Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Haha, I get it. Taira = Tairanosaurusu Rekkusu :anime:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Some dumb idiot posted:

No they're not, There's Three Dog, Gob, Charon and Butch from 3.

So yeah, it is Dogmat and it's probably just people the artist liked.

Also I think it's very nice and I like it a lot. :3:

Those arts are pretty good indeed. Also, isn't the dude on the top right in the fedora Mr. Burke from FO3?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

morcant posted:

Those arts are pretty good indeed. Also, isn't the dude on the top right in the fedora Mr. Burke from FO3?

Yeah, that's Burke.
I didn't say they were bad - except maybe that sparkle dog anime one, I'm still hoping they qualify for strange.
I don't know why but I'm really fond of the NCR one.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

If this is a real game, please tell me where I can play it, and if it's as good as that dating sim where everyone is a bird.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Jamesman posted:

If this is a real game, please tell me where I can play it, and if it's as good as that dating sim where everyone is a bird.

There you go :shrug:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Sometimes, it's very easy for my eyes to glaze over words in a thread dedicated to pictures. :(

Please take this as an apology.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Well, here's this http://imgur.com/a/2i3rH an album of dictators, drawn as anime women.

A small taste from this inexplicably large album

Mao

Saddam

Ceausescu

If you have a favorite dictator from the last hundred years that you've always wanted to see drawn as a woman with huge breasts, they're probably in that album somewhere.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Im not sure what freaks me out more, that this exists or the fact that its the second album of its kind to be posted here.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

If they weren't labeled I'd have no idea who is supposed to represent which dictator.

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

Plutonis posted:

This gave me an idea of looking for japanese Ace Combat fanart yet the search yielded me... Strike Witches? :psyduck:

Also Touhou.

Billy Bishop was Canadian :colbert:

Sorry but that really bugged me

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Jamesman posted:

I really hope this game was meant as a joke, because I found it hilarious. I got the good-ending. :3:

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Is that the main character from Atlantis: The Lost Empire? :catstare:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

morcant posted:

My first guess was "Egon Spengler fuckin' Freddy Mercury at a rave," but you're probably right.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

morcant posted:

It's him and the shady demolitions expert guy who blew up his family's flower shop, yeah.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

It's him and the shady demolitions expert guy who blew up his family's flower shop, yeah.

I'd be surprised that there's fanart of that, as I was convinced for a long time that no one but me watched that movie. Then, again I know of Disneyfan, so I am not surprised at all. (Not that this is anywhere near as horrifying. Daniel Jackson and Flower Guy are just hanging out having a good time.)

fake edit: I think I remembered that his name is actually Milo, I'm right aren't I oh god

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

morcant posted:

I'd be surprised that there's fanart of that, as I was convinced for a long time that no one but me watched that movie. Then, again I know of Disneyfan, so I am not surprised at all. (Not that this is anywhere near as horrifying. Daniel Jackson and Flower Guy are just hanging out having a good time.)

fake edit: I think I remembered that his name is actually Milo, I'm right aren't I oh god

Yeah, its Milo and the other guy's Vincenzo. It looks like he's about to detonate his TnT in that subterranean cavern.
Hey, at least they were faithful to the movie. :suicide:

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

Macasaurus posted:

Well, here's this http://imgur.com/a/2i3rH an album of dictators, drawn as anime women.

If you have a favorite dictator from the last hundred years that you've always wanted to see drawn as a woman with huge breasts, they're probably in that album somewhere.

Holy poo poo, they have Franco and Pol Pot. This is the worst thing.

Also:

I knew that if I searched enough I would find Hetalia based in 19th century Mexican American politics.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

So they watched Brokeback Mountain and all they took from it was "gay cowboys tee hee"?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Stottie Kyek posted:

So they watched Brokeback Mountain and all they took from it was "gay cowboys tee hee"?

To be fair I think if I asked anyone about that movie today they would say, "the one with the gay cowboys."

Pretty sure they'd say the same about Darkwing Duck too. Though it's been a while since I've watched either.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://www.baldurdash.org/journal.html

Are fanfics art? Because I found an extremely long piece of fanfiction about some guy's playthrough of Baldur's Gate, he's detailing every little fight, encounter, spell cast and piece of equipment obtained or sold.

quote:

I then cast Tenser's Transformation to improve my damage and make my THAC0 low that I can hit her with every strike, switch to the more damaging Staff Of Rhynn, and try to keep up with her endless racing around. A couple of hits of Improved Haste from a Ring of Gaxx gives me enough extra attacks that I am able to take her down eventually, for 19,500 experience points.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Call Now posted:

http://www.baldurdash.org/journal.html

Are fanfics art? Because I found an extremely long piece of fanfiction about some guy's playthrough of Baldur's Gate, he's detailing every little fight, encounter, spell cast and piece of equipment obtained or sold.
125,967 words.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Macasaurus posted:

If it makes anyone feel better, I'm pretty sure this is scans of an actual book sold at one of the Japanese Comic-Con equivalents.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I'm extremely disappointed that their version of Saddam wasn't being taken out of the spiderhole.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

The Monkey Man posted:

I'm extremely disappointed that their version of Saddam wasn't being taken out of the spiderhole.

I think that's an entirely different genre.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I calling serious WTF not from the dictator stand point but from a logistics of clothing standpoint the Garter Belts... how what the gently caress her inseam is like a foot below where they are connected I don't loving understand.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

The worst part about the Saddam one is that I actually quite like the way that they designed the girl. I mean garter belts aside, because those are stupid as all hell, she's got a very nice looking haircut, her eyebrows are thicker than standard anime fare, and her eyes are at least somewhat different from most animu art. Just get rid of those garter things and pull the weird gaps in her shirt down and she'd be a neat character in some completely unrelated franchise.

Plus of the lot of them in that series she's probably the least sexualized. :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She wouldn't look out of place in Metal Gear Solid.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The Return of the Weirdest Fanart Thread: Saddam is the least sexualized

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Didn't someone post those in the last thread and share the sad fact that they were published in an actual history bookish type thing? Like an actual thing designed to teach, but with sexy dictators to draw people in?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Didn't someone post those in the last thread and share the sad fact that they were published in an actual history bookish type thing? Like an actual thing designed to teach, but with sexy dictators to draw people in?

Yes and yes. :smith:

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I want a translation, not necessarily of all I just want to know the tone and how they are presented.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I guess this isn't really fanart, as it is the leaked poster for Star Wars 7, but I just want to show everyone!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Gann Jerrod posted:

I guess this isn't really fanart, as it is the leaked poster for Star Wars 7, but I just want to show everyone!

Needs more lens flare.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Gann Jerrod posted:

This is a promo for one of tonight's Parks and Recreation episodes involved a character played by Patton Oswalt filibustering by reading his ideas for Episode 7, which involved Boba Fett crawling out of the Sarlaac, Robo-Chewbaca (look closer at him below the neck), and the Reality Gem linking the Star Wars and Marvel universes. I freaked a bit at the coincidence when I saw it just now, before seeing the EW logo and looking it up.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 08:08 on Apr 19, 2013

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

swamp waste posted:

UHHHHHHHH jesus christ dude. That's eerie. The randomness of the proportions, like the body is just a stack of parts, and the juxtaposition of the faces...

Well, you'll be glad to know that as of today this guy has branched out into copy-pasting stills from the Justice League onto the nude torsos he draws! Happy :nws: viewing!

To be fair, this looks different enough that he might have actually drawn it from scratch rather than just having reused the same body he does for every other picture, but that isn't to say it's not pretty much exactly the same thing conceptually.

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax
That Theban LOTR slash posted a couple pages back was my first exposure to slash fanart on the net.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Then Sadako gave him Smallpox and he died.

:nms:http://i.imgur.com/QOhnMAG.png:nms:
an original my little pony character? That's not so ba-...oh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lord Lambeth posted:

If they weren't labeled I'd have no idea who is supposed to represent which dictator.
You clearly don't know your dictators. :colbert: Seriously though, as much as they're just anime girls that bear no resemblance to their real life counterparts, the clothing is at least a pretty good indicator of who they're supposed to be.* Still weird as hell though.

*Well, as long as you don't go looking for a dictator wearing garter belts.

• Locked thread