Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
The day my brother unlocked vorcha sentinel is the day engineer became my most played class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

The Slithery D posted:

So, yeah, I knew the Arc Pistol got a buff, but I'd never really tried it before. Inspired by the latest Xcalizorz video I put in some casters and...yeah, it's really good.

And that newly discovered "apply incendiary ammo to an enemy on fire" thing is legit. The DOTs I had running on Geth Prime's down to armor were hilarious.

Do you mean "apply incendiary to enemy on fire" or "light enemy on fire that had incendiary on it?" The latter is totally a thing but I hadn't heard anything about the former

Also, loooooooooooooooooooool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYuTcSyqDw

(Atlases provide the craziest DOT effect here because of the double/triple hits you can set up on them)

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Another good pairing I just found was the TGI and the Huntress. The TGI takes care of shields and barriers, while the Huntress just melts her way through armor or debuffs it for the the Turian to get to work on it with his AR of choice. I mean yeah, they're both fairly OP (especially the TGI) , but man, those were some really fast Gold waves I just went through.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm a bit reluctant to base strategy off a video where someone is blatantly using an invulnerability cheat.

Still, yeah, Incendiary Ammo + Reegar = Touch of Death even in non-hacked games. I've grown bored of it, just like I got bored of the Piranha long before it got hit with the nerf bat. Glass cannon, combo-centric or stunlocker builds are so much more fun.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
After three platinum games, I can just say... poo poo just keeps coming. :stare:

Good credits though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

What I learned today:

Make sure that you're on the correct LZ before celebrating a victory

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Look on the bright side, at least you didn't drag a package half way to the wrong LZ in the middle of a seriously hairy Gold match :downs:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
loving pubbies. I joined a Geth/Gold/Random today, got all kitted out and ready to rock, and then the host up and changed it to Cerberus/Bronze/Random and I wasted a bunch of good poo poo since I didn't notice until Wave 3. :argh:

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

loving pubbies. I joined a Geth/Gold/Random today, got all kitted out and ready to rock, and then the host up and changed it to Cerberus/Bronze/Random and I wasted a bunch of good poo poo since I didn't notice until Wave 3. :argh:

That sucks. On the reverse side of things, I was trying to level a Salarian infiltrator on a silver (he was only level 10), and was rocking no equipment except the sniper rifle amp. Host changed to gold right before launching. That match was stressful, mainly because they were publords and managed to get beaten out be a level 10 Salarian Infiltrator in score.

I've also got a mumble server that anyone here can feel free to use to play ME3:
Ip is chicago2.mumblevoice.com
Port is 64840

No password unless it becomes obvious that we need one.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
That moment when you finally play the Geth Infilitrator with a Piranha, drill rounds, and every stability/accuracy mod/evolution. :clint:

Man, pubbies in Gold lobbies have the most nonsensical load outs ever these days. I've seen more people using the Geth SMG than used the Acolyte during that period it didn't have a charge up.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Sigh. Poor Shadow used to be one of the better N7s and then she got utterly eclipsed by the Paladin once the techsplosion change happened. I'm trying to make this kit work but it's just too fragile and the trash-killing focus is far too niche.

Cerberus smoke screws up SS targetting, Geth Hunters can't be targeted, and SSing a Ravager is 100% guaranteed suicide by acid.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
I still find it fun to use occasionally (killing multiple trash enemies at once with it's heavy melee's AOE still feels great) but it's a Bronze/Silver hero and not much more than that.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I love my Geth Juggernaut. As long as my team is taking the time to kill the artillery (ravagers, scions, bombers), everything is gravy.

I usually just run into the bosses, grab their attention, then shield drain every so often while I kill the mooks with my crusader. Fire a turret once in a while and it's hard to be killed.

Great class.

spiff_dedalus
Jul 15, 2004
The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry.
gently caress, I'm stupid for not getting into multiplayer sooner.

Finally gotten pretty comfortable in Silver, though almost all my play experience has been with random pubbies. I've started reading through some of this thread, picking up on tips and poo poo that I wasn't fortunate to stumble across through trial and error. I added my information to the list (360 version), for Silver games and maybe some goes at Gold, if any goons are feeling patient. :v:

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

Mr Dog posted:

Sigh. Poor Shadow used to be one of the better N7s and then she got utterly eclipsed by the Paladin once the techsplosion change happened. I'm trying to make this kit work but it's just too fragile and the trash-killing focus is far too niche.

Cerberus smoke screws up SS targetting, Geth Hunters can't be targeted, and SSing a Ravager is 100% guaranteed suicide by acid.

I've actually seen the N7 Shadow do really well against reapers because she can repeatedly teleport behind the big bads that instagib you when you're in front of them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The Slithery D posted:

So, yeah, I knew the Arc Pistol got a buff, but I'd never really tried it before. Inspired by the latest Xcalizorz video I put in some casters and...yeah, it's really good.

And that newly discovered "apply incendiary ammo to an enemy on fire" thing is legit. The DOTs I had running on Geth Prime's down to armor were hilarious.

Arc pistol is actually really, really good now. Any gun that can allow a level 1 Vorcha Soldier with one point in Bloodlust and Flamer to outscore an entire team, and take on and beat 4 Marauders at once is ok in my books.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
I got this a few weeks back, and I have to admit, I'm loving the Multiplayer more than the single player.

My favorite classes are all soldiers, though, oddly enough.

Geth Juggernaut with an N7 Crusader with a High Velocity Barrel and a Shredder, love walking around spamming Siege Pulse, or popping enemies long range/behind cover with a shotgun. Armored enemies kinda melt when I'm spamming shotgun blasts and siege pulses at them.

Geth Trooper, Flamer on armor, Reegar on shields/barriers. Works really well.

Turian Havoc, also use the Reegar on this guy. Havoc Strike, Stimulant Pack, Reegar = Win.

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

BenRGamer posted:

Geth Trooper, Flamer on armor, Reegar on shields/barriers. Works really well.

Turian Havoc, also use the Reegar on this guy. Havoc Strike, Stimulant Pack, Reegar = Win.

The Reegar carbine turns anything into a win. Put incendiary ammo in it and it literally melts everything.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah, it's so overpowered that I don't like to use it on anything else than a Krogan Vanguard when farming the Geth for some easy credits.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress, fighting the collectors with a pure melee batarian brawler is a nightmare. After a few waves, they just run out of the crap units and suddenly it's you versus tons of scions and praetorians that you can't really melee against (well, you can safely melee scions once), at least without significant sync-kill risk.

And let's just say that killing multiple possessed praetorians with an Eviscerator X takes some time. :shepicide:

E: And it looks like I forgot to mention Seeker Clouds. :gonk:

Smol fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 13, 2013

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
Ok so I finally maxed everything except the Spitfire and I don't care about that since it is more or less useless. I've gone back to Gold and man it's way more fun to play the factions seperately and on maps that aren't Glacier or Giant.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
I'm streaming myself trying out some silly/stupid/weird/bad builds for the sake of challenges, if anyone would like to see:

http://twitch.tv/deiterbomber

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

BenRGamer posted:

Geth Juggernaut with an N7 Crusader with a High Velocity Barrel and a Shredder, love walking around spamming Siege Pulse, or popping enemies long range/behind cover with a shotgun. Armored enemies kinda melt when I'm spamming shotgun blasts and siege pulses at them.

FYI, the shredder is largely useless on the Crusader. It has inherent light cover piercing (i.e. it goes through Guardian shields) and like single shot snipers the AP reduction is negligible per shot. You'd be better off with the heavy barrel for increased damage, or the Omni-bayonet if you heavy melee with it much. The accuracy choke is also useless; it has perfect accuracy already.

The only reason to use the HVB and shredder on a Crusader is if you're going for wall hack exploits shooting at things you can see through walls with Drill Ammo and some sort of vision enhancer.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I finally unlocked a different bloody character! The Krogan Warlord! I love the hell out of it, so much fun just head butting people all over and crushing enemies with my giant warhammer of friendship. I have been trying out shotguns but I only have two. The Katana and some graal nail gun that never hits but the menu swears to me that it does a ton of damage.

We tried Silver again and got a lot further but were still crushed at wave 7-8.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

The Graal shoots actual projectiles with travel time (as opposed to being hit-scan), so you end up needing to lead more and more as your latency increases.

If you host, it's pretty powerful.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

zxqv8 posted:

The Graal shoots actual projectiles with travel time (as opposed to being hit-scan), so you end up needing to lead more and more as your latency increases.

Ah I was wondering why I could never hit anyone.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

zxqv8 posted:

Yeah, I wanted to like the Graal, but that travel time is really annoying. It's why I picked the Crusader over it.

The Slithery D posted:

FYI, the shredder is largely useless on the Crusader. It has inherent light cover piercing (i.e. it goes through Guardian shields) and like single shot snipers the AP reduction is negligible per shot. You'd be better off with the heavy barrel for increased damage, or the Omni-bayonet if you heavy melee with it much. The accuracy choke is also useless; it has perfect accuracy already.

The only reason to use the HVB and shredder on a Crusader is if you're going for wall hack exploits shooting at things you can see through walls with Drill Ammo and some sort of vision enhancer.

To be honest, other than the Heavy Barrel or HVB, I don't really know what else to put on it--the Smart Choke does absolutely nothing to it. Don't both the HVB and Shredder give bonuses against armor?

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

BenRGamer posted:

To be honest, other than the Heavy Barrel or HVB, I don't really know what else to put on it--the Smart Choke does absolutely nothing to it. Don't both the HVB and Shredder give bonuses against armor?

They reduce your damage loss to armor, but the amount lost is insignificant on high damage single shot weapons like most snipers and the Crusader. Armor piercing is necessary for all other pellet shotguns and weak automatic weapons (SMGs and most assault rifles).

For a Juggernaut I'd use a melee mod if you have it and a damage barrel. Otherwise you might as well just use the armor mods for the extra piercing, although without AP or drill ammo it's not likely to add up to enough to shoot through most serious cover.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I see I'm getting very comfortable with Silver, I don't need any extra consumables apart from LVL I ammo and a few rockets and medi-gels to manage Silver games on say... the Human Adept or Turian Soldier or N7 Destroyer, my favourites. Classes everyone has anyway. I haven't even tried most of the rest, just playing humans and turians this far.

Time to jump on Gold?

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011

Ligur posted:

I see I'm getting very comfortable with Silver, I don't need any extra consumables apart from LVL I ammo and a few rockets and medi-gels to manage Silver games on say... the Human Adept or Turian Soldier or N7 Destroyer, my favourites. Classes everyone has anyway. I haven't even tried most of the rest, just playing humans and turians this far.

Time to jump on Gold?

Yes, start earning some real credits.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Pistol/SMG power amps really make the Vorcha shine. Carnage cooldown is punishing but the Vorcha Sentinel's Cluster Nades are still excellent spawn-killers in conjunction with a quick Flamer burst

I'm having quite a lot of fun with the little goblin bastard

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

The Slithery D posted:

They reduce your damage loss to armor, but the amount lost is insignificant on high damage single shot weapons like most snipers and the Crusader. Armor piercing is necessary for all other pellet shotguns and weak automatic weapons (SMGs and most assault rifles).

For a Juggernaut I'd use a melee mod if you have it and a damage barrel. Otherwise you might as well just use the armor mods for the extra piercing, although without AP or drill ammo it's not likely to add up to enough to shoot through most serious cover.

I don't melee much--only if my shields are gone or almost gone, or to stun an fast enemy like a phantom so I can line up a shot with the Crusader. Juggernaut melee takes too long to kill things.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

^^That's the best way to do it.

Everything unarmored will flop into a ragdoll after you're done with them, so it's really best to just use heavy melee to get a boss's attention (and to refill the shields they'll drain with their constant melee attacks) or to temporarily disable a mook which can then be shot directly in the crotch for extra giggles.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Mr Dog posted:

Pistol/SMG power amps really make the Vorcha shine. Carnage cooldown is punishing but the Vorcha Sentinel's Cluster Nades are still excellent spawn-killers in conjunction with a quick Flamer burst

I'm having quite a lot of fun with the little goblin bastard

Vorcha Sentinel has to be my favorite class right now. So far I've only had problems with Geth (Pyros have flamethrowers too!), and I'm sure if I was better I wouldn't.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Welp.

Fury with a Typhoon.

Now I've seen everything.

(it worked about as well as you'd expect)

Ess
Mar 20, 2013
I have been trying to use the Collector SMG for its challenges, but the gun just seems absolutely awful - even in silver matches. The 1.5 damage multiplier seems worthless against armour considering how low its damage is, and without magazine upgrades the thing is almost unusable. Am I just missing something or is it really as awful as it seems?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ess posted:

I have been trying to use the Collector SMG for its challenges, but the gun just seems absolutely awful - even in silver matches. The 1.5 damage multiplier seems worthless against armour considering how low its damage is, and without magazine upgrades the thing is almost unusable. Am I just missing something or is it really as awful as it seems?
Use HVB and Expanded Clip, have low cooldowns and no ammo concerns on caster classes who just need something to do in between using powers.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So I unlocked the Turian Cabal last night and I have been having a blast but I can't seem to find the right niche. I went Valkyrie and ran around with blades and plunked everything to death at first, but that didnt seem effective. I am hesitant to go melee because I always get stomped by making bad decisions on when to melee. Poison strike seems pretty useless other than getting out of trouble and the crusader seems okay it's just too heavy.

Help me out here I like shooting, I like ARs and shotguns, I tend to shoot and move better than deciding when to melee and I absolutely love blades.

Currently I am specced 4/6/6/6/4. Poison for range, blades for extra damage, and class whatever for weapon damage. Thanks (I did read elotana's guide I am just hesitant to go full melee spec).

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mr Dog posted:

Welp.

Fury with a Typhoon.

Now I've seen everything.

(it worked about as well as you'd expect)

It works better than a Fury with a PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

waah posted:

So I unlocked the Turian Cabal last night and I have been having a blast but I can't seem to find the right niche. I went Valkyrie and ran around with blades and plunked everything to death at first, but that didnt seem effective. I am hesitant to go melee because I always get stomped by making bad decisions on when to melee. Poison strike seems pretty useless other than getting out of trouble and the crusader seems okay it's just too heavy.

Help me out here I like shooting, I like ARs and shotguns, I tend to shoot and move better than deciding when to melee and I absolutely love blades.

Currently I am specced 4/6/6/6/4. Poison for range, blades for extra damage, and class whatever for weapon damage. Thanks (I did read elotana's guide I am just hesitant to go full melee spec).

I found marginal success going melee with a Geth Scanner V. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it unless you have mad skillz.

• Locked thread