Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bleh Maestro posted:

I'm arguing with my friend right now because he thinks the boston/massachusetts lockdown was a martial law declared by Obama.

I keep forgetting what the lockdown was referred to as and who declared it.

"Shelter in place" order requested by the governor and implemented by the various municipalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
where do you think he went the bathrom?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Bleh Maestro posted:

I'm arguing with my friend right now because he thinks the boston/massachusetts lockdown was a martial law declared by Obama.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelter_in_place

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010
Party in Boston!

Scipio Africanus
Dec 4, 2005

Enslave the Elephants!

Chamale posted:

Will the Boston Police Department be able to resume normal policing? A lot of their officers must be beyond exhausted, and I don't see how they can organize standard patrols in the next day or two.

There was a pretty bad flare up of violence between Monday and today, including a shooting just a couple hours ago: http://www.universalhub.com/crime/20130419-homicide-unit-summoned-roslindale.html

BondGamer
Sep 22, 2004
If you don't put in your 2 cents how can you expect change?
So does this mean Comic Con will go on?

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Happy people singing Star Spangled Banner in Facebook video :patriot:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100574005400514

BondGamer posted:

So does this mean Comic Con will go on?

NOAP.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HOTDOG posted:

FLIR!? (Foreward Looking Infra Red) I thought a dude saw him in the backyard and called it in. Maybe they used it to confirm he was in the boat.

They probably used the FLIR to confirm that he was still in the boat.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The people treating him at the hospital are probably loving livid right now.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
The Chief/Commissioner is so tired...has been up for 40 hours.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Chamale posted:

Will the Boston Police Department be able to resume normal policing? A lot of their officers must be beyond exhausted, and I don't see how they can organize standard patrols in the next day or two.

On the radio maybe an hour back they were asking for volunteers who weren't over the amount of hours they're allowed to work to continue onto the next shift.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

evanstheone posted:

Party in Boston!

It's so beautiful :unsmith:

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

electricsugar posted:

What a ride that last thread was.

I laughed, I cried, an old man got gang-raped by a pack of robots...

God I forgot about the robots.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

In his Jorts.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Danica! posted:

"Are you going to seek the death penalty?"

God drat.. Journalism programs need to rethink the poo poo they are teaching if these are the kind of morons they are turning out now.

Every journalism school turns out a hand full of good journalists coupled by some idiots who just want to cover sports and a group of dimwits who are willing to do loving any job someone gives them so they look great in internship roles and move up fast. These tend to be the people who are willing to juggle extremely ridiculous schedules to satisfy their bosses in a shrinking traditional media and thus it makes everyone look bad.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CLAM DOWN posted:

Boston looks like a nice city and I want to visit now :unsmith:
My sister lived in Boston for quite a few years and I can confirm it is a hell of a fun city to visit. For five months out of the year (don't ask about the other 7).

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

electricsugar posted:

Perimeter lobsters, Sgt. Fury, Sgt Feedback, etc....

Oh man what a ride it was

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

The FBI says he got all the Miranda he'll ever want or need and if you disagree, you can talk to them about it.

Hey Twisty since you're talking about babes that reminded me of chicks and did you know that VS from the PI chicken thread you really like is hatching a bunch of baby chickens? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3544925 The thread is here and you can suggest a name! You can go in and watch hatching too but you can't say bad words or they will ban you from chat :(

Thank you! :glomp:

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Can someone explain fuckbots and perimeter lobsters? I missed the 16:00 - 20:00 time period of the 720 page thread. :negative:

Perimeter lobsters comes from "perimeter officers". Last night I was studying for an exam and listening to the scanner at the same time when I misheard "perimeter officers" as "perimeter lobsters" and posted about it here. It's apparently a thing now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Svanja posted:

The Chief/Commissioner is so tired...has been up for 40 hours.

He beat Petey by 4! :v:

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Can someone explain fuckbots and perimeter lobsters? I missed the 16:00 - 20:00 time period of the 720 page thread. :negative:

An elderly man was thought to be holding what appeared to be a detonation device. He was approached by a bomb diffusing robot and the thread had a giggle about a robot undressing an old man.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The people treating him at the hospital are probably loving livid right now.
Well, I hope they still do their job well or they aren't very good doctors.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

electricsugar posted:

Hey now, he wasn't raped he was stripped. By robots. Sex robots.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This thread needs more tactical bears and perimeter lobsters.

Also, sexy robots.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I haven't continuously followed the threads. What the gently caress?!

There was an old man suspected of being strapped with bombs, he was stripped by bomb robots and every cavity inspected, it sounds like. 4 robots to be exact. It never really became entirely clear what happened there, but goons managed to capitalize on the rough details with jokes of sexbots.

And it was glorious.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Bleh Maestro posted:

Tell him I've literally been out all day playing kickball and drinking liquor/listening to the news on the radio. Take that, Obama.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Aurune posted:

"Is it possible he won't make it?"

Dear Reporter, He's in serious condition. Go look it up, don't waste your loving question.
I can only assume like in TV shows, reporters at press conferences are also a bunch of stupid idiots with no shame.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Anus Dei posted:

I missed this thread between 9 this morning and the early evening tonight, was that JTsar twitter account found to be fake? There's a pic there with the "terrorists" license plate but obviously that could be meaningless.

That's the real Twitter, the car is who knows whose---several dudes in the picture---the plate is a gimmick plastic novelty thing not a real plate. Mass plates have max 6 characters.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu
All right, 3 AM here, I've been glued to this thing for about 16 hours, Dumbfuck the Younger is in custody, Petey is presumably finally in dreamland, and the press conference is over. I'm going the gently caress to bed.

That little poo poo better be alive and talking when I get up.

Ninja edit: Did they just imply the footage they have shows White Hat planting the bag? For some reason I'd thought it was Black Hat who was filmed planting it.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

evanstheone posted:

Party in Boston!

Gonna be a huge Boston baby boom at the end of this year.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm sure they would argue that they are asking the questions their viewers want to know the answer to, nothing more.

edit: there appears to be just one reporter with a really shrill voice asking all the worst questions.

The problem is in a situation like this, that kind of decision won't be made with in an hour after catching him.

They have evidence to go through, a case to build... Its just a bad question and they should know better.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

evanstheone posted:

Party in Boston!

Hell yes! :dance:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Chamale posted:

This is nothing. I've been with police and fire in disaster areas for weeks.

Emergency Services are superhuman.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

There was an old man suspected of being strapped with bombs, he was stripped by bomb robots and every cavity inspected, it sounds like. 4 robots to be exact. It never really became entirely clear what happened there, but goons managed to capitalize on the rough details with jokes of sexbots.

And it was glorious.

I personally want to know what happened to Kevin 'In and Out' Brennan. (The only one of the jokes I saw as it happened.)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
We haven't heard from Petey in awhile. Please be asleep boss.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

And it was glorious.

It's not like that happens every day. Gotta make the most of out of it.

The robots did :getin:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

His pants.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Chamale posted:

I kept listening to the scanner after it was over, and they were asking for two guys not out of hours to report in to cover the next shift. Boston can probably get along without cops for the night, given that it'll probably be a massive party.

What's with the British guy hosting CNN right now? Did all the CNN-US anchors pass out from lack of sleep or something?

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009

CPFortest posted:

God I forgot about the robots.

What? I missed this! what happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Dude got triple powerbombed by the Shield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APFdg6xHtF4