Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Geekslinger posted:

Yes! That is on my wish list to. I've got spare a tactical SMG and a burstfire SMG.

Sent the camo. I got both SMGs, so send either to the first to ask for one here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Lima posted:

Sent the camo. I got both SMGs, so send either to the first to ask for one here.

Forgive me if this is dumb, but are you telling him to give a free receiver to the first guy to ask for one? I'd love to try a tac SMG, if that is true. In game name is Peacelock. Sorry if this seems greedy... :shobon: I just like fiddling around with weapons is all. I'm afraid I don't have anything interesting to trade for it though.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Artificer posted:

Forgive me if this is dumb, but are you telling him to give a free receiver to the first guy to ask for one? I'd love to try a tac SMG, if that is true. In game name is Peacelock. Sorry if this seems greedy... :shobon: I just like fiddling around with weapons is all. I'm afraid I don't have anything interesting to trade for it though.

Peacelock, I don't think I've seen you in game. Do you play in the EU?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Peacelock, I don't think I've seen you in game. Do you play in the EU?

No, I play on US. I've played with Merica a few times, I think. And he's always showed me up. :shobon: A few other GOON members too, but I don't recall their names. I like doing the ritualistic "gently caress GOONS" greeting when I see fellow members on the few times when I try to join their games and actually succeed on doing so.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Lima posted:

Awesome, that works for me.

Artificer posted:

Tac SMG for you then. What is your game name and I'll send it over when I get home from work.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Geekslinger posted:

Tac SMG for you then. What is your game name and I'll send it over when I get home from work.

Peacelock in game. I've definitely played with other GOONs as well, but I don't remember them very much and they probably don't remember me either because of my outstanding mediocrity.

Edit: Also Kelmomas, I think. Someone with a K. I took his SMG off of his dead body and liked it. He never really posted its build, though.

Edit x2: VVVV Done! I am a bad though. I'll have to practice more and see what I can learn from the veterans and players who are better at twitch shooters than I am.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 22, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

Peacelock in game. I've definitely played with other GOONs as well, but I don't remember them very much and they probably don't remember me either because of my outstanding mediocrity.

Edit: Also Kelmomas, I think. Someone with a K. I took his SMG off of his dead body and liked it. He never really posted its build, though.

Well send me a friend request and let us roll up on some bads! :woop:

Also, to the three people waiting on clan invites I'm going to try to be on this evening (7pm EST till 11pm EST maybe?).

Soooo now that SERV and WNx have quit who wants to fill the power vacuum with GOON lovin?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Well send me a friend request and let us roll up on some bads! :woop:

Also, to the three people waiting on clan invites I'm going to try to be on this evening (7pm EST till 11pm EST maybe?).

Soooo now that SERV and WNx have quit who wants to fill the power vacuum with GOON lovin?

What are the requirements?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

pandaK posted:

What are the requirements?

This is probably a good start. Thanks, Kelmomas. :smug:

Oh, we should probably take the mumble server info down. I'll make sure it's in the clan MOD.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 22, 2013

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Artificer posted:

Edit x2: VVVV Done! I am a bad though. I'll have to practice more and see what I can learn from the veterans and players who are better at twitch shooters than I am.

Don't worry, Switchbladekult is pretty bad, too. :iceburn:

(I'm even worse. :ssh:)

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I would love an invite considering my other group dissolved months ago. I'll be on as DarkSwordmaster around the times you're on.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Man, I do love the BFR. I was toying with the BFSMG before but I really like how I can murder in one burst with a well placed BFR shot.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Is there any way to make steam stop trying to do 'first time setup' every time I try to launch BL:R from it? It used to actually try to do the directx or whatever install it tries every time, but now it doesn't even say what it's trying to do besides first time setup nor does it ever finish. I can still launch the game fine by directly launching the executable, but why would I want to do that?

Edit: The thing it tries to install is "Microsoft VC redist." Restarting steam brought it back to trying install something

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 22, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Don't worry, Switchbladekult is pretty bad, too. :iceburn:

(I'm even worse. :ssh:)

I always feel like a badass until GOONs come 'round then I get a bitter taste of reality. :smith:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I would love an invite considering my other group dissolved months ago. I'll be on as DarkSwordmaster around the times you're on.

Just send me some in game mail and a friend request with your favorite bond film and mention the thread per usual.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Just "SwitchbladeKult"? Can and will do this evening.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So, I decided to reinstall this game after reading the thread. I didn't really have anything good until the double exp/gp weekend, but with the money I made I decided to perm some secondary receivers and a scope, stock, and barrel. I eventually created these...things.

Does anyone have any recommendations to make them better?

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Lima posted:

Is the burstfire SMG still up for grabs, if so I'd like to try it, "JigokuSan" in game. I'm lv7 now and been having a blast with the game. Haven't spent any GP yet. I'm gonna send the invite request to GOON as well.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

So, I decided to reinstall this game after reading the thread. I didn't really have anything good until the double exp/gp weekend, but with the money I made I decided to perm some secondary receivers and a scope, stock, and barrel. I eventually created these...things.

Does anyone have any recommendations to make them better?

Not a bad start at all! You might want to get a different muzzle for each build to better specialize and more stocks to give you mobility options. I would say on the SMG to get a higher dmg muzzle to boost it to 45 dmg and keep the stock. For the AR get a muzzle and a stock that give either less recoil (QDSS-9 and BRS Tactical) or ones that lowers your spread (TwoStep and Collapsible) depending on how much your hip fire vs ADS.

When I build a gun the theme is the first thing I decide. Next I pick the damage I want it to do. Lastly I pick parts that hit that damage number while keeping with the theme.

Here are the muzzles I use and their place in my arsenal:
  • NT4 - lowest dmg, low spread, lowest recoil, silenced
  • QDSS-9 low dmg, low spread, very low recoil, flash break
  • RAS-6 - high dmg, medium spread, medium recoil, flash brake
  • Rift - highest dmg, low spread, high recoil, flash brake
  • Copperhead - high dmg, medium spread, medium recoil, silenced
  • TwoStep - high dmg, lowest spread, medium recoil, flash brake

As far as stocks go you got a lot of options. Here are the stocks I use and their place in my arsenal:
  • BRS Tactical - low recoil, medium spread, heavy
  • Stabilizer (AK47 looking stock) - medium all three
  • Folding (yours) - high recoil, low spread, light
  • Collapsible - medium recoil, lowest spread, medium
  • AC10 - lowest recoil, high spread, heavy

There are a lot more parts that are as good as better and worse than these, these are just the ones I like using. I hope this gives you a nice base line to start.

Edit: I need to come back and correct the stats on these parts. It has been pointed out that a few of them are incorrect.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 23, 2013

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Does anyone have some page with pictures of all the scopes? Including the new 2x IR one (That I can't buy yet anyway 9_9)

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

A ton of useful advice.

I know I want my SMG to just be something I don't have to ADS with (Used mostly on Helodeck and Metro, and possibly Decay), and I definitely have a damage muzzle in mind for it. My Assault Rifle could definitely stand to be more accurate, so I'll definitely grab some spread/recoil improving parts. But thank you for the excellent advice!

In other news, my AR isn't actually that bad (although I think the team we were playing against were scrubs).

Yes, that's a zero for my deaths. :v:

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
I'd like a few recommendations about parts.

First, what mag should I use on the LMG-R? The extended or the fast mag?

Second, I want a suppressor for maximum tacticool but they don't seem to be that great. Which one would you guys recommend?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Xenaero posted:

Does anyone have some page with pictures of all the scopes? Including the new 2x IR one (That I can't buy yet anyway 9_9)
Linked in the OP. The new IR scope looks just like the Stinger rocket launcher scope, only with the IR filter applied.

Morshu posted:

First, what mag should I use on the LMG-R? The extended or the fast mag?
Light mag, definitely. The LMG-R has the lowest fire rate of any automatic weapon, so even 40 rounds last a good deal longer than they would on other guns.

Exception: if your listed speed was already at 7.00, you can't go any lower than that so there's no reason not to grab the heavy mag and enjoy firing practically forever.

quote:

Second, I want a suppressor for maximum tacticool but they don't seem to be that great. Which one would you guys recommend?
When I play with the LMG-R I like to keep them accurate, so I suppose I'd go for the Briar XS-Supp because it's the only suppressor with no accuracy penalty.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Switchblade's List of Recommended Muzzles and Barrels.

None of the ones I have permed are on this list. I am the scrub. :negative:

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

My game time in Raptr is 15hrs and in Steam its 19hrs will that eventually sync or does Steam count differently?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Jigoku San posted:

My game time in Raptr is 15hrs and in Steam its 19hrs will that eventually sync or does Steam count differently?

Snag the Raptr Desk App, run it, and it should sync eventually.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!

NihilCredo posted:

Linked in the OP. The new IR scope looks just like the Stinger rocket launcher scope, only with the IR filter applied.
Light mag, definitely. The LMG-R has the lowest fire rate of any automatic weapon, so even 40 rounds last a good deal longer than they would on other guns.

Exception: if your listed speed was already at 7.00, you can't go any lower than that so there's no reason not to grab the heavy mag and enjoy firing practically forever.
When I play with the LMG-R I like to keep them accurate, so I suppose I'd go for the Briar XS-Supp because it's the only suppressor with no accuracy penalty.

Alright thanks. I'll try out the light mag next time I play.

I'll keep that suppressor in mind, but is there one you'd recommend that works well on most receivers? I was thinking copperhead (which I don't have unlocked yet) since apparently its a suppressor despite it being listed as a flashbreak muzzle in game :v:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Artificer posted:

None of the ones I have permed are on this list. I am the scrub. :negative:

There's really no downside unless you get a part that is strictly inferior to another part. BLR's gun part balance is actually pretty great.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

pandaK posted:

There's really no downside unless you get a part that is strictly inferior to another part. BLR's gun part balance is actually pretty great.

What are the parts that are strictly inferior to other parts? Seems like it would be handy to have a Do Not Touch list.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Artificer posted:

What are the parts that are strictly inferior to other parts? Seems like it would be handy to have a Do Not Touch list.

Honestly it depends on your level, some high 30s parts are superior to a handful of lower level parts.

NihilCredo posted:

Oooh awesome, thanks. Also yeah in the last page of that thread on their forums someone pasted a link to the image of the new one. Pretty cool.

Also I like the new Frontier scope image, it's like the big brother of the smaller red dot scope now!

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 22, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Artificer posted:

Snag the Raptr Desk App, run it, and it should sync eventually.

Mine has not and I've been running it since the rewards were announced in here. I'm still missing 6 or so hours. :'(

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Mine has not and I've been running it since the rewards were announced in here. I'm still missing 6 or so hours. :'(
Force an update on the identities page.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Thank you kindly sir.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
If I installed through steam, should I just be idling on the launcher through Steam, or do I need to figure out how to get raptr to detect that I have the game installed?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Artificer posted:

There are no muzzles/barrels/stocks that are strictly inferior to any other; if they ever look that way, it's either because of damage rounding (so there's a small damage bonus that's not helping), or because you hit a cap of some sort, typically max/mix damage or minimum speed.

That said, "extreme" parts are often the most useful because players will typically care a lot about some stats and not at all about others, so they'll want to go 100% in that direction rather than stop at 95%. Common example: if you want accuracy and don't care much about speed, you'll likely go for the Leatherneck barrel which is a max weight, max accuracy barrel, instead of the Briar TDF-13 which is just a little lighter and just a little less accurate.

Also, if you have six assorted "extreme" parts in your inventory you can still make quite a few balanced builds by mixing and matching them so they counter each other (or adding default parts). If you have six assorted "balanced" parts you will only ever make balanced builds, and never extreme ones.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 23, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

That makes sense. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

What stats should I concentrate on for better hip-fire?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Jigoku San posted:

What stats should I concentrate on for better hip-fire?

Movement Spread and Hipfire Spread, I think.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Awesome, got a perm BFSMG from the 100gp chance packs, only took 12.

plus like 5 katanas and other stuff.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Jigoku San posted:

plus like 5 katanas and other stuff.

Hop on a pure Metro server and swim in the pubbie tears. Something about running around with your Hanzo Steel and the GOON clan tag incites rage in the masses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Can Katanas damage hardsuits? Because that is some Metal Gear Raiden poo poo.

• Locked thread