Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BuhamutZeo posted:

Uuuuh, more like...

"Hey man, wanna freak some people out? This bag'll go up with fuckin' ill fireworks in the middle of the marathon. It'll be sweet, bro!"

"Hey, HEY! Chill man, they don't know who we are, we're just a couple of faces in a crowd. Those stupid pigs'll never put it together. And don't you bring up that stupid giving up poo poo from earlier again. You stayin' with ME from now on!"

"gently caress- gently caress! Here they come, get ready! ... ... SHOOT! SHOOT! *bangbangbang* We need a ride- stop that fucka in the SUV! Right, now we gotta get back and get the rest. YES the rest!"

"Get the poo poo out of the closet. Yes I loving have more, don't ask me poo poo, we gotta go NOW. Here, keep this with you and you be sure to not let those pigs take you in alive. We do this TOGETHER! Nobody gonna take us apart!"

And from reports, it was the big brother throwing the bombs from the car, right?

I could kinda believe all this to be true. :smith:

And this poo poo with the boat? Man if I ran over my own brother I'd probably be crying in a boat shooting at the nearest thing to grab my attention too.

My dialogue is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable and the fact that you just made one of your own and think it may be true is loving funny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Please show me evidence of premeditated intent and his level of involvement for each. The most I am aware of is:
He physically dropped of the bag
He was present when the MIT Officer was murdered
He was present at the car jacking
He fired rounds at the police
He ran over his brother
He eluded police.

If you or anyone has more info, let me know.

I am pretty sure these are all very serious crimes whether he premeditated them or not

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

beejay posted:

No I do not have evidence. I'm not in the FBI or a federal or state prosecutor, sorry for any confusion.

Then there is reasonable doubt and it is too early to pass judgement.

Darth123123 posted:

That's semantics, but has any evidence been found that showed he was "roped" into this, outside of twitter and this thread?

Honestly there isn't anything to suggest that the 19 year old kid wasn't gung ho on this before his older brother honestly. There is only conjecture and hearsay at the moment. Its possible the kid had nothing to do with this, was brain washed into doing this, or even played an active role as the mastermind.

Its why I'm asking if anyone has anything at the moment as the evidence is pretty sparse.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

DongsMcMurphy posted:

One thing you should note though is that it's really, really easy to hide your emotional state if you're just typing.

He apparently went to a party that night and acted completely normal, though.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

bonestructure posted:

The car was located and the friends really were arrested (I thought that was a joke earlier.) It reads Terrorista #1. (Sorry for linking to the Daily Mail, they're the only ones I found with clear photos.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312123/Boston-latest-Terrorista-1-license-plate-friends-Boston-bomber-arrested-female.html

Okay, yeah, whoever owns that is a dumbass, regardless of whether they later turn out to know an actual terrorist or not.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

ethanol posted:

My dialogue is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable and the fact that you just made one of your own and think it may be true is loving funny as hell.

Yeah, and I gave a version somewhat less ridiculous and more believable. :v:

ethanol posted:

Less ridiculous and more believable. ahahahahahahah

Are you ok?

BuhamutZeo fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 20, 2013

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Then there is reasonable doubt and it is too early to pass judgement.

Honestly there isn't anything to suggest that the 19 year old kid wasn't gung ho on this before his older brother honestly. There is only conjecture and hearsay at the moment. Its possible the kid had nothing to do with this, was brain washed into doing this, or even played an active role as the mastermind.

Its why I'm asking if anyone has anything at the moment as the evidence is pretty sparse.

But... nobody is passing judgment. You are acting like all this poo poo needs to be proven right now and this guy is going to somehow walk. I'm trying to tell you that even based on what we know so far he is hosed. Additionally, it takes a long, long time to build a case and evidence. They aren't going to report on it the day after this all went down, and probably most of the evidence will not be known until the trial. Calm down.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BuhamutZeo posted:

Yeah, and I gave a version somewhat less ridiculous and more believable. :v:

Less ridiculous and more believable. ahahahahahahah

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Many people around the world hate America and will immediately say all of this is fake because America are the bad guy empire or something. Many people will post about how they want Americans to gently caress off, on facebook, from their call center job for an American multi-national while drinking Coke. They are blind as to why that is ridiculous. I guess what I'm saying is what everybody knows, conspiracy theorists are dumb.

myron cope posted:

Of course it will give the :tinfoil: crowd plenty of time to come up with theories

Has anyone linked the Harlem Shake to this yet?

The song says "terroristas" after all, I can't believe some :tinfoil: people haven't yet called it propaganda or viral mind control or something.

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus
TERRORRISTA #1 looks like it could be a goon gangtag, actually.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

bonestructure posted:

There's also this, tweeted about a month before the bombings. He's third (fourth? can't tell if that's another person behind) from the right. Full-size the photo and check out the vanity plate on the car on the left.

Wildlife Analysis posted:

I am really doubtful that the plate says "Terrorists #1". Nobody is that stupid and someone was bound to notice or say something.

http://www.nydailynews.com/2-pals-accused-boston-bomber-custody-article-1.1323004

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BuhamutZeo posted:

Are you ok?

I will be after I stop laughing at you

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

I know. I acknowledged that story in my subsequent post.

e: I also thought that was in relation to Dzhokhar. I thought they were indicating that it was his car.

Aves Maria! fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 20, 2013

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

bonestructure posted:

The car was located and the friends really were arrested (I thought that was a joke earlier.) It reads Terrorista #1. (Sorry for linking to the Daily Mail, they're the only ones I found with clear photos.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312123/Boston-latest-Terrorista-1-license-plate-friends-Boston-bomber-arrested-female.html

I called Dias getting arrested/maybe being an accomplice, I'm so cool. He changed his profile picture on the Russian social networking site to a picture of him and Dzhokhar on the day of the police chase.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
A friend of the younger brother CNN interviewed during the manhunt said that he'd said in the past that terrorism is justified for sending a message.

Not that teens don't always say dumb poo poo, though it does jive with the impression of his brother being the big believer and the younger brother going along with it. Not to say that he was innocent or manipulated, just in regards to being indoctrinated or as hardcore into his brother's cause.

I think rereading these threads in a few years is going to be an amazing example of confirmation bias, my own bullshit included.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

ethanol posted:

I will be after I stop laughing at you

What's funny about this?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Actually, my favorite part is that it appears to have been officially licensed by UMass-Dartmouth.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
At some point he probably was a decent and kind kid who would find this kind of act reprehensible.

...people change though, and he seems easily manipulated considering he's a truther. We don't know who shot the policeman either. It might be the older brother, it might be the younger one. The only people who might have some idea of his reluctance about the whole thing is himself, and the hostage. I doubt it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

In case I wasn't making myself clear, I'm stating that without all the evidence we don't know what exactly happened. I'm not saying the kid should walk either. The punishment should fit the involvement of the crime. Before people start wishing for the kids head and stating his smile during the bomb drop of is "chilling", we should wait until there is enough evidence to paint some sort of narrative.

My hope was, honestly, that my story was completely impossible due to some sort of evidence (social media or otherwise) that I didn't know about that everyone in this thread did. Otherwise I just get a gut wrenching feeling worrying that this could have all been done with an unwilling accomplice :(

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Wildlife Analysis posted:

We have no idea if this was his actual motivation. The fact that he is a Chechen Muslim does not make him "hate America" or any other such crap. The fact that you seem to speak Russian and have a Russian username makes me less than willing to invest much in your opinion.

So you don't assume that Chechens hate America but you do assume that all Russians hate Chechens?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I love the "gently caress off you loving fucks" bumper sticker. The friends seem like dumbasses, probably why the got hauled in so soon after.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ravel posted:

At some point he probably was a decent and kind kid who would find this kind of act reprehensible.

...people change though, and he seems easily manipulated considering he's a truther. We don't know who shot the policeman either. It might be the older brother, it might be the younger one. The only people who might have some idea of his reluctance about the whole thing is himself, and the hostage. I doubt it.
When I think of him I think of the guy who wrote the Anarchist's Cookbook, maybe they are divorced from reality and don't really think about how the things like they described actually hurt people. He just went one step further.

edit: and the cookbook guy stepped back from the edge and renounced his earlier work.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 20, 2013

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

OctaviusBeaver posted:

So you don't assume that Chechens hate America but you do assume that all Russians hate Chechens?

No, I assume he is unreliable because he seems to be Russian and jumped to the "maybe he just hates Americans" crap. The context of the situation makes me doubt his reliability.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Ravel posted:

The MIT cop car would have a camera on it, wouldn't it? Or is that just for highway traffic cops?

poo poo, some of those campus cops might just use golf carts.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Samurai Sanders posted:

I assume that psychologists and stuff are skilled at figuring out how earlier events in his life led to the things he did based on what he says, it's not a matter of trusting him or not.

Not really. At best - assuming he's genuinely interested in telling his story and isn't just loving with them for his own amusement - they can get a good idea of what he believes led him to this place. There's an enormous body of research in the fields of forensic psychiatry and psychology, but much of it falls into the "that's interesting, but is it actually meaningful" category.

We want explanations which otherise those who commit atrocities and which reassure us that monsters exist and we can potentially identify them before they cause any harm. We want explanations which make some kind of sense to us - money, revenge, jealousy - not "I don't like Mondays".

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Wait. Hold it. Who's a truther? Dzhokhar?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

the kawaiiest posted:

Yeah, he is a 9/11 truther according to one of his tweets.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

In case I wasn't making myself clear, I'm stating that without all the evidence we don't know what exactly happened. I'm not saying the kid should walk either. The punishment should fit the involvement of the crime. Before people start wishing for the kids head and stating his smile during the bomb drop of is "chilling", we should wait until there is enough evidence to paint some sort of narrative.

My hope was, honestly, that my story was completely impossible due to some sort of evidence (social media or otherwise) that I didn't know about that everyone in this thread did. Otherwise I just get a gut wrenching feeling worrying that this could have all been done with an unwilling accomplice :(

The evidence will come from their home and actions and other things turned up by people who do this stuff for a living. It will not come from twitter or their friends saying they were good guys or whatever. He will get a trial and the chance to prove his side of the story if he so wishes. Everything will be ok.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I honestly can't believe that a "TERRORISTA #1" vanity plate is part of this unfolding story

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus

the kawaiiest posted:

Yeah, said it on his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/J_tsar/status/242103953670672384

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

yook posted:

The MIT cop car would have a camera on it, wouldn't it? Or is that just for highway traffic cops?

poo poo, some of those campus cops might just use golf carts.

Campus police at universities (especially with all the school shootings and prevalent drugs) are almost always fully armed and fully funded police departments. They are not mall cops. The university I went to (vermont) had the highest paid police force in the state. So yes, there is probably a dash cam, but it only points forward and likely doesn't show the shooting.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 20, 2013

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Entire Universe posted:

Did he have any rounds in any weapons he was captured with?

There's a video of him firing at officers in Watertown shortly before he was captured, so if he was going to off himself, he easily could have.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

beejay posted:

The evidence will come from their home and actions and other things turned up by people who do this stuff for a living. It will not come from twitter or their friends saying they were good guys or whatever. Everything will be ok.

Hopefully so. It would be much easier knowing he was just a monster who should rot in jail than an impressionable kid who looked up to the wrong older brother.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Oh.

Welp.

e: I can't believe he went to the gym and to a party after the bombings. I mean I've read the article but just... I just can't believe it.

Grouchy Smurf
Mar 12, 2012

"Interesting Quote"
-Interesting guy

ethanol posted:

but it only points forward and likely doesn't show the shooting.

And even if it does, it is to be used as evidence and not to released on FoxNews so we can have another trail by media.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Hopefully so. It would be much easier knowing he was just a monster who should rot in jail than an impressionable kid who looked up to the wrong older brother.

Thats nice that you wish that but for godsakes you all are torturing and stretching and assuming for any possible way he was coerced or less accountable. Its disgusting.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

Lord Wexia posted:

Mass RMV (we are too good for your DMV) does require 2 plates. Who knows how he managed to get that one approved.

I thought it was if you had the old (green) plates you only needed one, but if you switched to the newer (red, white, spirit of america) plates, you had to have two?

idk that's what a bunch of my friends in college who were into modding their cars did to keep their fronts free of plates.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Before people start wishing for the kids head and stating his smile during the bomb drop of is "chilling", we should wait until there is enough evidence to paint some sort of narrative.

...I just get a gut wrenching feeling worrying that this could have all been done with an unwilling accomplice :(

What I'm reading from your posts is basically

"Guys let's wait for evidence before we have feelings or speculate about what actually happened. By the way I'm sad that he may have been manipulated into helping his brother. :("

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

ClemenSalad posted:

Thats nice that you wish that but for godsakes you all are torturing and stretching and assuming for any possible way he was coerced or less accountable. Its disgusting.

Some people want to see the best in others. All of this is meaningless speculation, though, because we have no idea what was going on in his mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

quote:

Emily DeInnocentis, 23, said Tsarnaev came to her house for a party uninvited last fall and spread string cheese on the couch and took her cat upstairs for no reason, The Globe reported.

“We just didn’t invite him over after that,” she told the newspaper. “How many people just pick up your cat and go upstairs?”

I can't stop laughing at this, it's just... why is this even in the article?

e: from here http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-partied-gym-days-bombing-article-1.1322828

• Locked thread