Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He played something from Ocean Machine in Dublin tonight, not sure which but it wasn't Life!

Gig was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He played something from Ocean Machine in Dublin tonight, not sure which but it wasn't Life!

Dig through this to find out.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
He said he'd like to revisit more Physicist songs like he did with Kingdom. Is there any word which songs he'd do? I really hope he gives Irish Maiden another shot.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
That little Ziltoid clip sounds pretty great. Really looking forward to another Ziltoid album.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

Revol posted:

He said he'd like to revisit more Physicist songs like he did with Kingdom. Is there any word which songs he'd do? I really hope he gives Irish Maiden another shot.

Oh yeah, Irish Maiden could be so rocking if only the sound wasn't quite so flat.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I would Love Namaste. It's like SYL's Detox but (slightly) less angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PjT9qzNR0g

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Planet Rain with Epicloud's production would be the best thing.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The whole record, really. (Material is probably my favorite Devy song, bar none.)

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Is there any word on a Retinal Circus DVD yet?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Dig through this to find out.

It was Regulated.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Gah. gently caress you Oztix.

Tickets for his Melbourne show went on sale today at 9:00. VIP Packages were being sold through Oztix.

I was on at 9:00AM. I watched their little green countdown and I couldn't get a VIP ticket.

So I went and got regular tickets and was happy with that.

Then my mate got a VIP package at about 9:30AM. They were sold out quickly after.

I'm psyched to still see the show, but Oztix just turned away a customer who was happy to pay a lot more with a bungled ticket launch. Bastards.

General Apathy
Apr 5, 2009
As poo poo as Oztix are at least you get to go see him, he's not coming to Adelaide this time..

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I hope they make a few more of those guernseys, they looked cool. Should be a fun show though, the Palace is way better than billboard.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
Retinal Circus Teaser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Gwtep2oXw

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
That's going to be amazing! Any word on a release date?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Jesus, that is absolutely beautiful. Gives me a whole new appreciation of that song.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress.

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

He͔̻̖͕ ͕͈̺͕̜c̯̜͇̲o̜͖̦m͙es͔̞̬̗͙.̥
I literally can't wait to own this on Blu-ray so I can watch it 100 times over.

Side note though: Anybody else notice the vein on the right side of Devin's head that's basically looks like it's about to burst?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Jesus, that is absolutely beautiful. Gives me a whole new appreciation of that song.

He played Grace when I saw him in Tampa Bay, and I had the exact same reaction. Granted, while I can't watch the video from work, I'm assuming it had a much larger production than the show I saw.

Same goes for More! too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:woop:Holy poo poo!:woop:

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat :what:

That is totes banaynay. Is this supposed to be an Internet TV show?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Zalgo posted:

Side note though: Anybody else notice the vein on the right side of Devin's head that's basically looks like it's about to burst?

I was wondering what was up with that. Looks too dark to be a vein, though. I thought maybe it was some makeup or something.

Ziltoid TV show could be really great.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

This thing also popped up today?

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/serj-tankian-devin-townsend-ihsahn-to-feature-on-revolution-harmony-charity-single-we-are/

It's...a song I guess.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

I was wondering what was up with that. Looks too dark to be a vein, though. I thought maybe it was some makeup or something.

Ziltoid TV show could be really great.

Yeah, he was wearing corpse paint for a reason I can't really fathom.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
I don't think I'm going to listen to the studio version of Grace ever again after this comes out.

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
Anneke has an amazing voice. That was an incredible performance by all involved.

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

Uploaded this to share with a friend, but idk how I managed to miss out on the iTunes bonus tracks to Epicloud until now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrawQHnBbVA

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I was at the Retinal show but had so much beer its all a blur. I remember all the confetti at the end as well as huge dancing vaginas at one point. Looking forward to reliving this with some relative coherence.

I'm also happy to hear the mixing is clear. I was really disappointed in how the live Deconstruction album sounded so muddy.

Also, I know i'm in the vast minority here, but he needs to lay off the Anneke. I love his vocals so much while hers sound so..childlike and overly 'sweet'. Dunno, I know people have a lot of love for her but I just find that she is used a little too much.

henpod fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 26, 2013

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

henpod posted:

I'm also happy to hear the mixing is clear. I was really disappointed in how the live Deconstruction album sounded so muddy.

I totally agree. It's muddy, and there is distortion noise or something, too. The recording of Pixillate is pretty disappointing, too, which was something I really was looking forward to.

henpod posted:

Also, I know i'm in the vast minority here, but he needs to lay off the Anneke. I love his vocals so much while hers sound so..childlike and overly 'sweet'. Dunno, I know people have a lot of love for her but I just find that she is used a little too much.

I totally disagree. Not that I expect her to be regular contributor. But I do really enjoy her.

Revol fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 26, 2013

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

She's been a pretty heavy contributor for 2 albums now but tbh she's one of my favourite female voices in metal so I don't mind that one bit.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I liked The Gathering so I really like Anneke. It is odd to hear her sounding so happy though. It's like the stuff she's done recently is just to break free of the dour stuff she did with The Gathering and Agua De Annique.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

So... Monday. Maybe. I know he's given a bunch of dates before, but I don't recall any of them being "next week-ish". Here's to hoping it's at least sometime this month.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Just got the shipping notification for my SYL box and pretty much poo poo myself in excitement. Been anticipating this for ages now, I think it was first announced 2 Christmas' ago? Also, I love Anneke's voice, she totally makes those albums for me and goddamn does she sound good live.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I had never heard of this man before, but holy poo poo. I started listening to Ki and Addicted! and I love them both - this is what metal should be.

It reminds me a lot of Ayreon, and even better, Devin has worked with Arjen on a few albums. I'm going to reevaluate those once I get through more of Devin's work.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Synchestra is Devin's best sounding album. Discuss.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I was listening to Planet of the Apes when I drove into a gas station. It was nearing the best part of the album when I got out of the car to get the gas. I continued to sing the song in my head. Without realizing it, I sang out loud the last verse to the section I was listening to.

"I've got a little boneeerr"

I was lucky, nobody was around me to hear what I just said. Remember, kids; practice caution when singing Devin Townsend lyrics in public.

Hammer Floyd posted:

Synchestra is Devin's best sounding album. Discuss.

Synchestra is certainly one of his best albums. It is one of my favorites. The production is near perfect (I don't know what real perfection would sound like?), and it gave me Pixillate, which instantly became one of my all-time favorite songs.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Revol posted:

The production is near perfect (I don't know what real perfection would sound like?)

Rage Against the Machine

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

TheChaosPath posted:

Rage Against the Machine

:allears:

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
^^ Hard to argue with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

My SYL Splatter Vinyl box set finally shipped, now to vibrate in a corner until it arrives :supaburn:

• Locked thread