Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus
Haha suck it Reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

IntricoInutile posted:

Lots of non-US folk at CNN, especially CNN International.

It's revenge for us outside the US to have endured the inane Larry King for decades.

If the "British guy" is Piers Morgan, take him the gently caress back right now!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

C-Euro posted:

All the partying in the streets reminds me of when Osama was taken out. But this is a little more surreal considering what happened in that very town earlier today.

Also the true cover-up here was making a 700 page thread vanish without a trace :ninja:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=264 ???

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Did reddit ever find those Saudis anyway?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Martin :smith:.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

TubeStank posted:

Well, yeah, no poo poo, but that he's being held under the public safety exemption per the Attorney General is still hosed up.

How is it "hosed up"? You know you are supposed to be aware of your own rights? Being Mirandized is supposed to be a reminder. It's not like nobody knows these rights until the police tell them.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

You have to acknowledge you understand the rights guys..he was loving shot and on a stretcher he wasn't answering poo poo, now just drop it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

MaximumBob posted:

You understand law enforcement doesn't ever need to give you a Miranda warning at all, unless they intend to question you and they later want to use your statements against you? They could probably convict him without him ever saying a word. (though that's not why he wasn't Mirandized)

I am aware of this, yes, but if they are holding him under an exemption then it's pretty clear that they intend to question him.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Dork457 posted:

Obama taking the media and social media to task.

What'd he say about social media? I missed it. Hopefully something along the lines of, "Reddit, you fuckups."

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

...because the guy killed their fellow citizens and caused chaos in their city for days and they have to make him healthier?
They don't "have to make him healthier", they "get to ensure he stands trial for his actions". If he dies his victims will not get the closure that a trial will bring. They're not doing it for him, they're doing it for everyone else.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Oh look he's throwing a bone to Texas

Poor Texas

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

WastedJoker posted:

Bleeding from the face after a shootout is never a good sign.

Not necessarily - shrapnel, glass, broken material get kicked up and flying. Could just be superficial and not a bullet wound.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Did he say Little Richard or am I just drunk?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Callout to the poor folks in West. :3:

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Desperate Character posted:

Obama is actually talking about how the internet hosed up :stare:

Just tuned in. What's this?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Obama mentioning the explosion in Texas and not forgetting them was a nice touch.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Sean_Miller posted:

Did he say Little Richard or am I just drunk?

"Little Martin Richard"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

sticklefifer posted:

Your new Caesar cut is weird, Obama.

Get this man some laurels.

Infinite Might
Mar 14, 2007

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of Bob Dole!
I have to say I can't remember the last time that I've heard Obama sound this tired.

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

jackyl posted:

:stare: I guess I have some reading to do on the other thread.

Be warned this happened in the 3 or 400s. There was just some old guy caught out after the curfew they imposed and he was supposedly "acting suspiciously". So they sent in bomb disposal robots to strip search him, probably as gently caress you for not staying inside. At last count there were 4 robots on him.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Hahaha Obama basically called out Reddit without mentioning them.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

kedo posted:

What'd he say about social media? I missed it. Hopefully something along the lines of, "Reddit, you fuckups."

"we don't jump to conclusions and judge entire groups of people, we have courts and we investigate things fully..."

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:
The thing is, even if he was Mirandized, people would just then be saying "well he was just flashbanged to hell and injured he couldn't have comprehended that".

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

Secret weapon? How thermal imaging helped catch bomb suspect

This is a headline on MSNBC right now. Are you loving kidding me?

:negative:

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008
All internet lawyers just read the wikipedia page for 5th and 6th amendment. I don't see why they would even need to get a confession from him, they have him on video dropping a nail bomb next to a small child.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
while you all fuckers our selebraiting, I'm keeping a watchful eye for Sunil

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

TubeStank posted:

What makes you believe that not issuing a Miranda will make him more likely to give up information? Is he not a US citizen? Are US citizens not entitled to certain rights?

So are you literally retarded because no one is saying this

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

cletepurcel posted:

More like the entire internet

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
This just turned up on my fb feed:

"Just so it's known, Reddit reported this whole story. The networks were just bystanders."

:rolleyes:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Vertical Lime posted:

Oh look he's throwing a bone to Texas

Poor Texas

He didn't mention North Korea.

Kim Jong-un will be mad!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cletepurcel posted:

Hahaha, what did he say, I had to go to the bathroom and missed part of it.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Infinite Might posted:

I have to say I can't remember the last time that I've heard Obama sound this tired.

I bet he's been up this entire time like poor Petey. OBAMA, GO TO BED.

Horky
Oct 27, 2004

toby posted:

This is stupid. It's great to feel relieved that the immediate danger is over, but people got blown up and more people got shot and an entire city was locked down for a full day. I think a little more respect or somberness or something might be in order, myself, and less wooting and flag-waving.

Never been to an Irish funeral?

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Any updates on his condition, or should I just shut up and wait like everyone else?

I want this guy to live a long and healthy life in SuperMax.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Miranda derail is worst derail.

And agree with everyone about the exhilaration of relief. gently caress, I was a town over, and just hearing gunfire, endless sirens, choppers overhead, police vans racing down the street, :ohdear:

I realize that for a lot of the world that's an ordinary Friday, I get that, but it loving sucks.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 20, 2013

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

while you all fuckers our selebraiting, I'm keeping a watchful eye for Sunil

Everyone knows that he is the real mastermind behind this.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hahahaha MSNBC lady getting drowned out

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Everyone is just shouting on the MSNBC stream in joy :3:

And then an ambulance just streams pasts :holy:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

causticBeet posted:

So are you literally retarded because no one is saying this

I think he actually believes you don't have your rights until someone tells you you have them. That's the only thing I can guess, and its embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

I remember pretty clearly that the same internet detective sleuthing was going on in the previous thread, including posting facebook profiles of "suspects".

Yes, reddit is still a shithole.

• Locked thread