Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man, gently caress all ya'll. Won't be spilling drinks with any of you. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Okay, Jacob.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jacob is such an outcast. There's nothing special about him compared to every other teammate across all 3 games. He didn't found the most powerful merc group in the Terminus systems, he's not the best assassin or thief, he didn't have any interesting war stories, and he isn't a genetically superior example of his species.

He probably has the most hilarious romance scene, though. The Priiiiiiiiiize......

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DrNutt posted:

Man, gently caress all ya'll. Won't be spilling drinks with any of you. :colbert:

Hey DrNutt, feel like talking?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jerusalem posted:

Hey DrNutt, feel like talking?

Already? I'm not big on forcing these talks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DrNutt posted:

I should go.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

DrNutt posted:

I'm just interested in..."talking" a little bit :wink:

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Jerusalem posted:

Anybody remember this piece of fanart that came out shortly after Mass Effect 2 did? I've never quite been sure if Jacob's absence is due to racism, the artist disliking the character or (my personal favorite) the artist just plain forgetting Jacob existed.

Kasumi's not there either but this predates her DLC.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Zaeed with a Cain? Might as well just shoot yourself now. Nobody but him is walking away from that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh awesome, I had no idea this existed, thanks!

Edit: Plus Garrus is front and center where he belongs.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The OP refers to a glitch where you don't get a whole bunch of Ken and Gabby's dialogue if Kaidan survived Virmire. Does that still happen, or has it been patched out?

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

morcant posted:

In the Citadel DLC, if FemShep is unromanced and you don't hook up with anyone else at the party, you'll wake up next to Javik in the morning.

So it's basically impossible to finish the series without "romancing" someone? Unless you just skip the party, I guess? Or does something else trigger sleeping with Javik as well?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Instant Grat posted:

The OP refers to a glitch where you don't get a whole bunch of Ken and Gabby's dialogue if Kaidan survived Virmire. Does that still happen, or has it been patched out?

Pretty sure that's fixed now. Before you'd just get the one chat saying "thanks for getting us out of jail, commander" and nothing else, now you get the full 'Ken perving over the crew while Gabby gets increasingly vexed' shtick all the way to its unsurprising conclusion.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Sentinel Red posted:

Pretty sure that's fixed now. Before you'd just get the one chat saying "thanks for getting us out of jail, commander" and nothing else, now you get the full 'Ken perving over the crew while Gabby gets increasingly vexed' shtick all the way to its unsurprising conclusion.

Thanks yo.

Also, out of curiosity, I'm completely new to the internet fanbase-side of Mass Effect, can someone explain what's so bad about people who like Tali (referencing that spiral image in the OP)? I really like Tali... :(

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I just love the idea that the last person Shepard bangs is a Prothean. Then, nine months later, we find out that Protheans all have the ability to bear children.

quote:

Also, out of curiosity, I'm completely new to the internet fanbase-side of Mass Effect, can someone explain what's so bad about people who like Tali (referencing that spiral image in the OP)? I really like Tali...

Quarian sweat.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Jesus cunting christ

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Il Federale posted:

So it's basically impossible to finish the series without "romancing" someone? Unless you just skip the party, I guess? Or does something else trigger sleeping with Javik as well?

It doesn't trigger anything else, to my knowledge. I'm not sure what happens if you've got a MaleShep and haven't hooked up with anyone, but I don't think anything happens.

Then again, I've only played through the party and had everyone get drunk as hell, so maybe that doesn't happen if you just have a quiet night in?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Instant Grat posted:

Jesus cunting christ

So creepy, Bioware even went so far to reference it/call the arch-spergs out in the Citadel DLC.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Speaking of Tali references, I did like that they also gave her one about spiders, in honour of that awesome comic strip someone made.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

NwahNerevar posted:

So creepy, Bioware even went so far to reference it/call the arch-spergs out in the Citadel DLC.

Holy... They got all the weird Talimancer references there: "No, that gets handled by my suit! Those are just my hips!" "Don't do that in my helmet, it just gunks up the filters!" :staredog:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Milky Moor posted:

Holy... They got all the weird Talimancer references there: "No, that gets handled by my suit! Those are just my hips!" "Don't do that in my helmet, it just gunks up the filters!" :staredog:
There's a whole lot of self-/fan-referential stuff in the Citadel party and it's generally hysterical.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Milky Moor posted:

I...I need to know what those two quotes relate to. Every time I stare into the abyss it blinks, and I am forced to lend my gaze deeper still down its inky depths.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Drifter posted:

I...I need to know what those two quotes relate to. Every time I stare into the abyss it blinks, and I am forced to lend my gaze deeper still down its inky depths.

"It just smells like sweat. Why would you even ask that?" - This is most definitely a reference to tali_sweat.txt

"No, that gets broken down with mass effect fields. Those are just my hips..." - Fans constantly wondering how she poops with that suit on.

"Don't do that in my helmet, It just gunks up the filters." - Probably referencing creepy internet weirdos fantasizing about ejaculating in her helmet. :gonk:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

VirtualStranger posted:

"Don't do that in my helmet, It just gunks up the filters." - Probably referencing creepy internet weirdos fantasizing about ejaculating in her helmet. :gonk:

Correct. Someone on the Bioware forums even went as far as posting either a link to some other forum or some really hosed up Youtube "video" showing a really, really lovely poem about
how he loves Tali, wants to have a romantic dinner with her only to end the evening by drilling a hole in her helmet, make her sound as if she had an appointment at the dentist and finish it off by flooding her helmet so she can gag on his glorious man juice to truly worship him.

No joke. The reactions to that?

Hell yeah!
Amen brother!
Good show, bro!

etc. pp.

Truly epic and only rivaled by some Nexus topics. :suicide:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VirtualStranger posted:

"No, that gets broken down with mass effect fields. Those are just my hips..." - Fans constantly wondering how she poops with that suit on.

I love how literally anything in the series can be handwaved away with mass effect fields.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

I love how literally anything in the series can be handwaved away with mass effect fields.

Cancer? Nah, the Mass Effect fields sent it into remission.
Running late? Nah, Mass Effect fields'll bend some space-time for me so I get there early.
Oversalted my stew? Mass Effect'll suck out the extra.

The number one reality TV show on earth better be a group of chimpanzees (or toddlers) running around with portable mass effect field generators. It's truly the only thing worth watching.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
On my current playthrough I need to make a pre-party save so I can run through all the permutations of that thing because I haven't seen half of it (and I've done it 3 times now) :stare:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

On my current playthrough I need to make a pre-party save so I can run through all the permutations of that thing because I haven't seen half of it (and I've done it 3 times now) :stare:

What exactly are all the permutations? Do you just get the same two options at every stage, or are there points where the available options are different depending on what you chose before?

I guess I'm asking for a flowchart about a party in a video game. Boy I wish I was more interesting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welp as part of my attempt to see things play out differently in my current run through the trilogy, I just handed over Legion to Cerberus to study.

I need to go have a cold shower, sit in a corner and think about what kind of a monster I've allowed myself to become :smith:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Jerusalem posted:

Welp as part of my attempt to see things play out differently in my current run through the trilogy, I just handed over Legion to Cerberus to study.

I need to go have a cold shower, sit in a corner and think about what kind of a monster I've allowed myself to become :smith:

I hope you've also handed Veetor to Cerberus and done Tali's loyalty mission :v:

(No actually I don't because you'd be a horrible person for doing that :colbert:)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

What exactly are all the permutations? Do you just get the same two options at every stage, or are there points where the available options are different depending on what you chose before?

I guess I'm asking for a flowchart about a party in a video game. Boy I wish I was more interesting

I believe that everything is the same depending on the type of party you pick and/or switch to. So if you start with a quiet party and then switch to a wild one in the second stage, that second stage will be the same as if you started with a wild party and chose a wild party for the next stage as well. But I've only done the thing once so far so I can't say for sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burning Mustache posted:

I hope you've also handed Veetor to Cerberus and done Tali's loyalty mission :v:

(No actually I don't because you'd be a horrible person for doing that :colbert:)

I'm running under the concept of Shepard doing everything she can to save/help all organic species EXCEPT for the Krogan, and she doesn't trust synthetic life at all. So Wrex is dead, Maelon's research is destroyed, Grunt is still in his birthing pod, Legion has been handed over to Cerberus and in Mass Effect 3 I am going to sabotage the genophage cure, help the Quarians wipe out the Geth and insist that Joker and EDI keep things as professional as possible before I let her die at the very end of the game when I go with the Destroy ending and I feel absolutely horrible about doing almost all of it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

You are a monster.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Jerusalem posted:

I'm running under the concept of Shepard doing everything she can to save/help all organic species EXCEPT for the Krogan, and she doesn't trust synthetic life at all. So Wrex is dead, Maelon's research is destroyed, Grunt is still in his birthing pod, Legion has been handed over to Cerberus and in Mass Effect 3 I am going to sabotage the genophage cure, help the Quarians wipe out the Geth and insist that Joker and EDI keep things as professional as possible before I let her die at the very end of the game when I go with the Destroy ending and I feel absolutely horrible about doing almost all of it.

Godspeed, sir. For some reason, I can never stand to be the rear end in a top hat in video games. I have to be nice and help everyone and use dialogue options to circumvent every fight. I don't like hurting the feelings of imaginary polygon people I guess. :saddowns:

Although, if for some reason I get to that point and somehow don't have the Paragon points to cover it, I could almost pick the Geth over the Quarians, because those guys are total assholes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

morcant posted:

Godspeed, sir. For some reason, I can never stand to be the rear end in a top hat in video games. I have to be nice and help everyone and use dialogue options to circumvent every fight. I don't like hurting the feelings of imaginary polygon people I guess. :saddowns:

My original plan was to be a complete space-racist and only be nice to humans and screw over aliens as much as possible, but then I bumped into Garrus and he said,"Can I come too?" and I couldn't say no to my space-bro :shobon:

I'd feel bad about Wrex but I manipulated Ashley into killing him, yelled at her and then left her to die on Virmire :angel:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Jerusalem posted:

I thought videogames were supposed to be fun :cry:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

My original plan was to be a complete space-racist and only be nice to humans and screw over aliens as much as possible, but then I bumped into Garrus and he said,"Can I come too?" and I couldn't say no to my space-bro :shobon:

I'd feel bad about Wrex but I manipulated Ashley into killing him, yelled at her and then left her to die on Virmire :angel:

Well, Garrus isn't ones of :turianass: those :turianass: sorts of Turian, so that's okay. You have an alien friend, so you're not racist! Though leaving Ashley to die after chewing her out for being a failure is pretty terrible/awesome.

On the plus side, sabotaging the genophage means you might get to keep Mordin alive, though I don't know that your Shep would really care about that. Also, not that it really matters I guess, but are you doing MaleShep or FemShep? Romancing anyone? Tell me more about the canon for your spaceracist Shep. :allears:

e: Noticed you said "she". Yay FemShep!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My first runthrough was a "save everybody!" male Shepard who took mostly renegade choices but was very much a military man - obey the chain of command, save the council, sacrifice the fifth fleet if necessary etc - who ended up shifting to mainly paragon by the end of ME3. I didn't bother romancing anyone but somehow ended up with Ashley as my girlfriend :confused:

This run is an Infiltrator Shepard who started off paragon but will probably go mostly renegade in ME3 because she's sick of people not listening when she warns them about the giant space monsters. Again I didn't bother romancing anyone in ME1 and still somehow ended up with Kaidan as my boyfriend, so I decided to actively have my Shepard pursue Garrus instead because he's way more interesting and he backs me up when I say I'm not actually working for Cerberus (plus I want to see the dancing scene in the Citadel DLC for ME3) :haw:

And yes, even though it was a wonderful ending for the character, I do care very much about saving Mordin on Tuchanka in ME3.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Some space-racist you are, if you left Ashley to die. Consider she probably moderated space-Stormfront or whatever, how could leave behind that kindred spirit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chasiubao posted:

Some space-racist you are, if you left Ashley to die. Consider she probably moderated space-Stormfront or whatever, how could leave behind that kindred spirit?

Ashley isn't racist, remember in ME1 she starts a sentence with,"I'm not racist, but...." and we all know that makes her immune for the accusation!

• Locked thread