Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I loved my melee warden but I was also ridiculed for it soooo follow your heart I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Weeeelp

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/article/mordred-and-camlann-transfers

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
drat I have a few 50s I wouldn't mind trying out on a real server.

I hope I don't have to remember their names. I should read that article a bit closer.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

It sounds like the same process as transfers to ywain which means you can login but only in housing so you can see the full toon list.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I have no recollection of a Camlan server, was that one of the foreign ones?

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
it was the euro pvp server.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail

CopperHound posted:

By the way, I miss talking about cooking with you scoodles.
word :coal:

madpanda posted:

I started up a warden in the mean time, are they pretty much relegated to healing in groups? Looks like they could be good peelers/solo/duoers.
I have a RR6 heal warden and good luck finding a group that will run you instead of wanting to stick to 2 druid setup. Even as a druid, finding a group in Hib is a pain in the rear end compared to any other of the realms. Having played Mid last time and Alb now, it really is night and day how non-elitist everyone is compared to Hib... which is unfortunate because it really is my favorite realm. :( If you go fully regrowth then the only time people end up wanting wardens is for BG; although I guess you could spec reg and grab BG as well, I just found perfecter to be the ML path more in sync with healing.

It's really dumb how hibs won't run 1 warden 1 druid like how albs run 1 friar 1 cleric. You get better resists, PBT, celerity, a shield peeler, TWF, pretty much all around better utility.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Yea my plan was to run heavy nurture/blunt/shield and peel or w/e. I really don't like healing in this game, soo spoiled from mouseover healing in wow.

Midgard was the worst to get groups for i've found. Even for bg stuff.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
most hib groups are pretty caster heavy and if they bring anything tanky it is usually a hero or vamp in my experience, sometimes a champ. I misread your stuff and thought you were asking about being a heal warden, oops. Either spec, not the easiest to find groups on.

a drink or two
Oct 21, 2008
Ok so Camlann transfers happening is awesome; can someone get me up to speed on how much I will need to do for my Skald (rr11) to be viable? Will the free stuff be enough or will I need to quest/get stuff crafted? I played up to catacombs or so if I remember correctly.

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.
I think anyone still playing DAoC is going to be interested in Mark Jacobs' new Camelot Unchained kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542525

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

madpanda posted:

It sounds like the same process as transfers to ywain which means you can login but only in housing so you can see the full toon list.

you also come naked to ywain, however you do get money, scales, and glass among some other things to get you started.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
Added the CU info to the OP.

Also, our gaming machine is back up and running, so you should see us in-game once again! If anyone is playing Hib, needs anything, and the Waffles are not online, just ping me on Steam or something.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

As a shock to no-one the mordred transfers are not happening next week. They opened today.

RR5l7 minst and another champ inc. I apparently made a few /level 40's years ago also.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006

RIP waffle

a drink or two
Oct 21, 2008

a drink or two posted:

Ok so Camlann transfers happening is awesome; can someone get me up to speed on how much I will need to do for my Skald (rr11) to be viable? Will the free stuff be enough or will I need to quest/get stuff crafted? I played up to catacombs or so if I remember correctly.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm about to be naked! Whats the minimum I need to be able to go out and pve/zerg/whatever?

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
If you are going to do more than zerg surf then you will have to find a template for your character. Go to postcount.net and browse their forums to find one.

Depending on your class and spec you can expect to spend anywhere from ~50 plat or so to 400+. I templated out a skald and spent around ~180 plat to do it. Pricey items include seasonal items (Medal of Honor, Halloween Hats, Springtime Folly Bracers, etc) or things from Summoner's Hall / ML10. To keep it cheap, stick to items you can buy with dragon scales, artifacts, maybe a few pieces of the revamped epic gear, and crafted

a drink or two
Oct 21, 2008
Thanks. Transferred last night and still feel kind of lost; new RA system, a lot of new stuff for the Skald, I haven't really played even ToA let alone Catacombs/Labyrith stuff on a normal server etc... feels weird as hell running to the Hall of Heroes without having to constantly pan!

I guess I will go post over in the Skald section on postcount and see if someone can explain how they work now!

Kosher man
May 8, 2002
Man I played this for about 6 months on launch and then again a few years later but what the hell. Im in for the next 14 days at least! Currently goofing off under the name "thebestdad"

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
10,000 at the DAoC2 kickstarter to throw a pie at Mark Jacobs and yell "TOA SUCKED". That is almost worth it.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

a drink or two posted:

Thanks. Transferred last night and still feel kind of lost; new RA system, a lot of new stuff for the Skald, I haven't really played even ToA let alone Catacombs/Labyrith stuff on a normal server etc... feels weird as hell running to the Hall of Heroes without having to constantly pan!

I guess I will go post over in the Skald section on postcount and see if someone can explain how they work now!

Most of the classes work pretty much the same, music classes can do 2 songs at once now. The biggest change in the past few years has probably been melee style revamping. Most of the really powerful styles are now 2 chains, Leviathan, annihilation etc. RA's got reworked as well.

I can't remember when new frontiers hit but if you are used to the old ones that will probably be the biggest shock.

The wiki and few guides in the OP explain a bunch of it. But its much easier to hit max level and gear up now.

ChaiCalico fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 10, 2013

a drink or two
Oct 21, 2008
Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll figure it out :)

Just a few more idiot questions:

What is a mythrian and how do I get one? Is there a "best" one (skald)?

When were RAs changed? What's the "sweet spot" i.e. it used to be lvl 3 in passives, 4 if you were high rr? Is purge 5 the norm?

And finally am I crazy or did panning while moving let you leave the camera pointing backward and click on things etc? Am I doing something wrong i.e. is there a setting for this? Keeps snapping back and its incredibly annoying...

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
If anyone is messing around on Uthgard Hib our guild rolled there and we need to find an active bards/druids for our 8v8.

Hit me up on Peel or anyone in <Sub Par> to run with us.

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
How does that Uthgard poo poo run anyway, nothing harder than a UO Shard? Easy to get established on there?

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

Snaxxor posted:

How does that Uthgard poo poo run anyway, nothing harder than a UO Shard? Easy to get established on there?

Yeah, really easy. Just get DAoC Portal client and it essentially patches itself.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
How the heck do you even level healing classes on Uthgard? Its being even more painful than trying a caster.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

SERPUS posted:

How the heck do you even level healing classes on Uthgard? Its being even more painful than trying a caster.

You can take most of them to 40 fairly easily solo. Nature spec for a Druid, Smite for Cleric, and Augmentation for Healer. It just takes forever.
Otherwise, level a more solo friendly class, and hop on your healer if you see a group going in it's level range. Also play during European times.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Is there a site that shows current online population number for the live servers like the Herald used to do?

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

SERPUS posted:

Is there a site that shows current online population number for the live servers like the Herald used to do?
Sadly, the Realm War page has not been restored on the new Dark Age site yet, and I don't know of any places that list populations in the meantime.

I can give you a general idea of what to expect, though, at least in level 50 RvR.

Albion: A zerg in North America prime time is at least 30 people, often 80+.
Midgard: A zerg will be around 2 or 3 groups of 8 people each.
Hibernia: Zergs do not exist. Once in a blue moon, you might see 2 full groups running around together. Take a screenshot to remember what it looks like.

Albion is the only highly populated realm during North America's prime time because it's the only one that really coordinates its efforts anymore. This means many players have left Midgard and Hibernia, leaving Albion as the RvR bully because no one else can muster up the same numbers. It's a vicious cycle.

Level 50 RvR numbers in Hibernia are 180-ish on weekends and around 100 at the peak of prime time on week nights. That includes buff bots. A year ago, the peak population of Hibernia used to be 300 on really good weekends, 200-ish on busy week nights. Either everyone left for Albion, or some of the recent changes have backfired in general.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
There was a decently large Hib zerg running today around 3pm EST.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

SERPUS posted:

There was a decently large Hib zerg running today around 3pm EST.
I have wondered about populations outside of prime time. The European Hibs seem to have their act together, since they retake a lot of lost Hib territory every day. Anyone know what the Mid/Alb populations are around that time?

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
Most of the alb population definitely is on during US hours and it tends to die out during euro hours. I usually see a japanese guild running their 8 man and maybe 1-2 other 8mans of either french or germans. Then of course, all the solos or whatnot that hang around bridges. There seems to be a lot of euro hibs (especially crau coast guard when realms are neutral). Mids disappear after US primetime.

Wasse
Jan 16, 2010

Dongattack posted:

10,000 at the DAoC2 kickstarter to throw a pie at Mark Jacobs and yell "TOA SUCKED". That is almost worth it.

In some ways I actually enjoyed TOA, though the bugs when it was released were really annoying. Of course looking back on it now, the whole idea of camping non instanced long respawn mobs seems crazy with every other game that has come out since.

I think the problem they ran into, at some level, was creating new content while not destroying the very thing that made the game fun. I actually prefered old frontiers, as opposed to the whole NF thing they did.

I'm still amazed the game is around though. Spent a lot of hours playing the game.

DaftAero
Feb 15, 2012

Hel-LO, dear viewers...
ToA and a pie to the face needs to happen asap. Let me give you my ToA story, the only one I can remember since it consumed me, the rest I have forgotten.

For those that don't know three things must be accomplished for every artifact in DAoC. You need to beat the encounter and get credit, pray the artifact drops for said encounter boss, and farm 3 scrolls specific to the artifact itself. Once you do all that, you get the artifact at level 1 and then have to level it up through various means specific to the artifact. DAoC has no instancing, so you were also competing against your realm mates for the spawns.

There was an artifact called the Gem of Lost Memories. Once powered up it basically allowed you to break mezz, which in today's mmos every class gets as some form of ability or trinket, so pretty much a must for a melee class.

The encounter itself is trivial, the mob, Night Terror, spawning is sheer luck and determination. It can only spawns between midnight and 4am game time and has some astronomical low chance and couldn't have been defeated the previous day cycle.

So my buddy was camping this for days and I'd drop by occasionally to keep him company, he eventually gets it after 5 real days or so. On a whim I went there after the next day cycle in game and lo and behold he was there, I was extremely happy, my luck is never this good in mmos. I tease him in guild that Night Terror is back and how it took me a whole 5 seconds of camping to get him. Well guess what, I got no encounter credit for whatever reason but I did get the artifact.

As any mmo player can attest I appealed this to a GM immediately. I was the only one on the island he spawns, so it wasn't possible anybody could have tagged him or shady dealings. Surely they could look at logs or something and see I killed this mob. Nope. Sorry we don't give encounter credit, wait for him to spawn again, kill it again and see if it assigns you the credit the next time.

I had to poopsock that island for 7 real days before it spawned again. I turned my speakers up full blast, so it would wake me up if he spawned. I two manned this with my other buddy who also needed the Gem. One of us was always awake or at the keyboard, it was necessary as harpies spawn on the island and occasionally path into aggro radius or where Night Terror spawned. We both got credit and he got the artifact. Then we had to farm the drat scrolls.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Rate my template for a stealth minstrel:

Stats
------------------------------------------------------------------------
STR: 77 / 84 (+9) INT: 0 / 75 Hits: 336 / 390 (+190) AF: 25 /
CON: 84 / 86 (+11) PIE: 0 / 75 End: 0 / 25
DEX: 61 / 91 (+16) EMP: 0 / 75 Pow: 0 / 32 (+6)
QUI: 37 / 84 (+9) CHA: 94 / 91 (+16) %PP: 0% / 31% (+6)

Resists
Body: 24 / 26 Energy: 23 / 26 Crush: 25 / 26 (+3)
Cold: 22 / 26 (+5) Matter: 29 / 26 Slash: 35 / 26 (+2)
Heat: 24 / 26 Spirit: 20 / 26 Thrust: 27 / 26
Essence: 0 / 26

Skills
9 / 11 All Magic Skills
9 / 11 All Melee Weapon Skills
11 / 11 Instruments
9 / 11 Slash
11 / 11 Stealth
9 / 11 Thrust

Other Bonuses
8 / 10 Archery and Casting Speed
2 / 10 Archery and Spell Damage
9 / 10 Archery and Spell Range
20 / 25 Duration of Spells
5 / 10 Melee Combat Speed
5 / 10 Melee Damage
9 / 10 Style Damage

Piece Listing
Chest
Name: Habergeon of Haunting Melody
Level: 51 Quality: 100 AF/DPS: 102
Slot 1: 3 All Melee Weapon Skills
Slot 2: 3 All Magic Skills
Slot 3: 21 Dexterity
Slot 4: 21 Acuity
Slot 5: 9 Slash Resist
Slot 6: 5 Dexterity Cap Increase
Slot 7: 5 Acuity Cap Increase
Slot 8: 6 Constitution Cap Increase
Slot 9: 2 Spell Damage
Slot 10: 4 Style Damage
Utility: 76.0

Arms
Name: Crafted Item2
Level: 51 Quality: 100
Imbue Points: 37.0 of 32 Overcharge: 5
Gem 1: 11 Cold Resist - Faceted Icy Shielding Jewel
Gem 2: 11 Spirit Resist - Faceted Vapor Shielding Jewel
Gem 3: 2 Instruments Skill - Uncut Vapor Fervor Sigil
Gem 4: 36 Hits - Imperfect Blood Essence Jewel
Slot 5: 80 Heal Reactive Effect - Reactive Mending Tincture (Drop)
Utility: 63.0 SC Cost: 30g 79s 0c SC Price: 30g 79s 0c

Head
Name: Crown of Haunting Melody
Slot 1: 21 Strength
Slot 2: 19 Constitution
Slot 3: 9 Acuity
Slot 4: 9 Spirit Resist
Slot 5: 8 Matter Resist
Slot 6: 5 Constitution Cap Increase
Slot 7: 5 Acuity Cap Increase
Slot 8: 4 Casting Speed
Slot 9: 6 Dexterity Cap Increase
Slot 10: 3 Spell Range
Utility: 66.7

Legs
Name: Chausses of Haunting Melody
Slot 1: 3 All Magic Skills
Slot 2: 21 Dexterity
Slot 3: 35 Hits
Slot 4: 9 Thrust Resist
Slot 5: 9 Heat Resist
Slot 6: 6 Quickness Cap Increase
Slot 7: 5 Dexterity Cap Increase
Slot 8: 25 Hits Cap Increase
Slot 9: 3 Melee Damage
Slot 10: 3 Style Damage
Utility: 73.8

Hands
Name: Gauntlets of Haunting Melody
Slot 1: 21 Quickness
Slot 2: 19 Dexterity
Slot 3: 9 Constitution
Slot 4: 35 Hits
Slot 5: 9 Body Resist
Slot 6: 8 Energy Resist
Slot 7: 6 Acuity Cap Increase
Slot 8: 3 Quickness Cap Increase
Slot 9: 15 Hits Cap Increase
Slot 10: 4 Spell Range
Utility: 75.4

Feet
Name: Boots of Haunting Melody
Slot 1: 21 Constitution
Slot 2: 35 Hits
Slot 3: 9 Matter Resist
Slot 4: 9 Energy Resist
Slot 5: 5 Duration of Spells
Slot 6: 15 Hits Cap Increase
Slot 7: 2 Casting Speed
Slot 8: 5 Duration of Spells
Slot 9: 3 Melee Combat Speed
Slot 10: 2 Melee Damage
Utility: 58.8

Left Hand
Name: Crafted Item8
Imbue Points: 37.0 of 32 Overcharge: 5
Gem 1: 11 Cold Resist - Faceted Icy Shielding Jewel
Gem 2: 9 Heat Resist - Polished Heated Shielding Jewel
Gem 3: 13 Strength - Imperfect Fiery Essence Jewel
Gem 4: 13 Constitution - Imperfect Earthen Essence Jewel
Slot 5: 80 Heal Reactive Effect - Reactive Mending Tincture (Drop)
Utility: 57.3 SC Cost: 30g 30s 0c SC Price: 30g 30s 0c

Neck
Name: Public Awareness Necklace
Level: 51 Quality: 100 Bonus: 35
Slot 1: 6 Body Resist
Slot 2: 6 Energy Resist
Slot 3: 6 Matter Resist
Slot 4: 7 Crush Resist
Slot 5: 6 Thrust Resist
Slot 6: 7 Slash Resist
Utility: 76.0

Cloak
Name: Astral Cloak of Heroes
Level: 50 Quality: 100 Bonus: 35
Slot 1: 22 Strength
Slot 2: 22 Constitution
Slot 3: 2 All Melee Weapon Skills
Slot 4: 60 Hits
Slot 5: 2 Melee Combat Speed
Slot 6: 60 Hits Cap Increase
Utility: 54.3

Jewel
Name: Tablet of Atlantis
Level: 40 Quality: 100 Bonus: 35
Slot 1: 3 All Magic Skills
Slot 2: 40 Hits
Slot 3: 10 AF
Slot 4: 15 Acuity
Utility: 35.0

Belt
Name: Hero of Cathal's Shrouded Belt
Level: 51 Quality: 99
Slot 1: 8 Slash Resist
Slot 2: 16 Quickness
Slot 3: 4 Stealth Skill
Slot 4: 8 Thrust Resist
Slot 5: 8 Crush Resist
Slot 6: 4 Strength Cap Increase
Utility: 78.7

Left Ring
Name: Ring of Arcane Strength
Level: 51 Quality: 100 Bonus: 35
Slot 1: 21 Strength
Slot 2: 4 All Melee Weapon Skills
Slot 3: 4 Crush Resist
Slot 4: 4 Thrust Resist
Slot 5: 4 Slash Resist
Slot 6: 35 Hits
Slot 7: 5 Strength Cap Increase
Slot 8: 5 AF
Slot 9: 35 Hits Cap Increase
Slot 10: 2 Style Damage
Utility: 66.8

Right Ring
Name: RoG Shadowwalker Stealth/Cha
Slot 1: 25 Charisma
Slot 2: 7 Slash Resist
Slot 3: 7 Stealth Skill
Slot 4: 6 Power Cap Increase
Utility: 65.7

Left Wrist
Name: Zahur's Bracer
Level: 50 Quality: 100 Bonus: 35
Slot 1: 6 Heat Resist
Slot 2: 6 Matter Resist
Slot 3: 6 Crush Resist
Slot 4: 60 Hits
Slot 5: 10 AF
Slot 6: 40 Hits Cap Increase
Utility: 51.0

Right Wrist
Name: Bracer of Snow
Level: 49 Quality: 100 Bonus: 35
Slot 1: 9 Body Resist
Slot 2: 2 Casting Speed
Slot 3: 24 Acuity
Slot 4: 2 Spell Range
Slot 5: 10 Duration of Spells
Utility: 34.0

SERPUS fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 17, 2013

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
dex seems low, as well as only 2 damage, less than 23 duration (23 is when you hit 12 sec for the stun). the power cap on your ROG is kind of a wasted slot. I really think you could get a way better belt than a cathal valley one as well. also, you have no astral legs / chest in your template so you wouldn't be able to keep the astral cloak on.

is the spell pierce 10/10? I see you have AT so that's at least 5.

25/25 heal bonus is something to shoot for as well.

---

Harp

Strength : 33
Constitution : 82
Dexterity : 101
Quickness : 24
Acuity : 100
Hit Points : 380

Crush Resist : 28
Slash Resist : 24
Thrust Resist : 24
Heat Resist : 22
Cold Resist : 25
Matter Resist : 24
Energy Resist : 22
Body Resist : 22
Spirit Resist : 22

Melee Speed : 5 / 10
Melee Damage : 2 / 10
Melee Style Damage : 2 / 10
Archery/Spell Haste : 4 / 10
Archery/Spell Damage : 12 / 10
Archery/Spell Range : 7 / 10
Spell Piercing : 10 / 10
Spell Duration : 24 / 25
Healing Bonus : 25 / 25

Jewel : Atlantis Tablet
Neck : Dragonseye Strand
Cloak : Shades of Mist
Belt : Soulbinder's Belt
Ring1 : Ring of Arcane Gestures (ToA)

Ring2 : Custom Item
( This item was edited manually or is Unique ( RoG ) )
Level : 51
Stealth Skill : 4
Spirit Resist : 11%
Dexterity Cap : 7
Spell Duration : 13%

Wrist1 : Stonewatch Bracer
Wrist2 : Stonewatch Bracer
Chest : Timeless Indigo Mail (ToA-Healer)

Head : Sigil Ensorcelled Mail Crown (Acuity Cap +5)
Dexterity : 16 ( Polished vapor essence jewel )
Energy Resist : 15 ( Flawless light shielding jewel )
Body Resist : 3 ( Rough dusty shielding jewel )
Heat Resist : 3 ( Rough heated shielding jewel )

Arms : Sleeves of Haunting Melodies

Hands : Dragonsworn Enchanted Gloves (Dexterity +15)
Dexterity : 25 ( Flawless vapor essence jewel )
Hit Points : 76 ( Perfect blood essence jewel )
Heat Resist : 7 ( Imperfect heated shielding jewel )
Slash Resist : 5 ( Flawed watery shielding jewel )

Legs : Astral Leggings of Fortification

Feet : Dragonsworn Ensorcelled Boots (Healing +5%)
Charisma : 25 ( Flawless icy essence jewel )
Matter Resist : 5 ( Flawed earthen shielding jewel )
Thrust Resist : 7 ( Imperfect airy shielding jewel )

Ranged : Upsilon Harp (Minstrel)
Myth : Dragon Power Mythirian

S/S

Strength : 79
Constitution : 82
Dexterity : 101
Quickness : 40
Acuity : 100
Hit Points : 380

Melee Damage : 6 / 10
Melee Style Damage : 2 / 10
Archery/Spell Haste : 4 / 10
Archery/Spell Damage : 8 / 10
Archery/Spell Range : 3 / 10
Spell Piercing : 10 / 10
Spell Duration : 18 / 25
Healing Bonus : 25 / 25

Right Hand : Fine Steel Long Sword (Alb - ToA)
Left Hand : Dragonsworn Mighty Shield (Small) (Strength +15)
Stealth Skill : 4 ( Flawed airy battle jewel )
Dexterity : 28 ( Perfect vapor essence jewel )
Quickness : 16 ( Polished airy essence jewel )
Strength : 16 ( Polished fiery essence jewel )

---

my melee isn't great (although FSLS is awesome because the celerity procs so much and it helps a lot) but I rarely ever do that, relying on my shouts for most of my damage. This is very much a group oriented stealth template although I do solo a lot and do pretty well, but requires a lot of kiting and hoping that there is another alb somewhere around that will add onto my fight. With the 25 heal bonus, AM3 heals for ridiculous amounts and will save your duo / group if they are getting beat up. Requires you to swap to shield in stealth to cap and optimally swapping to harp for shouts/stun for increased duration and spell damage.

resists could be better and not 400 hits but it doesn't bother me personally

of course this template also has a ROG so it's not exactly copyable, but as long as you get something with at least 12% duration, some +stealth, and a high % of any resist, you should be set. the dex cap isn't super important on the ROG but I like having it 101 capped. another resist would be good on the slot, or anything really

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Dex on a mini isn't really that important, it only effects the demez and the AOE Mez. Both being such long cast times that the dex break points are quite high. Serpus, I'd see if you can work in the Shades of Mist cloak. the /use2 on it is pretty boss for damage mitigation which is what you're going to need as a stealth mini. I can post my group template for everyone for ideas if anyone wants. I have an astral chain chest in my vault as well if you need/want it to work around.
This is what i'm using, you'll have to find an rog with matter resist if you want to cap out matter, i've got qui on it for the slight boost in melee speed, though I doubt it matters:
you'll notice that the dragon int myth is equipped but its in the 2 handed slot, my version of GB wont let you create a custom myth so just assume that the values are present, this caps CHA/Dex and is close on con/str but with very little qui as you might expect.

Stat Details : Items / Cap

<-- Stats -->
Strength : 69 / 80
Constitution : 75 / 80
Dexterity : 101 / 99
Quickness : 27 / 75
Charisma : 101 / 100
Acuity : 101 / 90
Hit Points : 356 / 380

<-- Stat Cap Increases -->
Strength Cap : 5 / 26
Constitution Cap : 5 / 26
Dexterity Cap : 24 / 26
Charisma Cap : 10 / 26
Acuity Cap : 15 / 26
Hit Points Cap : 180 / 200

<-- Resists -->
Crush Resist : 27 / 28
Slash Resist : 28 / 29
Thrust Resist : 26 / 26
Heat Resist : 28 / 26
Cold Resist : 24 / 26
Matter Resist : 20 / 26
Energy Resist : 29 / 26
Body Resist : 27 / 26
Spirit Resist : 22 / 31

<-- ToA Bonuses -->
Melee Damage : 10 / 10
Style Damage : 8 / 10
Archery/Spell Speed : 11 / 10
Archery/Spell Damage : 12 / 10
Archery/Spell Range : 10 / 10
Spell Pierce : 10 / 10
Spell Duration : 21 / 25
Armor Factor : 27 / 50
Healing Bonus : 22 / 25

<-- General Skills -->
All Melee Skills : 7 / 19
All Casting Skills : 6 / 19
Stealth Skill : 8 / 19

<-- Albion Skills -->
Slash Skill : 15 / 19
Thrust Skill : 15 / 19

<-- Albion Magic -->
Instruments : 14 / 19

<== Equipment Info ==>

Weapons Equipped : Ranged ( 2H )
( Jewel ) (RoG) : AT
15 Acuity
3 All Casting Skills
40 Hit Points
10 Armor Factor
5 Spell Pierce

(Neck) : Medal of Honor
Item Level : 50
Item Type : Quest Reward
Expansion : Dragon's Revenge Campaign (Dragons)
Quality : N/A %
Source : Unknown
Item Origin : Universal
5 Crush Resist
5 Slash Resist
5 Thrust Resist
5 Heat Resist
5 Cold Resist
5 Body Resist
5 Matter Resist
5 Energy Resist
5 Spirit Resist
Charges ( 350v Ablative )
90.0 Utility / 90.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 40
Notes - Released Periodically | 350v Ablative | First seen in Dragon's Revenge Campaign

( Cloak ) (RoG) : Xanicar Cloak
3 All Casting Skills
18 Acuity
18 Dexterity
18 Constitution
1 Crush Resist
1 Slash Resist
1 Thrust Resist
1 Energy Resist
5 Spell Pierce
2 Spell Speed

( Belt ) (RoG) : Arcane Sash of the Vigilant
21 Acuity
18 Dexterity
40 Hit Points
5 Heat Resist
5 Cold Resist
5 Energy Resist
5 Acuity Cap
4 Dexterity Cap
40 Hit Points Cap
5 Spell Speed

(Ring) : Ring of Granite Enhancement
Item Type : Normal Drop
Source : Imported GBI/GBX
Item Origin : Albion
3 All Melee Skills
50 Hit Points
6 Heat Resist
6 Cold Resist
6 Slash Resist
6 Thrust Resist
6 Crush Resist
50 Hit Points Cap
87.5 Utility / 100.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 48

( Ring ) (RoG) : Rog Qui/Cha cap
27 Quickness
11 Armor Factor
10 Charisma Cap
11 Spell Duration

(Wrist) : Bracer of Arawn (BP Item)
Item Type : Bounty Point Reward
Expansion : New Frontiers (NF)
Source : Unknown
Item Origin : Universal
7 Heat Resist
7 Spirit Resist
6 Slash Resist
6 Crush Resist
6 Body Resist
6 Matter Resist
1 Armor Factor
76.0 Utility / 77.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 38
Notes - Bounty Merchant Item

( Wrist ) (RoG) : Bracer of Arcane Vigor
4 All Melee Skills
21 Strength
35 Hit Points
4 Crush Resist
4 Slash Resist
4 Thrust Resist
5 Strength Cap
35 Hit Points Cap
5 Armor Factor
2 Style Damage

(Chest) : Dragonslayer Lament Mail Hauberk (ToA)
Item Level : 51
Item Type : Dragonslayer Quest
Quality : 100 %
Source : Ethinarg
Item Origin : Albion
Absorb : 27% (Chain / Scale)
AF : 102
15 Strength
5 Cold Resist
5 Heat Resist
5 Spirit Resist
4 Melee Damage
4 Style Damage
15 Acuity
4 Spell Range
4 Spell Damage
Reverse Proc ( 130v Heal : Hit Points )
Reverse Proc ( 200v Ablative )
50.0 Utility / 66.0 ToA Utility
Bonus Level (Auto) : 43
Notes - XML Import | 100% Quality | Source: Ethinarg

( Head ) (RoG) : Shimmering Cap of the hollowed
18 Constitution
16 Dexterity
7 Thrust Resist
7 Body Resist
40 Hit Points
5 Constitution Cap
2 Melee Damage
2 Melee Speed

( Arms ) (RoG) : Infernal Sleeves (Magic)
15 Strength
16 Dexterity
16 Acuity
5 Acuity Cap
5 Dexterity Cap
2 Spell Speed
2 Spell Damage
5 Healing Bonus

( Hands ) (Auto Name) : Dragonsworn Enchanted Gloves (Dexterity +15)
Item Type : Crafted
Cold Resist : 3 ( Rough icy shielding jewel )
Body Resist : 9 ( Polished dusty shielding jewel )
Energy Resist : 9 ( Polished light shielding jewel )
Fifth Slot Bonuses : 15 Dexterity
Gem 1 : 1 On , 11 Ground Draconic Scales , 3 Frost From a Wasteland
Gem 2 : 1 Mon , 26 Ground Draconic Scales , 6 Undead Ash and Holy Water
Gem 3 : 1 Mon , 26 Ground Draconic Scales , 6 Sun Light
Gem 4 : 1 Ra , 37 Essence of Life , 10 Giant Blood

( Legs ) (RoG) : Astral Leggings of fortification
18 Strength
18 Constitution
40 Hit Points
10 Dexterity Cap
40 Hit Points Cap
2 Melee Damage
2 Style Damage
2 Spell Damage
2 Spell Range
10 Healing Bonus

( Feet ) (RoG) : Minstrel King Epic Boots
21 Constitution
35 Hit Points
9 Matter Resist
9 Energy Resist
5 Spell Duration
15 Hit Points Cap
2 Spell Speed
5 Spell Duration
3 Melee Speed
2 Melee Damage

( Right Hand ) (RoG) : Pictslayer Blade
3 All Melee Skills
21 Quickness
22 Strength
3 Body Resist
3 Energy Resist
5 Strength Cap
5 Quickness Cap
2 Melee Damage
2 Melee Speed
2 Style Damage

( Left Hand ) (RoG) : Pictslayer Buckler
25 Dexterity
5 Power Pool %
2 Thrust Resist
2 Slash Resist
2 Crush Resist
5 Acuity Cap
5 Dexterity Cap
3 Spell Speed
3 Spell Damage
10 Armor Factor

( Two Hand ) (RoG) : Dragon Intellect Mythirian
3 Constitution
3 Acuity
3 Dexterity
3 Constitution Cap
3 Acuity Cap
3 Dexterity Cap
1 Spell Range
5 Spell Duration

( Ranged ) (RoG) : Pictslayer Dirge
16 Acuity
18 Dexterity
3 Thrust Resist
3 Slash Resist
3 Crush Resist
5 Dexterity Cap
5 Acuity Cap
7 Healing Bonus
4 Spell Damage
4 Spell Range

Replacing the ROG ring with anything that has matter + spell duration works (i've since upgraded the rog)

( Ring ) (RoG) : Rog Qui/Cha cap
27 Quickness
11 Armor Factor
10 Charisma Cap
11 Spell Duration

The quickness on the suit is zero but as a group mini it hardly matters.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Could have sworn I heard testimony that the SoM ablative doesn't stack with the red minstrel ablative.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Do you all play Hibs/Mids also? I have a hunter and nightshade too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"

SERPUS posted:

Do you all play Hibs/Mids also? I have a hunter and nightshade too.

I only play Hib. Most recently I have been spending a lot of time on my ranger (Wafflesnypyn) in Molvik, though I'll play my 50 eldritch (Wafflestompyn) and 50 NS (Grrsnatch) from time to time.

• Locked thread