Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

AndyElusive posted:

Look at it this way. Are you going to still be playing Injustice for at least two more months? Will you hate reading everyone talk about DLC characters for a few days to a week after release? Will you grimace knowing your character select is missing a few slots?

If so, then there's no reason to not foot the MP for the season pass. Even of it means you'll be dicking around with Scorpion soon.

Edit. Sorry. Posting from my iPhone.

Yeah, I'll probably end up biting the bullet and hoping that Scorpion's name was just a placeholder kinda thing.

Can't wait to try out Babs, definitely want to main her. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That's right, for a while he was the more emotionally stable 'son' of Bruce. If you wanna see him like a really developed character you just need to read issue 17 and 18 of the series. Easily, the best thing written with him.

Of course, DC shat on everything just to cause grief to Bruce so I suppose that your point stands :smith:
Huh. I'll take a look some time. When I have a budget that has more depth than a piece of wet tissue paper. :negative:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Toady posted:

I thought the Joker killed this person decades ago. What soap opera schlock.

It used to basically be a rule with comics when I was growing up that if someone died they probably wouldn't stay dead except Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben. Then some writers got lazy.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Spacebump posted:

It used to basically be a rule with comics when I was growing up that if someone died they probably wouldn't stay dead except Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben. Then some writers got lazy.
Or got mind-numbingly stupid, which resulted in Superboy Prime punching the walls of reality, resurrecting Jason Todd. Seriously, Infinite Crisis was...weird in places. And that's just the stuff that made it to print, mind you.

That said, I did like Bucky as Winter Soldier. His tenure as Captain America...not so much.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Spacebump posted:

To be fair Bucky's resurrection led to the Winter Soldier arc, which was awesome. Haven't read all the Jason Todd stuff, or read any recent Spider-Man.

Any tips on landing B3 in combos during online play? I play Sinestro and it seems like landing his B3 after a shackles is basically a 50/50 to actually come out on time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone's just jealous they didn't think of punching reality.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is the season pass a limited time thing? I love this game enough to buy it but I'm curious about the last two characters.

Can anyone say anything about Lobo being fun to play? I don't care about early tier lists, I'm just interested in how fun it is to play as him. Videos don't always translate the "feel" well.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is the season pass a limited time thing? I love this game enough to buy it but I'm curious about the last two characters.

Can anyone say anything about Lobo being fun to play? I don't care about early tier lists, I'm just interested in how fun it is to play as him. Videos don't always translate the "feel" well.

If every other season pass is to go by, you can buy it whenever. They won't take down the pass bundle even when it's all released.

Lobo feels a little slow? I am by no means a player that is developing their own combos and such, but I just found I got poked out of everything with Lobo.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Yeah. I thought Jason's death was a major historical event in the comics, like Barbara Gordon's paralysis.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Ok, now that I've played every stage a bunch I can finally just vote Atlantis every single time. Hands down the best stage for Flash, I catch zoners (especially Black Adam) offguard all the time by sliding on the tubes.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Holy Calamity! posted:

Ok, now that I've played every stage a bunch I can finally just vote Atlantis every single time. Hands down the best stage for Flash, I catch zoners (especially Black Adam) offguard all the time by sliding on the tubes.

Really? The tubes are a deathtrap! I have very rarely seen them get used where the person using them wasn't immediately punished for it. And Atlantis is really bad for gadget characters, the globe/plaque and the aquariums on the side both favor power characters really heavily. As a gadget you should be voting for Gotham City's Alley or Watchtower, to take advantage of the transitions/interactables.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

Really? The tubes are a deathtrap! I have very rarely seen them get used where the person using them wasn't immediately punished for it. And Atlantis is really bad for gadget characters, the globe/plaque and the aquariums on the side both favor power characters really heavily. As a gadget you should be voting for Gotham City's Alley or Watchtower, to take advantage of the transitions/interactables.

Flash is acrobat not gadget.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

AndyElusive posted:

Flash is acrobat not gadget.

The only difference between gadget characters is if they can plant bombs or not so who cares? They still interact with everything the same otherwise.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

gannyGrabber posted:

Nah, not if you know when to use 'em. When some characters get a reprieve from getting rushed down they'll almost certainly try to poke with their ranged attacks, and if I time it right I can fly right over it and attack them from behind before they can recover. As Flash I want people in the corner as much as possible so no transitions is a benefit, and I have ways of punishing people if they're making their way to the water. That or I can usually get out of the way in time. If they MB it for armor so be it, it's a sacrifice I'll gladly take for such a small map with no transitions.

Also Flash should never get hit by an intractable thrown by a heavy, ever. I'm at the point where I phase and punish ~75% of the time.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sentrygun posted:

The only difference between gadget characters is if they can plant bombs or not so who cares? They still interact with everything the same otherwise.

Uh because not only do they not interact with objects exactly the same as gadgets they also have different attacks and attack ranges when it comes to certain ones. Specifically on Atlantis, the stage being discussed?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Holy Calamity! posted:

Nah, not if you know when to use 'em. When some characters get a reprieve from getting rushed down they'll almost certainly try to poke with their ranged attacks, and if I time it right I can fly right over it and attack them from behind before they can recover. As Flash I want people in the corner as much as possible so no transitions is a benefit, and I have ways of punishing people if they're making their way to the water. That or I can usually get out of the way in time. If they MB it for armor so be it, it's a sacrifice I'll gladly take for such a small map with no transitions.

Also Flash should never get hit by an intractable thrown by a heavy, ever. I'm at the point where I phase and punish ~75% of the time.

But you're squandering your potential! Flash basically gets free transitions with his trait, and the fact you move so fast allows you to very quickly take advantage of any other interactables that pop up. To each his own, I guess, but personally I feel like all my worst matches happen in Atlantis. Symmetry is boring!

E: Are you guys sure about the whole gadget/acrobat/power thing? I thought there were only two archetypes...

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 15, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Apparently no one here has tried to blow up the flying car in lower Metropolis hoping to catch somebody coming in only to find themselves doing a steep angle jump kick and whiffing it instead.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

gannyGrabber posted:

But you're squandering your potential! Flash basically gets free transitions with his trait, and the fact you move so fast allows you to very quickly take advantage of any other interactables that pop up. To each his own, I guess, but personally I feel like all my worst matches happen in Atlantis. Symmetry is boring!

A good Flash will get 40-50% damage every time they activate their trait anyway, I prefer being able to consistently keep people in the corner rather than having the option of doing some unclashable damage. I'm still improving so that could change, though!

For me, "taking advantage of the interactables" has become waiting for other people to use them so I can phase -> lightning charge before they hit the ground. Obviously if it works out that I'm able to throw them inbetween attacks that's great but you should never really actively try to get to something, most characters have ways of punishing such.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toady posted:

Yeah. I thought Jason's death was a major historical event in the comics, like Barbara Gordon's paralysis.

Yeah but nobody gave a poo poo about Jason Todd, it was historic for Batman.

Jason Todd was the worst Robin. People voted for him to die.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Do you guys think they will give Nightwing his Batman and Robin outfit? From when Dick Grayson was Batman in the comic books.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

AndyElusive posted:

Uh because not only do they not interact with objects exactly the same as gadgets they also have different attacks and attack ranges when it comes to certain ones. Specifically on Atlantis, the stage being discussed?

The only difference on Atlantis is if you can plant a bomb on the stone slab when you jump off it. For other cases, this is still whether or not you can place a bomb. I've never accidentally done the wrong thing because I don't like any of the non-bomb planting gadget characters anyhow. :shobon:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Holy Calamity! posted:

I agree with this in every way. I've found that pipe to be the best part about Atlantis on many occasions. Nothing nicer than a way to quickly close the gap.

gannyGrabber posted:

E: Are you guys sure about the whole gadget/acrobat/power thing? I thought there were only two archetypes...

I like the symmetry of the level, because no other levels have any. The corners are great for any character type to both get in and out of, the globe/slab are also very useful tools. When I play a power character I throw them pretty early, but If I'm playing an acrobat, I use them later to throw off my opponent from my movements. The pipe is a great thing to have on your side if the enemy doesn't expect it, and the throne itself is a pretty good way to tack a little more damage on.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Apparently, Batgirl is gonna be available next week going by Boon's twitter

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/334691283400544257

AWESOME! I'm really looking forward to her, the trailer seemed like she would be all the teleporting goodness I miss from MK.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

JackDarko posted:

Do you guys think they will give Nightwing his Batman and Robin outfit? From when Dick Grayson was Batman in the comic books.

Not before they give him his inane disco collar look first!

E: I cannot wait to see this Injustified into an armored style.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 16, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm still waiting on a Robin skin for Nightwing. I mean the staff is a tim drake Robin thing to begin with, right?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ed Boon's twitter is a fantastic read.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

AradoBalanga posted:

Or got mind-numbingly stupid, which resulted in Superboy Prime punching the walls of reality, resurrecting Jason Todd. Seriously, Infinite Crisis was...weird in places. And that's just the stuff that made it to print, mind you.

This was the best part of Infinite Crisis, and neatly echoed Superman punching a hole in time eight years prior in DC 1,000,000. It was everything else that sucked about Infinite Crisis.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Apparently no one here has tried to blow up the flying car in lower Metropolis hoping to catch somebody coming in only to find themselves doing a steep angle jump kick and whiffing it instead.

:negative:

I've ended up playing as only power characters because of doing that when I try others.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just beat the second ranked guy on PSN NA. Guess that technically makes -me- the second ranked player on PSN NA, right?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

I just beat the second ranked guy on PSN NA. Guess that technically makes -me- the second ranked player on PSN NA, right?

Nah bro it means you're first.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

It only counts if he was a Grundy player. :shepface:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

Offer him advice on how to play better. Post a picture of the resulting explosion.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sentrygun posted:

The only difference on Atlantis is if you can plant a bomb on the stone slab when you jump off it. For other cases, this is still whether or not you can place a bomb. I've never accidentally done the wrong thing because I don't like any of the non-bomb planting gadget characters anyhow. :shobon:

My mistake. Turns out we're both wrong. I thought acrobats leapt off the stone slab and snow globe with jump kicks but I see now how they just use it for spacing. Same deal with gadget characters. Neither classes blow up anything there and both go for the valve instead of punching the glass.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

AndyElusive posted:

My mistake. Turns out we're both wrong. I thought acrobats leapt off the stone slab and snow globe with jump kicks but I see now how they just use it for spacing. Same deal with gadget characters. Neither classes blow up anything there and both go for the valve instead of punching the glass.

Hold down when interacting with the stone slab and probably the globe too with bomb equipped characters. Most of them hold red dynamite that you can see them holding during their jump animation, though Nightwing and probably others have different colored bombs. If you don't hold down you won't plant a bomb and blow up the jumpable object. I know for a fact that the slab can be bombed.

When using objects that have no bomb interaction like the laser in Watchtower, all gadget characters will behave identically. It's only when a bomb is involved that they branch off, and for jump-off objects like the Atlantis slab bomb-carrying gadget characters can opt not to plant bombs.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 16, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

AndyElusive posted:

That kick is loving awesome, though. And you can do it again and again.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sentrygun posted:

Hold down when interacting with the stone slab and probably the globe too with bomb equipped characters. Most of them hold red dynamite that you can see them holding during their jump animation, though Nightwing and probably others have different colored bombs. If you don't hold down you won't plant a bomb and blow up the jumpable object. I know for a fact that the slab can be bombed.

Oh snap. I wasn't holding down when pressing interact. You just taught me something today, sentrygun! :tipshat:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
There's a really good Lex playing on TeamSp00ky right now.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

JackDarko posted:

There's a really good Lex playing on TeamSp00ky right now.

Do you have to wait until a stream is over to watch certain parts of it, anyone?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Do you have to wait until a stream is over to watch certain parts of it, anyone?

Generally yes. When the archives are up, you're looking for NYC Fab (yeah, the Tekken player). He's coming up RIGHT NOW, too: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Generally yes. When the archives are up, you're looking for NYC Fab (yeah, the Tekken player). He's coming up RIGHT NOW, too: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/

He's in loser's finals now.

I kind of want to try Lex now, but I get the feeling I can't do anything with him. How hard are his combos to pull off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
There's not a lot of strict timing involved for anything as far as I know. There's nothing as difficult as the stuff in the post ShadowNinja made a little while ago about Harley.

E: Thanks for the heads up about the Lex on the stream. Would have missed it.

IronMcHardSteel fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 16, 2013

• Locked thread