Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

"You may experience the emptiness with me if you wish" is the one sentence in TNG that perfectly encapsulates the experience of watching TNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Evil Dead 2 & Army of Darkness on sale via Mondo tomorrow.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I actually like that first one. The second blows though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
At least the second isn't just a character collage. It looks a hell of alot better than the other posters the artist has done lately.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
The first one works as an appropriate Evil Dead: The Comic Book poster.

The second one is hideous.

Seriously, just look at its original posters and then take a look at that ugly as sin piece of poo poo.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 8, 2013

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It looks like hair is streaming from the necronomicon. The closeups look a little better tho: http://blog.mondotees.com/2013/05/08/army-of-darkness-evil-dead-2-and-mondonomicon-on-sale-info/

But I think ill just be going for the Evil Dead 2 one.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The first one works as an appropriate Evil Dead: The Comic Book poster.

The second one is hideous.

Gotta agree with this, first one is perfect for a random issue of an Evil Dead comic book. Second one is close to make me cry.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Vintersorg posted:

It looks like hair is streaming from the necronomicon. The closeups look a little better tho: http://blog.mondotees.com/2013/05/08/army-of-darkness-evil-dead-2-and-mondonomicon-on-sale-info/

But I think ill just be going for the Evil Dead 2 one.

The colours look way better on the actual product, but it's still bad.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Evil Ash looks like he has a beard instead of a wounded jaw.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Bad moon posters

What do the other dots represent?

Why is that one "moon" in bold?

Why is the poster implying it's Gerty's story?

Why are Gerty's eyes moons besides "lol its called moon"?

The focus on the Gery makes me think the people who made these posters were children who can only identify/like the cartoon character faces.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

A bit boring but this seems to be the look of several Coen brothers posters. Excited as hell about the film though.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I'm gonna be contrarian here and say I actually prefer the second poster. Its a lot more interesting and distinctive than the first, and that kind of linework that's really heavy on textures and muted colours behind that is something I've seen a lot less than the first posters pretty standard painting. Its perhaps a little too crowded and the colours a bit too subdued to make a good poster, but I think its more interesting as a bit of art/design.

Having never seen any of the films I'd just guess that the first fits the kind of cheesy 80s style of the film more? That kind of dramatic painted poster seems very 80s.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Came across this poster, felt the need to share it.
Because...

drat.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Red Bones posted:

I'm gonna be contrarian here and say I actually prefer the second poster. Its a lot more interesting and distinctive than the first, and that kind of linework that's really heavy on textures and muted colours behind that is something I've seen a lot less than the first posters pretty standard painting. Its perhaps a little too crowded and the colours a bit too subdued to make a good poster, but I think its more interesting as a bit of art/design.

Having never seen any of the films I'd just guess that the first fits the kind of cheesy 80s style of the film more? That kind of dramatic painted poster seems very 80s.

I think the problem is more that almost all of Mondo's posters have the same style as that second one, so everyone in the thread is kind of burned out on it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Darthemed posted:

Because...

drat.

:stare:

I've never heard of this movie before but I need this framed on my wall.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Darthemed posted:

Because...

drat.

Please tell me the film does this poster justice. I need to know, because that is an amazing poster.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Lance Streetman posted:

Please tell me the film does this poster justice. I need to know, because that is an amazing poster.

De Lift, much like Amsterdamned, is boss.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Darthemed posted:

Because...

drat.

Saw this one when it came out. Don't remember much so it couldn't have been too good.

Speaking of forgettable... Here's Spacehunter, one of the 3D revival movies of the 1980s. Not an atrocious poster but there's something weird going on with Peter Strauss's eyes. Perhaps that was his expression when he was offered the role.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dick Trauma posted:

Saw this one when it came out. Don't remember much so it couldn't have been too good.

Speaking of forgettable... Here's Spacehunter, one of the 3D revival movies of the 1980s. Not an atrocious poster but there's something weird going on with Peter Strauss's eyes. Perhaps that was his expression when he was offered the role.

That and the fact that apparently they're going for the longest tagline record.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Do you even realize how difficult it would be to hunt someone down in space?

The universe is a big place, and the person could be anywhere. ANYWHERE.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Gonz posted:

Do you even realize how difficult it would be to hunt someone down in space?

The universe is a big place, and the person could be anywhere. ANYWHERE.

It says "Spacehunter" so obviously he's hunting Space. Sounds like a pretty easy job. I know I saw that when it came out but I don't recollect even one scene.

I challenge you to prove IT isn't on Mars right now!! :smug:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Barometer posted:

It says "Spacehunter" so obviously he's hunting Space. Sounds like a pretty easy job. I know I saw that when it came out but I don't recollect even one scene.

I challenge you to prove IT isn't on Mars right now!! :smug:

This poster is reminding me of this movie that was mocked on MST3K.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I legitimately love The Screaming Skull.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

"I don't know", sonny.

"Bury you without charge". Gosh, thanks!

I knoooooow, I'm going to miss her...a tomaaaaaato just ate my sister!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Subtle.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Barometer posted:

"Bury you without charge". Gosh, thanks!

I knoooooow, I'm going to miss her...a tomaaaaaato just ate my sister!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtURoWuzfpE

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Rirse posted:

This poster is reminding me of this movie that was mocked on MST3K.

I didn't know about this poster until just now but one's on its way to my wall. Perfection.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Is this a bizarro world remake of Taken?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The second Killer Tomatoes movie is also one of the first films with George Clooney as an actor, which brings us to this:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Is this a bizarro world remake of Taken?

That's the implication. I haven't seen it though.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

I can see that being rebranded as CHAPARONE.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Aatrek posted:

I can see that being rebranded as CHAPARONE.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That's the implication. I haven't seen it though.

It's really boring and has an unacceptable lack of Cage Rage. It doesn't even have the unintentional hilarity of being a lovely knockoff of Taken, despite the superficial similarities it's about Cage being blackmailed into robbing a bank rather than killing foreigners and sluts to save his pure daughter.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Just noticed the cash sticking out of his closed shirt pocket. Amazing ineptitude.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I would watch a movie about Triple H being hounded by two tiny men who stow away on top of his bus.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

"I don't know", sonny.

Jefferoo posted:

Just noticed the cash sticking out of his closed shirt pocket. Amazing ineptitude.

He's been manipulated in a couple really strange ways. His pocket is mostly on his shoulder, not where a breast pocket usually resides. His right arm has stitching lines running from his shoulder down onto his bicep, which makes no sense. I'm thinking the arms were moved and the head and neck were moved around, it's just totally wrong.

Dat's not how Mikowl Kain tawks!

Diz'z how Mikowl Kain tawks!

I like this one, in spite of not really digging the right-hand side.

AUGH! My eyes!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Barometer posted:

That right-hand side reminds me of that group photo meme where the image zooms in on a funny face someone's making in the photo and when it zooms back out, everyone has that face.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The MSJ posted:

The second Killer Tomatoes movie is also one of the first films with George Clooney as an actor, which brings us to this:

Hmmm, I was hoping for a less conventional poster, but I'm still so excited for this (and the new Coens film too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Barometer posted:

This is one of my favourite films. This poster does a good job of conveying action but, I'm with you and don't really like the right side.