Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Spurs U21s have on the elite group of the U21 PL, scoring 77 times in 24 matches. Now theres playoffs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Chelsposters might like to know that the first leg of the FA youth cup Norwich vs Chelsea is on ITV4 tonight 7:30

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Blue Screen Error posted:

Chelsposters might like to know that the first leg of the FA youth cup Norwich vs Chelsea is on ITV4 tonight 7:30

Team for Chelsea: Beeney; Aina, Davey, Ake, Wright; Loftus-Cheek, Colkett, Baker (c); Kiwomya, Feruz, Boga.

edit:

Subs: Ben Killip, Fankaty Dabo, Dion Conroy, Charly Musonda, John Swift.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Some fantastic names in that squad. I particularly like Loftus-Cheek, Fankaty Dabo, Dion Conroy and John Swift

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich: Britt; Norman, McFadden, Toffolo, Wyatt; McGeehan (c); King, Randall; Jacob Murphy, Morris, Josh Murphy.

Players to watch out for are mainly our front three. The Murphy twins are a couple of greedy pacey wingers, like Raheem Sterling if he refused to pass to anyone he wasn't related to, and Carlton Morris up front, a big target man lad who looks like Grant Holt and Vincent Kompany had a baby.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Chelsea have had a couple chances but it's still 0-0 at the half.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Yeah pretty good half. Chelsea dominating possession and chances but we look dangerous on the counter, Chels defence having trouble dealing with the Murphys.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

:getin: Norwich win the home leg 1 nil after an injury time penalty, put away by a player who Chelsea released

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

:getin: Norwich win the home leg 1 nil after an injury time penalty, put away by a player who Chelsea released

le sigh...

I still think we'll win it on the return leg but that was disappointing.

skirth
Oct 29, 2010
Possible Scotland star Islam Feruz looked really bad IMO

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Here's the usual reminder for Chelsea posters:

FA Youth Cup final 2nd leg on ITV4 tonight 7:30

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Here's the usual reminder for Chelsea posters:

FA Youth Cup final 2nd leg on ITV4 tonight 7:30

And here I was sad that there was no football on today aside from the Championship playoff. Chels to come back and win 2-1 on aggregate.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

3000 Norwich fans at the Bridge for a youth match on a school night

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

3000 Norwich fans at the Bridge for a youth match on a school night

Text updates say they expect a crowd of ~15k. Not too shabby

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Spurs U21 are playing Everton is some sort of play-off semifinal thing.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Cracking game this, Chelsea with more chances and possession but Norwich are now 3-1 up on aggregate. Got a bit of everything, own goal, soft penalty, goal line clearances.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Feruz is like a youth team Torres

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Just can't get anything in the ol' onion bag today. 4-1 on aggregate now and it's surely over so congrats to Norwich

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

17,676 at the Bridge for this final. Great turnout by the away support as well.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

There's your goal Chelsea. Little Charlie Musonda looks a handy player

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

and Norwich win the cup! 4-2 on aggregate, could have been more comfortable with the amount of times we carved Chelsea open on the counter.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Good game that, Norwich' striker looks the real deal but the Murphy's have a bit of Cherno Samba about them. Far too good for this level but absolutely no brain, despite their goals I thought they weren't great.

Chelsea, however, were loving pathetic. A bunch of technically talented individuals with no team cohesion and their coach should be shot into the sun with Feruz.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Agreed on Carlton Morris (our striker) I think he and our captain McGeehan are the two who have the biggest chance of making it professionally.

The Murphy twins clearly have the most talent but they still have that mentality of being the kids who are better than everyone else, leading them to make silly decisions like trying to skin entire teams on their own.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Spangly A posted:

Chelsea, however, were loving pathetic. A bunch of technically talented individuals with no team cohesion and their coach should be shot into the sun with Feruz.

Yes, fire him into the sun for making the cup final. Poor performance indeed, but a great effort to make 2/2 youth cup final appearances.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

rats off to ya posted:

Yes, fire him into the sun for making the cup final. Poor performance indeed, but a great effort to make 2/2 youth cup final appearances.

I completely reject your sarcasm. Chelsea had by far the better players and were by far the worse team, they've obviously been built on flair players soloing a team and I can't see any of them making it professional because of it, which is a shame.

The Murphy twins clearly have the most talent but they still have that mentality of being the kids who are better than everyone else, leading them to make silly decisions like trying to skin entire teams on their own.

Yeah, you could see that. Several of their chances should have been squared to Morris or another runner. Maybe they'll grow out of it but at the moment they've got a long way to go mentally. They also need to learn to pull the trigger early if they're going to at all, the amount of last ditch tackles and blocks was getting silly.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Spangly A posted:

I completely reject your sarcasm. Chelsea had by far the better players and were by far the worse team, they've obviously been built on flair players soloing a team and I can't see any of them making it professional because of it, which is a shame.

You can't see any youth players with talent becoming better at working with a team?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tbp posted:

You can't see any youth players with talent becoming better at working with a team?

I think the point he is harshly making is that this is the time to teach team cohesion, perhaps even sooner, Norwich clearly did, while Chelsea rely on individual flair.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The England Under-21s squad for the Euros has been announced:

quote:

GOALKEEPERS
Jack Butland (Stoke City), Declan Rudd (Norwich City), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough)

DEFENDERS
Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Craig Dawson (West Bromwich Albion), Tom Lees (Leeds United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Adam Smith (Tottenham Hotspur), Andre Wisdom (Liverpool)

MIDFIELDERS
Nat Chalobah (Watford - loan from Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Tom Ince (Blackpool), Henri Lansbury (Nottingham Forest), Jason Lowe (Blackburn Rovers), Josh McEachran (Chelsea), Callum McManaman (Wigan Athletic), Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Queens Park Rangers - loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

FORWARDS
Marvin Sordell (Bolton Wanderers), Connor Wickham (Sunderland), Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace - on loan from Manchester United)

Good to see McManaman get a chance to do some tasty dribbles on the international stage, and also good to see that future Norwich superstar Thomas 'The Tank' Lees keeps his place, even if Pearce loves inexplicably playing him in midfield like he did with Michael Mancienne. No call up for literal best left-back in England Sam Byram though. Not sure why Connor Wickham (2 goals in 18 games this season) is going but there you go.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Not really sure which other proper forwards we've got though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Good to see McManaman get a chance to do some tasty dribbles on the international stage, and also good to see that future Norwich superstar Thomas 'The Tank' Lees keeps his place, even if Pearce loves inexplicably playing him in midfield like he did with Michael Mancienne. No call up for literal best left-back in England Sam Byram though. Not sure why Connor Wickham (2 goals in 18 games this season) is going but there you go.

Oh, he plays in Germany now. I wondered where he hosed off to.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

were gonna do well and then get destroyed by germany in the finals

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
England are going to break Luke Shaw's tired bones and ruin him.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

the sex ghost posted:

Not quite sure why Jordan Henderson is still in the squad. I know he is/has been the captain, but a) he's 22 now and b) he should be in the senior side :colbert:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

Not quite sure why Jordan Henderson is still in the squad. I know he is/has been the captain, but a) he's 22 now and b) he should be in the senior side :colbert:

thats the exact attitude which makes our national team development utter shite. Germany and Spain keep the players playing/winning together at a youth level instead of riding the pine on the senior team.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Modus Trollens posted:

thats the exact attitude which makes our national team development utter shite. Germany and Spain keep the players playing/winning together at a youth level instead of riding the pine on the senior team.

That still doesn't answer the question of why a 22 year old can be chosen for an under-21 squad

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

EvilHawk posted:

That still doesn't answer the question of why a 22 year old can be chosen for an under-21 squad

If they were eligible at the start of the qualifiers then they are eligible for the tournament, you can get 23 year olds in the squad if they were born at the right time.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

quote:

Players are eligible to play in the 2011-13 UEFA European Under-21 Championship if they were born on or after 1 January 1990. Players who are eligible to take part at the start of the competition will be eligible until the end of the competition. The national associations are responsible for the strict observation of this provision.

basically if you can play in the qualifiers you can play in the tournament. Makes sense I guess.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ah fair enough then. I still think he should be in the senior squad but I guess we don't have any important games in the summer.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

EvilHawk posted:

Ah fair enough then. I still think he should be in the senior squad but I guess we don't have any important games in the summer.

Isn't it better that he plays a tournament than maybe getting 5 minutes if the seniors are winning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Under-21 league semi-final in five minutes. United vs Liverpool playing for the chance to get beat by Tottenham in the final.

Goodies: Amos, Vermijl, Thorpe, M Keane, James, Charni, Tunnicliffe, Cole, Januzaj, Lawrence, Lingard.

Baddies: Ward, Flanagan, Robinson, Sama, Jones, Coady, Peterson, Teixeira, Morgan, Adorjan, Ibe.

• Locked thread