Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I'm on the last stages of Rohan on Dwarrowdelf and I see another person every once in a while. But when I play my level 20 alt on the same server there's a fair amount of people. I'm sure being first on the list of servers contributes to that, but there's just larger amounts of people in level 30 and below areas since it's free.

edit: Is it worth it to buy the heavy traits for the war-steeds? I have enough TP but I also wanted to buy extra space for my shared storage. I'm pretty satisfied with just the medium traits right now, but I don't really know what I'm missing. I'm a level 84 guardian and have all other heavy armor, so maybe the heavy traits would fit better.

wizardofloneliness fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I'm on the last stages of Rohan on Dwarrowdelf and I see another person every once in a while. But when I play my level 20 alt on the same server there's a fair amount of people. I'm sure being first on the list of servers contributes to that, but there's just larger amounts of people in level 30 and below areas since it's free.

edit: Is it worth it to buy the heavy traits for the war-steeds? I have enough TP but I also wanted to buy extra space for my shared storage. I'm pretty satisfied with just the medium traits right now, but I don't really know what I'm missing. I'm a level 84 guardian and have all other heavy armor, so maybe the heavy traits would fit better.

The heavy war-steed has more armor, but is slower both in speed and DPS. I don't think very many people use heavy. I use a medium war-steed on my heavy-armor wearing Captain and think it works well. My guardian is only 67 so he doesn't have a war-steed yet, so maybe there's some benefits of a heavy war-steed for guardians that I'm not aware of.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My guard uses a light steed because mounted combat is trivial however you slice it and I wanna go fast.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
I use a light warsteed with my captain and it's incredibly fun. You become a shouting machine with the -skill cooldown traits and poo poo out enormous DPS. I take aggro 100% of the time against the raid warband but thanks to your dismounting skills the boss can never catch up to you anyway :getin: Soloing the raid warband is also a breeze.

Only problem is, a fresh light warsteed is very squishy so you might have to be careful with a more melee oriented class until you can learn all the defensive and morale traits. Captain shouts and self heals helped keep my light warsteed alive.

Hysterix
Dec 4, 2011

Interstellar Owl posted:

Logged into creep side on the server I have most of characters on (Landroval) and it was totally barren, is it this way all over? :(

I believe Brandywine has a decent amount of creep-side activity. Brandywine is pretty happening overall, actually.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ruffz posted:

Pretty much that and because they're probably having sluggish login numbers since there's kind of a lull in content at the moment. Anyone that's serious about hitting level 85 got there months ago, and there won't be any new content until Update 11 which is at least a month away.

And since they were generous enough to not fix Erebor T1 dropping 1st age symbols some people got one (or more) and aren't stuck farming seals or going through T2 raids. Some goons managed to get a symbol and a couple of us managed to get 2 before it was fixed and considering how much of a chore even T1 raids were in pubs I can only imagine the clusterfuck of T2s.

The next big update really needs to be about a 50/50 split between adding the next Rohan area and making Trollshaws/Misty Mountains in to zones that aren't so god awful. Right now it's basically:

1-10: Intro/starter area, giant blur of levels so neither good nor bad.
10-15: Hit stuff around places like Bree or the shire(?), still not bad
15-20: Hit the Barrow Downs and Last Inn, goes quickly except for a couple dumb kill collect quests with low drop rates.
20-30: Lone Lands. Also Great Barrow and skirmishes. Lone Lands goes smoothly, Great Barrow is pretty easy if you can find a group, and skirmishes are a breeze solo.
30-40: Evendim, which flows like a pristine mountain stream and is some of the best layout for questing in the game.
40-42: Trollshaws/Misty Mountain or possibly Angmar. Angmar's probably the least awful of the 3 but all 3 are original zones from the game's launch. You will suffer.
43-45: Forochel. A decent zone but not Evendim or Eregion level goodness.
45: Moria Intro for your freebie LIs. Do this. Always do this at 45 stop everything and do this when you hit 45.
45: Seriously, you need to go run the moria intro. You don't have to pay for anything, you just have to be level 45 and the legendary items from it are better than anything you could ever get before level 50 anyways. Once you have them feel free to go back to Forochel or Eregion and resume murdering enemies with a weapon/class item that's leagues better than whatever you were using.
45-48(50-60): Eregion then head in to Moria.

At 55-60 you should try running the Moria instances. Even if there aren't goons your level there's likely to be goons who want deeds from the instances. Downside is that you really won't get much of a challenge if you're running through a level 60 instance with level 85 characters so if you can run it with a 55-60 group try it. All the 6 mans are good. Try to get in to Turtle runs when possible, the tokens from it can be turned in for 1st age legendary items. Just save up for the level 60 items. Some classes can make the 1st age item last a long time. My captain used a level 60 first age emblem until level 85 and the little healing they lost out on was pretty negligible while leveling.

But getting over that hump in the low 40s is the big hurdle. When people (myself included) started/returned to playing Lotro when the Hobbit came out it was noticeable to watch the drop in players from 40 to 50 on the server. This is especially noticeable from selling crafting materials. In the 40s until Moria I probably collected 5-600 Black Ash at minimum and not only did it always sell within hours of going up on the broker, but getting 10-15 gold for a stack of 100 black ash wasn't uncommon. I easily made 100 gold or more just from Black Ash. Ancient Iron sold well enough but Black Ash was probably the highest selling material second only to Westfold since it's both below level cap and a loving chore to level since it lacks the cycle-crafting that was added for Rohan's tier and lets you master it with about 1/5th the materials you'd need otherwise.

ruffz posted:

The heavy war-steed has more armor, but is slower both in speed and DPS. I don't think very many people use heavy. I use a medium war-steed on my heavy-armor wearing Captain and think it works well. My guardian is only 67 so he doesn't have a war-steed yet, so maybe there's some benefits of a heavy war-steed for guardians that I'm not aware of.

Use light steed for a captain. Just run around at max speed kiting everything as you shout it to death from 50m away. The only issue is with warbands like Dal but that's largely due to archers and Lotro's lovely rubberbanding engine that can't handle mounted combat.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The rubberbanding is the reason I can't kill any of the small fellowship warbands or anything tougher.

I haven't tried the light or heavy mounts, but as sassassin said, mounted combat is generally so easy that I can't imagine it will matter much.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

But getting over that hump in the low 40s is the big hurdle. When people (myself included) started/returned to playing Lotro when the Hobbit came out it was noticeable to watch the drop in players from 40 to 50 on the server. This is especially noticeable from selling crafting materials. In the 40s until Moria I probably collected 5-600 Black Ash at minimum and not only did it always sell within hours of going up on the broker, but getting 10-15 gold for a stack of 100 black ash wasn't uncommon. I easily made 100 gold or more just from Black Ash. Ancient Iron sold well enough but Black Ash was probably the highest selling material second only to Westfold since it's both below level cap and a loving chore to level since it lacks the cycle-crafting that was added for Rohan's tier and lets you master it with about 1/5th the materials you'd need otherwise.
Spot on about the Black Ash. Over the last couple months, my main has been buying it on occasion so I can get my Forester alt's Woodworking leveled. Black Ash is almost always more than I want to pay for it, and you just perfectly explained the reason why.

Never skimp on the crafting, especially not the gathering part. Even if you hate crafting in general, you can make a ton of money on mats.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

Evil Fluffy posted:

And since they were generous enough to not fix Erebor T1 dropping 1st age symbols some people got one (or more) and aren't stuck farming seals or going through T2 raids. Some goons managed to get a symbol and a couple of us managed to get 2 before it was fixed and considering how much of a chore even T1 raids were in pubs I can only imagine the clusterfuck of T2s.

The next big update really needs to be about a 50/50 split between adding the next Rohan area and making Trollshaws/Misty Mountains in to zones that aren't so god awful. Right now it's basically:

1-10: Intro/starter area, giant blur of levels so neither good nor bad.
10-15: Hit stuff around places like Bree or the shire(?), still not bad
15-20: Hit the Barrow Downs and Last Inn, goes quickly except for a couple dumb kill collect quests with low drop rates.
20-30: Lone Lands. Also Great Barrow and skirmishes. Lone Lands goes smoothly, Great Barrow is pretty easy if you can find a group, and skirmishes are a breeze solo.
30-40: Evendim, which flows like a pristine mountain stream and is some of the best layout for questing in the game.
40-42: Trollshaws/Misty Mountain or possibly Angmar. Angmar's probably the least awful of the 3 but all 3 are original zones from the game's launch. You will suffer.
43-45: Forochel. A decent zone but not Evendim or Eregion level goodness.
45: Moria Intro for your freebie LIs. Do this. Always do this at 45 stop everything and do this when you hit 45.
45: Seriously, you need to go run the moria intro. You don't have to pay for anything, you just have to be level 45 and the legendary items from it are better than anything you could ever get before level 50 anyways. Once you have them feel free to go back to Forochel or Eregion and resume murdering enemies with a weapon/class item that's leagues better than whatever you were using.
45-48(50-60): Eregion then head in to Moria.

At 55-60 you should try running the Moria instances. Even if there aren't goons your level there's likely to be goons who want deeds from the instances. Downside is that you really won't get much of a challenge if you're running through a level 60 instance with level 85 characters so if you can run it with a 55-60 group try it. All the 6 mans are good. Try to get in to Turtle runs when possible, the tokens from it can be turned in for 1st age legendary items. Just save up for the level 60 items. Some classes can make the 1st age item last a long time. My captain used a level 60 first age emblem until level 85 and the little healing they lost out on was pretty negligible while leveling.

Use light steed for a captain. Just run around at max speed kiting everything as you shout it to death from 50m away. The only issue is with warbands like Dal but that's largely due to archers and Lotro's lovely rubberbanding engine that can't handle mounted combat.

How long does it take exactly? And there's a group/dungeon finder now right?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
No one uses the dungeon/instance/skirmish finder/queue and you can sit in it for over an hour without getting results.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Not entirely true. Premade groups use it because it still works and means they get an extra bit of rewards for completing an instance. :eng101:

Interstellar Owl posted:

How long does it take exactly? And there's a group/dungeon finder now right?

As for the time it takes to level I couldn't say as I never paid attention to it. Captains are slow as hell to level early on though if you're solo. Once they can use Oathbreaker Armaments and call an archer it gets a little better but it's still slow. A class like hunter, rk, or even champ is a good bit faster. Fast leveling isn't the point though, enjoying yourself is. That said, I think my captain got through almost all of Evendim (except for Annuminas quests) in a day but it was a very, very, long day.

Grouping with others is fun too, but you'll trivialize quests that aren't red to you.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Hysterix posted:

I believe Brandywine has a decent amount of creep-side activity. Brandywine is pretty happening overall, actually.

Brandywine was the beta server so everyone pretty much rolled there. The problem with the dungeon finder is that LOTRO is more complicated than wow and it's not cross server.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not entirely true. Premade groups use it because it still works and means they get an extra bit of rewards for completing an instance. :eng101:
I think it's pretty obvious that he was referring to no one forming groups in the Instance Finder. I can't imagine that there's anyone that doesn't use it to actually launch the instance once the fellowship is formed via chat channels.

I'll race ya to Vile Maw!!!

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Unfortunately they've said they don't have any revamps of vanilla content planned this year. Trollshaws and Misty Mountains are gorgeous zones that deserved makeovers years ago but they just haven't got around to it. I think the fact that they haven't made an announcement about West Rohan yet indicates that their dev team is stretched pretty thin already.

I just took advantage of double xp and did 42-45 on my Hunter this morning in about 2 hours with extraordinary experience tomes active. Gonna try to bang out 45-48 tomorrow so I'll be Eregion ready. The early 40s is almost the only slow level range left in the game.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Is it worth it to buy the heavy traits for the war-steeds?

My lore-master rides a heavy war-steed and I haven't died once while I was on it. Dying is what lore-masters do, and I can't even try to die on a heavy war-steed. The armor bonus is well worth it if you have problems staying alive in normal mode.

Save your money. Guardians have enough armor as it is. Go for speed with guardians, which means a light steed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ruffz posted:

I just took advantage of double xp and did 42-45 on my Hunter this morning in about 2 hours with extraordinary experience tomes active. Gonna try to bang out 45-48 tomorrow so I'll be Eregion ready. The early 40s is almost the only slow level range left in the game.

My 44 hunter was running around MM for over an hour with double xp and a +25%xp from combat tome active. Gained a third of a level.

loving Misty Mountains.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is especially noticeable from selling crafting materials. In the 40s until Moria I probably collected 5-600 Black Ash at minimum and not only did it always sell within hours of going up on the broker, but getting 10-15 gold for a stack of 100 black ash wasn't uncommon. I easily made 100 gold or more just from Black Ash. Ancient Iron sold well enough but Black Ash was probably the highest selling material second only to Westfold since it's both below level cap and a loving chore to level since it lacks the cycle-crafting that was added for Rohan's tier and lets you master it with about 1/5th the materials you'd need otherwise.

Those tiers are both xp hungry and use materials found in zones there is no reason to stay around very long. I had to go back to Great River to mine twice to cap Westfold Weaponsmith because 70-74 goes by fast and that's where the skarn ore is found (I skipped Dunland, is that 65?).

Same with master. Levelling from 40 after Evendim is slow but it's still only 5 levels till Moria starts calling.

Supreme on the other hand uses ores found from 45 well into Lothlorien iirc. My guard was mining it for nearly 20 levels. I was giving it away.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

sassassin posted:

My 44 hunter was running around MM for over an hour with double xp and a +25%xp from combat tome active. Gained a third of a level.

loving Misty Mountains.

I was in Forochel and completed about half a dozen quests before I activated my first 100% xp tome, and then turned them in. Gained half a level right off the bat. Then I rushed around and did as many quests as I could before my first xp tome ran out. I saved some of the quests like "kill 20 kalpa-kitas" for in between xp tomes since those quests are time consuming with mobs being pretty spread out in Forochel. Once I was done with about 3 of those quests I activated another tome and kept going. I had a couple "return to pynti-peldot" items that saved time, and had a few mithril coins that I also used to eliminate some of the 5 minute runs back to the quest NPC. I started out barely into level 42 and finished almost halfway through 45 with about 2 hours played.

Misty Mountains is a great zone if you don't mind taking your time and enjoying the scenery. It's pretty poor if you want to powerlevel though. It might actually be worse than Forochel with how spread out the quest hubs are.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

sassassin posted:

Those tiers are both xp hungry and use materials found in zones there is no reason to stay around very long. I had to go back to Great River to mine twice to cap Westfold Weaponsmith because 70-74 goes by fast and that's where the skarn ore is found (I skipped Dunland, is that 65?).

Same with master. Levelling from 40 after Evendim is slow but it's still only 5 levels till Moria starts calling.

Supreme on the other hand uses ores found from 45 well into Lothlorien iirc. My guard was mining it for nearly 20 levels. I was giving it away.

Dunland is all Skarn, and by the time you finish the explore/quest/basic kill deeds in Dunland you'll have a few thousand Skarn. I've gotten to the point of only mining the rich nodes, because I've leveled 6 Prospectors, a Jeweler, an Armourer, and a Weaponsmith through Westfold already, yet I still have several hundred unprocessed Skarn.

Master tier you can find in Forochel (ore/scholar only), most of Eregion, random parts of east Angmar, and about half of the Misty Mountains. It's also where the XP cost for leveling starts getting pretty big, which is why it's no surprise that so many people find it difficult to actually collect enough.

Supreme starts in the south east corner of Eregion, all of Moria, Lothlorien, Mirkwood, and Enedwaith. Eregion and the first half of Moria is the lower level stuff, everything else is the higher quality Supreme. It's another ore/wood type that I only mine the rich nodes of, and even then I don't mine every rich node.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
There's no better feeling crafting-wise than being done with master tier - Moria and later stuff is so trivial in comparison.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SeaTard posted:

Dunland is all Skarn, and by the time you finish the explore/quest/basic kill deeds in Dunland you'll have a few thousand Skarn. I've gotten to the point of only mining the rich nodes, because I've leveled 6 Prospectors, a Jeweler, an Armourer, and a Weaponsmith through Westfold already, yet I still have several hundred unprocessed Skarn.

I guess I just took the wrong route, then. Finished Mirkwood at 65/6, did the start of the vol 3 epic, got a couple levels with skirms & instances, then headed for GR which shot me from 67/8 to 74 in no time at all.

Still took an extra trip around Limlight gorge and a couple bargain stacks on the AH.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Oh no no, this simply will not do!

Hysterix posted:

Brandywine is totally happening. Vilya doesn't seem to empty either though.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Hi guys, I figure I'll mess around in this for a bit at least. I went with the easily-identified Greggie in game.

Great Enoch
Mar 23, 2011

ruffz posted:

I was in Forochel and completed about half a dozen quests before I activated my first 100% xp tome, and then turned them in. Gained half a level right off the bat. Then I rushed around and did as many quests as I could before my first xp tome ran out. I saved some of the quests like "kill 20 kalpa-kitas" for in between xp tomes since those quests are time consuming with mobs being pretty spread out in Forochel. Once I was done with about 3 of those quests I activated another tome and kept going. I had a couple "return to pynti-peldot" items that saved time, and had a few mithril coins that I also used to eliminate some of the 5 minute runs back to the quest NPC. I started out barely into level 42 and finished almost halfway through 45 with about 2 hours played.

Misty Mountains is a great zone if you don't mind taking your time and enjoying the scenery. It's pretty poor if you want to powerlevel though. It might actually be worse than Forochel with how spread out the quest hubs are.

Blew through books 4 and 5 with a stack of mithril coins, the free xp boost from the store, and the riddermark token. Combined with the double xp weekend, I was getting 1000+xp for every white mob kill. It's great if you activate the tome just before running the big instances of book 5. All in all, I managed to burn from level 41 - 45 in just under 5 hours today :psyduck:. The amount of time you save from travelling with mithril coins is obscene.

edit: no sleep

Great Enoch fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 20, 2013

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Imma try this out for a bit, my character is called Eolarra.

Also, are any of the crafting skills obviously more useful than the others or should I just go with whatever I feel like?

edit: invite received

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 20, 2013

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I bought a ton of the cash store points when the game first went free to play when they had some big sales. What are good things to spend that on for leveling a guy up and enjoying the game? I bought riding already and I have a neat goat on all my characters so unless other ones are much faster I think I'm set on that.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 20, 2013

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

TheFluff posted:

Imma try this out for a bit, my character is called Eolarra.

Also, are any of the crafting skills obviously more useful than the others or should I just go with whatever I feel like?

It depends on your class really. Some professions have really awesome synergy with certain classes(Like Metalsmithing does for Guardians).

Is crafting in MMOs something that you actually like, or is it something you feel obligated to do? I ask because someone else is bound to reply with "just go Explorer so you can sell your mats". If you like crafting, ignore them. If you don't really like it, consider their response.

Like I said, some of them are really good paired with certain classes. Most professions see a lull in relevance when quest gear starts getting really good, but are useful later on when you can start crafting Legendary Items for yourself and other players. The two exceptions to that are Scholar and Cooking, which are always very useful(but tough to level early on).

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Looking for some Nazgun who can help Aogien finish the group quests in the Volume II Epilogue, the 6-man and the two 3-mans.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

CobiWann posted:

Looking for some Nazgun who can help Aogien finish the group quests in the Volume II Epilogue, the 6-man and the two 3-mans.

Sure I can power you through any quests...

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Just a reminder, this is a double xp weekend, so it's the perfect time to level an alt or barricade yourself in your Tolkien nerd-bunker and finally get your main to level cap.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

JFC posted:

Just a reminder, this is a double xp weekend, so it's the perfect time to level an alt or barricade yourself in your Tolkien nerd-bunker and finally get your main to level cap.

It would be nice to have more 85s around to run the raid instances...

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Nvm google helped me.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

CobiWann posted:

I need that also on Igot. :)

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012
I got a character to Moria, is it worth investing TP to get that goat mount so I can get around Moria faster?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

AlternatePFG posted:

I got a character to Moria, is it worth investing TP to get that goat mount so I can get around Moria faster?

Usually you'll prepare for Moria by picking up your LI at level 45, and then going to Sarnur (the Thorin's Hall rep dungeon), and wrapping up Kindred with them, to get your goat that way. It lets you level your LI a little via the killing, the quests/kills give a level or two worth of XP, and you get a 62% goat out of it.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
So I'm almost to 20 already because I had the great fortune to start playing during a double XP weekend. I'm reading about this Great Barrow place, should I look to run that immediately once I hit 20 or is it harder than the level requirements imply? I play a captain and have had zero troubles with anything so far, haven't died yet and will probably get the undying title unless I gently caress something up severely during level 19.

How do you find groups for that stuff anyway, just ask in the LFF channel? Are the pubbies okay to run low level instances with?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

AlternatePFG posted:

You can get a goat by the time you finish up quests in dolven view. The goat is that slow version you could buy with the miner faction I think.

TheFluff posted:

How do you find groups for that stuff anyway, just ask in the LFF channel? Are the pubbies okay to run low level instances with?

There's a glff and an instance finder. Problem is the instance finder is server only and there's the support role in addition to the trinity.

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012

SeaTard posted:

Usually you'll prepare for Moria by picking up your LI at level 45, and then going to Sarnur (the Thorin's Hall rep dungeon), and wrapping up Kindred with them, to get your goat that way. It lets you level your LI a little via the killing, the quests/kills give a level or two worth of XP, and you get a 62% goat out of it.

This worked out really well for me. Got my rep up to kindred in no time grinding Sarnur, thanks for the advice. I think the Thorin's Hall goat has more health than the store goat as well. I find it very annoying that a lot of the enemies in Sarnur have immunity to all damage types other than Ancient Dwarf, but I didn't need to go past the first room to get a bunch of First Age Relics.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

TheFluff posted:

So I'm almost to 20 already because I had the great fortune to start playing during a double XP weekend. I'm reading about this Great Barrow place, should I look to run that immediately once I hit 20 or is it harder than the level requirements imply? I play a captain and have had zero troubles with anything so far, haven't died yet and will probably get the undying title unless I gently caress something up severely during level 19.

My new 24 RK needs to get that out of the way as well. Hit up Runika for some green numbers when you're ready to run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

AlternatePFG posted:

This worked out really well for me. Got my rep up to kindred in no time grinding Sarnur, thanks for the advice. I think the Thorin's Hall goat has more health than the store goat as well. I find it very annoying that a lot of the enemies in Sarnur have immunity to all damage types other than Ancient Dwarf, but I didn't need to go past the first room to get a bunch of First Age Relics.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the AD damage type, because I'm so used to just grabbing it as the quest reward.

• Locked thread