Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

joelcamefalling posted:

- the new healing brush (lite) is a hundred times better than the old retarded spotting brush which forced you to use twelve circles to clone out a hair. It's still not as good as PS's spot heal brush, but it's good enough to do 80% of what you want. Worth the upgrade just for this, imo.

Didn't an old version of Lightroom have that better healing brush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

woot fatigue posted:

Dude. Like two Wacom tablets and two keyboards hooked up to the same 30" display. Two retouchers enter, only one reigns supreme.
No motherfuck, 2 users connected to the same database (but can still do Two retouchers enter, only one reigns supreme! With virtual copies)

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

woot fatigue posted:

Dude. Like two Wacom tablets and two keyboards hooked up to the same 30" display. Two retouchers enter, only one reigns supreme.

Woot Fatigue vs. William T. Hornaday. Raw image is a shot of Shortbus lying on a $5000 sofa.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Ever just tape a lens backwards inside of a lens adapter?

Try it sometime!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Despair posted:

Ever just tape a lens backwards inside of a lens adapter?

I taped a lens in forwards (but accidentally upside‐down) yesterday. Does that count?

The duck tape took the finish off my adapter. :argh:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Platystemon posted:

I taped a lens in forwards (but accidentally upside‐down) yesterday. Does that count?

The duck tape took the finish off my adapter. :argh:

Shoulda used gaffers tape :ssh:

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

No motherfuck, 2 users connected to the same database (but can still do Two retouchers enter, only one reigns supreme! With virtual copies)

But you can already do that in iPhoto.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Despair posted:

Shoulda used gaffers tape :ssh:

poo poo’s expensive, and I didn’t trust my 135L to it anyway. :colbert:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Platystemon posted:

poo poo’s expensive, and I didn’t trust my 135L to it anyway. :colbert:

If you can't pay $25 for a roll of tape then rule 36.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
This year's Pulitzer prize winners have been announced. (Incidentally, the actual Pulitzer site looks like it's from 1917.)

dpreview posted:

Columbia University has announced the 2013 Pulitzer Prize winners for photography. The prize for Breaking News Photography was awarded to jointly to Rodrigo Abd, Manu Brabo, Narciso Contreras, Khalil Hamra and Muhammed Muheisen of the Associated Press, for their coverage of the conflict in Syria. The winner in the Feature Photography category is Javier Manzano, a freelance photograher, for his 'extraordinary picture' of two Syrian rebel soldiers illuminated by beams of light streaming through bullet holes. The annual awards include a cash prize of US$10,000.

Javier Manzano - October 12, 2012. Aleppo, Syria.

Incidentally, I've also found my new calling in life to be a Leica reviewer.

quote:

It is impossible to explain in words the joy of this "Leica feel". You just have to try the camera out and experience it for yourself.

quote:

Why would someone spend big bucks to buy a top quality camera body and spend a fortune on the finest glass obviously looking for the highest possible image quality and then have the camera configured from the factory AND default to a lesser quality image? Makes absolutely no sense to me. In my opinion, all cameras should default to maximum quality everything. Then, if the user needs to shoot at less quality for whatever reason, the user should be the one to temporarily pick lesser quality settings.

quote:

The large rear screen is great, but the thumb tends to end up in the upper right corner of the screen when holding the camera. The screen corner is sharp, so after a while it causes discomfort in the thumb. Also, you end up with a smudge on the screen.

quote:

To summarize: All I am stating is that using my methodology under real world shooting conditions on a sturdy tripod and using an Epson 9900 for large prints, to my eyes the Leica outperforms the D800E by a good margin.

And then he spends his time in his backyard's real world shooting conditions.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

DanTheFryingPan posted:

This year's Pulitzer prize winners have been announced. (Incidentally, the actual Pulitzer site looks like it's from 1917.)

Javier Manzano - October 12, 2012. Aleppo, Syria.

I love the second comment:

quote:

Bullet holes image is horribly underexposed. Has the guy never heard of photoshop or at least high ISO?

Indeed, what a god drat scrub.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Should've HDR'd it.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
My iPhone takes better pics....pfffft.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If he’d used a real (read “film”) camera, he would have had enough dynamic range to capture the scene properly.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

woot fatigue posted:

But you can already do that in iPhoto.
What how? There's no concurrency control I don't think, so either it doesn't work the way you expect, or it'll blow in your face at some point.

quote:

Note: If a user attempts to open the iPhoto library while in use by another local user, iPhoto will instead display an alert message. This alert will also appear if a local user attempts to use iPhoto from the disk image over a network.
So yeah.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Platystemon posted:

If he’d used a real (read “film”) camera, he would have had enough dynamic range to capture the scene properly.

Okay everyone STOP SHOOTING and stand still while I get a plate ready. I think this is a good moment!

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

What how? There's no concurrency control I don't think, so either it doesn't work the way you expect, or it'll blow in your face at some point.

So yeah.

I've been using iPhoto since beta. I'm pretty sure I'm much better informed of its capabilities than you are from reading some article on the internet.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

woot fatigue posted:

I've been using iPhoto since beta. I'm pretty sure I'm much better informed of its capabilities than you are from reading some article on the internet.

Lol, you use iphoto.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

Lol, you use iphoto.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

Lol, you use iphoto.

Lightroom doesn't run on my iMac G4.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Try ubuntu next time, scrub

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Oh I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all this SWAG.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

woot fatigue posted:

yospos, bitch.

:yosbutt:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Did you pay money for that chair, or steal it from a high school chemistry class?

I think it's neat.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

red19fire posted:

Did you pay money for that chair, or steal it from a high school chemistry class?

I think it's neat.

Eames chair. Ex-gf picked that one up for me at an antiques store. I have a bunch - some I've "acquired" and some I've paid ungodly amounts of money for. These days people tend to have an idea of what they are so they're hard to find and liberate.

Education: http://eamesdesigns.com/catalog/seating/

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

woot fatigue posted:

Oh hey, Mars Cheese Castle

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

Oh hey, Mars Cheese Castle

It's a great place to stock up on snacks before hitting Bong Recreation Area.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

MAX 1954 x 2 @ my pad. http://eamesdesigns.com/catalog-entry/max-1954/

SWAG SWAG SWAG

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

lol have fun in Kenosha

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

woot fatigue posted:

Nice computer chair, where's the adjustable lumbar support?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

woot fatigue posted:

I'm the gallon jug on the bathroom floor.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

fivre posted:

I'm the gallon jug on the bathroom floor.

Piss Jug

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Who keeps their piss jug in the bathroom? Might as well just use the toilet in that case, like an animal.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Way of the rode buddy.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

big scary monsters posted:

Who keeps their piss jug in the bathroom? Might as well just use the toilet in that case, like an animal.

You don't understand. The piss jug needs to be kept away from you, but always in sight, so you know it hasn't been stolen.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

geeves posted:

You don't understand. The piss jug needs to be kept away from you, but always in sight, so you know it hasn't been stolen.

I am now imagining the piss jug doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whitezombi posted:

Way of the rode buddy.

You idiots it's clearly a jug of moonshine so he can sit there and take a dump while pounding back the white lightning.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Giant lens delivered today in preparation for race weekend in Austin.

There's literally nothing I can do with 400mm in my apartment and it's lovely and wet outside, and yet I'm using the drat thing anyways on my dumb cats.

I can't wait to use the thing for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

reverse mount it and shoot macro