Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oldboy
Sep 16, 2010
Installing this now but kind of umming and ahhhing about it. Goon presence seems cool though so that might keep me interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

swatjr posted:

I raid 3 nights a week and play this on my off nights other than friday. Friday i play the get drunk game. I also play FIFA but haven't in a while. I have 50 funbux for ps2 from nvidia not sure if i want another money sink though.

If you could share somehow...that would be great as well. Not sure if it is a single code though. If it is a single code then yeah the other goon asked first.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
First person to quote me with their IGN gets a free ak470 perm & bolt action perm.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

njark posted:

First person to quote me with their IGN gets a free ak470 perm & bolt action perm.

If it's EU, I'll take it. Name is moderatepudding.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

garth ferengi posted:

Sorry US server only :(

Oldboy
Sep 16, 2010

njark posted:

zakone. If it works thank you :)

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So tonight we ran into this guy.

I call it assmad.png. If you see him, please shoot him in the face with an AK and tell him MajorLazer says hi.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I think I found my new camo combo. :allears:

If I can't be Agent Chrome then I will be Sgt. Benjamin

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 27, 2013

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

Oldboy posted:

zakone. If it works thank you :)

You've got mail enjoy :)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Goddammit. I keep getting blinded when I ADS on the AK. :( Makes it hard to aim when I REALLY NEED TO.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

The good news from tonight is that I got a permanent receiver from a mission chance pack that I had not permed already.

The bad news is that it is the Shotgun AR-k. The fart gun. And then I blow through about 20k gp perming sark specific parts to make a gun that looks kind of cool.

This "gun" is such a travesty :suicide:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Azzanadra posted:

The good news from tonight is that I got a permanent receiver from a mission chance pack that I had not permed already.

The bad news is that it is the Shotgun AR-k. The fart gun. And then I blow through about 20k gp perming sark specific parts to make a gun that looks kind of cool.

This "gun" is such a travesty :suicide:
I'm so, so sorry.

I too found out that I got a permanent receiver. The Breech-Loaded Pistol.

I guess I could go and troll newbies with it. Or try and stick people.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Jumpoff posted:

So tonight we ran into this guy.

I call it assmad.png. If you see him, please shoot him in the face with an AK and tell him MajorLazer says hi.

Hahaha, this moron thinks the AR-K is worth using for any reason.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

garth ferengi posted:

Dammit, moderatepudding, come back to US so I can once again bitch about how I can't go toe-to-toe with you. I really miss those days. :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What is the breech-loaded pistol good for anyways? I tried it when it came out and it didn't impress me so I didn't perm it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

-Troika- posted:

What is the breech-loaded pistol good for anyways? I tried it when it came out and it didn't impress me so I didn't perm it.

If you don't use your secondary often then it's free direct fire grenades/flares.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

-Troika- posted:

It has infinite range with the grenade and flare, so it's a great weapon to piss off those self-styled elite snipers.
Also, stick two flares on a hardsuit and you kill the pilot inside.

Lima fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 27, 2013

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Does anyone know if the weapon swap times are variable/based on the gun you're switching too?

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Mauser posted:

Does anyone know if the weapon swap times are variable/based on the gun you're switching too?

They can be, depending what you swap to; most receivers and secondaries are going to have either the same swap time (or so close you can't tell), but certain equipment in particular readies faster/slower than others - the difference between swapping to a combat knife and swapping to the machete is pretty absurd. I at least haven't noticed enough of a difference with the weapon swap speed tags to make them even remotely worthwhile, but that's me.

Note this is based on nothing in particular save loads of experience getting killed mid-swap. Part of me wants to say I read that the light pistol comes out faster than other secondaries but I might well be confusing that with another game at the moment.

Also I managed to get two of the exact same emote from chance packs in one round. Thanks, odds!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Mauser posted:

I can confirm that pulling out the Shotgun takes longer than the handguns, and throwing a weapon-swap-speed tag on your primary makes pulling out the shotgun much faster.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Dammit, moderatepudding, come back to US so I can once again bitch about how I can't go toe-to-toe with you. I really miss those days. :(

I've been trying to play the last few weeks, since someone bought me the Onslaught Gold pack, but I think the recoil changes have turned me into the worst player in the entire game. I'm flattered that you remember me, though!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

garth ferengi posted:

I've been trying to play the last few weeks, since someone bought me the Onslaught Gold pack, but I think the recoil changes have turned me into the worst player in the entire game. I'm flattered that you remember me, though!

So instead of working tickets Friday I decided to spend two hours making this:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Today, Switch made fun of my AK for being funny looking. :( It's not my fault I don't have enough money. It's SPECIAL, okay?! :saddowns:

:v:

Good playing with you. I'm pretty bad, as you could see.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Artificer posted:

Today, Switch made fun of my AK for being funny looking. :( It's not my fault I don't have enough money. It's SPECIAL, okay?! :saddowns:

:v:

Good playing with you. I'm pretty bad, as you could see.

It's ok, he called my shotgun dumb looking too.

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 27, 2013

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer
Why bother with subtly when you can blow a hole through God's torso.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

It's Ok, he called my shotgun dumb looking too [pic]

I don't have much room to talk.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I don't have much room to talk.

You stole my sight you rear end in a top hat.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I feel like a sight on a shotgun is more than pointless.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Mauser posted:

I feel like a sight on a shotgun is more than pointless.

But it changes the name!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I tend to make sure my guns don't look too stupid, as there is almost always an identical or very similar build that isn't ugly, but I make an exception for my speedy bolt action build. That gun is just retarded and there's no helping it:

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Downloaded mumble, but I can't make it work with my microphone :saddowns: I can hear you gents just fine though!
Ah well, my moonspeak curses would probably tire you pretty fast.

NihilCredo posted:

I tend to make sure my guns don't look too stupid, as there is almost always an identical or very similar build that isn't ugly, but I make an exception for my speedy bolt action build. That gun is just retarded and there's no helping it:

My condolences :stare:

Lima fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 28, 2013

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about, that's an amazing looking rifle. My favorite part of this game is just making the dumbest looking poo poo I possibly can.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Feast your eyes on this beauty!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Feast your eyes on this beauty!

gently caress, it looks even better in the weapon preview.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

gently caress, it looks even better in the weapon preview.

It's actually good too :ssh:

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Lima posted:

Downloaded mumble, but I can't make it work with my microphone :saddowns: I can hear you gents just fine though!
Ah well, my moonspeak curses would probably tire you pretty fast.

My condolences :stare:

Check your audio settings in mumble make sure your Mic is the output device

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

swatjr posted:

Check your audio settings in mumble make sure your Mic is the output device

That poo poo happens to me all the time especially if my mic isn't plugged in when I launch Mumble.

In other news: I made a hip-fire combat rifle.

Also this lovely run-fast shotgun.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

That poo poo happens to me all the time especially if my mic isn't plugged in when I launch Mumble.

In other news: I made a hip-fire combat rifle.

I love that your combat rifle has 2 different iron signs AND a scope on it.

EnemyNation
Aug 30, 2003

So this happened and was pretty useful. I could shoot and everything. It lasted until I died.

EnemyNation fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
This thing is kinda insane.

Just about long range confrontations and anything mid/close range is melted. Proof:

• Locked thread