Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Stupid bald eagles! Didn't even buy an American car. :colbert:

That is actually the cause of the attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Guy who owns that truck is thinking "ENDANGERED, MY rear end!!"

Well he probably doesn't care much for that truck anyway, because the only thing that makes bald eagles flock like that is fish guts and used diapers.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Stupid bald eagles! Didn't even buy an American car. :colbert:

They're obviously ironic hipster eagles.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Guy who owns that truck is thinking "ENDANGERED, MY rear end!!"

Gets a major fine for feeding an endangered animal, has to wash bird poo poo off his truck for weeks..

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

raggedphoto posted:

Gets a major fine for feeding an endangered animal, has to wash bird poo poo off his truck for weeks..

Bald Eagles haven't been endangered since like 1995

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

D C posted:

Bald Eagles haven't been endangered since like 1995

So how do they taste?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Aleph Null posted:

So how do they taste?

They're not endangered but it's still illegal to kill, keep feathers or other body parts, eat or even honk your horn at them.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Aleph Null posted:

So how do they taste?

Like freedom :911:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hasters posted:

They're not endangered but it's still illegal to kill, keep feathers or other body parts, eat or even honk your horn at them.

I think that may be true for most raptors in the US though. I know you can get in trouble just for having hawk feathers and such.

reni89
May 3, 2012

by angerbeet
New page. Nine posts. No pics.

Here's my first try sketching on an android tablet.

Not particularly funny but neither are the last dozen posts.

In kindergarten I slept my way to the top.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hasters posted:

Leading to the slightly ridiculous situation of Native American groups having to register with the Fish and Wildlife Service to get into a queue to be given parts of eagles that are stumbled upon in the wild after dying of natural causes.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Hasters posted:

I'm not 100% sure why but this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Is this picture from Dutch Harbor? I saw a similar post on the Dutch Harbor police blotter.

Unalaska Department of Public Safety: Police Blotter posted:

1155 - Environmental – Two callers reported 20-40 eagles feasting on discarded fish fillets conveniently left in the back of a pickup truck, and the sheer number of eagles made it difficult for other drivers to safely access vehicles parked nearby. An officer scared the eagles away and advised the owner of the pickup to properly dispose of the fish.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fire Storm posted:

Is this picture from Dutch Harbor? I saw a similar post on the Dutch Harbor police blotter.

Yep, there's a video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoqOYACbFjI

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

It's Unalaska, it's probably the most fun thing to ever happen there.

reni89 posted:

New page. Nine posts. No pics.

Here's my first try sketching on an android tablet.

Not particularly funny but neither are the last dozen posts.

In kindergarten I slept my way to the top.

Alright forum cop, calm down.

Gynocentric Regime has a new favorite as of 07:27 on May 15, 2013

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Hasters posted:

Same thing for all intents and purposes. I think the Elbow Room has long since closed down, but it was reputed to be pretty wild during crabbing season.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Hasters posted:

Wait, it's called Unalaska, and it's in Alaska? drat place needs to make up its mind :colbert:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
At least this dickhead gave a decent tip. Maybe if he knew "math" he would know 15-20% is the norm.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
To be fair, rounding it up to $20 in that situation would be kind of stingy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

It's just sound advice for the bigger birds. I know, at least around here, if you honk at a flock of turkeys instead of running they will mercilessly attack your car.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Memento1979 posted:

Wait, it's called Unalaska, and it's in Alaska? drat place needs to make up its mind :colbert:

Especially If the tag of the video is right - "Police Break up Eagle Party" - I just have the image of a stereotypical british policeman saying "ello ello ello, wats awl dis den?"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
OI YOU BIRDS BUGGER OFF

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Oh, Market Basket...

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Abbeh posted:

Oh, Market Basket...

Truth in advertising.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yes, that is Paul Giamatti.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The MSJ posted:

Yes, that is Paul Giamatti.

He's playing the Rhino in the new Spider-Man movie. Gonna be rad.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

In this Jan. 11, 2008 photo, eagles await transfer to a warm U.S. Fish and Wildlife warehouse after being rescued from the cold in Kodiak, Alaska. They were among 50 eagles which dove into the back of an uncovered dump truck full of fish guts and became too wet to fly away. (AP Photo/Jay Barrett) #

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

mobby_6kl posted:

In this Jan. 11, 2008 photo, eagles await transfer to a warm U.S. Fish and Wildlife warehouse after being rescued from the cold in Kodiak, Alaska. They were among 50 eagles which dove into the back of an uncovered dump truck full of fish guts and became too wet to fly away. (AP Photo/Jay Barrett) #

They should've stayed around for the Pitbull concert.

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003
The dump is pretty much the best place to see eagles in Alaska. There's a reason people call them "Dumpster Chickens"

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't think this glorious animal could have proven itself more worthy of being our national bird.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

I read this whole thing, I see the guy in the bubble, I can't put it together. Can someone explain because it was a long read.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Basically the guy who wrote the post wasn't as elated as River post-pop, who may have been sexually aroused, and River spazzed out and threw him out. There isn't really more to the story than that.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

I don't think this glorious animal could have proven itself more worthy of being our national bird.

Ben Franklin was right. We should have gone with the turkey.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

xxEightxx posted:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Crasscrab posted:

Ben Franklin was right. We should have gone with the turkey.

I looked through a list of national animals worldwide, and was mildly surprised to see just how many are popular for eating. Also to see how many are mythical.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Fun fact: Britain's national animal is Ian Dury.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

They also sound more like big dorky songbirds than "eagles." The eagle sound you hear in movies is actually some kind of hawk, if I remember right. (Starts at about the thirty-second mark.)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:eng101: usually the red-tailed hawk! My favorite hawk thanks to Animorphs.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

BIG HORNY COW posted:

The dump is pretty much the best place to see eagles in Alaska. There's a reason people call them "Dumpster Chickens"

Very true. There's a fish plant in Sitka I think that dumps the carcasses back into the sound after processing them, and the eagles treat it like an all you can eat buffet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

They also sound more like big dorky songbirds than "eagles." The eagle sound you hear in movies is actually some kind of hawk, if I remember right. (Starts at about the thirty-second mark.)

Red Tail Hawks! They do a lot of hanging on power lines in my area. They also look rather derpy from the front.

But at least they sound tough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33DWqRyAAUw

• Locked thread