Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

The Lone Badger posted:

This is a good point. If he was a true Sith he should be thanking you.

Wow, if you could call him out on that, Mort's "you Jedi suck at your Code" thing would have a perfect mirror Republic-side.

As for the voting, Like Kira (somebody willing to agree with you how much the Jedi are idiots? Sold!), give her a Blue saber so somebody at least is rocking the Guardian look, and Keep the Bee Saber for yourself. I'd suggest red, but A. it'd look kind of annoying in screenshots vs. Sith, and B. red is the color of dark siders churned out by the dozens, you're much better than them so why ape their look? Though if some cool variation on standard red shows up feel free to switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I vote for a Red-Orange crystal.

Mortiferous can send you an unbound one. That is, if you're not worried about becoming beholden to a Sith dot dot dot period (that's a Bioware trademark right there).

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Go Red, and like Kira.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Lone Badger posted:

Eh, people like that like to talk a big game when they're on top, but they can rarely take it when it gets turned around on them. Like Kira, red saber!

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

The Lone Badger posted:

Yea, didn't a sith in one of the imperial campaigns thank you for killing his deadbeat son? The same son that was at the top of the class until you showed up?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Coruscant Episode 5: Aggressive Negotiations

: So this Kardan - you know anything about him?
: Probably not much more than you do. He was a good man once, a good soldier.
: If his conviction broke after one bad assignment, then he wasn't much of a good soldier.
: Not everyone can hold onto their faith after something like Ando Prime. You said it yourself, the Senate betrayed them.
: They did, but if that is their only excuse then I'll be even happier to kill them all. Challenge of their lives and they just give up after beating it? Pathetic
: You really think it's that easy? An attitude like might get you into a situation you can't just stand up from one day.
: Then we'll crawl out of it and get new legs. Cmon, we've wasted enough time. Let's go kill us a traitor.

: Hold up! I can smell it!
: It? You don't mean-
: Cmon, it's up those pipes that are just far enough apart for us to jump to!

gently caress these pipes. Seriously.

: Huh, so that's what a nerf herder really is.
: What was that?
: Uh, nothing. You can throw out the anti-falling device now.
: We don't have anything that. You forgot to requisition whatever your device is supposed to be.
: Dammit! And I don't suppose you're willing to-
: Not really, sir.
: I might need new legs sooner than I thought at this rate.

: Or you'll what, Captain? I'm not one of your lock-stepping drones - this part of the op is mine. End of discussion.
: How dare you -
: Hold up. What was that?

: Put those blasters on the floor, soldiers. Nice and slow.
: Unless you want to die, you should follow your own advice.
: It's over, Kardan. You, the Imps, Tavus - you're all going down.
: Not gonna happen, soldier. Now drop that weapon before - a Havoc badge? Is this a joke? No, no - you must be the new recruit Tavus told me about. So you survived after all. Can't say I'm surprised, honestly. Havoc always did recruit the best.
: I don't want to hurt anyone, but I will.
: Really?
: Oh, the Imps will die, but we want Kardan alive, right?

: My loyalty is to Tavus. Not to your Empire, and not to anyone else. You want the trooper dead, you take care of it. I don't kill good soldiers. I'm heading down to the Works to make sure everything is prepped.
: You really think that these men will slow us down?
: Do yourself a favor and die now, soldier - before you get in any deeper over your head.

: They were Imperial soldiers, sir. Now they're corpses.
: Be that as it may, Imperial soldiers, in uniform, operating on the lower levels of Coruscant - and Republic security knows nothing about it. Incredible. We need to learn more about this link between the Justicars and the Empire, if they're hosting our enemies, they might have useful information for us.
: If the Justicars are hosting our enemies, they should be annihilated.
: I agree, Lieutenant. But we should learn what we can before we grind these traitors into dust. Surveillance shows that the Justicars have their primary computer terminal in that base.
: I'll take care of this immediately.

: Patrol schedules, supply manifests, prisoner records - ah! Kardan, you... I think we've found what we were looking for, Lieutenant. You have a new target.
: So Kardan isn't our our objective anymore?
: Kardan is still an objective, but not your only one. Kardan had the Justicars work with the Imperials to hijack and rebuild an abandoned Republic communications relay, down in an industrial area called the Works.
: That's where Kardan was heading. Sounds like we can hit catch both targets at the same time.
: Apparently, Tavus and his followers are using this relay to route all of their interplanetary communications. If we destroy it, the traitors will be completely cut off from one another. I'm sending Sergeant Mathin to bring you the explosives you'll need to destroy the relay. He'll rendezvous with you shortly.
: Tell him to hurry up. Kardan could get away if we wait.
: He's on his way already. If you find Kardan, try to persuade him to surrender peacefully. Don't kill him unless you have to. Good luck.
: How the hell do I get someone to like him to surrender?
: He said his loyalty was to Tavus, right? We can tell him that Tavus will be spared if he surrenders.
: But we wouldn't.
: Oh hell no, but Kardan doesn't know that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Jorgen, you're a bad influence!

... And I concur. gently caress those pipes. gently caress all pipes forever. :suicide:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Seems like kind of a dangerous place to hide your communications router, with a whole galaxy of options available. Maybe Coruscant has really good bandwidth.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Like Kira.
Red for the both of you.
Just to confuse people.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Dislike Kira, she's just trying to steal R'andayn's spotlight.

Red Saber for yourself, and give the Bee to Kira.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Automatic Slim posted:

Like Kira.
Red for the both of you.
Just to confuse people.

This, plus a single-bladed saber for Kira. Double blades are for posers.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Coq au Nandos posted:

You calling Exar Kun a poser?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Calax posted:

You calling Exar Kun a poser?

He got smugged to death (undeath? re-death?) by Corran Horn, so yeah.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Coq au Nandos posted:

I'm pretty sure she's limited to saberstaffs and electrostaffs

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Well the results were pretty overwhelming once the Goon :bandwagon: got rolling.

1. Do we like or dislike Kira?
A) Like Kira 10
B) Dislike Kira 2

2. What colour lightsaber should she have? (Currently she's rocking a green one.)
A) Black-Yellow 7
B) Red 3
C) Green 0
D) Blue 2

3. Also on a semi-related note. I've finally reached the point where crafting-wise my lightsaber crystals are as good as the free Black-Yellow one I got way back. Since I screwed up the vote last time. You goons can vote again.
A) Keep the hideous monstrosity Black-Yellow 2
B) Red 11
C) Green 0
D) Blue 1

Edit forgot to add a picture.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 22, 2013

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Speaking of different sabers and stuff, what outside of the Stances are limiting factors there? Or is it just straight up "You picked this tree, now you are stuck with the Laser-Tomahawk forever"?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pimpmust posted:

Speaking of different sabers and stuff, what outside of the Stances are limiting factors there? Or is it just straight up "You picked this tree, now you are stuck with the Laser-Tomahawk forever"?

Basically Lightsaber wise your limited based on your advanced class. Jedi Guardians/Sith Juggernauts like R'andayn and Jedi Sages/Sith Sorcerers like Jolune get one single-bladed lightsaber. Jedi Sentinels/Sith Marauder like Mort in the other thread get two single bladed lightsabers. While Jedi Shadows/Sith Assassins like Atronie get the Darth Maul style Dual-bladed lightsaber.

Edit you can use alternative weapons. For example R'andayn could swap out her lightsaber for a Vibrosword. But couldn't swap out her single bladed one for a Dual-bladed lightsaber.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 22, 2013

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm pretty sure she's limited to saberstaffs and electrostaffs
Actually no. I just tested it with my Sentinel, and she seems perfectly capable of handling a single saber, and none of the moves appear limited to dual-lightsabers, which is usually why you would never consider it on a player character. Her moveset looks similar to the guardian moves.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Coq au Nandos posted:

He got smugged to death (undeath? re-death?) by Corran Horn, so yeah.

But he also managed to kill C'thulu, President of the Galactic Senate.

As to the saber decision. I realize that you can use single sabers as a shadow/assassin/sentinel/Murauder, but don't you lose out on damage from that second strike on everything?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Calax posted:

As to the saber decision. I realize that you can use single sabers as a shadow/assassin/sentinel/Murauder, but don't you lose out on damage from that second strike on everything?

Yes, but it's kinda minimal I think.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Marauder/Sentinel lose access to all of their advanced abilities if they only use one saber and I'm pretty sure all of the Assassin/Shadow's advanced abilities require a saberstaff/electrostaff, so the difference is pretty significant.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 22, 2013

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Marauder/Sentinel lose access to all of their advanced abilities if they only use one saber and I'm pretty sure all of the Assassin/Shadow's advanced abilities require a saberstaff/electrostaff, so the difference is pretty significant.

I mostly meant in pure dps. Most classes lose access to their abilities if they don't use a special weapon like the staff or assault cannon.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 22, 2013

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Brainamp posted:

I mostly meant in pure dps. Most classes lose access to their abilities if they use a special weapon like the staff or assault cannon.

Are you saying it's viable to play an assassin with a single bladed saber because the bonus from the special dual bladed saber abilities isn't that great?

Because that would be a) kind of irritating and b) kind of nice because the double bladed saber looks silly.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah, they really should have disconnected Saber stances and styles from the classes, a dual-wielding assassin would be perfectly fine :colbert:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's probably meant as some basic concession to class silhouette, since it's already tough enough to distinguish who in the pack of robed laser-sword wielders are the healers, who are the tanks, and who are the damage-dealers.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Are you saying it's viable to play an assassin with a single bladed saber because the bonus from the special dual bladed saber abilities isn't that great?

Sorry, meant "if they don't use their class weapons." As for that as a gimmick playthrough I don't know, but really why would you bother? Having only the abilities from your base class for an entire run would be murder to me.

Dolash posted:

It's probably meant as some basic concession to class silhouette, since it's already tough enough to distinguish who in the pack of robed laser-sword wielders are the healers, who are the tanks, and who are the damage-dealers.

The custom armors really don't help on this end in pvp. You see a pack of players dressed as Republic pilots and you just kinda give up on determining who's who.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
The thing you're discussing is exactly why they've got armor type limits for transmog. in WoW. You need to be able to visually distinguish what sort of character someone is as best as possible (though there are still funny things you can pull like my warlock friend who's got a whole set of gear mogged to look like priest cloth).

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Feinne posted:

The thing you're discussing is exactly why they've got armor type limits for transmog. in WoW. You need to be able to visually distinguish what sort of character someone is as best as possible (though there are still funny things you can pull like my warlock friend who's got a whole set of gear mogged to look like priest cloth).

Well, not just the "looks like another class" thing. But I've seen warriors scampering around looking like Conan the Barbarian, but that look is usually given to Rogues.

The hard part with TOR is that all the gear looks the same no matter the spec/advanced class, except the weapons. All the jedi/sith are gonna be wearing robes, with only Juggernaughts and Guardians getting armor. And there is no major distinction between their role and what they're wearing, so a Guardian's three specs all look exactly the same. In WoW you can usually tell tanks and healers based off of something they're wearing/buffed as (shields, type of weapons, Shadow Form for the "not healing" priests...) not so much here.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Assassin/Shadow just get the saberstaff. While vibroblades can do all single-saber abilities, electrostaves don't count for dual-blades. Bioware's response is "gently caress y'all, working as intended."

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Assassin/Shadow just get the saberstaff. While vibroblades can do all single-saber abilities, electrostaves don't count for dual-blades. Bioware's response is "gently caress y'all, working as intended."
Actually their response was to fix it in patch 2.0, letting all double-saber skills be used with eletrostaves. Mind you, it took them the better part of a year, but they got around to it eventually. Between F2P and the rest of the performance fixing, I can sorta understand why this one went to the bottom of the todo list. Bigger fish to fry.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain's log: #015
Stardate: Eight years minimum if I'm caught.

We'd barely taken two steps into Dealer's Den before falling into some fresh mess, courtesy of Rogun the Butcher.

Recommended for incredible restraint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgMgFc6VB6Q

quote:

Riloh: I never doubted you for a second, lover. You've always been my lucky star.

Great. Some punk kids who think custom-armour and blue-light-special blasters makes them bounty hunters.

quote:

Quinine: I'm not looking for any trouble.

Scorch: Too bad, it found you anyway. Now die like a good little bounty.

Scorch: Come on, you two. Let's cremate this fool and get rich.

Not that I was actually worried, but even after gunning down dozens of gangsters since landing on Coruscant some small part of me would feel bad for blasting a bunch of dumb teenagers.

quote:

Quinine: Your friends have so much to live for. Why get them killed?

Well, maybe not Scorch.

quote:

Riloh: Ease off, Scorch. I have a bad feeling about this Captain. He looks like more than we can handle.

Scorch: Not man enough for a real challenge? Don't know what you see in this guy, Egara.

Egar: More than you could ever show me. Riloh, this bounty's worth more money than we could earn in a month!

I gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed I'm only worth a month's worth of credits to a couple wannabes. I've got to remember to piss off Rogun enough to up the price or it might start hurting my rep.

quote:

Quinine: If you want credits, I know a better way to earn 'em.

Scorch: We're bounty hunters, stupid. This is what we do for a living.

Riloh: Shut up, Scorch. Make your offer.

Quinine: Mess with me and I guarantee you'll wind up dead.

I can't believe someone finally took my advice and walked away - I'd started thinking survival instincts had gone out of style. Thank you, Riloh, for restoring my faith in people.

quote:

Scorch: Aw, come on! We can take this fool easy.

Egar: I'm starting to think Riloh's right. This job's too big for us. C'mon, Scorch.

Scorch: I can't believe we're walking away from all those credits. You got lucky today, Captain.

Quinine: You go right on thinking that.

Everybody wants to be a big, bad bounty hunter, but most don't have the grit to stick with it. Hope they can stay out of trouble, at least until Scorch's mom calls him home for dinner.

Darmas stayed well out, and I don't blame him. I don't know what his stake in helping us is, but he's a gambler and information broker, not a fighter. Not to mention if I couldn't talk or blast my way past those three on my own, I should just pack up and go home now.

quote:

Darmas: Being famous has its drawbacks, doesn't it?

Darmas: I hear Black Sun's on an emergency recruitment drive, and you had an altercation at the spaceport. I take it my lead was worthwhile.

Quinine: Turns out there's a Sullustan lawman chasing Skavak too.

Darmas: It's always good to have friends with common interests.

Darmas: While we wait for Skavak to make his next move, perhaps we could play a little Sabacc?

Corso might be used to watching Viidu get creamed at cards, but I'm not an easy mark - and I don't have the sort of credits that normally gets high-rollers like Darmas interested in playing.

quote:

Darmas: Corso, don't be such a spoilsport. What do you say, Captain? First game's on me.

Quinine: What's the harm in a friendly game of cards?

Darmas: Get us a round of drinks, won't you, Corso? There's a good man. Let's deal some cards...

It's true, but only because he let me. Darmas might be a good enough showman to trick good old Corso, but I can tell he was throwing his hands and putting a few credits in my pocket the friendly way. Whatever he wants me for, he's doing his best to keep me going until then.

quote:

Darmas: Hmm, I'd say you've played this game before.

Quinine: I just played the cards I was dealt.

Darmas: Pleading beginner's luck? I don't know if that's better or worse.

Darmas: Hold on, I'm receiving an alert from my network. This may be what we've been waiting for...

Darmas: Looks like your efforts have paid off, Captain. My informants just witnessed Skavak fighting someone and fleeing into Justicars' territory. We have him!

Must've gotten pinged by his identity record, or maybe Miel caught up to him. Either way we finally had him running scared. Not the same as killing him, maybe, but a good start.

quote:

Quinine: Who are these “justicars”?

Darmas: They're vigilantes – self appointed “judges” of a whole city sector. Executioners is more like it.

Darmas: The Justicars don't tolerate outsiders in their sector. Skavak must truly be desperate to risk his life going there.

Not after all the work I've put into catching up to him, anyway. I should start thinking of what I'm going to say now. The only thing worse than someone getting to Skavak first would be not having a good line to use when I find him.

quote:

Darmas: Then you'd better hurry. Justicars aren't known for their mercy.

Darmas: My informants are a brother and sister named Jiik and Juul. They know where to find Skavak. I'll tell them you're coming.

Darmas: Play your hand carefully in the Justicar sector. My instincts tell me Skavak hasn't shown all his cards yet.

Quinine: That's good advice.

We made tracks for the Justicar sector. I did some reading up on them on the way. Looks like a lot of ex-military guys doing a take-back-the-streets thing that got out of hand. Nobody I know, which is good and bad – nobody to open the back door for me, but then again nobody with a grudge looking to string me up from a lamppost.

Soon as we landed I knew we were heading straight into trouble. I've seen army bases with lighter gate security. They'd locked down the whole tower and everyone inside, probably to keep out reprobates (like me). Getting in would be tougher than just having your hand stamped for reentry.

At least, normally. Good think for me and Corso some thoughtful citizen had just recently blasted their way through the security checkpoint. Easiest smuggling job of my career.

Now that we're on the inside though, we're treading lightly. This whole place gives me the creeps, and I don't really feel like tangling with the Justicars themselves. Maybe it's a professional courtesy to some fellow former soldiers, but mostly it's the heavy hardware they're all carrying. Seriously, did I miss something in the pension plan?

We finally track down Juul in a crummy apartment, off the main street and away from the Justicar patrols. It doesn't take long before I start wishing I was back out there fighting a whole platoon of them, though.

quote:

Juul: Thanks to you, the Justicars snagged my brother Jiik. Never should've tangled ourselves in your cloudhead business.

Quinine: Kid, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Juul: Typical cloudhead. Don't know which way is up unless a turfer explains it. Listen hard and wise up!

I must be getting old, because her slang grated on my nerves. So did the rest of her.

quote:

Juul: I'm Juul. My brother Jiik and I were watching Skavak for you. Big mistake. Nothing but trouble.

Juul: Things always go bad for turfers when cloudheads come down here. Never should have took this job.

Quinine: Are you done berating me yet?

This is why I don't work with kids.

quote:

Juul: Jiik and I were tailing Skavak when the Justicars came after us. Jiik stuck to Skavak. I drew the Justicars.

Juul: I lost those helmet-brains easy, but they snagged Jiik and hauled him off to their detention center!

Quinine: Don't worry, I'll get your brother out of there.

I said I'd do it already!

quote:

Juul: Jiik knows where Skavak went, but he didn't have time to spill it to me before they snagged him.

Juul: You want Skavak? Better prowl into the Justicar's detention center and free my brother.

Quinine: Jailbreaks aren't exactly easy, kid.

Juul: Like I don't know that? But listen, I got an idea how to do it.

For the record, “once inside the detention center” is the hard part of a jailbreak, not the part you skip on the way to your plan. A few cameras are going to be the least of my problems in there.

quote:

Juul: If those droid-eyes aren't rubble, the Justicars will know your face. You don't want that.

Quinine: If those idiots want my face on file, they're welcome to it.

Juul: You want a price on your head? Fine – but Jiik's in enough trouble. I don't want the Justicars coming after him again.

I could've pointed out they probably already took his picture, but this conversation was going nowhere fast as it was.

quote:

Juul: Don't just stand there goggling at me. Get Jiik out of that detention center before something happens to him!

Quinine: If I do this, you have to stop calling me a cloudhead.

Juul: Don't bet on it.

And that's Juul. Maybe that's what having parents that hated you and your brother enough to name you Juul and Jiik does to you. She's glaring at me right now while I type this up, probably working on some bit about how all us filthy cloud-people are too literate for her tastes.

We're laying low at Juul's for the moment, waiting for an opening in the guard rotations. Corso, the bastion of discretion, is asking me what it's like being in prison. Despite what you might have thought, I haven't done much hard time before – but I have done a few stints of short time followed by daring escapes. Jails just don't mix with my high-flying lifestyle. Did some time right after getting discharged, but I don't think I'll be sharing that story with Corso today.

Once the patrols die down a bit, me and Corso will sneak back out there and pull Jiik from lockup while doing our level best not to end up in there with him. Then again, maybe if I'm lucky the Justicars nabbed Skavak too?

While we're dreaming, I'd also like a gold-plated cruiser and my own Wookie butler.

##End Log##

Dolash fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 23, 2013

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dolash posted:

While we're dreaming, I'd also like a gold-plated cruiser and my own Wookie butler.

:eng101: Wookiee

I like that they give the smuggler opportunities to talk his way out of fights. Hopefully it keeps up as the story progresses.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Hulk Smash! posted:

I like that they give the smuggler opportunities to talk his way out of fights. Hopefully it keeps up as the story progresses.

Smugglers get awesome dialogue most of the time. My favourite scene will come on Alderaan though (not that I played much further though to be honest).

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Hulk Smash! posted:

Every class occasionally gets the option to talk their way out of a fight- usually it's a Light Side / Dark Side choice, with negotiation as good and gunplay as evil. The Smuggler gets the wittiest lines though.

Dolash posted:

Juul: Things always go bad for turfers when cloudheads come down here. Never should have took this job.
It's a bit rich for Juul to call herself a turfer when she lives in a tower about 50,000 feet above the ground. Has anyone on Coruscant even seen the planet's surface?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Inferior posted:

Has anyone on Coruscant even seen the planet's surface?

The Yuuzhan Vong did! :iamafag:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Yuuzhan Vong did! :iamafag:

Of course then it was magically rebuilt in a couple of years. Or the writers were dumb hacks who forgot it had been nuked to the ground, one of the two. We really need a Star Wars EU version of this :dice:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Taris was supposedly glassed and I'll bet you a shiny nickel that won't matter in the future. I think we've talked about that before, but maybe in the other thread?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Hulk Smash! posted:

Aw, he skipped the funnier way to do it though; your better offer is to tell them "I just saw Skavak in the Black Sun area" and they go after him because he has a much higher bounty on him. Wish I could find a video of it, the last line is hilarious - a cheerful "Remember kids, shoot to kill!".

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Inferior posted:

It's a bit rich for Juul to call herself a turfer when she lives in a tower about 50,000 feet above the ground. Has anyone on Coruscant even seen the planet's surface?

Coruscant's depictions vary widely. If I'm going by the X-Wing books, which I put more stock in than most to remain consistent, then yes--a bar at the start of one is described as "near-bedrock". The planet definitely still has a surface, but it's all bare rock at this point--and it's worse the further down you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

CHAPTER 16: THE HIGH COST OF LIVING

Previously posted:

JOLUNE MOL'NEUX has defeated the mysterious SITH that attacked her in the JEDI TEMPLE RUINS and learnt the ancient ritual of shielding, the one power that can protect against the MORRHAGE PLAGUE. Now she races back to the SENATE TOWER to cure her dying Master, YUON PAR...

: If there was any time to test what you learned in the temple, it's now.

: The Masters taught me well. When they weren't bickering. Or being obtuse. Or suffering system glitches. Actually they didn't teach me that well at all... Can I practice this a little first?

: Yuon's life is in your hands now. No pressure.

: Okaaaay... any advice, Qyzen?

: No.

: Thanks. Really.

: This Force thing. You good at Force things. Not need my help.

: Thanks. Non-sarcastically this time. Let's do this.

: They didn't teach this at Jedi medical.

: Aah!

: I feel funny

: I feel... so much better. But why do you look so weak? What did you do?

: Don't worry about me, Yuon. I'm just glad you're okay.

: Thank you, and... I'm sorry. The last thing I remember clearly is... your ceremony on Tython. Oh, my student, I am sorry I wasn't a better Master.

: I wouldn't be the Jedi I am, if it weren't for you.

: Yes, I see now the foolishness of hiding it. Now I am... more myself.

: You are Yuon Par. Is no other you can be.

: I could feel someone else in my mind. Polluting my thoughts... twisting them.

: The Plague Lord!

: That's his name? That's pretty...

: I just made it up!

: ...great! That's a great name. Well done. *cough*

: I really wish I could give you more details, but my memory of that time is... hazy at best.

: Pardon me. The Council wishes to speak with you when you're ready.

: Do you know what they want?

: They only said it was important. But not so important that you need to know right now.

: Huff... huff... So many stairs. No wonder the Hutts hate democracy.

While Jolune's busy cursing the lack of elevators, let's look at some exciting New Powers! (powers not may not actually be exciting)

1) Weaken Mind: Does medium damage over time. Gets your dps up against bosses, but most other enemies don't last long enough for it to be effective. Still it's cheap and instant, so why not?
2) Force Mend: Instantly heals about 15% of your (can't be targeted anywhere else) HP. The selfish heal- no charge up time, and doesn't cost much Force, but has a lengthy cooldown. Handy as a panic button.
3) Force speed: Increases your foot speed by 150% for 2s. Yes, “2 seconds”. Certain bosses will try to slow you down before casting a powerful Area of Effect spell in your vicinity. Escaping this situation is the only use of this power.
4) Mind Snap: Interrupts any enemy attack that they are charging, and prevents them from using it for 4s. Every class gets a variant of this power, and strategic use of it is the only way to survive some bosses with powerful, but slow to charge, attacks.

: ...

: Are good?

: Oh! ...I feel fine! Great! Don't know why there was all the fuss about the ritual, really.

: Is truth?

: It... It doesn't matter. Council's waiting, and we need to make a delivery to Senator Starsnow.

: Um... also I think the journal was damaged, as some of the entries have been deleted. Not that I read any! I just did a memory diagnostic on the storage drive! I wouldn't read or copy parts of someone else's diary! Jedi's honor!

: The Empire couldn't be after family heirlooms. I must inform the Senate of this.

: It was my pleasure, Senator. Take care.

: We're sorry to have to pull you away from Yuon.

: We wouldn't have called you here if it wasn't urgent. First, tell us what you've learned about Yuon's illness.

: It's a plague created by a Sith named Terrak Morrhage. Here's what we know...

ONE MORE BRIEF RECAP OF THE PLOT LATER...

: We've started to receive disturbing communication from other Masters. We fear Yuon's illness is not an isolated case.

: The illness was created by Terrak Morrhage, but a different Sith is using it now. I don't know his name, but I call him Plague Lord! I fought his apprentice in the temple.

: Plague Lord? … Yes, well. It's imperative that we find this Sith before the illness spreads further.

I'd just like to point out the ludicrous shoulder thingies on the Republic armour Qyzen's wearing. Ludicrous shoulder thingies is a running design theme in the SWTOR armours.

: Unfortunately, we have no leads. We can only hope that tracking down and shielding the victims will help lead us to the Sith.

: … I sense you have a new task for me.

: The small number of victims suggests that this Sith needs some sort of contact with his victims to control them. A “Bad Touch” if you will.

: :rolleyes:

: We hesitate to ask any more sacrifice of you- you've already done so much.

: Master Shan... The shielding technique draws a lot of strength from me.

: Yes, we are aware of this and we assure you- the whole Jedi Order appreciates your sacrifice. But if the Sith who's controlling these Masters is drawing strength from them as well as turning them...

: Then it is imperative that the Masters are freed from his control as quickly as possible.

: You'll need to be able to move freely around the galaxy. To that end, we've prepared a ship for you in the spaceport.

: Where am I going?

: ...Plague Lord's hold on them.

: Whatever.

: Say your goodbyes to Yuon. But time is of the essence. Good luck.

: ”The whole Jedi Order appreciates your sacrifice”, huh?

: You will not die Herald. Scorekeeper protects you.

: I guess it's nice to have friends in high places... :sigh: How did I end up in this mess anyway?

: By being Jedi.

: ... Heh, yeah, the “Kick Me” sign comes with the lightsaber.

And so the Prologue ends, and Chapter 1 of the Jedi Consular's story begins. You can't refuse the quest to sacrifice yourself to save the corrupted Masters, which means I guess it's a good job we're playing a Light Side healer, otherwise this wouldn't make much sense.

: Other Masters have fallen ill- the Council has asked me to save them.

: I see. But there is still someone we must find: the person behind this, whoever was in my mind. Stop him, so that I don't have to be shielded anymore. So your strength can be restored.

: Trust, Yuon. Will be well.

NEXT TIME: Space Butler arrives, Jolune checks her emails, and we travel to the Republic's least popular holiday destination.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 12, 2013

• Locked thread