Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

alcyon posted:

And a human skull. A real one not a resin replica. Antique and in good condition, missing most teeth and has some gashes and sctatches, otherwise intact. Fairly dead though.

Not this one obviously, I don't want it GIS'ed. Gonna pick it up next week. Need to name it. Yorick seems a bit lame.

If it's female, call it Agent Skully. Then buy this and put their names on a little placard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

There's some morbidly awesome about owning a real human skull. I hope someone does something cool with my remains. Donating to science/need will have to suffice I guess.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

This figurine:

I never really buy collectibles like this, but this caught my eye.

Tulip Candy posted:

PYF Recent Purchases: Tulip Candy Buys More Sailor Moon Merchandise

Because WTF, how can I not own the comics after being a fan for 20 years?!

Speaking of 20 years, of Sailor Moon, I also put down a preorder for this because oh my god nostalgia. I watched this show every day after school in elementary school. No more figurines after this.

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 23:48 on May 11, 2013

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Ryu no Ikari posted:

Where did you get the seat cover?

We got it off Amazon. It's probably one of the pricier ones out there, but it's really well made. I also just noticed it just went down like $9 from when I ordered it. We put it in yesterday and so far it works pretty well. The last one really fell apart after a few washes.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

There are endless ways to adorn a human skull. I'd wrap a doo rag on mine, and put a black and mild in his mouth.

I got a few $3 books from the swap meet.

Hurm.
Apr 24, 2006

Nature is a language
can't you read?
Just picked this up for $40. My fastest impulse buy ever. Released in Japan only, this Hori controller may just be the greatest controller I've ever seen. :swoon:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I went hog-wild at Dicks Sporting Goods, abusing the heck out the last few days of my employee discount + bonus 10% off thanks to a store credit card I'll promptly pay off in full and never use again:

Adjustable-weight kettlebell (now I have two, yay)

11x11' canopy (which is apparently poorly designed so I'll either kludge a fix or exchange it)

Nike Hypercool fitted tops

Brooks Pure Cadence 2

Kijaro Sling Chair

Foam Roller for my old-man muscles

Experia Socks (two pair)

Nike Vapor Elite Socks

Kan Jam game

That Ladder Toss Game Thingy

Reef Fanning flip-flops

Superfeet Blacks

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What the hell is Kan Jam?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

bowmore posted:

Seems to be throwing a disc into a can.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

iPhone 4S. Got it for free since my phone was waaay overdue for an upgrade, and I am still kind of shockedd. This is the first touchscreen phone I've ever owned as my previous model was an ancient Blackberry Curve. I'm not a phone or Mac snob by any means, and I still think of a phone as just a phone, but I am really kind of happy that I got something decent.

Vinz
Jul 25, 2004
game sux u sux
So last year I spent a part of my bonus money in a stupidly expensive mechanical pencil (Rotring 800). This year I stepped my game up a notch and spent a shameful amount on this beaut made from a horse's butt :

http://coronadoleather.com/i-13155096-shell-cordovan-wallet6.html

I've had my current cheapo wallet for 20 years and it's now falling apart. I think it's safe to say that this new wallet will outlast me.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Vinz posted:

So last year I spent a part of my bonus money in a stupidly expensive mechanical pencil (Rotring 800). This year I stepped my game up a notch and spent a shameful amount on this beaut made from a horse's butt :

http://coronadoleather.com/i-13155096-shell-cordovan-wallet6.html

I've had my current cheapo wallet for 20 years and it's now falling apart. I think it's safe to say that this new wallet will outlast me.

That is a beautiful goddamn wallet.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

bowmore posted:

A really fun game to play when you're day drinking and/or drunk.

amishbuttermaster
Apr 28, 2009
I decided to finally pull the trigger and update to Komplete 9.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

alcyon posted:

Really odd seeing these with a ply shell. Takes some getting used to.

These are pretty. I love the soles. Could you please pretend you're buying something hideous and tacky? and post something lovely for a change. tia.

For me:
A vintage '69 Hans Wegner AP71 lounge chair (AP Stolen, Denmark)

- I'm not too sure how I feel about the ply shell either, but I'm not sure how long they'll be making it for and it's one of those "oddities" I had to have for my collection.

- Unfortunately I haven't been able to wear the shoes on the trip I bought them for as I messed up trying to dig out an ingrown toenail on the day I left.

- I used to enjoy the occasional hideous/tacky purchase, but the novelty would quickly wear off. I've found that discarding anything of poor quality and design has greatly increased my quality of life. Fewer things but better things. However, I still want a set of Atilla the Gnome stools from Kartell:

- That's a great chair. It's hard to find good vintage Danish stuff here in the U.S.

seefive posted:

Just finished this today, good read.

Just got my Cole Haan's also

pretty comfortable, worth the price.

I really like what they've been doing with colors this year. I'm wondering if they'll continue using Nike soles though, as Nike sold off the brand late last year.

woot fatigue has a new favorite as of 03:33 on May 13, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Both the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, and also the most expensive.

They are weird frankenfoot, herman munster looking shoes, but they are incredibly comfortable and fit my feet like a giant glove.

New Balance 928's if anyone is wondering.

I went shopping with my mom, and decided today was the day I gave up my $9.98 wal mart shoes with the 2 velcro straps and actually got some form of good shoe. Between having my feet scanned and the lady helping me choose these over some other horrible looking birth control shoes, it was a pretty good day.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
If that's not a lateral move, I don't know what is. Do you need special orthopedic shoes or something? You can get much nicer shoes with plenty of comfort and don't look like a doctor prescribed them to you. It's especially odd considering New Balance makes awesome, comfortable, stylish sneakers.

I don't want to rag on you, but you can do much better. Unless you're yanking my chain -- if that's the case, you got me!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Both the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, and also the most expensive.

They are weird frankenfoot, herman munster looking shoes, but they are incredibly comfortable and fit my feet like a giant glove.

New Balance 928's if anyone is wondering.

I went shopping with my mom, and decided today was the day I gave up my $9.98 wal mart shoes with the 2 velcro straps and actually got some form of good shoe. Between having my feet scanned and the lady helping me choose these over some other horrible looking birth control shoes, it was a pretty good day.

Also not to rag on your new purchase, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk0roE34zLw

I mean I guess they're not velcro anymore, but I want to see the "birth control" sneakers you chose those over.

(full disclosure this is the only pair of sneakers I own so feel free to temper my advice with that)

I bought these today because I am goddamn tired of laces and socks and the constraints of The Man's society.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't really like sneakers that much, but they had hiking boots and casual hiking boots in stock (birth control shoes). They did have some other leather shoes but they were dock shoes or boating shoes, and I don't wanna wear those. Feels like my heel is constantly on the verge of popping out of em.

At least these can be used as dress shoes in an emergency. All the sport shoes just felt weird on my feet.

These have a narrow heel, but a wide area for the front of the foot, and since I have a high arch, it was going to be a choice between weird sneakers, birth control shoes, or these.

Granted, they look boxy, but they are pretty damned comfy.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I just saw the price of those...:stare:

Get a Clarks Desert Boot for cheaper and have a super comfy, durable, stylish shoe.

Obviously those are well broken in but it's a classic look.

George H.W. Cunt has a new favorite as of 04:38 on May 13, 2013

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

SaltLick posted:

Get a Clarks Desert Boot for cheaper and have a super comfy, durable, stylish shoe.

This.

Also please god never wear those in a situation that calls for dress shoes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SaltLick posted:

I checked out the Clarks but they don't make em in my size :(

Not a big fan of suede shoes though. I live in the south and between the humidity and the rain, suede shoes do not last long as everyday wear.

I'm happy with my boxy shoes. They fit, and my back doesn't hurt when I walk around all day. Can't ask much more from a shoe than that.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

I checked out the Clarks but they don't make em in my size :(

Not a big fan of suede shoes though. I live in the south and between the humidity and the rain, suede shoes do not last long as everyday wear.

I'm happy with my boxy shoes. They fit, and my back doesn't hurt when I walk around all day. Can't ask much more from a shoe than that.

Those clarks are leather not suede, but there are suede clarks.

If you like your shoes then good on you, enjoy them, but as stated above please don't wear them as dress shoes.

Out of pure curiosity what size shoe do you wear that clarks doesn't make your size? They go up to 13. No disrespect, I'm just curious.

Edit: on topic I bought a foam roller

Cause sometimes my hip bothers me after I jog. Also sometimes my knee. :negative:

Blendy has a new favorite as of 04:58 on May 13, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wear a 12 wide (2E normally). Clarks apparently are medium or narrow width only.

I said EMERGENCY dress shoes, i.e. if I had no other possible choice and needed something on my feet that didn't involve velcro straps or sandals. I do have some sense of decorum and taste.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wear a 12 wide (2E normally). Clarks apparently are medium or narrow width only.

I said EMERGENCY dress shoes, i.e. if I had no other possible choice and needed something on my feet that didn't involve velcro straps or sandals. I do have some sense of decorum and taste.

It's definitely one of those things you just have to try on to see if it works for you or not. I have pretty wide feet and it's not a problem. Leather stretches out some as well so if it's a little tight at first it'd be fine later on. Clarks are usually sized down 1 full size too. If you live near a major city there will most likely be a store in the mall or something.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

SaltLick posted:

God damnit thread, stop making me want to buy presents for my husband. :argh:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

the kawaiiest posted:

God damnit thread, stop making me want to buy presents for my husband. :argh:

Here have a picture of a pair that have been cleaned and conditioned.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Here have a picture of a pair that have actually been cleaned and conditioned.

I hate you and my wallet hates you. :mad:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
They're pretty much the best shoes. I alternate between some Clarks Desert Boots, a low cut pair of Timberlands, and a few pairs of Supras.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They are pretty nice shoes.

And something I just bought today:

Plinkey has a new favorite as of 06:42 on May 13, 2013

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
I have just bought the most accurate watch......IN THE WORLD
Got it for a steal off ebay too

Here is a shot of the silky smooth second hand only rivalled by the Seiko Spring Drive. As much as I would love a Spring Drive they are out of my price range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B4FflVoni0

Fozaldo has a new favorite as of 10:25 on May 13, 2013

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Plinkey posted:

They are pretty nice shoes.

Yes, they are.

I've got three pairs, and they look better with age.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Teach posted:

Yes, they are.

I've got three pairs, and they look better with age.

Here have a picture of a pair that have been cleaned and conditioned.

I've been wanting to buy Clark's desert boots for quite a while, but I'm sort of worried about the crepe sole. How long does that thing last? I always wear out the soles on running/skate shoes and since DB's are more expensive in Canada than they are in the states I'm hesitant to buy something that might die after 6 month of regular wear.

Blendy posted:

Edit: on topic I bought a foam roller

Cause sometimes my hip bothers me after I jog. Also sometimes my knee. :negative:

This is both the best and the worst purchase you have ever made. Get ready for a world of hurt. But god does it feel good afterwards!

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 12:49 on May 13, 2013

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bought a Nook HD+ yesterday while they were still on sale for $179, and I'm loving it so far, should be great for my upcoming vacation next week. :)

and ordered a case for it on Amazon last night:

rexmob
Jul 8, 2006
We do hereby declare reality unkempt by the changing standards of dialogue.
Can someone recommend a bike helmet that doesn't look like a bike helmet? $$$ is no issue.

I am vain and I don't want to die. <-- This is a character flaw

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

rexmob posted:

Can someone recommend a bike helmet that doesn't look like a bike helmet? $$$ is no issue.

You're not very specific. What do you not like about bike helmets? I'm usually pretty picky when it comes to helmets as well, but I'm pretty fond of mine:

http://www.amazon.com/Giro-Transfer-Helmet-Charcoal-Universal/dp/B005I6PCOU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368448854&sr=8-2&keywords=GIro+helmet

I got the matte black/charcoal lines one from a local bike shop, but there seems to be other awesome color schemes as well.

Hope that helps!

shuey
Feb 26, 2006
sports, not heavy crime

rexmob posted:

I don't know if there's any reason not to use these for cycling but I've always preferred the look of skating helmets.

e.g.

http://www.amazon.com/Watts-2-Tone-...ds=skate+helmet

Edit - actually that one even says it's for bike riding so so there you go

shuey has a new favorite as of 14:21 on May 13, 2013

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

rexmob posted:

http://www.rokitscience.co.uk/online_store/ignite-d3o-beanies-8.cfm

D30 headgear, in theory the material is as strong as a proper helmet. Personally I would just wear a proper helmet, especially as I have had at least two crashes that would have busted my skull without them.

Guy gets repeatedly hit with a shovel while wearing d30 gear:

http://youtu.be/9VDeJ7rLUYU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CancerCakes posted:

D30 headgear, in theory the material is as strong as a proper helmet. Personally I would just wear a proper helmet, especially as I have had at least two crashes that would have busted my skull without them.

If your biking hat doesn't have a slick surface you will snap your neck when it contacts the ground. There's an olde study about it somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I bought these today because I am goddamn tired of laces and socks and the constraints of The Man's society.

Goddamn... GODDAMN!

Those are beautiful, what are they?

• Locked thread