Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pope Guilty posted:

So a turn-based combat sort of thing?

It's first person turn based combat while you navigate a dungeon like Etrian Odyssey or Strange Journey. Same Developers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Fire Emblem has shipped and will be here tomorrow. Finally.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Picked up some Hori screen protectors for my xl today. The OP said to ask for advice in the thread if needed, which I figured was for the best so my dumb rear end doesn't screw it up. Instructions/tips?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Clevermuldoon posted:

Instructions/tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeXhiXCMUE

I doubt you'll find anything better than this video.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Skeezy posted:

I'm going to be really mad if the Animal Crossing XL bundle comes out in the states. I assumed we would never get it because it being Animal Crossing and all why would a bundle even come out here.

But I should have figured if the Fire Emblem and Pikachu 3DS' came out why wouldn't this one.

Guess I could sell the XL I just bought and upgrade up to the AC one.

If I've stubbornly waited this long to but an XL, and we get the AC bundle, all of my patience will be rewarded. I will continue to sit on my hands until June 9th, I guess.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's great about a bundle/how would that be an upgrade?

I am going to have to wait three months to get one myself because the idea stresses out my wife too much.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
It's cheaper. The bundles are the same price as just the system.

EDIT: They also usually have nifty case coloring, and come with the game pre-installed, but you knew that already.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

greatn posted:

What's great about a bundle/how would that be an upgrade?

I am going to have to wait three months to get one myself because the idea stresses out my wife too much.

The bundles all in my opinion look pretty gaudy. Even the SMT 4 which is the only way I would upgrade to an XL looks pretty ugly and tribal.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TastyLemonDrops posted:

It's cheaper. The bundles are the same price as just the system.

EDIT: They also usually have nifty case coloring, and come with the game pre-installed, but you knew that already.

Ah, I didn't realize they cost the same as the system itself.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

Len posted:

The bundles all in my opinion look pretty gaudy. Even the SMT 4 which is the only way I would upgrade to an XL looks pretty ugly and tribal.

You take that back. :colbert:

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.

Clevermuldoon posted:

Picked up some Hori screen protectors for my xl today. The OP said to ask for advice in the thread if needed, which I figured was for the best so my dumb rear end doesn't screw it up. Instructions/tips?

I just put some on my XL this weekend. Follow the directions in the link Saoshyant posted. That will help you get it aligned. Also keep some scotch tape handy. If you get an air bubble that won't go away, or a dust speck, use the tape to pull up a corner of the screen protector. Then you can either try to relay it in the case of air bubbles, or take a second piece of tape to dab at and remove the dust speck.

Until this weekend I never knew that air bubbles or specks of dust could induce literal rage in me. The tape fixed it though!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Soul Hackers is finally up in the shop for anyone else who stayed up last night and was disappointed.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
Got my imported Circle Pad Pro XL today. It makes the handheld look like a bit of a monster, but now I can buy and play RE: Revelations comfortably, so I think it is worth it.

Friday I'll get my hands on Fire Emblem, though. Only three days!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Arthe Xavier posted:

Got my imported Circle Pad Pro XL today. It makes the handheld look like a bit of a monster, but now I can buy and play RE: Revelations comfortably, so I think it is worth it.

Friday I'll get my hands on Fire Emblem, though. Only three days!

FWIW I found RE:R more comfortable without the CPP. But I also found the CPP to be kind of lumpy and weird to hold.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

So, Soul Hackers is pretty sweet, the combat especially has this sort of crazy kinetic feel to it despite being 2D sprites on a moving background with turnbased gameplay, it's fairly fast paced which is surprising coming from Persona, Nocturne, and Digital Devil Saga. I like it.

The voice-acting is horrible though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JebanyPedal posted:

The voice-acting is horrible though.

Well it is a game from the mid-90's :downsrim:.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If I delete a game from my SD card, do I lose my saves?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

WrightOfWay posted:

If I delete a game from my SD card, do I lose my saves?

Yes. Back that stuff up.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well it is a game from the mid-90's :downsrim:.

I was under the impression that the 3DS release was the first time Soul Hackers came to the states.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wouldn't say it's awful but the voice acting definitely is kind of on the eh side.

Which is odd since I recognize most of the voices and they're usually good. Could just be lovely voice direction.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wouldn't say it's awful but the voice acting definitely is kind of on the eh side.

Which is odd since I recognize most of the voices and they're usually good. Could just be lovely voice direction.

It's stilted in that sense that you can just imagine the voice actors sitting in a booth and reading out lines to no one but themselves, that just bothers me more than it does other people I guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, I noticed that the moment I saw that English story trailer, and it really turned me off of the game. Shame.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just don't play it with the voice acting then?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Detective No. 27 posted:

Just don't play it with the voice acting then?

And then just have terrible writing instead? There is no safe place.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

JebanyPedal posted:

And then just have terrible writing instead? There is no safe place.

It's a JRPG. You knew what you were getting into.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I like rumors. They lead to smoke and fire or farts and poo poo.

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendo3dsnews/spanish-retailer-lists-majoras-mask-3d/

Also I am enjoying the hell out of my 3DS XL, and I'm glad that there are so many games I want but cannot have, it's a good feeling to feel that again. Aspiration!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Level-5 has their "black box" teaser up again which more than likely means they will be announcing Guild 02 (hopefully with all 3 games and not skipping the kaiju one).

And still nothing on Layton vs. Wright. :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, Target is doing an in-store B1G1 half-off sale this week; eligible 3DS titles include Star Fox, Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter (Wii U version too).

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Well, I guess we can be pretty sure what the announcement will cover tomorrow.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Dehry posted:

Mario and Luigi dream team?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I wish they would have released a special Luigi 3DS XL that was green with just a big encircled L on the back. Year of Luigi my rear end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

big mean giraffe posted:

I wish they would have released a special Luigi 3DS XL that was green with just a big encircled L on the back. Year of Luigi my rear end.

That's not entirely impossible, given we got the Mario DSi a few years back. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll announce it in that new Nintendo Direct :shrug:.

JebanyPedal posted:

I was under the impression that the 3DS release was the first time Soul Hackers came to the states.

It is. It was a joke :ssh:.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, Target is doing an in-store B1G1 half-off sale this week; eligible 3DS titles include Star Fox, Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter (Wii U version too).

This does not occur until Sunday correct?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Dehry posted:

The entire Nintendo Direct will be a japanese LPer playing New Super Luigi Bros U.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Mario and Luigi dream team?

Luigi and Waluigi dream team. :colbert:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

limaCAT posted:

Luigi and Waluigi dream team. :colbert:

Now just make a Royal Purple XL with Waluigi's upside down L Emblem and we're golden.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Volfogg posted:

Now just make a Royal Purple XL with Waluigi's upside down L Emblem and we're golden.

Considering how they keep placing those designs upside down you can just wear purple glasses with a Luigi-themed XL! :v:

I have no idea what's up with online Spanish stores allowing one to preorder games that weren't announced (Layton vs Wright) or even exist (Majora Mask 3D). I assume speculation publicity is good?

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

big mean giraffe posted:

I'm not one to buy special edition releases of consoles or handhelds, but I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hey, bunch of news.

Ace Attorney 5 revealed the prosecutor character and that, thanks to the 3D models, there will be costume DLC. I don't know who would bother buying clown outfits or whatever for the characters in a visual novel-style game, but there you go.

Sega announced a sequel to Project Mirai, the Hatsune Miku game exclusive to the 3DS.

Not particularly interested and I'm someone who would buy the new PS3/Vita game in a heartbeat.

There's some magazine scans for the new Etrian Odyssey (not IV):

Easy difficulty is called "Picnic".

There's also a trailer for Art of Balance: Touch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcO6vGPn6ag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Saoshyant posted:

There's also a trailer for Art of Balance: Touch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcO6vGPn6ag

Which is already available since a long time ago in Europe.
I spent a good 6 hours on this... it's a good game, but unfortunately I hit a ceiling because some levels are nearly unsolvable (your call if the fault lies in :argh: pixel perfect janky physics or in my ham hands :btroll:).

• Locked thread