Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

T. Finninho posted:

I'm being hostile because this poo poo literally just went down. You are demanding something that couldn't possibly be fully invesigated yet

I thought we already had like twitter accounts, youtube accounts etc. which might have shed some light on this, I was confused is all? You think you have a monopoly on caring about this poo poo? I have family in Boston too, so gently caress off with the attitude, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

ClemenSalad posted:

It won't matter. Even if it was 100% his brothers plan and he held a gun to his head the entire time (these are highly unlikely to be the case), he is still legally culpable because you cannot legally kill others to save your own life.

Or so you thought, until this guy walks due to the innovative and highly controversial Checholm Syndrome defense.

rjryan3
Oct 10, 2012

T. Finninho posted:

And who the gently caress doesn't cheer that this dude is apprehended? Go gently caress yourself please

Toby did.

toby posted:

This is stupid. It's great to feel relieved that the immediate danger is over, but people got blown up and more people got shot and an entire city was locked down for a full day. I think a little more respect or somberness or something might be in order, myself, and less wooting and flag-waving.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can't tell if he's just doing this to try and be cool or if he legitimately unlocked this gate with his butt.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 20, 2013

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sockser posted:

I stopped following the thread around 3EST, did Petey ever go to sleep?

He's currently in Slumberland. :)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

This is great. Just needs a few perimeter lobsters and maybe sergeants Feedback and Fury.

And Kevin "In-And-Out" Brennan.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Young Freud posted:

The dudebro was not only smiling when he dropped a backpack full of gunpowder behind an 8-year old boy, but winked at one of his future victims when he did it.

That's not the reaction of someone who has been coerced into his actions.

This didn't happen. Can people stop with the disinformation?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hell yes! I missed this press conference so thank you for linking it. Any one have the one the police did?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

T. Finninho posted:

And who the gently caress doesn't cheer that this dude is apprehended? Go gently caress yourself please

Seriously, I think we managed to find a shittier poster than "Reporters just doing their jobs" guy.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Super Deuce posted:

Being obtuse is thinking that cheering for a criminal being apprehended or killed is a good thing.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

gently caress these munchkins, don't they know that they have to be sombre over the death of a vile foe? :(

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hahaha funny as gently caress

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mcsquared posted:

I thought we already had like twitter accounts, youtube accounts etc. which might have shed some light on this, I was confused is all? You think you have a monopoly on caring about this poo poo? I have family in Boston too, so gently caress off with the attitude, god drat.

It is my experience on these forums that calling out mods for attitude with attitude is generally a bad idea

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Can't believe the people in this thread that can't understand why the people of Boston are celebrating right now. First of all, it's a goddamn Friday night in Boston, what do you think is going to happen? Secondly these folks have been in a state of fear this whole week, and have been pretty much unable to outside at all today, let them get out and exercise and have some fun. Why wouldn't you cheer for this? Don't answer that, I don't want to hear your dumb rear end answers.

Boston folks, I hope you have an awesome night.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

rjryan3 posted:

Toby did.

Here's the thing, toby and I don't have to agree just because we are both mods. And he also doesn't roll around on the floor if I say "go gently caress yourself". It's shocking poo poo I know.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The same groaning mass that mistakenly sullied a missing students name, spent HOURS reading into his family's heartfelt postings and pleadings for him to return home, actively grasping at straws to connect dots that weren't there, now turns it's wise eye to the citizens of Boston.

Shame, shame, shame. Shame on you for being happy this ordeal is over.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

rjryan3 posted:

Toby did.

I don't agree with Toby's sentiment but no reason to call him out repeatedly. Others have expressed the same view. I just don't agree with it as the relief I feel is monumental and I've been on the verge of exhausted tears for about an hour.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think some celebration is in order myself; what dismays me (and which I haven't seen here much) is the people who are going past 'I hope they throw that gently caress in supermax/the chair' into 'he should be immediately tortured to death.'

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Did anybody else just see MSNBC's spooky ambulance silhouette that almost certainly wasn't the suspect because gently caress that was funny.

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

vaginal culture posted:

Yeah the community should see a more nuanced view of the 2 chechen dudes who blew up an 8 year old boy with home made bombs.

I lived in Northern Ireland for 8 years during the troubles. I really found it easier to process the people I knew who died because it wasn't "random", it was a cowardly war. At least I had an answer to the question "why?"

Suntory BOSS
Apr 17, 2006

Young Freud posted:

The dudebro was not only smiling when he dropped a backpack full of gunpowder behind an 8-year old boy, but winked at one of his future victims when he did it.

What the gently caress? Source link please, I can't believe somebody could be that sociopathic...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

mcsquared posted:

Actually, why don't you go gently caress yourself.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

ReidRansom posted:

This is great. Just needs a few perimeter lobsters and maybe sergeants Feedback and Fury.

Needs batteries too.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Suntory BOSS posted:

What the gently caress? Source link please, I can't believe somebody could be that sociopathic...

There is no source because it is bullshit.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mcsquared posted:

I lived in Northern Ireland for 8 years during the troubles. I really found it easier to process the people I knew who died because it wasn't "random", it was a cowardly war. At least I had an answer to the question "why?"

You didn't watch the video I told you to watch, I know because you keep posting and the video is 5 minutes long.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

D C posted:

Needs batteries too.

Open mic.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Boston is the hardest drinking town in the country. We honestly have no idea what else to do.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Huh. I guess he surrendered?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ethanol posted:

You didn't watch the video I told you to watch, I know because you keep posting and the video is 5 minutes long.

I'm watching it and if you had the police conference video I'd watch that too! Yes that's a request to any one in this thread.

Visteri
Apr 2, 2011

Young Freud posted:

That's not the reaction of someone who has been coerced into his actions.
His brother is the one who looked at Jeff. Don't think it was mentioned anywhere that he winked, but he was wearing sunglasses anyway.

People say that Dzhokhar was smiling in that picture, but it's really hard to tell. It's blurry as gently caress.

Suntory BOSS
Apr 17, 2006

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Fair enough-I thought it sounded a little too cartoon-villainy for real life.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

OatmealRaisin posted:

I imagine he realized that he was dying.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Young Freud posted:

And Kevin "In-And-Out" Brennan.

That's "In-And-Out Real Quick" :mad:

Also, yes. Definitely needs him.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Wildlife Analysis posted:

I think it's embroidery of testimony by Exposed Shinbones And Flopping Femoral Arteries Guy

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

OatmealRaisin posted:

If he hadn't surrendered he'd be dead. Make no mistake, they were prepared to kill him if he showed even an ounce of further resistance.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

mcsquared posted:

That's not interesting to me

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
lol let's all calm down yeah, maybe I contributed to the tone but honestly I'm quite happy he was captured ALIVE and will stand trial for his crimes, and I don't apologize for not joining in with the pearl clutching going on for this piece of poo poo

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Just wanted to say thanks for that mods for banning that one guy constantly making GBS threads up the thread.

So I missed the part of the day that involved an old dude and some EOD robots. Can someone give me some context?

Page 445 or so of the last thread is where the robosexualism begins.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Visteri posted:

His brother is the one who looked at Jeff. Don't think it was mentioned anywhere that he winked, but he was wearing sunglasses anyway.

People say that Dzhokhar was smiling in that picture, but it's really hard to tell. It's blurry as gently caress.

Sorry guy. What actually happened is that Dzhokar winked, with a huge smile on his face, and did finger guns at his victims before moonwalking out of there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Volume posted:

I'm watching it and if you had the police conference video I'd watch that too! Yes that's a request to any one in this thread.

Sorry, I can't seem to find that one. I listened to it on the radio and it was pretty touching. But the reporters could go gently caress themselves.

• Locked thread