Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Looks like something you got by being the best Avon Space-Avon salesman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Dolash posted:

Well, if you add our four characters (Quinine, Todessa, Jolune and R'andayn) you should spot one of us online sooner or later. Besides us, I think I'll have to check the guild roster and see who can add new people.

I can't speak for the Republic guild, but the Empire one just lets everyone invite (as far as I can tell), so searching for the guild name works better than actually searching for individuals.

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

I just got into the republic guild (thanks Todessa), but I don't think I have invite privileges. My character name is Yolace and I'm generally on in the evenings Singapore time(UTC +8).

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

CHAPTER 20: BURN MY DREAD

Previously posted:

The ENDAR SPIRE was a great Republic warship that crashed centuries ago on the planet TARIS. Within its databanks is information that many would kill to possess. The Jedi JOLUNE MOL'NEUX, searching for missing Master CIN TYKAN, has stumbled into the battle for control of the lost ship...

: I feel... there's something here. Maybe many somethings.

: Ship has armour, power. Safe shelter.

: Safe for who?

: Childress sent me. What cut you off?

: Scavengers must have guessed we were after something good. We need to hold them off long enough for the research team to recover and download that data.

: Get the researchers inside, then stay behind me. I want a clear line-of-sight. Not that I need an actual sightline, I just don't want to Force push any of you through a bulkhead.

: With the Force on our side, we have to win! Okay. Data's priority one. Everyone into the ship. Go!

: If I just connect this here, the next section should open... Childress was right, our technology really hasn't changed in the last 300 years.

: Everyone down!

You get swarmed by three waves of scavengers. Unusually for an allied NPC, Lieutenant Karlsu will help out in this fight by firing on enemies with his assault cannon. He doesn't do much damage, but hey, it's the thought that counts.

: I think that's the last of them.

: If you hadn't come when you did, those would be our smoking corpses there, no question. Unfortunately, we're not done, not until this wreck's data is in the hands of Commander Viqui.

: I liked it better when you were thanking me.

: :blush:

: Best way you can help is to take this datapad to Commander Viqui at the outpost. I can defend the team until reinforcements arrive.

: Thank you for protecting us. And good luck.

BACK AT THE BASE...

: If you have any questions about military operations on Taris, then frankly you can shove them up your... oh!

: You're the one I'm supposed to report to?

: Yes, I appreciate the service that you have done for me and for the Republic. The data from the Endar Spire will be invaluable to the Republic's war efforts. Lieutenant Karlsu tells me there's close surveillance footage of the Imperial warships.

: 300 year old warships used by an Empire that no longer exists.

: Eh, they're big, grey and triangular. That's basically the same as what we're fighting now.

: … I'm pleased I could help.

: Thank you for your service. Republic intelligence has been waiting for this data since the bombardment fell.

: I'm sure it'll be very useful if Darth Malak returns from the dead.

: Where now?

: The Expeditionary Force bunker. We need to get some leads on where Master Tykan could be, and Master Bakarn said they could help.

: Hey! Qyzen, look- no feet! Wheee!

: It's a pleasure to meet you.

: Pleasure's mine. My men will be glad there's another Jedi around. Master Tykan's been a big help.

: This has to be a mix-up. My master is a renowned Kaleesh scout, a truly gifted pathfinder. I-- oops, Padawan Aris Vauranelle, at your service.

: I have to see your Master, Aris. If he's ill, only the Force can heal him.

: What.

: She's right. When the Council called, Master Tykan had just left with a research expedition. If he's gone rogue, it's news to us.

: Where is that expedition now?

: Those pollution readings take ages to compile. They're not due back for days.

: Regardless, I'm sure Master Tykan will want to meet you. I'll try and reach him.

*bzzzt*

*bzzzt*

: What the-- ? That's the expedition guardsman-- Sergeant Valoy! Where's Tykan?

: There must have been an accident. Those ruins are always shifting

: Their transmission got out. The team might still be okay.

: I'll get a rescue team scrambled-- no, drat, I'll never get them out there in time!

: Then let's hope it can protect my men too. Meantime, I'll put a team together. Here- take a copy of the expedition's map to guide you. Watch yourself- there's more than pollution in those swamps.

: Have already met natives. They are entertaining.

: No they are not!

: Maybe Aris is right and the Council is wrong and Master Tykan is fine and the expedition just happened to have a nasty accident by chance. And maybe the rakghouls are misunderstood vegetarians and Taris will be rebuilt good as new and the Empire will give up and go home and I'll get a space pony for my birthday.

: This is where the map led us... There's no one here?

: Many were here. Fighting, dying, running. Can taste their scent.

: All I can smell is swamp... and oil?

: Someone got left behind.

: T8-C3 = greets Jedi / / Damage report = major power loss / / T8 = unable to help expedition / / Query = Jedi seeks Master Tykan?

: Can you explain what happened?

: Master Tykan = left before attack / / Master Tykan + scout team = surveying area / / Master Tykan = lost = finding landmarks

: The Jedi Order's greatest tracker-- lost? That doesn't seem right at all.

: T8 = always honest / / Jedi can check memory core / / Master Tykan + scout team = not far / / T8 = has coordinates / / Master Tykan + scout team = carrying expedition finds / / Finds = medical holocrons + relics / / Master Tykan + scout team = target to hostiles

: I'll do everything in my power to help.

: Me too. Take care heading back to base... although given you're inedible, you've probably got less to fear from this planet than most.

: Was Tykan really lost, or did he leave those people to die? If that was the plan, why did he take a team with him? Maybe he hasn't fallen all the way yet.... We're almost to the coordinates T8 gave us.

: A closed trap.

: Oh no... come on Qyzen!

: The Force is with me!

: There are still people trapped in the fires!

: The flame smells wrong. Tread lightly, Herald.

: Trust in the Force. I won't let any harm come to you.

: Oh, thank you, thank you!

: And the Jedi holocrons, Tal! Their medical data could save millions! We have to preserve them!

A simple light v. dark choice here- save the girl or the holocrons. Although the dark choice is portrayed as being ruthlessly pragmatic rather than straight evil, Doctor Edaine is still a monumental dick for arguing to let one of his colleagues get burned alive rather than give up the holocrons that he just found. He doesn't even know if they work or not!

Also, as we just saw Jolune pick up and throw an enormous metal girder with the Force, you wonder why she can't save both the holocrons and the girl- even combined they must weigh less than the girder.

: No artifacts are worth endangering someone's life.

*BOOM*

: The holocrons are gone! You fool, what have you done?

: Saved my life, doctor. You'd have let me die! And on top of Tykan trying to kill us!

: Can you explain what happened?

: We were taking pollution readings in the ruins. But when we found those medical holocrons, we decided to get them back right away.

: I can't imagine a Jedi Master doing such a thing. Well actually I can, given that about a quarter of Sith Lords start out as Jedi Masters. It'd probably be more accurate to say; “I can't imagine a Jedi Master, who hasn't yet started wearing black and calling himself Lord Bloodmurder, doing such a thing”.

: I don't understand any of this either. Tykan said he was punishing us for letting Taris be destroyed, centuries ago! And that soon we would be joined by “everyone at the Junction”.

: The Junction's an old purification facility the Republic retrofitted to process dangerous gases. As the entire atmosphere of Taris qualifies as a dangerous gas under Galactic Emissions Standards, the Junction is a pretty busy place.

: Hundreds of people work at the Junction. If Master Tykan's planning something...

: I won't allow Tykan to hurt anyone else. I promise.

NEXT TIME: Master Tykan speaks to us of cabbages and kings.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 12, 2013

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Inferior posted:

: I'm sure it'll be very useful if Darth Malak returns from the dead.

Jolune! Don't tempt fate!

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Sorry, what were you saying?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

WeaponBoy posted:

Sorry, what were you saying?

Darth Malak took better care of his skin. It may have been the creepy pale grey of a corpse, but it was that of a SMOOTH corpse, supple and without wrinkles.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Drakyn posted:

Darth Malak took better care of his skin. It may have been the creepy pale grey of a corpse, but it was that of a SMOOTH corpse, supple and without wrinkles.

Actually, he was fairly tan for a Sith.

And he did have quite a number of wrinkles, it's just they were covered up by that faceplate thing.

For good reason, obviously.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
So, that seems to be a fairly common facial feature for Sith.
Is it common for Sith to have their lower jaws torn off during their formative years or what? :unsmigghh:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dooky Dingo posted:

So, that seems to be a fairly common facial feature for Sith.
Is it common for Sith to have their lower jaws torn off during their formative years or what? :unsmigghh:

If you go by KOTOR2, he was fine before going off to war. Presumably it was a war injury.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

If you go by KOTOR2, he was fine before going off to war. Presumably it was a war injury.

Revan did that to him. His hatred of Revan is pretty justified. Edit: Spoiled to avoid ruining the KOTOR thread.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 11, 2013

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

To be fair, Malgus still has a jaw, he just had a grenade explode in his face (I think it was the third trailer?)

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY
Yep, the Third trailer "Hope" And it was a rocket fired by not-Temura-Morrison

Calax fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 11, 2013

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Calax posted:

To be fair, Malgus still has a jaw, he just had a grenade explode in his face (I think it was the third trailer?)

A grenade and a few rockets.

I'm guessing the grenade was a thermal detonator, the heat of which then seared his lungs, causing him to require the respirator; dude didn't give a gently caress about the rockets.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Calax posted:

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY
Yep, the Third trailer "Hope" And it was a rocket fired by not-Temura-Morrison

God, I love that trailer.
That moment when the trooper is getting shocked by lightning, standing face to face with a Sith lord and he just pulls a loving knife and keeps stumbling toward the bastard.

"gently caress your lightning, gently caress your dark side and gently caress. YOU." :ese:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Port Raga: More like Port Rage :argh:

: C2, lock the ship after we're off. Don't let anyone else on this time.
: Yes, master. Have a pleasant journey.
: I mean it. I willuse you as target practice if you don't.
: Yes, ma'am.Please don't.

: So who's supposed to be our contact for this mission?
: Hey, hey, my number one sister-in-arms! Good to see you again.
: Of course.

: Report, what's the situation?
: A real good time in the making, that's what we've got here. Let's start with the accommodations. Port Raga is privately owned and officially neutral, but Wraith and her pals have taken over behind the scenes. My boys and I managed to tweak the sensors and keep your landing inconspicuous. But as soon as you step out of this hanger, it's party time.
: Wouldn't have it any other way. Where is the senator being held?
: Some bad news on that front. Wraith has him locked up in a hanger at the other end of the station. There's heavy security plus a big bonus: explosives. Not enough "bang" to trash the station, of course, but plenty to ruin your day if you're in that hangar when they blow. Play it careful in there.
: Now you'll how the new Havoc gets things done.
: I'm looking forward to it, hot shot.

: :black101:
: :argh:
: No, no. Like this, :black101:
: I know how to get mad!
: No you don't! We'll practice this back on the ship!

: You alive over there, Senator?

: You know how to diffuse bombs, don't you? Wraith said they'll explode if I leave this room. She has a remote detonator, too, so be quick.
: Already on it. Jorgen, keep an eye out.
: That traitor was going to force me to go on record saying the Senate officially abandoned Havoc Squad on Ando Prime!
: I doubt revealing some involvement would set you back too far.
: The Senate would be a firestorm - all of our judgement would publicly called into question. And General Garza and SpecForce Division would be the first to burn.
: Don't forget who's rescuing you here, Senator.
: I'll admit, I'd like to see the look on that traitor's face when all of her bombs shut down. To watch that coward scurry away into the shadows when she realizes that her plans have failed.
: Will you just shut... wait a minute, rescuing you will reveal my presence to Wraith?
: Surely Wraith's remote will tell her if the bombs are no longer working. Then she'll try to flee like the coward she is.
: drat it!
: We'll get other chances. She can't run forever.
: And what's keeping us from just storming to where she is and killing her?
: Fool. She will detonate those bombs the moment she sees you. I'll be killed.
: ...Fine, she gets to live this time.
: Now get to work on those bombs.

Contrary to what this sequence might lead you to believe, there is no puzzle here. I don't know if there was a puzzle here once, ala the Consular's little riddle contest, but as it is now all we have to do is touch a console on one side of the room to lower the pressure. The only effect this has on you is a text box appearing at the top of the screen announcing that you might want to hold your breath.

: You can't even save a life without being disrespectful and childish. Pitiful.
: Take a blaster, get behind me, and shut up.

: Who in the blazes are you? Mercenaries? This is ridiculous!
: Oh, yeah, General Garza hires mercs to rescue Republic Senators all the time.
: They're SpecForce troops.
: Fantastic. Now I almost wish they were mercenaries.
: So, you rescued our charming friend here, obviously. Nice work. Any luck taking down Wraith?
: She got away when I rescued the Senator.
: Wraith must be even better than they say. We were watching every inch of this place - nobody saw her leave.
: Is someone going to get me on a ship to Coruscant anytime soon.
: Oh, don't worry, Your Honorable Eminent Senatorness. You're catching a ride with us.

: Yes. Delightful.
: Garza will want to hear from you ASAP, and we've got a ship to catch. Take care of yourself, okay?
: Thanks, and fly safe.

: I never thought that a Sith could possibly get any redder.
: The next time we find any of the former Havoc, they won't get away. We'll make sure of it.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

That senator is such an rear end in a top hat. Not even the slightest bit grateful you just saved his furry rear end from becoming catmanstew! :argh:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, I'm a bit confused about Todessa's LP storyline - the impression I get from Mort's comments is that she defected to the Republic, but I didn't notice a mention something like that in Brainamp's updates. Did I fail a spot check, or is Mort merely referring to her being a Sith?

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Catsworth posted:

That senator is such an rear end in a top hat. Not even the slightest bit grateful you just saved his furry rear end from becoming catmanstew! :argh:

Depending on your conversation choices, he does reveal a particularly interesting clue in that his insists that the first time he or anyone in the Senate heard about Republic Special Forces being on Ando Prime was when the situation went into the crapper.

And we've already had several examples of General Garza's habit of, shall we say, neglecting to mention things to her civilian superiors when it's more convenient for her when nobody's looking over her shoulder...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

my dad posted:

Mort merely referring to her being a Sith?

Got it in one. Brainamp hasn't written up any backstory in his updates yet.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The Senator is naturally being written as uncooperative and unpleasant to add extra incentive to cutting him loose and going after Wraith. You need to sympathize a little with old Havoc Squad's complaint of being undervalued, after all, in order to help drive the conflict in the story.

Oh, and I bet you the bomb trigger was going to be one of those puzzles where you have the containers of three and five and need to get to a certain value by filling them and moving them around. Don't remember what it's called, but I think it's like the towers of hanoi puzzle in that it shows up in a few Bioware games (if I'm remembering correctly).

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

my dad posted:

So, I'm a bit confused about Todessa's LP storyline - the impression I get from Mort's comments is that she defected to the Republic, but I didn't notice a mention something like that in Brainamp's updates. Did I fail a spot check, or is Mort merely referring to her being a Sith?

I've made two hints to her backstory, but it's not something that she'd go shouting out while on a hunt for defectors now would she. :v:

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Can you actually leave the Senator to die and go kill Wraith? Or does she always escape?

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Inferior posted:

Can you actually leave the Senator to die and go kill Wraith? Or does she always escape?

You can. It's the darkside choice of course.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

Dolash posted:

Oh, and I bet you the bomb trigger was going to be one of those puzzles where you have the containers of three and five and need to get to a certain value by filling them and moving them around. Don't remember what it's called, but I think it's like the towers of hanoi puzzle in that it shows up in a few Bioware games (if I'm remembering correctly).

It shows up in Telltale Games' The Cave as well, and they actually give you a URL to go look up the solution online "since you'd just do that anyway".

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Kloro posted:

It shows up in Telltale Games' The Cave as well, and they actually give you a URL to go look up the solution online "since you'd just do that anyway".

I gotta say, that was a stroke of genius. Providing the URL and chiding you for it makes you more inclined to actually hash through the puzzle--and feel good when you actually solve it.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Inferior posted:

Oh yes, the choice is quite hilarious given how utterly pissed the senator gets. I think you do get some chiding from General Garza (though suspiciously mild all things considered, you'd think "deliberately left a major government official to die" would get you court martialed) and there's a news story she forwards about him dying in a tragic airspeeder accident. Renegade Commander Shepard would be proud.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MadDogMike posted:

Oh yes, the choice is quite hilarious given how utterly pissed the senator gets. I think you do get some chiding from General Garza (though suspiciously mild all things considered, you'd think "deliberately left a major government official to die" would get you court martialed) and there's a news story she forwards about him dying in a tragic airspeeder accident. Renegade Commander Shepard would be proud.

It's just a Senator. They're a renewable resource on Coruscant.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Taris Update 2: ...And I have no privacy

Begin recording

Making my way towards Godera's next lab I found a Republic military base blocking my path. So I figured I might as well stop in and see if I could round up any cannon fodder help. Unfortunately, all I got was grumbling about the state of rations or the lack of decent uniforms. Therefore, I decided to go and see what their commander had to say about the matter.

: Master Jedi. What brings you to our small corner of Republic space? This is such a great, great honor/

: Tell me what's happening.

Uh, we're having some trouble, nothing you could have predicted, but... there you are. Our bases here are far from self-sufficient. We're not farmers, and there's no existing infrastructure here to work with. We're at the mercy of our supply ships. And this month's just went nose-down in some of the worst territory on Taris.

: Is the ship lost? Why haven't your men recovered the supplies?

: Our men tried to reach the ship once, but they turned back after taking serious casualties. They said it's more than just rakghouls but couldn't make an ID. You still want to go, you'll need to talk to our quartermaster at the supply shed across the base. She's got the exact coordinates of the crash.

I didn't need force powers to tell me the Quartermaster was pissed off about something, it was written all over her face.

: And you're just going to make this all better, huh?

: Want to calm down and point me to where your supply ship crashed?

: Of course! You think I want to see everyone here starve? But I don't want Commander Fat-Pants to think he gets away with this. Steal from your troops, waste Republic money bringing in silks and wine from Alderaan, and it's fine, because some wandering Jedi will happen in to save you..

:Commander Fat-Pants, thats a good one. *snickers* But, That's a serious accusation.

: I said over and over that that ship needed repairs. The left stasis generator was loose, and the hyperdrive motivator was seeping fluid. But Gardit had already spn our alloted maintenance budget. On himself.

: Do you have any doubts about this whatsoever?

: I'm telling the truth. Somehow he's juggling te numbers he sends to HQ. No commander needs a personal vehicle in an outpost this size. If you can take this holocamera out to the crash site, you could get the evidence I need to get him court-martialed.

: When you but it that way, how can I refuse? Might take a while though, got an Imperial Intelligence agent to hunt down and kill first.

: As long as it gets done properly. If you take holopics of the engines, I can show that the documented lack of repairs is what caused the crash. The most important thing is the supplies, though. The crash site isn't far. When you get everything, bring it back here so I can distribute it.

: You know for a mad scientists lair this place is pretty underwhelming

: Yeah it kind of is just a cave carved into a cliff face. But what makes you think he's mad?

: Of all the planets in the known universe he chose Taris to set up shop that's not exactly sane. I mean aside from the wonderful scenery clear air and friendly natives why choose Taris?

: Tell you what boss, why don't you just ask him?

: Maybe I will. Stay here and guard the entrance.

Inside there was no sign of Doctor Godera, but there was a friendly Rodian...Eager to chat but otherwise unremarkable

Watch for Imperial Intelligence dickery*

*thanks to Zeratanis from the Tech support thread for helping me solve a really dumb error with this video.

Kulaa: A Jedi, We're saved! Please you must help. Imperials shot my friend. They want Doctor Godera. They're everywhere!

: How do you know Doctor Godera?

: We came with him to Taris, years ago. Helped him build these outposts. They left us for dead. they only want the doctor. He's barricaded himself in the main lab. He can't hold out much longer. You're the only one who can help. Hurry!

: If Imperial reinforcements arrive, defend this corridor with your lives. Got me?

: We'll do our best. The main lab is surrounded by Imperials. Good luck, Jedi!

The lab was packed with Imperial Intelligence goons, I had no trouble getting to where they were holding Doctor Godera but had to fight quite a few Imperials on the way.

Unfortunately, I got there way too late... or so it seemed at the time.

: Stand down, Jedi. I'm afraid we both lose this contest. Doctor Godera killed himself rather than be captured. It's a tragic loss.

: No one will walk away from this.

: Haven't enough lives been taken today? We are prepared to leave Taris without further violence. Full cessation of hostilities. Do you accept?

: I can't bring Doctor Godera back to life, but I will kill you.

: Unlike the men at the outpost, we're trained to fight Jedi. Don't underestimate us.

: Wait, Jedi. These filthy Imps are lying to you. My maker is not dead. I arrived late because i performed a second triangulation on my maker's bioscan.

: Thought we destroyed that irritating machine....

: Oh you did not just shoot my favourite droid.

: T7's Feelings = hurt

:Okay, second favourite droid. Happy now?

: Now you both have to die.

I turned immediately to see what had happened to RE-M0.

: Critical damage... circuits failing... Transmitting my maker's new coordinates to you now. Save him. Do not let my functions end in vain.

: Your main processor and memory circuits are intact. If there's a way to repair you, I'll find it.

: Filthy Imps... kill them all.

At that point a transmission started up, it was the little Rodian from earlier.

: Hello again. Your ability to survive is impressive, to say the least.

:: Not my finest performance, but serviceable. Do not fear, Doctor Godera is unharmed. I painlessly rendered him unconcious and gently carried him to safety.

: I can't say the same for your assassins.

:: Their loss is regrettable, but they understood what's at stake. We could continue the chase forever--but what a waste of resources. I suggest a compromise. Give me time to adminster truth serum to Doctor Godera. Once he reveals his secrets, he's yours. We'll both have what we want.

: You've already deceived me twice. I'd be a fool to give you another chance.

:: My deceptions have failed to produce the desired result. Now, I'm telling the truth. I will purchase time for interrogating Doctor Godera by offering you something of great personal interest. Pirates have unearthed powerful artifacts once belonging to the Jedi covenant. I believe you will find these relics highly useful.

: I've never heard of this "Covenant"

:: A secret cabal disbanded centuries ago. Murdered their own Padawans to prevent the Sith's return. They were powerful zealots. A Sith has arranged to acquire those artefacts. Can you risk allowing your enemies the power they contain?

: Choice = difficult. // variables = multiple

:: The Sith is on his way to the pirate camp even now. You know what you must do.

: Betray me and you'll regret it.

:: I've always sent the pirate gang's coordinates. Good hunting, Jedi. Once your finished, come to my location. I'll hand over the doctor as promised.

I didn't exactly trust Watcher One. He was obviously trying to manipulate me to achieve his own agenda. Nevertheless, I couldn't leave powerful Jedi relics in the hands of a Sith, so I set off for the pirate camp.

Fighting through the Pirates was easy, They certainly wern't expecting an assault by two fully trained Jedi.

Watch for hilarious dickishness.

: These Jedi relics are remarkably well preserved, Captain. Quite worth your ridiculous asking price.

: Except they're not yours to purchase. Step away from them.

: What is this, Captain? A trick?

: You're the only I told about it. I swear.

: *waves hand* You can't win. Surrender is your only option.

: I... I cannot defeat you. I must submit, or die.

: Wait a second What's going on?

: give me your weapons. You'll be treated fairly.

: My weapoons are yours. I am your prisoner.

*Jedi, Chop!*

: Uhh... you can have the relics--free of charge. Men... run away!

: Ooh, a smart pirate. I like you.

Can't believe you just did that... but I'm not arguing. Wouldn't dream of it.

: Even a Jedi deserves a little extra sometimes

: Are we done here? That Imperial's having his way with Doctor Godera...

: Having his way? :quagmire: I don't think Godera was his type.

: You know what I meant. Besides you never know what Imperials are into

: Hey there's that crashed ship the quartermaster was talking about. lets grab the supplies and get out. Wait whats that?

Bogstalker: KYEEEH!

: GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!.... Oww, it took a piece of my ear.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Bogstalker

The bogstalker is one of many ancient species from the planet Taris's prehistory thought extinct until its rediscovery after the planet's bombardment. It turned out that the bogstalkers had survived for millennia beneath Taris's sprawling undercity, and in the post-bombardment wreckage, the bogstalker has thrived as its natural swampy habitat has spread.

Remarkably, the pollutants from the destruction of Taris have only made the bogstalker more resilient, as its flesh is now poisonous to most predators--even the voracious rakghouls.

: No wonder this thing crashed look at the blaaablaaa blaaa blaaa.... :techno:

:Uh, huh...

: You didn't understand a word i just said did you?

: Maybe...

Later back at the Republic base

: We don't have antibiotics. They come on the same ship as everything else.

: You're supposed to keep better tabs o that sort of thing. These men have the Csilian flu. They could die if-- Master Jedi! Dare I hope you made it to our ship.

: Your outpost won't starve now, no thanks to you.

: Now you just watch yourself. I did everything in my power to--

: What do you expect? You ask your men to starve while you get bantha steaks from offworld.

: These pictures prove you knew the ship was damaged, and you sent it anyway.

: They're going to Republic Command. Along with my documentation of every personal purchase you made. These men left their families and risked their lives to come here. If they die, it should be for someone better than you.

: I--I didn't know the ship was so bad. I thought, if it was serious, they'd catch it on Ord Mantell.

: You'll have to deal with this yourself now.

: This is ridiculous. I did nothing wrong. Republic Command will never listen to you. I--I need to call them.

: Thank you for all your help. But there may be something else, too. Normally our fourth outpost comes here to pick up its supplies, but their convoy never arrived this month. I'm afraid something happened--they need to be found.

: It's dangerous territory out there. Was the convoy armed?

: The route between the outposts runs along Lake Brell--not the best planning. There's rakghouls there and a nexu spawning ground, and worse. Usually the convoys manage by only travelling when the sun is highest. Plus lots and lots of firepower. But if they're out there too long... well, you need to find them.

: Every moment we delay risks their lives. I'll leave right now. Plus its on the way to Doctor Goderas' so I can kill two banthas with one stone

: Whatever happened to the convoy, we need to make sure Morne Outpost gets their supplies. Sonic emitters along the route usually keep off the worst of the critters. But if they're on the fritz, that convoy would have walked into a feeding frenzy. Fix the emmiters and see what you can find out about the convoy. When you're done, report to Commander Yajak at Morne Outpost. And thank you.

End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 14, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
You might want to reread your post and edit it a bit. For example, :technobable: =/= :techno:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

my dad posted:

You might want to reread your post and edit it a bit. For example, :technobable: =/= :techno:

There's always something... Fixed a couple of other errors as well.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Ah, I've only seen the scene where Watcher One reveals there's a settlement under attack and sends you after it to buy time, not this one where he dangles some holocrons instead. I guess he figured R'andayn doesn't care enough about settlers but would go after something of more "personal interest".

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Ferrosol posted:

:: Filthy Imps... kill them all.
Farewell Remo. He died as he lived- full of hate.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
I thought Watchers did support and stuff, why is a Watcher there fighting you head on ...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Alavaria posted:

I thought Watchers did support and stuff, why is a Watcher there fighting you head on ...

It's not really a watcher. It's a commando using a holographic disguise.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alavaria posted:

Most of them do. Watcher Two was supposed to be a companion for the Agent at one point in the game's development.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That was actually cool how he dangled something more tempting to a darker Jedi rather than saving the settlement, kind of helps sell the Imperial Intelligence agent as having enough sense to do some research on his targets.

Also really amused by how you murdered the Sith guy. First off that a supposed Sith was weak-minded enough for a Jedi to use the Force on, and second how you first told him to disarm and surrender... and then kill him. Can you tell him to disarm and surrender and then spare him?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

New patch out for the game today. Had some things that I find, if nothing else, interesting for them to implement at this point.

SWTOR Patch Notes posted:

Game Update 2.1: Customization
5/14/2013
Highlights

New Feature! The new Appearance Designer by AestheTech has been added to Dromund Kaas, Coruscant, and the Republic and Imperial Fleets. This kiosk will allow players to modify any feature of their physical appearance, except gender, including taking on a whole new Species. Players can also use the kiosk to access and unlock brand new character customization options. Subscribers get a substantial discount on all Appearance Designer changes.

New Feature! Dye Modules are now available via Artifice Crafting, some vendors, and the Cartel Market. They function similar to other item modifications. More details under Items and Economy.

New Feature! Collections provides a one–stop interface which is accessible from the Inventory Window or Cartel Market and tracks many items available from the Cartel Market, Packs (Cartel and Contraband alike), Cartel Reputation, and even Friends of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, Pre–order, Collectors Edition, live fan events and more. More details under General.

New Unlockable Species! Players of any Faction, Class, or gender can now play as the Cathar Species! Cathar can be purchased via the Cartel Market or directly through the Appearance Designer Kiosk on the Republic and Imperial Fleets and Capital Worlds.

Renames Available! Players now have the ability to purchase a Name Change for Character, Legacy, and Guild from the Cartel Market.

The Dye is is the big thing to me, since it was either this thread or the other where we had just been talking about appearance customization.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Taris Episode 1: Retreading Old Ground

Click here to watch.

: Saving Senator Krasul will certainly help our affairs with the Senate. We needed someone to owe us a favor - well done.
: Just doing my job.
: You've accomplished something very important - something beyond even your assignment to hunt down Tavus and the other traitors.
: I did?
: You're in the field, Lieutenant... you see how far the Empire is reaching. A full attack isn't far off, now. To keep the Empire's forces at bay, we need the Senate's support. We need allies.
: Of course, more politics. Why doesn't the Senate just let us do our job?
: Politicians meddle - it's in their nature. So it's up to us to limit that meddling as best we can. One thing, Lieutenant. I was disappointed to learn of Wraith's escape. She's capable of causing great turmoil.

: I have little doubt. Now - our technicians have decoded the first two sets of data from the Coruscant relay. Your first two targets are on Taris and Nar Shadda.
: Can you tell me anything beyond the destinations?
: Not at this time, I'm afraid. I'll try to collect more intelligence and give you a fuller briefing when you arrive at each location. Good luck, Garza out.

: Hmm, hey Jorgan, know anything about Taris or Nar Shadda?
: I don't know much about Taris, but Nar Shadda is one of the moons of the Hutt homeworld.
: Taris it is then.

Click here for video

: I read you loud and clear, General.
: I understand you've just landed on Taris. I've already contacted our local regimental commander, Colonel Gaff, to secure his support. He doesn't know the specifics of your mission - only that he should assist you in every way possible. I'd like to keep it that way.
: I'll keep quiet on the details, General. My track record with these things isn't the best though.
: Taris is a dangerous and untamed wasteland. A Sith attack several centuries ago leveled every standing structure and virtually eradicated the local population.

: I couldn't care less about the Senate's "Symbolic goals," General.
: My briefings are not intended to entertain you. That's all I have for you, Lieutenant. Report in when your operation is complete.
: I'll contact you then, General. Todessa out.

: Welcome to Taris - I'm Governer Saresh. On behalf of the Galactic Republic I thank you for joining us in this historic project.
: I thought this place was supposed to be ruined. Looks awfully intact for a bombed world.
: That hologram is talking about a project. There might be an active resettlement going on here.

: Wow. I take back what I said.

So here's what Taris looked like back in the glory days of Sith occupation. The native resolution has grown obviously, as well as the wildlife, but that's about it. Back in KotoR 1, Taris was the starting planet on which you crashed after the Sith destroyed your ship, the Endar Spire. Most of the population was human and racist as hell, with most aliens relocated to the slums and backend apartments. Besides the aforementioned Sith occupation, there was also a wonderful little plague going around in the Undercity that would mutate you into a freak of cannibalistic nature. But at least there was swoop racing. That was always fun.

Click here for video

: Your CO sent orders to do whatever is necessary to support your mission. Of course, she didn't see fit to tell me what that mission is - care to enlighten me?
: No, sir.
: Typical. Forget the reconstruction of Taris - I've got to shift everything around and help with some "top secret mission" nonsense! Whatever Garza has you looking for, you won't find it on Taris. Nothing unusual has happened since I last took command.

: Sergeant Dorne, I don't recall giving you permission to speak.
: I wasn't speaking to you - I was speaking to the lieutenant, per General Garza's instructions. Are you ordering me to violate Code 73-B and ignore the general's directive, Colonel?
: That accent-
: Always got a regulation to quote, don't you Sergeant Dorne?

: I already told you, Lieutenant, there's nothing to find here. Taris is dangerous - casualties are common on patrol teams. It's unfortunate, but not unusual, no matter what Sergeant Dorne says. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a planet to run. Carry on with your "secret mission" - just don't muck up anything important.
: Apologies for the colonel, Lieutenant. Not all men are meant to lead.
: He's disobeying a direct order. Garza will need to hear about this.
: I can assure you. It's not the first time he's done so.
: Not much of an assurance.
: I'm Elara Dorne, sir, first class, commander of Search and Rescue Squad 204. We have three full squads, all MIA on patrols. The situation is critical.
: Is that really cause for concern here?

: Casualties are common on swamp patrols. Rakghoul attacks account for the majority - approximately eighty-seven percent.
: Whatnow attacks?
: Rakghouls. Mutants created by a virus that they transmit through violent contact. Vicious creatures, however SAR sweeps discovered no evidence of rakghoul activity in these instances - someone else attacked those teams. If you're looking for unusual activity, then this is it, sir.
: Thank you, Sergeant.
: I included the last known coordinates for the MIA patrols in my official incident report, Lieutenant. I'll load it onto your datapad for your review. Taris falls under unexplored/unsecured territory protocols - all armor-cams transmit to SAR Command. I'll contact you with developments.
: Sounds like a plan. We'll keep in touch.
: Good luck, Lieutenant.

: Has little Jorgan finally met his dream girl?
: Don't be ridiculous! Uh, Lieutenant. I'm sorry I said anything.
: Just having a bit of fun with you, Jorgan. We might want to pay close attention to Dorne though. I've heard that accent too many times to trust it now.
: Roger that. Guess it's off to work, then. I'll watch our backs.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So we finally have an official metric for a Republic squad - three full squads go missing, eighteen casualties reported. All those three-man teams we've seen must have been down to half-strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Elara :3 My favorite companion! I kicked Jorgen to the curb and never looked back.

• Locked thread