If it's the hitchhiker that's not a quest, you buy it for 100 utopium from the gene bank. I've only got 191 of the professions so I could be talking out my rear end, though.

If you can see it but it won't let you activate it then I don't know what to tell you.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
That's cool, but dammit, I already have Angry Birds Star Wars. I thought the Starbucks App of the Week was Where's My Perry?

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

silloh posted:

I just installed the Starbucks app, but I don't receive an "App of the Week" notification in my "Messages" tab. Did I have to have the app installed right when they pushed the notification for the App of the Week?

I guess so. I know you need to have Starbucks account to get the app. I haven't played with it myself so I'm not sure.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How do you get to the app of the week on the Starbucks app? I can't figure it out

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

goferchan posted:

How do you get to the app of the week on the Starbucks app? I can't figure it out

Go to Home, then click on Messages.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah, I've sped about ten minutes now searching around the app of an overpriced and unpleasant coffee store I will never go to so I can save one dollar and get a free star wars licensed angry birds game. Ugh!

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
The messages screen just says No Messages for me.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Here's a direct link for the Angry Birds Star Wars freebie that doesn't require the Starbucks app, although don't be surprised if they plug this hole in the not too distant future- http://www.starbucks.com/mobilenotification/getitunesredirect?assetID=269

Bummey
May 26, 2004

io_burn posted:

Here's a direct link for the Angry Birds Star Wars freebie that doesn't require the Starbucks app, although don't be surprised if they plug this hole in the not too distant future- http://www.starbucks.com/mobilenotification/getitunesredirect?assetID=269

Thanks! I'll play ten levels and get frustrated and probably quit!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Nice. I just tweeted it and sent it to all of my friends. It's a really great game.

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

But then a tea bowl that is too perfect has no charm.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nah just assume they're all gone if you didn't catch it the second they were posted and talk about Rignoauts instead (game seriously owns but gently caress getting 3 stars is hard on some levels)

Thank you! We tried to tune the game that it isn't that hard to crawl through with 1 and 2 stars, but we wanted it to be fun for hard core players to go for the 3 star prizes.

Do you find going for 3 stars good hard or too hard?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

io_burn posted:

Thanks but is there an iPad version of this?

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh yeah, Rigonauts dude:

Fix this poo poo. All of it.

You mean our icon is ugly?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

iron_weasel posted:

I was assuming that he wants you to figure out a way to remove all of the Angry Birds apps.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

iron_weasel posted:

And it's listed as "rigonautsipad."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

iron_weasel posted:

Thank you! We tried to tune the game that it isn't that hard to crawl through with 1 and 2 stars, but we wanted it to be fun for hard core players to go for the 3 star prizes.

Do you find going for 3 stars good hard or too hard?

It's not too bad. Kinda how Angry Birds you need to find the precise angle to shoot the one bird you can use to get high enough of a score. Seeing the battles happen and getting a feel of where you weapons will hit then stopping and making a quick change is fast and painless enough that I don't even process "I'm doing the same poo poo over and over and over again".

iron_weasel posted:

This is my opinion but why does the icon need to have the title in it when you get to see the title right under it? You can go for a more eye-popping icon of the little dude or closer view of the ship with everyone in it. And "rigotnautsipad"? Really? It's an iPad only title! If it's installed you can assume that it's on an iPad. Capitalize that poo poo "Rigonauts" or even "Rigonauts HD" (should you ever make an iPhone version) would look better.

SquadronROE posted:

I was assuming that he wants you to figure out a way to remove all of the Angry Birds apps.

Angry Birds is awesome :argh:

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's not too bad. Kinda how Angry Birds you need to find the precise angle to shoot the one bird you can use to get high enough of a score. Seeing the battles happen and getting a feel of where you weapons will hit then stopping and making a quick change is fast and painless enough that I don't even process "I'm doing the same poo poo over and over and over again".

Cool, that means the fun factor is working for you. Which is always a relief.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is my opinion but why does the icon need to have the title in it when you get to see the title right under it? You can go for a more eye-popping icon of the little dude or closer view of the ship with everyone in it. And "rigotnautsipad"? Really? It's an iPad only title! If it's installed you can assume that it's on an iPad. Capitalize that poo poo "Rigonauts" or even "Rigonauts HD" (should you ever make an iPhone version) would look better.

Ug. These are stupid oversights. We will fix all that crap. I feel kind of ashamed it is like showing up with your hair nicely combed and your jacket straightened and realizing you forgot to wear pants. Well, thanks for pointing it out.

(However, I will now shake my first at Apple for not allowing on the fly updating of little things like this, but instead forcing us to submit new version and get approval)

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

iron_weasel posted:

Ug. These are stupid oversights. We will fix all that crap. I feel kind of ashamed it is like showing up with your hair nicely combed and your jacket straightened and realizing you forgot to wear pants. Well, thanks for pointing it out.

Haha, brilliant! I look forward to checking it out when I get home, anyway. This thread's sold me already.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

iron_weasel posted:

Cool, that means the fun factor is working for you. Which is always a relief.

(However, I will now shake my first at Apple for not allowing on the fly updating of little things like this, but instead forcing us to submit new version and get approval)

For the patch notes you should put "Forgot to put pants on.".

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

SquadronROE posted:

For the patch notes you should put "Forgot to put pants on.".

The Caplin doesn't wear pants. As-De-Signed!

Lex Averial
May 12, 2004

Swans. You know, birds.

iLikeMidgets posted:

Gonna check this out tonight. Are there any other good rythem based games?

Cytus is pretty good. You hit dots that appear in time with a bar that sweeps up and down the screen.
There's also DDR Dance Wars but it has an annoying stamina timer that limits the amount of missions and battles you can do per day, which are required to unlock new songs.
Symphonica is fun if you're into classical music. It has a story and unique control scheme.
If you're made of money, check out Theatrythem. You can unlock everything for the low, low price of $150.

Nothing has topped DJ Max for me yet. I've been playing it pretty consistently since it came out and haven't gotten bored of it yet. Gotta keep improving my high scores.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

iron_weasel posted:

I can't blame you for that, but malicious people ruin things for everyone. For every good reason a developer would have for changing things like this, another would use it to pull a bait and switch scam app like they used to do with changing screenshots and descriptions after it was approved.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Necroneocon posted:

Heroes of Order and Chaos is one of my favorite ipad games of all time :twisted:

Yes Yes! More card games. I love them all.

The real ones. Not the dumb html ones that have potions and push one button to kill monster. I mean like Magic 2013 card games

Might & Magic, Duels of Champions is a really well fleshed out card game. Better than the Order and Chaos one. Also it has a PC version with shared accounts so that's cool.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Buried in amongst todays new releases I noticed there's another version of the MDickie wrestling game out today where you play as the promoter instead of being the wrestler http://appshopper.com/games/booking-revolution-hd

Find your own Fan-Dan-Goooo and make him every champion!

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Victorkm posted:

Might & Magic, Duels of Champions is a really well fleshed out card game. Better than the Order and Chaos one. Also it has a PC version with shared accounts so that's cool.

I worry about the IAP pack buying. But if there is a PC version with shared accounts, then i'll reinstall it. Do I have to play other people or can I just play the AI like I can in the DOTA-like Order and Chaos?

I had to kick my Magic Online habit back in the day.

Necroneocon fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 10, 2013

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

DarkJC posted:

I can't blame you for that, but malicious people ruin things for everyone. For every good reason a developer would have for changing things like this, another would use it to pull a bait and switch scam app like they used to do with changing screenshots and descriptions after it was approved.

I know why they do it. But I have been making games longer than their was an iOS App Store so I feel resentful about being treated untrustworthy.

My other bit of fun, is that some changes on Apple's end is allowing people to buy our game on the iPad 1s which we meant to lock out. Now I am getting angry folks who are mad they can't play the game I didn't mean to sell them. This isn't going to help our review scores.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I'm just as sick of angry birds as the next person who's totally loving sick of angry birds, but this Star Wars version is pretty good.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Bummey posted:

I'm just as sick of angry birds as the next person who's totally loving sick of angry birds, but this Star Wars version is pretty good.

Urge to buy you an angry bird avatar with a d-pad... rising...

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Also, goon game :siren: Epoch :siren: just went free. It's good. Download it.

http://appshopper.com/games/epoch-2

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

iron_weasel posted:

I know why they do it. But I have been making games longer than their was an iOS App Store so I feel resentful about being treated untrustworthy.
I trust you!

Also - if it comes up, being rotation aware is always a good thing. I'm not even talking horizontal vs vertical, I just want to be able to play with the volume buttons on the top.

And since I'm whining - after the first few levels I wish it'd stop building my vehicle for me, I replace and move the struts and wheels - stop making me work so hard!

Sometimes I think I should be able to group move things - but I don't see how that'd work with the interface.

Sooo, $2 well spent - I hope this does well, it's a lot of fun.

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

porktree posted:

Also - if it comes up, being rotation aware is always a good thing. I'm not even talking horizontal vs vertical, I just want to be able to play with the volume buttons on the top.

That is a good point, we might try to slip that in an update.

porktree posted:

And since I'm whining - after the first few levels I wish it'd stop building my vehicle for me, I replace and move the struts and wheels - stop making me work so hard!

That one is interesting. We used to keep ship designs, but players would get less inclined to make changes if their new design wasn't working (basically, they were happy to add to the ship, but less willing to delete). By clearing the ship at the start of every level it alleviated this problem. However, didn't help players who realized the base ship was kind of lame.

Doesn't fix the problem, but at least you know the reason.

porktree posted:

Sometimes I think I should be able to group move things - but I don't see how that'd work with the interface.

You can move or rotate all the things that are linked together. Use the two buttons in the lower middle of the dingus.

also...
Rigonauts HD Technical Note
If you are within site of this forum please be away for two tech issues:
1. This game was not made or tested with iPad 1 but a recent change in Apple land meant that iPad 1 users can buy the game. Please avoid.
2. The game is a bit resource intensive. If you find it kicking you out try rebooting the device and running without other apps in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

iLikeMidgets posted:

Gonna check this out tonight. Are there any other good rythem based games?
I like Beat Sneak Bandit as an excellent rhythm / puzzle hybrid.

• Locked thread