Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I just got an assassin sent after me for saving too many monsters and found that it's really not so bad. You just have to kill them and you get their stuff and move on. I don't know if this is only true at the beginning or what, but it makes divinity seem like a viable choice.

You can actually get a bunch of sigils by getting both the LE and SE version of the different assassins' souls. So, save them once during a fight before you sacrifice them to get everything. This just means you'll have to beat them twice in one fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

AlternateNu posted:

You can actually get a bunch of sigils by getting both the LE and SE version of the different assassins' souls. So, save them once during a fight before you sacrifice them to get everything. This just means you'll have to beat them twice in one fight.

This doesn't actually work. You can't get multiple essences from the same person. If you've saved them once in a fight you will get their LE but then if you sac them you will get nothing. No cheating the system. Have to play it multiple times.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Has anyone gotten the trophy for completing a mission with only one spell?

I've done 2 missions, 1 Avalon Pact and 1 story mission, with only the Blood Torrent or whatever equipped, and not used any of the field spells, but no trophy yet.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Annath posted:

Has anyone gotten the trophy for completing a mission with only one spell?

I've done 2 missions, 1 Avalon Pact and 1 story mission, with only the Blood Torrent or whatever equipped, and not used any of the field spells, but no trophy yet.

You have to beat an archfiend, I think. Regular monsters don't count.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Who is down for some multiplayer? I'm sick of Carnatux's fat rear end knocking me down.

PSN: IGOTMAIL

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Belzac posted:

The screen

This doesn't count. I have to hunt for spells across a ton of menus just to find the one I want.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got frustrated at the final boss and then killed him. The end

Ending talk
The save path has you turning into another book to be read... if a sequel happens it'll be REALLY loving lame to have the exact same set up. Flipside you just turn into Magusaur at the end and... just unsure how I feel about leaving that much open, I like the story and by itself it's great, just the endings have me concerned with the plot of the next game

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 3, 2013

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

How did you not expect that? Both endings are incredibly obvious before you even begin the fight if you've been following the story at all.

who cares about plot anyway this is a game about hunting monsters

Emalde fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 3, 2013

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Emalde and CoolGuy posted:

Talking about the ending.

Maybe edit the spoilers out of both posts for a little bit? Hasn't even been a week yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Emalde posted:

How did you not expect that? Both endings are incredibly obvious before you even begin the fight if you've been following the story at all.

who cares about plot anyway this is a game about hunting monsters

I knew how it was going to end, I'm more asking how they'll make a sequel and make the story different going off the endings

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Hmmmph. I entered the DLC code I got from ShopTo and it's not given me the DLC spells or the costume that I wanted. It did however install half a gig worth of useless Japanese audio onto my precious memory card than I now can't seem to get rid of.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind.

stev fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 3, 2013

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Leyburn posted:

Hmmmph. I entered the DLC code I got from ShopTo and it's not given me the DLC spells or the costume that I wanted. It did however install half a gig worth of useless Japanese audio onto my precious memory card than I now can't seem to get rid of.

Did you read the very specific instructions about picking them up at the peddler, and then follow those instructions?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
The only instruction I got was 'here is your DLC code'.

Have I hosed it?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
How do you get new outfits?

What's a Divine Arm?

How does this game work? Any wikis? Please help...it's Demon Souls all over again.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

How do you get new outfits?

What's a Divine Arm?

How does this game work? Any wikis? Please help...it's Demon Souls all over again.

Pretty much just by playing the game. It seems every few new missions I finish will add a color or a new outfit.

Divine Arm means that your Life level is a certain chunk higher than your Magic level, starting at one level. This gives it an increasingly angelic appearance as the difference increases.

Really, though, it's not too complicated. You pick your loadout, sometimes pick your allies, and then go kill monsters or a big monster. When you kill them, you either Save them or Sacrifice them. Each has it's own benefits that are pretty obvious in game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Tricky posted:

Pretty much just by playing the game. It seems every few new missions I finish will add a color or a new outfit.

Divine Arm means that your Life level is a certain chunk higher than your Magic level, starting at one level. This gives it an increasingly angelic appearance as the difference increases.

Really, though, it's not too complicated. You pick your loadout, sometimes pick your allies, and then go kill monsters or a big monster. When you kill them, you either Save them or Sacrifice them. Each has it's own benefits that are pretty obvious in game.

I've gotten through the Sorcerer's Ordeal and killed the Elven Princess and have received one outfit in one color. But ok, I'll keep trying I guess.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
You get a lot more outfits a lot faster online, I've found.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I'm not sure about outfits (which seem to come randomly but regularly) but I know some outfit colours come from doing certain things while wearing said outfit. I'll spoiler it in case someone wants to figure it out for themselves.
I heard it was 100 saves for a boss monster for a white outfit, 100 sacrifices total for a black outfit and if you do both with the same outfit you get a gold option

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
How to get your pre-order DLC

Here's a quick guide on how to get your starter spells and costumes since there's a lot of confusion. First start by opening the PSN Store app, select the "..." in the botton right, and redeem your code:

You can also enter your online pass while you're here or the PSN code for the Spirit's Wing.

Next launch the game and play through the whole prologue chapter. It's about 7 missions. After that you'll unlock the Network option.

From not reading Librom you're gonna want do: Librom -> Network -> Peddler.

Select this and you're almost there. Select Claim Gift. This is will give you two "caskets" one has the costume, one has the spells. You can also use this to trade base version of spells around with your near friends.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
Is there some way I can set my Vita to not go into standby while I'm downloading something? I'd like to just leave this game to download without having to hit a button every few minutes. Obviously it's not a huge deal but if there's something I can do then that'd be cool.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Stiggs posted:

Is there some way I can set my Vita to not go into standby while I'm downloading something? I'd like to just leave this game to download without having to hit a button every few minutes. Obviously it's not a huge deal but if there's something I can do then that'd be cool.

Mine does this too. Bugs the hell out of me.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Stiggs posted:

What do you mean? If I'm remembering correctly the Vita still downloads in standby. I left all my downloads going for various things and left the Vita to do what it wanted and it downloaded each time

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Sputty posted:

What do you mean? If I'm remembering correctly the Vita still downloads in standby. I left all my downloads going for various things and left the Vita to do what it wanted and it downloaded each time

Whenever it goes into standby for me, all my downloads get paused. I have to manually resume them each time. :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Stiggs posted:

Whenever it goes into standby for me, all my downloads get paused. I have to manually resume them each time. :(

There's a menu option somewhere in Settings that turns off the network during power save mode. That might be the problem.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I preordered around wednesday(I'm in the UK) where do i get the code for the extra stuff? Also are the fights more difficult than the demo? It seemed like Harpy did more attacks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if it's the game or my connection but last night me and a friend went all through one of the Avalon chapters, then I kept getting disconnected with giant NETWORK ERROR! messages. Bit concerning.

Also in the 4th set of missions there's some quests I can't get to and not sure how. I've saved/ sacrificed all the bosses I could and I've beaten the game, I even finished the next "chapter" entirely.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also in the 4th set of missions there's some quests I can't get to and not sure how. I've saved/ sacrificed all the bosses I could and I've beaten the game, I even finished the next "chapter" entirely.

Just do literally every quest, including the Fellow Sorceror ones and whatever. You should eventually get everything unlocked.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Emalde posted:

Just do literally every quest, including the Fellow Sorceror ones and whatever. You should eventually get everything unlocked.

Yeah I'm done with all the fellow sorcerer ones and every single quest before this set is finished, and the next full chapter after those is finished as well.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Hooray, my copy just arrived today! Unfortunately I'm not going to have much time to play it yet, but I'm looking forward to playing with goons.

The Big Lebowski
Nov 13, 2000

Pillbug
I need some people to play with, this is a blast.

PSN: Demnos

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Stiggs posted:

I've heard that the reason that there's no way to turn standby off, because OLED screens are pretty susceptible to burn-in, which makes some sense.

Anyway, I also had this problem where I needed to find a way to disable standby in order for downloads to complete, because the download would also pause a few minutes after entering standby. The best way I found to counteract this issue, is to use the video app to play some long videos (which can be put on repeat and continuous playback) so that there's moving images on the screen (hopefully preventing any burn-in) and the Vita will not enter standby while playing the videos. I had two, hour long, tv shows just playing on the app while my download was going in the background (which took me almost 20 hours).

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Stiggs posted:

There's an option in the Vita settings under Power Save Settings. Just got to look for it.

Edit: Settings -> Power Save Settings -> Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode.

Turn this on they just let your vita go to sleep (don't hit the power button).

Belzac fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 4, 2013

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. There is a plague doctor costume in this game. It looks awesome.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The costumes are all great. I'm pretty sure I spotted a Sauron-style outfit in an online game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If I change the sigil on my arm and I ant to change back, do I have to re-buy the original sigil?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Also, I suppose you can have all arm models from the other special sorcerers? I really want Militar's, provided his arm sigil bonus is good enough.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Can somebody give me some tips on beating Cereberus the first time you meet him. I am getting my rear end handed to me it and is serving as a reminder that no matter how much I like these kind of games, I am terrible at them. Also, not sure if that should have been spoilered or not since it is so early in the game, and possibly even on the demo, but better safe than sorry

edit: Never mind, I am a moron and should have read the previous page in this same thread. Sorry about that.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 4, 2013

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Alright, boss missions that dump you without allies are kind of bullshit. You pretty much can't gently caress up, and the chances of that are compounded by the fact that refreshing offerings is a huge goddamn risk.

Seriously, gently caress this werewolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just load up on ice based range spells and an Ice Golem + shield and he's pretty harmless.

• Locked thread