Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Who/when was the last person to be sentenced to death by the federal government? (in court, drones/seals don't count)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

That's not him, that's an innocent bystander.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Judakel posted:

Don't even try to argue it is justified, child.

Hahah, what the gently caress is this.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

karl fungus posted:

Here's a better image of the guy on the ground.

Every time I see this picture, I can't help but realize: this is probably the first and only time I will ever see a terrorist's boxers. Me, and all the rest of the world.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That video is not of either of the two brothers. That's just some poor schmuck

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

fknlo posted:

Why give him the easy way out. Life in prison without parole. 70 years of sitting in a tiny room for 23 hours a day with no human contact.

While I would like to see him spend a loooong time in prison, I wish it was in a more humane setting.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Judakel posted:

You don't know what this is.

It's a type of shellfish, duh.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

ethanol posted:

Who/when was the last person to be sentenced to death by the federal government (in court, drones/seals don't count)?

Timothy McVeigh maybe

BillNyeTheNaziSpy
May 28, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

karl fungus posted:

Here's a better image of the guy on the ground.

Nice tummy thats for sure :stare:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Solvency posted:

That's not him, that's an innocent bystander.

Yeah - that guy cooperated and was released. His friend was in the crowd with media and also said they were walking home from work when the cops surrounded him for having a similar description to a suspect.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Wildlife Analysis posted:

While I would like to see him spend a loooong time in prison, I wish it was in a more humane setting.

I hope he has a bad time and is poorly treated and he cries a lot

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Gibbons posted:

If they used tear gas on him that would probably contribute to how bad he looks in those pics.

When it was all going down in the final act on the scanner it sounded like they threw two flashbangs into the boat with him. I imagine those going off right next to you would cause your nose and ears to bleed pretty bad.

Derringer
Mar 17, 2008

Yeah, The Smoking gun has an image of the dead brother, and it's pretty terrible.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

fknlo posted:

Why give him the easy way out. Life in prison without parole. 70 years of sitting in a tiny room for 23 hours a day with no human contact.

Bradley Manning #2!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Crackpipe posted:

Busy being acutely aware of how Washington was in no mood for any of his poo poo and mortified that someone might infer the Marathon bombings were connected to his crazy threats.

Probably a little smug when they happened, then suddenly going "ohshit ohshit ohshit don't trace back to me" when the third victim was revealed as being a Chinese national.

Would have been the worst case scenario for him for a Korean terrorists to kill two Americans and a Chinese girl.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

diddy kongs feet posted:

I was actually going to draw the same parallel until someone beat me to it. I spent my time at a funeral last week guzzling stout and betting on dogs, it was a celebration of someone's life and felt a lot better than somber mourning.

Then again we just had a thread about partying in the streets to celebrate the death of an old woman so who the gently caress knows.

At my dad's funeral everyone just told funny stories about him, the crazy poo poo he got into as a kid, and generally just good times. Then everyone got hammered and continued doing the same.

Most of the time celebrating for events like these are just the best way to move on and rise above the tragedies. Nobody is forgetting Martin and the rest of the victims, they're just celebrating that there won't be more.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

vaginal culture posted:

I hope he has a bad time and is poorly treated and he cries a lot

This unironically

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

I do too. I just don't understand why people cream over the death penalty when there are much worse options.

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

univbee posted:

Just to clarify, Miranda isn't a must for an arrest; it's a must for questioning someone without having the results of the questioning thrown out at trial. If they don't intend to question him at this time then Miranda isn't necessary (I'm assuming they have a hilarious mountain of evidence against him as-is).

Regarding this:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/next-for-bombing-suspect-high-value-detainee-interrogation-group/

ABC News posted:

Now that authorities have captured Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old believed to be the second suspect in the bombings at the Boston Marathon on Monday, federal law enforcement officials are invoking the public safety exception regarding his Miranda rights, a senior Justice Department official told ABC News.
The exception, according to the FBI‘s website, “permits law enforcement to engage in a limited and focused unwarned interrogation and allows the government to introduce the statement as direct evidence.”
“Police officers confronting situations that create a danger to themselves or others may ask questions designed to neutralize the threat without first providing a warning of rights,” according to the FBI.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

I really, REALLY need to find new friends.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
There's a Facebook group advocating for a parade for "First Responders". Am I alone finding this messed up? I can't believe it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sort of like the humane way he treated his victims, right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

fknlo posted:

I do too. I just don't understand why people cream over the death penalty when there are much worse options.

Seriously. After reading about ADX Florence I'd prefer they shoot me out back by the chemical sheds than send me there.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Seriously? How loving stupid can one person actually be?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Per Pete Williams of NBC the Obama administration is looking to try him in civilian court.

BillNyeTheNaziSpy
May 28, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Super Deuce posted:

There's a Facebook group advocating for a parade for "First Responders". Am I alone finding this messed up? I can't believe it.

This is not an OK thing.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well, I learned something new today.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

For you morbid folks, here's the post-mortem of the older brother:

:nws: :nms:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/tamerlan-tsarnaev-post-mortem-photo-478612

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

ethanol posted:

Who/when was the last person to be sentenced to death by the federal government? (in court, drones/seals don't count)

2003. Louis Jones, Jr. for the rape and murder of Pvt. Tracie McBride (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_by_the_United_States_federal_government)

Fuck This Puzzle
Mar 22, 2013

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

Super Deuce posted:

It'd make more sense than for athletes.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The prison system is completely hosed, you can punish someone (by removing them from the world, forever) without torturing them

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Super Deuce posted:

Seems like people are justifiably proud of their police and firemen etc? Well I guess maybe some of them are jocks or republicans/theists.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

We weaken their cause by treating their violence with compassion and peace.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

fknlo posted:

:bahgawd: I DON'T WANNA PAY TAXES SO A TURRURIST CAN HAVE 3 MEALS A DAY AND A BED :bahgawd:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

This doesn't matter, I am sorry.

fknlo posted:

Because they like to waste money and accomplish nothing. If this kid spends the rest of his life in jail, maybe he will learn why what he did was terrible.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

Omnicarus posted:

Seriously. After reading about ADX Florence I'd prefer they shoot me out back by the chemical sheds than send me there.

ADX Florence isn't that bad. They do have a general population that they try to integrate people into, when possible. For instance, I believe the Unabomber is in gen pop. Too much time alone isn't good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope he gets beat up :twisted:

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

Muffinpox posted:

We don't have a death penalty in MA.

Federal Capital Crime > MA.

BillNyeTheNaziSpy posted:

Nice tummy thats for sure :stare:

He really does have some waterboard abs.

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

ethanol posted:

Azibo Aquart got it last year for "a triple murder of multiple alleged rivals in the drug business by leaders of a Jamaican drug gang."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Don't be a loving moron.

• Locked thread