Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

It's like when one of those child actors grows up and parties too much but you can't unsee who they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Good advice. I've heard you really don't want to tense up when trying anal.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

So did Michael Balls clone himself, or was he born a chimaera of two fused fraternal twins of opposite sex, so that he could give birth to a son as a sole legal parent? What I'm saying is, how does Ed Balls only have one parent.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Years ago this poster was in my 8th grade English room. We all thought it was hilarious because Wicker Man and all that. Recently I was in a bar trivia contest and one of the questions was the name of the author of Siddhartha. An image of a confident Nic Cage leapt into my mind unbidden and I got it right, winning the contest for our team.

Content:

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Is Shadow Chancellor of Exchequer a real thing? Because that sounds like a bad-rear end fantasy/sci-fi villain's job.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Bedurndurn posted:

Is Shadow Chancellor of Exchequer a real thing? Because that sounds like a bad-rear end fantasy/sci-fi villain's job.

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Chancellor_of_the_Exchequer

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"The Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer in the British Parliamentary system is the member of the Shadow Cabinet who is responsible for shadowing the Chancellor of the Exchequer"

Good thing they cleared that up.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
"Shadow" just means "guys the opposition would put in those positions, if it was in power". We use the same term in Aus.

It does sound drat cool, though. "Shadow communications minister", "shadow defense minister" etc.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's so goddamn cool the opposition party has an understudy team "just in case" they can be put to use. :black101:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

Karl Lagerfeld.

His explanation made it seem less crazy. It was a bag for the beach, so it would fit a towel and stuff could be hung from it.

Chanel produced it because it was such a hit on the catwalk. It was speculative fashion that hit mainstream due to, well, the internet mostly.

Pick has a new favorite as of 06:50 on Apr 27, 2013

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Drifter posted:

It's so goddamn cool the opposition party has an understudy team "just in case" they can be put to use. :black101:

It's less an understudy, than "person whose job it is to call out the communications/defense/education/whatever minister on his policies being poo poo, and then not actually have any good policies of your own if you get into power". They're seriously just there to take pot shots at the government. It must be the easiest job in politics, and that's saying something.

A goon and his girlfriend.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Pick posted:

His explanation made it seem less crazy. It was a bag for the beach, so it would fit a towel and stuff could be hung from it.

Chanel produced it because it was such a hit on the catwalk. It was speculative fashion that hit mainstream due to, well, the internet mostly.

"Let's just sew some poo poo on a hula hoop, I dunno"

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Memento1979 posted:

I bet he gives her facials every night! :iamafag:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

God why would you call your child "Maddy Balls" I mean really? Though I suppose Dick Balls would have been worse.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Edit: Now that I'm back from work I can post an actual picture:

Spanish Manlove has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Apr 27, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

MyFaceBeHi posted:

I bet he gives her facials every night! :iamafag:

She's the only woman on the planet capable of giving simultaneously the best HJ and best BJ.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Memento1979 posted:

It's less an understudy, than "person whose job it is to call out the communications/defense/education/whatever minister on his policies being poo poo, and then not actually have any good policies of your own if you get into power". They're seriously just there to take pot shots at the government. It must be the easiest job in politics, and that's saying something.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've found that moments of introspection are rare; and more often than not you accept your lot in life without question.
However, as I searched through my 12th GIS page of "butt instead of a facehole", trying to find the completely different photo of a man's rear end poking through a completely different facehole, that I swear I've seen before. I had to wonder if life even has a meaning.

Until I saw this:

CATTASTIC has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Apr 27, 2013

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

This will never not be funny.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I always feel bad for the next Dorothy in line.

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

Lazlow posted:

Eleven years of fundamental Baptist schooling here, I got this. Pull up a chair, children. :chord:

Noah DID get two of every dinosaur. You see, the ark was big enough to house two of every animal on the Earth at the time, including dinosaurs - on only ONE floor of it, even. So, no problem. To understand the reason they died, you have to realize that before the flood there was a "water canopy" that surrounded the planet. Think of it as an outer coating of ice that held water, with another shell of ice keeping that water in check and out of Earth's atmosphere and off the surface. This created a Very Special Biosphere which allowed such huge creatures like dinosaurs to exist, as well as giant humans, and it also allowed humans to live for several hundreds of years (remember, Noah was 600 when he built the ark, and died when he was 950, no biggie). There was also no darkness, at least not as we know it today; during the day the water canopy made the sky a nice shade of pinkish orange (tells the brain it's time to work), and at night it was a nice, mellow shade of blue (tells the brain it's time to rest).

But mankind done hosed up the planet what with all the sinning, and all the negative vibes from said sinning caused the water canopy to bust, releasing all that water, which flooded the Earth. It also busted all the water out of the ground, which, together with the sky-water, created the oceans we see today. After the Very Special Biosphere was no more, all the dinos died off, and the atmosphere changed, and that (along with human sin) caused more and more detrimental mutations to human bodies, to where we're lucky to see 70 or 80 nowadays.

Not kidding, not even a little bit. Here, have a space couch.

Hi there, fellow canopy-theory-educated buddy. I remember those days.

On another note, any (larger) source on the astronaut couch picture? I would honestly love a print in my office.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Kitsch! posted:

On another note, any (larger) source on the astronaut couch picture? I would honestly love a print in my office.

http://i.imgur.com/dv8q2na.jpg

e: for your future use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-by-image-by-google/dajedkncpodkggklbegccjpmnglmnflm?hl=en

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

Fantastic, thanks.

NorskHotDog
Oct 23, 2010

Snowy posted:

I always feel bad for the next Dorothy in line.

So am I the only one that thinks it is some chicks cleavage and not a butt?

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

NorskHotDog posted:

Fortunately.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Thanks for this link. I love old advertisement artwork.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
So the giant purse picture wasn't about the girl pressing her face against the glass? She's a wonder.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

NorskHotDog posted:

You just blew my mind, that hadn't occurred to me for a second. I don't know which is right but I'm going with your version.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

This was a real campaign Durex condoms ran in Thailand. I think its pretty smart.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

Snowy posted:

You just blew my mind, that hadn't occurred to me for a second. I don't know which is right but I'm going with your version.

I know which is right. The butt. It's a butt.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

NorskHotDog posted:

You can see the jeans at the very bottom of the hole.

(Take your pick of which hole I meant.)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
We've known each other many years, but this is the first time you ever came to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time that you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee, even though my wife is godmother to your only child. But let's be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And, uh, you were afraid to be in my debt.

You found paradise in America, you had a good trade, you made a good living. The police protected you and there were courts of law. You didn't need a friend like me. But, now you come to me, and you say: "Don Squireleone, give me justice." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Cobfather. Instead, you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to do murder for money...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Apr 29, 2013

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Kitsch! posted:

Sorry, I found it years ago on some collection of public domain pictures. I can't remember if it was an ad for some new space-age upholstery or a weird sci-if mag/paperback cover.

Edit: Oh. Cool.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

His wonderful Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Wolf

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

I tried the longest time to avoid finding out what this guy looked like, the reality could never be good enough to fully represent a man who caused me to should "WOLF DICK" at the TV every time an episode of Law and Order ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Source: http://imgur.com/a/HGtG0

• Locked thread