Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh, another brilliant thing, They make a crack about "the definition of insanity" during the first mission :allears:

The beginning is annoying like Farcry3, but then it opens up to a big open world island and things get pretty sweet. Why does Farcry3 keep insisting on linear story missions? Its complete anathema to what the game is best at. Horrible design. Just give me a goal and let me loving accomplish it however I want. Maybe its an engine limitation of the scripting for missions? :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Welp. I'm sold.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

This game is certainly insane, that's for sure.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Welp. I'm sold.

OH. MY. GOD. This game is pure distilled 90's and I'm going to buy the gently caress out of it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Also, that thing about the serum that would make you more like Sloan? Sloan is, naturally, the man who trained you, who has defected and become evil, and has injected himself with Blood Dragon DNA to become even more powerful. I couldn't see it too well in the cutscenes, but I'm pretty sure he has a dinosaur arm.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Watching that trailer is giving me a craving for sausage and pancakes smothered with lots of cream. :btroll:

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

The Kins posted:

The pre-order is up on Steam for $15 ($18 in Australia :argh:) with a pre-order bonus of the OST.

15 bucks, including the soundtrack??? I just smashed the buy button harder than a semi truck smashing through a freeway embankment onto the Los Angeles River.

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 11, 2013

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mental Midget posted:

15 bucks, including the soundtrack??? I just smashed the buy button harder than a semi truck smashing through a freeway embankment onto the Los Angeles River.

I'm honestly tempted to buy extra copies and just hand them out like candy to my friends. I've already yelled at the friends I knew would like it and they've pre-ordered as well.

I truly want Ubisoft rewarded for this. They've gone from being the company I boycotted for bullshit DRM to being pretty reasonable and actually taking a risk on a zany game idea? WTF? :confused: Well, I'll take it.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Zaphod42 posted:

I truly want Ubisoft rewarded for this. They've gone from being the company I boycotted for bullshit DRM to being pretty reasonable and actually taking a risk on a zany game idea? WTF? :confused: Well, I'll take it.

I agree, I was thinking "hey Ubisoft is kinda cool" earlier today from not only Blood Dragon but from the news that they are rebooting Flashback: The Quest for Identity which was one of my favorite Genesis games.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/flashback-trailer-released-by-ubisoft-video-11-04-2013/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mental Midget posted:

I agree, I was thinking "hey Ubisoft is kinda cool" earlier today from not only Blood Dragon but from the news that they are rebooting Flashback: The Quest for Identity which was one of my favorite Genesis games.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/flashback-trailer-released-by-ubisoft-video-11-04-2013/

Eh, I dunno man, I really don't like it when they reboot old IP from the 90s...

quote:

Ubisoft explains: “It’s not a reboot."
Er... okay? :confused:
Oh poo poo, its in 2D? WHOA. This looks awesome! :stare:

Once again, loving bravo, Ubisoft. Looks like they grew a pair.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Welp. I'm sold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_tRZwpSYk

:swoon:

Who knew Ubisoft would end up being such a great company?

I'm so excited for that game. Mechanics of Far Cry 3 + a great story? THIS will be the best FPS of 2013

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I've spoiled the poo poo out of Blood Dragon for myself, but I still preordered it so loving hard. People need to get paid for this.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Just about every scifi FPS is loving terrible because it takes itself too seriously.

Exception found. :allears:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
This may be the first game I've ever actually pre-ordered...

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I watched this trailer drunk and thought it was a crazy dream the next day. Glad it's not. I'll pay fifteen dollars for this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Chamale posted:

Just about every scifi FPS is loving terrible because it takes itself too seriously.

Exception found. :allears:
This and Borderlands. Sweet, sweet Borderlands.

edit: and I'd say FPS in general, not just scifi. I've never seen a genre more focused on making me feel like a horrible person.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Earwicker posted:

That's true, but they were all still open world games set in exotic jungly tropical locales (I guess the first one wasn't proper open world but you still had a lot of freedom). This seems like a more linear scifi shooter with an 80's vibe

This is from way, way back in the thread but it's literally the story behind the name:

"It's a Far Cry from paradise"

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002
CHEAP FUCKASS. I HAVE NO COMPASSION. IGNORE ME. I AM WORTHLESS.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've been watching the response to Blood Dragon on 2ch, Japan's big messageboard, and so few people seem interesting. Just a few posters in the various FC3 threads are like "this is awesome guys, give it a look seriously" but getting next to no response. Poor Japan, they don't know what is awesome.
More like cyber ninja super warriors leaping tall buildings and shooting neon arrows at everything is just same old poo poo everyday life for the Japanese. FC3BD is probably like some "Hello Kitty's Adventures In Elementary School" G-rated educational game for them. Duh.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
please take my money ubisoft

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

What the flying insane holy gently caress just... what?!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Even though Jason is more of a man i'll ever be he's still a complete pansy. JUST GUT THE ANIMAL AND STOP WHINING :argh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, this Blood Dragon poo poo is like Bulletstorm's style of take-a-gritty-shooter-and-make-it-loving-ludicrous, except it's so much better. :allears:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Avocados posted:

Even though Jason is more of a man i'll ever be he's still a complete pansy. JUST GUT THE ANIMAL AND STOP WHINING :argh:
I seriously think this was just an oversight on Ubi's part, they did a lot to change his generic lines as the game goes on to reflect his new badassery, but just forgot to change the skinning animals lines I guess.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

John Marston did that too.

Some things you never quite get used to I guess!

Edit: I guess also it's lot less fun when you haven't driven a carload of friends out to hunt for fun. These two are just trying to save some people they care about and all the murders, crimes, chases and shitheads they have to deal with isn't enough! Nooooo now you gotta kill things and skin 'em.

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 12, 2013

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
My friend got mad at me because I won't shut up about Blood Dragon.

edit : Welp!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Ryen Deckard posted:

My friend got mad at me because I won't shut up about Blood Dragon.

I feel like I'm doing my patriotic duty though telling everybody that this is one of the most incredible games I've ever played.

It's out?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Some Russian guys got their hands on a :filez: method of downloading games from UPlay without owning them. A bunch of people have played Blood Dragon on PC as a result.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I love it when people admit to piracy on SA. :allears:

Orv
May 4, 2011
And with a shiny new avatar and everything!

E:An article on the thing.

E: VV - Do I get two? :v:

Orv fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 12, 2013

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
^^
Edit: Hell no, one per person only!

I say his penance is not only buying a copy for himself, but also the next five people who posted after him. :colbert:

Riso fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 12, 2013

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I haven't played Far Cry 3, but I need to play Blood Dragon more than I've needed to play any other game in the history of mankind.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

Riso posted:

^^
Edit: Hell no, one per person only!

I say his penance is not only buying a copy for himself, but also the next five people who posted after him. :colbert:

I'm buying my friend a gift copy for his birthday, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise since he browses these forums.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Welp. I'm sold.

Haha. This is awesome.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Look at this scrub, hiding his games list like we couldn't just browse it anyway.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/RyenDeckard/games

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

Rev 3 had an interview with Dean Evans creative director of blood dragon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VudlmRglamI

Ryen Deckard fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 12, 2013

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

Riso posted:

Look at this scrub, hiding his games list like we couldn't just browse it anyway.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/RyenDeckard/games

Bubba's Jackhammer Paradise
Chicks with Dicks Millenium Edition
Feeble Prisoner Simulator IV
Load Blown II: The Blowing
My Best Friend is Tied Up and Gagged in my Basement
Ramfist 1 & 2

:gonk:

avisgoth
May 7, 2003

"Are you OK, or are you just fat?"
This game looks awesome. Also anyone who ever redeemed a game through AMDs Never Settle thing is getting it for free, which makes me so much happier.

http://blogs.amd.com/play/2013/04/11/fc3bd-nsr/

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Oh kickass, good thing I didn't preorder it yet then.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

404notfound posted:

Oh my god, this guy Gets It :allears:

Wait...so you're saying we're getting cyborg Dee Reynolds?

The Aluminum Monster shall rise again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

avisgoth posted:

This game looks awesome. Also anyone who ever redeemed a game through AMDs Never Settle thing is getting it for free, which makes me so much happier.

http://blogs.amd.com/play/2013/04/11/fc3bd-nsr/

Holy poo poo, glad I read to the end of the thread before preordering.

• Locked thread