Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Just finished Lego City Undercover. Quite a fun game, and a great ending. Totally worth the purchase.

Now back to pig hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A system update is being pushed out. 3.0.1.

VVV Just seems like a stability update.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 21, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So...what does it do? :geno:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

All under-the-hood stuff, seemingly.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Boten Anna posted:

This is the best promo for a game ever :aaaaa:

Too bad it sounds like this game is awful, I was really looking forward to it :negative:

Who exactly has said it was awful? Not being confrontational or anything, genuinely interested in previews/reviews about it. My only issue with what i've read is I didn't want to pay full price for a mini-game collection and since it's only going to be $40 dollars I think i'm going to pick it up.

Also if anyone is interested in Super Luigi U it's up for pre-order on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/New-Super-Luigi-U-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00CQ7CIMS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369107000&sr=8-1&keywords=luigi+wii+u

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I found an awesome glitch in Lego City Undercover

I went through the Loop-De-Loop on Apollo Island with a tiny car, I think it was the Silversmith? Anyway, the car flipped over halfway through and then clipped straight through the floor and dumped me underneath the island. Kind of hilarious, except for having to swim back out and find a way back onto the Island.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Nice new thread title. Kind of necessary; I didn't realise how many people didn't know that until I saw all the posts to that effect in the "Wii U is a dreamcast" thread.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

katkillad2 posted:

Who exactly has said it was awful? Not being confrontational or anything, genuinely interested in previews/reviews about it. My only issue with what i've read is I didn't want to pay full price for a mini-game collection and since it's only going to be $40 dollars I think i'm going to pick it up.

Also if anyone is interested in Super Luigi U it's up for pre-order on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/New-Super-Luigi-U-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00CQ7CIMS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369107000&sr=8-1&keywords=luigi+wii+u

People are annoyed because Game and Wario isn't a WarioWare game, instead being more Nintendoland: Wario Edition.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

njsykora posted:

People are annoyed because Game and Wario isn't a WarioWare game, instead being more Nintendoland: Wario Edition.

:confused:

It looks like it has a few different ways you can play, including one that's exactly Warioware. I don't see the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHOyeUN9eWI&t=64s

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

:confused:

It looks like it has a few different ways you can play, including one that's exactly Warioware. I don't see the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHOyeUN9eWI&t=64s

It's a glorified tech demo honestly.

Reading more and more on the Japanese release there's not that many microgames in it and they all have the same background.

I'm still somewhat tempted though :negative:...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's a glorified tech demo honestly.

It was almost a pre-installed game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I loved the original WarioWare and after seeing how charming and inventive a WarioWare style game can be with Frobisher Says I think this entry just looks bad and lazy. It should have stayed as a pack-in.

e: Wario deserves better

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I found an awesome glitch in Lego City Undercover

I went through the Loop-De-Loop on Apollo Island with a tiny car, I think it was the Silversmith? Anyway, the car flipped over halfway through and then clipped straight through the floor and dumped me underneath the island. Kind of hilarious, except for having to swim back out and find a way back onto the Island.

This happened to me today when I took a Segway off a stunt ramp. I ended up in water underneath the world. It also wouldn't let me take a picture.

I just jumped back to the police station. I figure the load time between the cop shop and then going back outside vs time spent trying to find a way back would have been a wash in the end anyway.

e: Speaking of pictures... Where does LEGO City save them, and can I move them to my computer in any way?

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 21, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Leofish posted:

This happened to me today when I took a Segway off a stunt ramp. I ended up in water underneath the world. It also wouldn't let me take a picture.

I just jumped back to the police station. I figure the load time between the cop shop and then going back outside vs time spent trying to find a way back would have been a wash in the end anyway.

e: Speaking of pictures... Where does LEGO City save them, and can I move them to my computer in any way?

Should have taken a screenshot through Miiverse.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

njsykora posted:

It reminds me more of Wii Play. Like, if the Gamepad wasn't a hulking $150 to replace, I could see it being one of those kind of bundle-games.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

It reminds me more of Wii Play. Like, if the Gamepad wasn't a hulking $150 to replace, I could see it being one of those kind of bundle-games.

What drives me nuts is that they should have allowed more than one of those game pads to be used per system. That would have given producers a lot more to play around with game wise and multiplayer wise. Am I the only one ticked that they couldn't find a way to make that possible?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Spiffster posted:

What drives me nuts is that they should have allowed more than one of those game pads to be used per system. That would have given producers a lot more to play around with game wise and multiplayer wise. Am I the only one ticked that they couldn't find a way to make that possible?

It is possible. It says so on the box, and hardware hacks of the gamepad have confirmed it. There's just no games utilizing it because these things cost $150 apparently. How the gently caress they cost that much to produce I have no clue.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Spiffster posted:

I don't get why they made such an elaborate controller, and then made it the "handicapped" controller for multiplayer. Oh, it's for a parent helping his/her kid in NSMBU. Oh, it's so you can get to, I hunno, drop supplies while some other guys play in a different manner.
It just might be because I don't really see the appeal in asymmetrical gameplay, but why wouldn't everyone play with the cool controller? It just seems so stupid to focus so much on the Gamepad, and only let one person at a time play with it.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Iacen posted:

I don't get why they made such an elaborate controller, and then made it the "handicapped" controller for multiplayer. Oh, it's for a parent helping his/her kid in NSMBU. Oh, it's so you can get to, I hunno, drop supplies while some other guys play in a different manner.
It just might be because I don't really see the appeal in asymmetrical gameplay, but why wouldn't everyone play with the cool controller? It just seems so stupid to focus so much on the Gamepad, and only let one person at a time play with it.

Sometimes you have a group together with a few people who play games and want to play something, but there are some people that don't often play so would end up left out. I mean, it's not the only use for asymetrical gameplay, but where someone isn't used to playing games giving them an easy thing to do keeps them involved.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
I imagine just about everyone in this thread owns a Wii U but it might be worth noting the basic is 20% off at target currently. http://www.target.com/p/wii-u-8gb-basic-set-console-white-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-14174036#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=wii+u

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Prowler posted:

I will be happy to use my Wii U again once games start coming out. However, I haven't been able to update the system due to the whole 2.4ghz saturation thing (and 5ghz being taken up by the gamepad). I certainly don't want to contribute even more to the congestion by getting an extender, but...

You can use the Wii wired adapter.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Atomicated posted:

I imagine just about everyone in this thread owns a Wii U but it might be worth noting the basic is 20% off at target currently. http://www.target.com/p/wii-u-8gb-basic-set-console-white-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-14174036#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=wii+u

Even though I'm looking to buy one, I'm avoiding this since the basic feels pretty gimped compared to the deluxe (not even sure why Nintendo had two SKUs) and maybe, just maybe Nintendo will either offer more pack in bundles I'd be interested in, or stores will start to discount the deluxe to make way for PS4/Durango or other Wii U bundles.

That or I'll just buy the Zombiu bundle since that seems to go for around 350 plus shipping in some places I've looked.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 21, 2013

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Nintendo made two SKUs because making two SKUs is just the thing you do. The problem is that the reason you do that is so you can have the cheap crappy one you can use "prices starting as low as" type stuff and manufacture a token amount, and you focus production on the good version people actually want. Nintendo did not realize this and made a bunch of Basics that aren't selling.

Granted, the Deluxes are not exactly flying off the shelves either, but that is for reasons which have been expounded and speculated upon repeatedly. Personally, I agree with the "stupendously bad marketing" angle.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
Anyone else pretty happy with their purchase after watching the XBOXONE reveal?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

VladimirLeninpest posted:

I never planned on getting the Xbone to begin with, but they took a cue from Nintendo and gave it a bad name!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Pretty much. Now all I want to know is how much the PS4 will be and I think I'll be set for the next gen with two consoles. Oh, and the PC of course. :pcgaming:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I liked how often there was some feature they made a big deal of that's already on the Wii U.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

As much as I don't like my Wii U, yes. Just tell me how much the PS4 is (like $399 right, Sony?) and show me Smash Bros Wii U and I'm fine.

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Was JUST going to post this.

There was NOTHING in that conference to sell me on that system. I'm not rabid anti-MS or anything but I wanted to be sold on it. It's basically the BroBox.

Is Nintendo perfect? gently caress no, but I'm a lot more excited for Wonderful 101, new 3D Mario, Pikmin 3 as well as the new Monolith RPG. Not sure about the Shin Megami (?) (sorry -- I don't have a 3DS so I'm not familiar with this series) X Fire Emblem thing but I'm not familiar with those games. Maybe someone can sell me on it?

tl;dr Sticking with the Wii U, will probably also get a PS4.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Boten Anna posted:

I liked how often there was some feature they made a big deal of that's already on the Wii U.

NO NO NO IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT YOU CAN SHOUT TO CHANGE THE INPUT MAN

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A little bit. It certainly made me decide to go PC this time instead of Playstation or Xbox.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Pixeltendo posted:

I never planned on getting the Xbone to begin with, but they took a cue from Nintendo and gave it a bad name!

Xbox360 isn't exactly a shining example of brilliant naming to begin with. They just surpassed my expectations on making it worse. Dear god what idiots.

Looks like I'm just keeping my wii u and ps4 for next Gen consoles.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Well, I've always had a Nintendo console and then one of the other companies systems (Gamecube/PS2, Wii/Xbox 360), but it's surely looking like the PS4 will be my second system of choice unless they actually announce some interesting exclusive One titles that don't involve A) Kinect, B) Sports, or C) Shooting.

e: That Remedy title looked like it could be interesting as long as it's what the trailer implied - A game like Burnout's Crash mode where you try to drive a boat into things to try to rack up as much damage as possible. I'd play the gently caress out of that.

deadwing fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 21, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

deadwing posted:

Well, I've always had a Nintendo console and then one of the other companies systems (Gamecube/PS2, Wii/Xbox 360), but it's surely looking like the PS4 will be my second system of choice unless they actually announce some interesting exclusive One titles that don't involve A) Kinect, B) Sports, or C) Shooting.

Well you're in luck because be sure to be excited when they reveal FORZA ONE which isn't Kinect, Sports or Shooting*!

*Game likely to include elements of all three

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

NO NO NO IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT YOU CAN SHOUT TO CHANGE THE INPUT MAN

To be fair, switching between playing a game to going to the OS looks to be slightly faster than on the Wii U.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Atomicated posted:

To be fair, switching between playing a game to going to the OS looks to be slightly faster than on the Wii U.

And, also to be fair, I'm pretty sure we saw absolutely nothing actually running on a physical console during that whole drat press conference.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not really but if I do buy another system now it's going to be the Playstation 4. I'm inclined towards sticking with PC and holding onto Wii U for Nintendo titles at the moment. I still don't think that justifies what I spent on it. But it is what it is, I guess. Xbox One spent its entire time making me less and less interested in it. It reminded me a lot of the Vita reveal.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was fine with it before because I know that the Wii U will wind up being the place for the console games I want in the coming generation, just like how I wound up with far more Wii games than Xbox 360 and PS3 games.

However, given the post reveal information that's coming out (it's really looking like used games are blocked on the XB1, an absolute lock in on the types of games that I don't care about), it's made me more happy with the Wii U...

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm also pretty sure that the announcement of the EA partnership means that all EA games will be PS4-exclusive come this time next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
The only thing that makes me sad is that Wii U owners will probably miss out on that next-gen CoD dog.

But otherwise, I wasn't even planning on getting an Xbox One because of how burned out I was by their lovely online subscription model.

• Locked thread