Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Artificer posted:

Here you are. I'm also using the Blaster premade. I unlocked the Proximity Mines today. They're pretty nice. Going to go for HE grenades to replace my frags, I think. My aim-spread looks great, so I think it is just my aim. Do you guys have your mouse sensitivity and aim sensitivity set to the same number?

Try using either the QDSS-9 muzzel to drop your recoil and fire more from the hip or the ZXi-Nexus for a mid-ranged ADS/headshot build. My advice for the BFSMG would be if you can't hit 50 dmg settle into 45 with better stats. That chart in the OP is my best friend when I'm playing with my gunbarbies.

NihilCredo posted:

Odd. I hated the M4X for the longest time, then this is the build that finally clicked for me:

I just couldn't make the M4X work as "like the AR but more hipfirey", not even with minimum recoil, but as "like the SMG but more accurate" it's worked pretty well. It kills stupid fast for a runner's +0.55 speed gun: in close quarters the recoil tends to create more headshots than it does misses.

I still prefer the BFSMG for sheer lethality, but if I need maximum speed to run objectives and poo poo this plays a lot better for me than any other gun with a comparable speed bonus (meaning TSMG, speedy SMG, or speedy BPFA).

Thanks! I'll try this out today. You might want to experiment with that R7 Rush barrel on your build. It should push the damage up to 50 without sacking a ton of speed like the GX Heavy.

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I think the copperhead brings it up to 56 damage, which would be Better. Not sure though.

Max damage on the AR is 55. I do like that Copperhead muzzel for hip fire builds to get that drat muzzel flash out of the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Try using either the QDSS-9 muzzel to drop your recoil and fire more from the hip or the ZXi-Nexus for a mid-ranged ADS/headshot build. My advice for the BFSMG would be if you can't hit 50 dmg settle into 45 with better stats. That chart in the OP is my best friend when I'm playing with my gunbarbies.

I don't think I can be at 45 with either of those muzzles, so I dropped my +damage tag for the multipurpose Daylight tag. 46 damage, with slightly better spread and recoil stats. When firing from the hip, I'm guessing center of mass is the way to go, maybe upper chest. No way you can be consistently accurately aiming for the head while hipfiring and circlestrafing.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Max damage on the AR is 55. I do like that Copperhead muzzel for hip fire builds to get that drat muzzel flash out of the way.

Darn, can't hit the 224 hp sweet spot :(

I've also been loving around with a 70 damage HAR with inferno ammo because it's really funny to hear bitching about inferno ammo.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Artificer posted:

I thought you would want your ADS sensitivity to be lower than your normal sensitivity? Isn't the point of ADSing for slower, more precise aiming?

You would think that but if you run the more open sight scopes being able to quick snap to the next target helps a ton.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

I don't think I can be at 45 with either of those muzzles, so I dropped my +damage tag for the multipurpose Daylight tag. 46 damage, with slightly better spread and recoil stats. When firing from the hip, I'm guessing center of mass is the way to go, maybe upper chest. No way you can be consistently accurately aiming for the head while hipfiring and circlestrafing.

That's actually how I use the TSMG and M4X. I strafe around and try my best to keep my marker over their throat. What do your crosshairs look like?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

That's actually how I use the TSMG and M4X. I strafe around and try my best to keep my marker over their throat. What do your crosshairs look like?

So I SHOULD be aiming for the throat/head, even while circlestrafing, huh? I clearly need to practice more then.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

So I SHOULD be aiming for the throat/head, even while circlestrafing, huh? I clearly need to practice more then.

For your muzzle I should have recommended the Snuff-XS for recoil reduction or the Two-step for spread reduction.

Here is my crosshair setup:

I find it much easier to aim using just a dot. This helped me a ton. This is what it looks like in game:

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 16, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

For your muzzle I should have recommended the Snuff-XS for recoil reduction or the Two-step for spread reduction.

Here is my crosshair setup:

I find it much easier to aim using just a dot. This helped me a ton. This is what it looks like in game:

How did you get the dot? And I've set my crosshairs to the short ticks like you have. I'll give it a shot and try to go for the head and see what happens.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
I've been playing this game for the better part of two weeks, and I don't know that I've played a better free-to-play in a long, long time. For some reason I have such an easy time just hopping in and playing two or three matches and I'm set. I work strange hours, so I figured I'd have a hard time finding someone for a GOON invite, but sure enough, first game I hop on after work at noon has me bump into Cirena! Thanks for the invite!

I've already thrown down for a bit of Zen to show support, built myself a pretty nice AK, and now I need to poopsock my way to all this GP that everyone says they eventually end up with. Gotta collect all the camos and rainbow taunts or whatever.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Well, today's a good day to poopsock some GP since they seemed to have turned the bonus back on. I guess that bonus-GP-before-maintenance thing someone suggested is a Real Thing.

Also welcome to the clan, Lunchboxx. You've already killed me plenty. :v:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

How did you get the dot? And I've set my crosshairs to the short ticks like you have. I'll give it a shot and try to go for the head and see what happens.

You must turn on static crosshairs otherwise it will look like it does in the settings preview and not how my in game screenshot looks.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

You must turn on static crosshairs otherwise it will look like it does in the settings preview and not how my in game screenshot looks.

I see. Thanks.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Well, today's a good day to poopsock some GP since they seemed to have turned the bonus back on. I guess that bonus-GP-before-maintenance thing someone suggested is a Real Thing.

Also welcome to the clan, Lunchboxx. You've already killed me plenty. :v:

I did not get any extra GP and they just announced the maintenance 15 minute warning. Not sure what the gently caress the rules are for that stuff, and it seems to be a real thing because before I would get it. :confused:

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
The GP bonus applies to the time played part. I got it, dunno why you didn't

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Azzanadra posted:

I did not get any extra GP and they just announced the maintenance 15 minute warning. Not sure what the gently caress the rules are for that stuff, and it seems to be a real thing because before I would get it. :confused:
It's not on all servers. It seems to be Pure [Mapname] servers or Pure [Mode] that get it, unfortunately my favourite type (Pure Random) never do. On Tuesday nights I generally switch servers every round until I hit one that has the bonus.

I have no idea why the hell it works that way and there's never been any official announcement in this regard, so I never asked about it on the off-chance it might actually be a beneficial bug (300 GP per match is quite nice).

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

I was playing some pure dom and only getting 150 gp. Then again it might not give it to me because I'm sitting on 20k gp and no idea what to perm next. (Because all my impulse perms are being hijacked by stuff I'm getting in the chance packs.)

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Azzanadra posted:

I was playing some pure dom and only getting 150 gp. Then again it might not give it to me because I'm sitting on 20k gp and no idea what to perm next. (Because all my impulse perms are being hijacked by stuff I'm getting in the chance packs.)

Perm more parts. Make a goal like "own all the barrels" and just start from level 1 and go up. That or blow it all on the 200 GP change packs to get sweet pilot camo for all the GOONS!

E: Sorry to the GOON trying to get my attention earlier today. I was on my lunch break and just trying to get some screenshots for my earlier posts.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

So I'm reading the news for this update and

Zombie Studios posted:

We’ve added 7-day versions of many items, and removed 1-day versions for most items.

Why would they do this? :sigh:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Azzanadra posted:

So I'm reading the news for this update and

Zombie Studios posted:

We’ve added 7-day versions of many items, and removed 1-day versions for most items.

Why would they do this? :sigh:

I am without words.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Any confirmation on what "most items" means?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Zombie Studios posted:

This week, we’re also shifting towards more of a long-term perm and rental model. A number of our items had 1-day versions, but if you wanted to keep it for longer, there wasn’t a 7-day version available. We’ve added 7-day versions of many items, and removed 1-day versions for most items. There are still 1-day versions of boosts, elemental magazines, and elemental gear.

You’ll also notice some price drops, as we’ve standardized prices throughout the store. For a while now, we’ve had different prices for certain receivers at the 7-day tiers than other receivers had. We’ve now set standard prices, and that’s led to some price drops throughout the marketplace.

Source: http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/news/?p=867121

The second news post from today about the HAR: http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/news/?p=867031

Everthing they say about the HAR is completely wrong.

Zombie Studios posted:

Where [the HAR] really shines, though, is in close-range firefights.

:psyboom:

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 16, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

e: I have no idea why I did that.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Yeah, this doesn't make much sense from a good will standpoint. A big draw of this game is the experimentation and the daily rentals were cheap enough that you could rent a whole bunch of things at once and earn back your GP with a few hours play time.

Unless there were some significant price drops on the longer-term rentals, it's just going to make it harder to experiment.

The free receivers are nice, but Gun Barbies is better, dammit.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

The forum note is more clear (blog posts are often inaccurate or flat-out wrong, they are written by some clueless marketing guy or something):

quote:

What's changing?
-We're adding a weekly rotation of a free receiver. During the week, that receiver will be completely free; the next week, a different receiver will be free. During the spotlight week, that receiver will be available for free, or for perm.
-Shifting most items to 3-day, 7-day and perm options. Almost all items are getting 7-day versions added, and their 1-day versions removed.
-We've standardized many prices. This usually resulted in discounts; you can get a sense of what's changed by checking out the marketplace.
Yeah, this sounds pointlessly annoying. "Play 1-2 games, rent an item" was awesome, it let you experiment at almost no cost. 3-day versions, the new minimum, will probably cost about twice as much as the old 1-day versions. I guess they REALLY want you to play this game on weekends.

It's not a tragedy because with the missions providing a shitload of free stuff, plus the new free weekly receivers, earning GP is still going to be significantly faster than it was even just a month ago. But the shift from 1-day to 3-day as the base rental seems like just a sneaky way to raise GP costs, without real benefits that I can see.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 16, 2013

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I like the idea of weekly free receivers, because usually it's hard to afford anything but a premade on the cheap. This way we can get like the HAR and try a few parts for less than before. Although the 3-day change will affect that.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I like the idea of weekly free receivers, because usually it's hard to afford anything but a premade on the cheap. This way we can get like the HAR and try a few parts for less than before. Although the 3-day change will affect that.

I really hope they don't get rid of the 1 days for premades, because that's really the best way to try out each receiver for someone with no money

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

I really hope they don't get rid of the 1 days for premades, because that's really the best way to try out each receiver for someone with no money

Yeah, like today I tried out 3 different premades for a few matches each, just for a first look. That's a great way to get a feel for a weapon for not much of a cost; 3 days would make me feel obligated to stick with a weapon even if I don't like it.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Maintenance is over, and ugh these new prices. Can't try anything out when poo poo costs like 800 GP per part. Even premades are bout 1500 GP.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Holy poo poo, most items are minimum 7 day rentals, and are well over 1k gp each. Good job zombie, this is a hell of a way to drive away new players.

e: they also pumped up the price of 1-day rental magnum ammo. It is now 333gp for a day. Pretty sure it was in the 200s before. Armor appears to have been reduced in price as well. Perming now is only in the 6k neighborhood as opposed to 10k-11k before.

Azzanadra fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 17, 2013

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Azzanadra posted:

e: they also pumped up the price of 1-day rental magnum ammo. It is now 333gp for a day. Pretty sure it was in the 200s before.

It was. I really hope they change this soon, cause I really miss messing around. I barely had enough for renting a bunch of stuff for one day, now I can't rent poo poo.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Unless they backpedal next week (3-day versions or something), I can completely see this new pricing scheme killing the game. And I never said that for any other change made before.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I'm trying to put together a spreadsheet for TTK values, similar to the bullet values table in the OP. Can anyone help me find the damage ranges for each receiver? I am assuming that the max damages in the OP are correct, and that the ROF values in the official wiki are correct. If anyone can help me verify these numbers and find the rest of the damage ranges, that would be great.
So far, it looks like at max damage each receiver only ever takes 1 or zero (CR and BAR) additional bullet to kill at 250 health vs 250. Preliminary results for max damage builds: the BSMG owns, as well as HAR, and AK720 is worse off than I expected, tied at 7th with the AR. TSMG is the worst aside from CR and BAR, so I wonder if the guide in the OP should be updated to reflect that?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Hey everybody that doesn't have a HAR permed, guess what.

Free HARs for everybody! :v:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
It's the weekly weapon. It's free for the week.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

It's the weekly weapon. It's free for the week.
EDIT: Nevermind, confirmed it's not bugged. You can stockpile all the Weekly Weapon Packs you want, but their content will change to reflect the weekly free weapon anyway. So no reason to do so.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 17, 2013

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

drat, fun while the thought lasted, I guess.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Azzanadra posted:

Holy poo poo, most items are minimum 7 day rentals, and are well over 1k gp each. Good job zombie, this is a hell of a way to drive away new players.

Armor appears to have been reduced in price as well. Perming now is only in the 6k neighborhood as opposed to 10k-11k before.

DAMMIT.I just Permed a good armor and leg combo that I'd been eyeballing for weeks. Son of a bitch, it figures that as soon as I get in on it, the price drops.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Well, just learned something, dropping a hardsuit on a hulk in onslaught is an instant kill. Sweet.

Also, having my random game music page open as background led to Serious Sam 3 boss music starting playing almost right as the final round started. :fap:

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
A post from the official forums:

quote:

We have around 23 gear customization options (3 for armor, 5 for gear, 5 for depot items and around 10 for primary and secondary weapons) the prices for 3 of those slots has been lowered by 40% for the other 20 they've been increased 20%.

Overall you need more GP to get all the items you want. 280% more GP to be precise.
Although it looks like the PWE forums admin will bring it up to his bosses? I really hope this gets reverted, because it'll kill the community and ruin my fun on an individual level. I probably rent at least 1 premade per day, often more. And I have very few hours per week when I can play. So 7-day rentals are the most inefficient option for me, aside from monthlies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

So... this is kind of a bitch.

• Locked thread