Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Fiber optic internet was hooked up at my complex so I upgraded:

It's always above the advertised speeds. Time to play some Battlefield 3 End Game DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Abbeh posted:

Egg blower.

Why is this a thing that exists? And why is a product that blows eggs covered in pictures of butterflies?

Egg blower in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZTcKE-hhs

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Why is this a thing that exists? And why is a product that blows eggs covered in pictures of butterflies?

Egg blower in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZTcKE-hhs

That was strangely soothing to watch.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Invalid Octopus posted:

Do you actually have the jeans? How do they fit? I'm always wary of buying jeans off the net but I love these (and the blue ones...).

I don't have them yet, but they did have all the measurements up plus 45 reviews saying they're true to size, so hopefully they'll be ok.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I was watching a Martha Stewart Easter special and the next thing I knew, I'd ordered it. She has some strange hypnotic powers.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Ear buds that will HOPEFULLY actually fit my small ears.

cleaner for my ukulele and other guitars

andddd some Highland Park 12. mmmmm

Lamb of Gun
Apr 2, 2009

On the goodship lolli-gag, LSD and a bloody pile of rags, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT I AM
6$ six pack that tastes like a 10$ six pack.

It'll keep me hydrated while I use this...

Picked one up at a farm and garden auction just like this in great shape for $150

And while I'm drinking and operating lawn equipment I'll be listening to this, which I just bought and is awesome

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Gorilla Salad posted:

Why is this a thing that exists?

You can do it by poking a little hole in each end of the egg and blowing the insides out by mouth, but you can get raw egg in your mouth and slobber all over everything, and sometimes crush the egg. That gizmo is probably a million times easier.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lamb of Gun posted:

6$ six pack that tastes like a 10$ six pack.

I saw this but kept passing it up for summer seasonals, I'll probably buy it next time.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Abbeh posted:

HD spy camera glasses.

It's going to be a hell of a night.

I've seen this movie, and I assure you it ends with a succubus eating your friends before flying off into the night with you in her claws :ohdear:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Abbeh posted:

Ombre jeans.

Why is everything with a gradient color in the US suddenly being referred to with this word?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Slim Killington posted:

Why is everything with a gradient color in the US suddenly being referred to with this word?

"Gradient" is less sexy and has one too many syllables, it won't sell to the critical post-tween millennial demographic.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

strangemusic posted:

"Gradient" is less sexy and has one too many syllables, it won't sell to the critical post-tween millennial demographic.

Also it would continually get spelled "gradiant".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice hombre jeans.

LoanWolf
Mar 17, 2009
A doormat!

http://www.amazon.com/High-Cotton-Whom-Barks-Doormat/dp/B0018AIQ8Y/ref=pd_sim_hg_4

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

Fiber optic internet was hooked up at my complex so I upgraded:

It's always above the advertised speeds. Time to play some Battlefield 3 End Game DLC.

That is some serious upload. I have Fibre but get around 40 down and 10 up.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

Oh Noetry posted:

For my baby niece who's just turned one, some floofy jackets.

May I ask where you got those, my niece (her mother) would love them.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Coffee And Pie posted:

I've seen this movie, and I assure you it ends with a succubus eating your friends before flying off into the night with you in her claws :ohdear:

Is that a promise?

Lamb of Gun
Apr 2, 2009

On the goodship lolli-gag, LSD and a bloody pile of rags, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT I AM

PhazonLink posted:

I saw this but kept passing it up for summer seasonals, I'll probably buy it next time.

It's pretty hoppy!

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

And some stuff to put on said bike:

Quick release skewer.

Doesnt the thruster have a solid front axle though? how are you gonna use a QR skewer?

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Slim Killington posted:

Ombre actually is a term specifically to refer to colors/tones that blend into one another, and is used in fibers. Gradient tends to apply when there is a visible shade change, as opposed to that smooth blending you get with dip dying. Like you might talk about a gradient pillow if it had a series of 5 colors that shift in blocks from light to dark, but if it was a smooth transition like with the jeans it would be Ombre.

At least that is my understanding. You just hear it a ton now because Ombre dyed fabrics are in.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bought myself an adjustable bench and replaced my crummy Walmart brand weight bar, gonna catch the summer swoles!

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Tom Cruise <3 Katie Holmes.
Katie Holmes <3 Tom Cruise.
:yaycloud:

App13 posted:

I just picked on of these suckers:

Its a Filco Minila 60% mechanical keyboard with CherryMX Blue switches.

Man I like Filco, it's clean and simple. But that keyboard bothers me with it's layout; weird capslock, ctrl, enter, tiny shift key, a spacebar the length of my penis... oh wait what was I saying?... and WHY is that backslash there? Also I gotta have a tenkey.

Nonetheless you probably have the exact opposite opinion of me and I don't mean to degrade the worth of your purchase. Mechanical keyboards are awesome man and that keyboard looks slick, congrats!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YB70PS

I bought a $9 comb. Call me an idiot or whatnot but I was a skeptic at first, too. However, holding this thing in your hand and feeling the weight of it speaks out to you. This is no ordinary throwaway comb that you can buy a pack of 10 at the 99 cent store. This comb is handcrafted and makes you feel like you make a 6 digit salary.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
I used to have money.

Uniqlo hoodie

Uniqlo cardigan (which was way more expensive than I thought it was, might return it)

Uniqlo camisole

Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Peeling Gel

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack

Anthropologie boatneck shirt

Cook's Illustrated subscription

Edit:
A sisig burrito. Goddamn, it was delicious.

Tulip Candy has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Apr 11, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I got a frozen baja blast at taco bell.

It's pretty good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A Margherita and a Burrata plate from my 3rd favorite pizza place - Mozzeria. One of the more interesting restaurants around here since it's owned and staffed almost entirely by deaf people.

They do use those real deal expensive Stefano Ferrara ovens.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Cheap clarinet to blow on while I'm still stuck in China. Figured it'd be something to do on high pollution days.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Mu Zeta posted:

A Margherita and a Burrata plate from my 3rd favorite pizza place - Mozzeria. One of the more interesting restaurants around here since it's owned and staffed almost entirely by deaf people.

Taking your order must have been a bitch.

the tits
Mar 17, 2011

mophymophymophy

The best $9 I've ever spent. It is a magic wand of inexplicable wizardry for tangle-prone hair.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

gypsycabdriver posted:

Doesnt the thruster have a solid front axle though? how are you gonna use a QR skewer?

I just assembled it and it would appear so. I'll hold onto it just in case, seems like something that could come in handy in the future.

Verimus
Oct 1, 2009
I bought this silly thing because my lady friend convinced me it would actually be kinda fun to hang out in onesies, and it's winter soon. Not that anyone besides her is ever allowed to see me in it, for it would ruin my carefully constructed tough guy identity.

And I got her this one from ebay. I didn't pay for shipping on either of them, which I love.

I also bought this tie, because I needed a new one and this one was $12 from the same place as the onesie.

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

Verimus posted:

I bought this silly thing because my lady friend convinced me it would actually be kinda fun to hang out in onesies, and it's winter soon. Not that anyone besides her is ever allowed to see me in it, for it would ruin my carefully constructed tough guy identity.

where did you get this? and if you don't mind, how much was it? I've been buying $12 onesies from Target for years, but i've been hunting for one without feet and with a hood for ages to no avail.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Replacement stroke nibs for my Cintiq's stylus. Who'da thunk those things wear down?

Crye-modified and RAID-modified DCU uniforms for Lion Claws XII this Memorial Day weekend.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Verimus posted:

And I got her this one from ebay. I didn't pay for shipping on either of them, which I love.

Haha I actually own one of these. She will love it.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Pre-ordered and very happy about it. I didn't buy any of the books because I wanted to wait for a box set. Now if only they'd do the same for Wheel of Time...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

the kawaiiest posted:

Pre-ordered and very happy about it. I didn't buy any of the books because I wanted to wait for a box set. Now if only they'd do the same for Wheel of Time...

I didn't see it in the product description, but are the first few books the way JK wrote them, or the Americanized versions? Aka, The Philosopher's Stone vs The Sorcerer's Stone.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Android Bicyclist posted:

Replacement stroke nibs for my Cintiq's stylus. Who'da thunk those things wear down?

A lot of tablets, especially Wacoms, come with replacement nibs built into the stylus. Does the Cintiq not?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

IUG posted:

I didn't see it in the product description, but are the first few books the way JK wrote them, or the Americanized versions? Aka, The Philosopher's Stone vs The Sorcerer's Stone.

It's printed by Scholastic and illustrated by Mary GrandPré so I'm assuming it's the US version.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Romanian hemp, 6mm! My first rope. It's super soft and also happens to smell amazing. From our initial playing around, it seems to leave lovely rope burns for a couple hours without bruising afterward! I already need some more - the longest length I got is 8m, which is still a haaaaair short for some of the ties I'd like to learn.

Also some cologne!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

the kawaiiest posted:

It's printed by Scholastic and illustrated by Mary GrandPré so I'm assuming it's the US version.

Ah, that's too bad. I figured if/when I read this series, since I love the movies, I might as well go for the originals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Caitlin posted:

A lot of tablets, especially Wacoms, come with replacement nibs built into the stylus. Does the Cintiq not?

They come with an assortment, but usually only one of the spring-loaded and one felt and the rest are standard hard ones. I use felt and am heavy-handed so I'm always stocking up.

• Locked thread