Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Mauser posted:

Here's my hipfire setup for the burstfire rifle. I had to throw on the damage muzzle and sacrifice a bit of spread accuracy because I left too many enemies with a sliver of health. Now I don't leave them with anything.

That gun is a thing of beauty. :golfclap: Do you need an invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I stopped playing this game for a few days to focus on non-videogame things and I come back and all my gun parts are gone. Really feeling the sting of this 7-day rental minimum right now, I don't want to waste my meager GP on stuff I'll find out I don't like within an hour and I sure as hell won't drop real money on a one-day rental Jesus Christ.

What level does the holoscope unlock at? I'm saving my GP to basically perm that one immediately because it seems like the best open sight in the game.

e: Also SwitchbladeKult I'm online and shot you an email, thank you again! Looking forward to GOON.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Reiley posted:

I stopped playing this game for a few days to focus on non-videogame things and I come back and all my gun parts are gone. Really feeling the sting of this 7-day rental minimum right now, I don't want to waste my meager GP on stuff I'll find out I don't like within an hour and I sure as hell won't drop real money on a one-day rental Jesus Christ.

What level does the holoscope unlock at? I'm saving my GP to basically perm that one immediately because it seems like the best open sight in the game.

e: Also SwitchbladeKult I'm online and shot you an email, thank you again! Looking forward to GOON.

Sever maintenance soon. I'll try to make it in time. No promises. Let's hope this brings the three day rentals.

Edit:

lokisdottir posted:

New Weekly Weapon, 3-day stuff, new missions.
:woop:

I sent the clan invite. Not sure if you got it before the servers went down.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 24, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Sever maintenance soon. I'll try to make it in time. No promises. Let's hope this brings the three day rentals.

Edit:

:woop:

I sent the clan invite. Not sure if you got it before the servers went down.

I got knocked offline before I could see it.

Also, I figured out a way to hit 10.00 run speed and I have a machete and it is my new favorite thing in the world. :allears:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Reiley posted:

I got knocked offline before I could see it.

Also, I figured out a way to hit 10.00 run speed and I have a machete and it is my new favorite thing in the world. :allears:

I'm a breach hammer man myself. Although, have you tried the katana yet? I'm a little bit in love with it.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I haven't had a chance to play with either. I'm level 9 as of today and Xenaero very generously hooked me up with a CQC pack which is how I hit 10.00 to begin with. I'm excited to try out the other melee weapons. (I also want to try the goddamn shotgun as soon as possible!!)

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Post maintenance changes:
  • Weekly weapon Change
  • 1-day Zen and 3-day GP rental options added for attachments
  • 5 new Missions
  • Added the Artemis Hero
  • Hero Flash Sales all week

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Reiley posted:

I haven't had a chance to play with either. I'm level 9 as of today and Xenaero very generously hooked me up with a CQC pack which is how I hit 10.00 to begin with. I'm excited to try out the other melee weapons. (I also want to try the goddamn shotgun as soon as possible!!)

If you want to run fast and hip-fire people, the shotgun will be your best friend. There's nothing quite like someone getting the jump on you, and just turning around and blowing their head up with a well-placed blast.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Jumpoff posted:

If you want to run fast and hip-fire people, the shotgun will be your best friend. There's nothing quite like someone getting the jump on you, and just turning around and blowing their head up with a well-placed blast.

I have a tricked-out runspeed SMG and having this exact thing to go with my melee would be a dream come true. I'm going to leave this game running overnight just to get that perm shotgun. I hope it works.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

HAPPY DAY!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Holy crap that's a crazy amount of GP

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
And it's still less than the heal injector!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
And you can spent the same amount of GP on attachments for an AR and be way more effective. I think the M4X is garbagezoned like the BPFA, personally.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I already have that Metal Storm shotgun from a previous giveaway, so if anyone wants to trade for it I can hook you up after things drop. It seems to actually have faster reload than the normal shotgun reciever can even with quickmags.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

...so it only took me nine months of playing this game, for a total of a few hundreds of hours, before I discovered today that you can temporarily lower a teammate's barricade by looking at its base (same spot you use to pick up yours) :suicide:

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Enjoying the raptr.com gaming community for BLR

kjar123 posted:

A fully developed, released game should not completely shutdown for maintenance.

In my opinion, this is almost unacceptable. The game is supposed to be full developed, yet they are completely shutting down servers. This kind of thing is only really seen in beta testing. If PWE wants my money, they need to make the game AVAILABLE 24/7.

BTW I'm not yelling because of this one time, its happened numerous times.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

boz posted:

Enjoying the raptr.com gaming community for BLR

So have they never heard of WoW or any other game that uses an infrastructure outside of their desktop?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Xenaero posted:

And you can spent the same amount of GP on attachments for an AR and be way more effective. I think the M4X is garbagezoned like the BPFA, personally.

I used to think that too until I started using it like an SMG and not an AR. It's marvelous for just running around and hosing people down with bullets. Just don't ADS with it. You will be sad if you try.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Oh my God I am so giddy right now. I was playing around going 100% melee kills with a machete, which apparently makes dudes rage in ways I've literally never seen in an FPS, and the game said I unlocked a Martial Artist challenge. I didn't think much of it, like wow cool another data node or whatever. No, apparently the game gave me a free 7-day katana and I tried the katana and holy poo poo this katana. Holy poo poo. I don't want guns anymore. I only want Hanzo steel.

e: Holy poo poo the speed boost you get for using it. This is the greatest item in the game
e2: God dammit, you need to be level 39 to perm a Katana with GP. I don't want this thing to go away, I want to play with it forever.... :(

Reiley fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 24, 2013

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

This is hilarious.

Revenge of the ragequitters?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Reiley posted:

Oh my God I am so giddy right now. I was playing around going 100% melee kills with a machete, which apparently makes dudes rage in ways I've literally never seen in an FPS, and the game said I unlocked a Martial Artist challenge. I didn't think much of it, like wow cool another data node or whatever. No, apparently the game gave me a free 7-day katana and I tried the katana and holy poo poo this katana. Holy poo poo. I don't want guns anymore. I only want Hanzo steel.

e: Holy poo poo the speed boost you get for using it. This is the greatest item in the game
e2: God dammit, you need to be level 39 to perm a Katana with GP. I don't want this thing to go away, I want to play with it forever.... :(

Last night about eight of us got into a DOM Metro game. The map became a field of discarded katanas. We did not rest until everyone in the game had a katana. :getin:

Are you high enough level to perm the M4X with GP and also have enough ZEN laying around to do a trade? If so we can make arrangements to do a swap. I buy you a katana with GP and you buy me a M4X with your GP.

Edit: Check out these ridiculous scores!

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 24, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Lima posted:

This is hilarious.

Revenge of the ragequitters?

drat. No way to get around this then?

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I was on a kill streak role that last game I played and then the katanas came out and you sliced me down.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I was playing on a proving grounds TDM server yesterday night and there was some guy running around with a speedbuild + katana or something. I think he ended up with something crazy like 46 kills :psyduck:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I hadn't played this for like, a year and I wondered if melee dudes were still a big problem.

Seems like my question had been answered on this page alone.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

I hadn't played this for like, a year and I wondered if melee dudes were still a big problem.

Actually they aren't really. Most of the posts on this page are from goon games where almost every goon had a katana. In pub games you will only see melee types here and there, and it is very rare that they actually do well.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

StabMasterArson posted:

They are generally terrible actually. It just takes a few shots to kill a speed melee type person.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Elliotw2 posted:

They are generally terrible actually. It just takes a few shots to kill a speed melee type person.

Especially easy when they tend to run straight at you

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Last night about eight of us got into a DOM Metro game. The map became a field of discarded katanas. We did not rest until everyone in the game had a katana. :getin:

Are you high enough level to perm the M4X with GP and also have enough ZEN laying around to do a trade? If so we can make arrangements to do a swap. I buy you a katana with GP and you buy me a M4X with your GP.

I am level 10 and I don't have any Zen, though its tempting to throw a Steam purchase worth of money this game's way. I ave a pile of GP though, but it seems like you'd need Zen to trade it (which has cash grab written all over it). I still have a week to play with this freebie katana though, we can work something out.

This one dude named Fawn kept getting upset with me, calling me a "noob" for doing melee only and asked me to leave the server. No one has ever asked me to leave a server before, this is all new to me. He also informed me I was bad at the game. He and his friends ended up leaving the server themselves after the round ended:

I definitely think this game is worth a couple bucks. I kinda want that Sniper helmet that trades 10% armor for faster HRV recharge.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

poo poo. I've got class that starts 10 minutes before the Raptr packs activate. :(

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Artificer posted:

poo poo. I've got class that starts 10 minutes before the Raptr packs activate. :(

Smartphone?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Artificer posted:

There isn't a limit, is there? Only the first 50 get raptr packs, or something like that?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Skyscraper posted:

There isn't a limit, is there? Only the first 50 get raptr packs, or something like that?

There is. At least a couple hundred packs, but boy howdy do the servers get hammered. They disappear very quickly.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Artificer posted:

There is. At least a couple hundred packs, but boy howdy do the servers get hammered. They disappear very quickly.

Oh, yeah, that's going to be a problem then.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Artificer posted:

There are usually a few thousand, not hundred. All the other reward packs from Raptr had lots of keys remaining for weeks after they activated.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

There are usually a few thousand, not hundred. All the other reward packs from Raptr had lots of keys remaining for weeks after they activated.

I thought the previous ones disappeared in like half an hour? Huh. Maybe I'm just overreacting then.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

I thought the previous ones disappeared in like half an hour? Huh. Maybe I'm just overreacting then.

The only give away I remember going that fast was the Intel pack. Also, the Raptr stuff doesn't start today.

Elite Pack
Experienced Pack
Newbie Pack

Reiley posted:

I am level 10 and I don't have any Zen, though its tempting to throw a Steam purchase worth of money this game's way. I ave a pile of GP though, but it seems like you'd need Zen to trade it (which has cash grab written all over it). I still have a week to play with this freebie katana though, we can work something out.

Okay. Well, I'm 2k GP away from perming the M4X. I'll use this week to get up some GP to perm you a katana. You can hit me back at some future point in time.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 24, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The only give away I remember going that fast was the Intel pack. Also, the Raptr stuff doesn't start today.

Elite Pack
Experienced Pack
Newbie Pack

Okay. Well, I'm 2k GP away from perming the M4X. I'll use this week to get up some GP to perm you a katana. You can hit me back at some future point in time.

That's a fair deal. I just need five levels and I can perm the M4X, I'll set it aside for you.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Reiley posted:

That's a fair deal. I just need five levels and I can perm the M4X, I'll set it aside for you.

No, what I mean is I'm going to buy myself the M4X now because I'm so close (and want it now :v:). You can just trade me something different sometime down the line and I'll get you a perm katana before your 7 day token expires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

No, what I mean is I'm going to buy myself the M4X now because I'm so close (and want it now :v:). You can just trade me something different sometime down the line and I'll get you a perm katana before your 7 day token expires.

Okay that works too! Also when we're both around we could try the clan invite again, I wanna be GOON.

• Locked thread