Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I just read the new issue of Dardevil: End of Days and there is a great Stern reference in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Jon Stewart mentioned Baba Booey and Howard Stern's penis while goofing on CNN last night.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-april-17-2013/the-most-busted-name-in-news

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

haljordan posted:

I love Artie but I really don't blame anyone who "abandoned" him during one of the countless times he was hooked on drugs, constantly lying to everyone and even attacking people physically. I mean at some point, you have to let people deal with their demons on their own. And it's not like Artie is taking great care of himself even now. This is just an assumption, but I'm betting he got treated wayyyyyyyy better at the Stern Show than any other job on Earth.

Plus it wasn't the first time he did that. Didn't some of his friends at MadTV write him off as well because he was doing crazy stuff like the entire 'Babe' incident?

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Manifest posted:

Wait, in the studio as a secret?
Did one of them talk on air or did Artie say they had been there afterwards?

Apparently there were several people from the Stern staff sitting in last Friday. Artie referenced "my good unnamed friends in studio" at one point, and then later the comedian guest when talking about the roast said "Governales here, why doesn't he write material for him? And Artie said that was supposed to be a secret and quickly changed the subject.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Weird, Artie always treated Sal like poo poo on the air.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That was back when Artie was a celebrity.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Manifest posted:

Weird, Artie always treated Sal like poo poo on the air.

He did this to everyone really

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Boston PD & the FBI are currently taking down the marathon bomb suspects, given the likelihood of overlap between northeast cops & Stern fans, I am anxiously awaiting a "Baba Booey Howard Stern's Penis" on the police scanner when they catch the last one.

http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

Boston PD & the FBI are currently taking down the marathon bomb suspects, given the likelihood of overlap between northeast cops & Stern fans, I am anxiously awaiting a "Baba Booey Howard Stern's Penis" on the police scanner when they catch the last one.

http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/

I'm looking forward to Howard talking about it 5 days late, on Monday.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

The Human Crouton posted:

I'd like to take a moment to talk about this attack, it was a lot like the attack Siris made on my contract and furthermore... oh wait, Bobo is on line 2 with a question about Beth, never mind the Boston thing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

I'd like to take a moment to talk about this attack, it was a lot like the attack Siris made on my contract and furthermore... oh wait, Bobo is on line 2 with a question about Beth, never mind the Boston thing.

Howard's ex-inlaws were from Boston; I wonder if that will come up in the conversation after the Boston University parts.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Nah, he'll have to talk about how exhausted he is, how grueling this travel is for "AGT", etc.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

Nah, he'll have to talk about how exhausted he is, how grueling this travel is for "AGT", etc.

I have a half piece of toast and some fruit before the plane, and then eat a small piece of fish and small side salad with no dressing for lunch, and then I get to the hotel and they have a gift basket with cashews in. So now I have to eat those because they're there. My entire light breakfast and lunch in ruined...

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I have a half piece of toast and some fruit before the plane, and then eat a small piece of fish and small side salad with no dressing for lunch, and then I get to the hotel and they have a gift basket with cashews in. So now I have to eat those because they're there. My entire light breakfast and lunch in ruined...

Then I went down to the pool to try and relax but some couple was there with their kid, who was making all this noise. Can you believe it? I'm trying to relax in a public area near a pool and other people dare to sit within 50 feet of me.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

haljordan posted:

Then I went down to the pool to try and relax but some couple was there with their kid, who was making all this noise. Can you believe it? I'm trying to relax in a public area near a pool and other people dare to sit within 50 feet of me.

I really had to pee, but the only place to go was a public bathroom, and they wouldn't clear it for me, because I can't pee with someone else present. And I was in there and someone was taking a poo poo and it stunk, why would someone do that?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yeah the amount of complaining on the show when someone dares to take a poo poo in a public restroom is beyond me. It's a goddamned bathroom! If you were in there cooking meth or storing spoiled eggs that's a dick move but a toilet isn't just there for piss.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

haljordan posted:

Yeah the amount of complaining on the show when someone dares to take a poo poo in a public restroom is beyond me. It's a goddamned bathroom! If you were in there cooking meth or storing spoiled eggs that's a dick move but a toilet isn't just there for piss.

If you're making GBS threads in a public bathroom, how do you wipe with baby wipes and take a shower to wash your rear end afterwards?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

This is a good Stern show we have going on here today. Does anybody have access to any ugly chicks to ride a sybian to complete this experience?

geera
May 20, 2003

You mean 12 days late, since he confirmed to EtM that he's off again next week for more AGT shooting.

It's cool, he'll have been on the radio a whole 8 days this month by the time it's over.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

geera posted:

You mean 12 days late, since he confirmed to EtM that he's off again next week for more AGT shooting.

It's cool, he'll have been on the radio a whole 8 days this month by the time it's over.

Hey, you could have had him NO days a month! Because doing something incredibly half-assed is way better than not doing it at all.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

If you're making GBS threads in a public bathroom, how do you wipe with baby wipes and take a shower to wash your rear end afterwards?

Well obviously you hop up on the sink and run the faucet through your crack. I thought Ronnie explained it pretty well.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

It took me awhile to figure out the pool was for other people, I just assumed this was my tub in my room. I mean, they make pools for the public now?

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001

geera posted:

You just don't understand how tiring it is to have to work 3 days a week. If those fucks at Sirius would have given him the money he wasn't contractually obligated to receive, it would all be different.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Something bad happened in the country and I just know it caused by one of those evil sand countries I know nothing about and will never go to. America is under attack people! We have to nuke all those dirty foreigners.

Oh wait, turns out it was just some home-grown suburban white kid like usual? Oh well, I hope my hate mongering has better luck next time.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Vakal posted:

Something bad happened in the country and I just know it caused by one of those evil sand countries I know nothing about and will never go to. America is under attack people! We have to nuke all those dirty foreigners.

Oh wait, turns out it was just some home-grown suburban white kid like usual? Oh well, I hope my hate mongering has better luck next time.

look how wrong you are

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

There's no way Howard has ever heard of Chechnya.

Robin and Fred will know, and he'll pretend he does too, but he's got no clue it even exists.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

look how wrong you are

Hah, yeah I posted that when all that was flashing on the news was that they were American citizens.

Either way, at least we will be spared Howard hyperbole for a week while all the details come out.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
"Israel should be allowed to kill all the Palestinians because the Germans tried to kill all the Jews!"

Edit: Oops, wrong thread, although Howard is views of Israel pretty much coincides with this

Wasco Jr. fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 20, 2013

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Ugh. I agree guys, I really do.

now

can someone post some good YouTube links? I was looking for schimmel and his daughters friend/wife but couldn't find it. That or anything else that's good.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

New Celebrity Superfan Roundtable is interested.

Natalie Maines totally calls him out for the three day work week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKtN2QXbcY

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
There is no way that show can be an hour and a half. Who listens to that whole thing? I hardly have time to listen to all of Howard.

Any clue when the part with calling him out starts?

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

There is no way that show can be an hour and a half. Who listens to that whole thing? I hardly have time to listen to all of Howard.

Any clue when the part with calling him out starts?

Go to about 15 minutes 25 seconds.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
So it looks like Crumbs stock is crashing almost as badly as Sirius's did.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Good! gently caress modern cupcakes! There should not be an equal amount (or in some cases MORE) of frosting as cake!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

As a resident of Los Angeles, I cannot go four blocks without running into someones boutique cupcake shop where a single cupcake costs more than a real cake.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Gonna miss the Baba Booey cupcake.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The only cupcakes I've had that were outstanding were the ones from Magnolia Bakery in Manhattan. Crumbs was pretty terrible.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Sister is getting married soon and they decided to do the gourmet cupcake thing in lieu of the traditional cake. Actually think it's pretty cool because the lady running the shop basically said she'd make whatever they could dream up so they're going to have a few dozen cupcakes of 10-15 varieties.

The overall news that the market is crashing isn't shocking, it's just hideously over-saturated at this point, the boutique shops are everywhere. There's like 4 or 5 in the city next to mine and it's only about 100k people big and in the middle of southwest Virginia.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 22, 2013

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Crotch Bat posted:

Sister is getting married soon and they decided to do the gourmet cupcake thing in lieu of the traditional cake. Actually think it's pretty cool because the lady running the shop basically said she'd make whatever they could dream up so they're going to have a few dozen cupcakes of 10-15 varieties.

The overall news that the market is crashing isn't shocking, it's just hideously over-saturated at this point, the boutique shops are everywhere. There's like 4 or 5 in the city next to mine and it's only about 100k people big and in the middle of southwest Virginia.

On a only tangentially related note, I work in catering and I must say the traditional cake cutting event, as well as the glamour of a giant extravagant cake in the room for the entire reception is truly missed on the parties that opt for cupcakes (which are becoming popular).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Advice posted:

On a only tangentially related note, I work in catering and I must say the traditional cake cutting event, as well as the glamour of a giant extravagant cake in the room for the entire reception is truly missed on the parties that opt for cupcakes (which are becoming popular).

As I said that I forgot to mention that they will be having a small traditional cake made for the ceremony and whatnot. I do kinda like having the cupcake thing because honestly, not everyone likes cake and some people pick asinine wedding cakes made of varying things that are guaranteed to not be enjoyed by all. I think with the cupcakes and the variety they'll be presenting that everyone will be able to find something they enjoy.