Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Haruharuharuko posted:

What is this from because I really want to read it.

Marshal Law, a violent and satirical comic about a super-powered cop who arrests/kills superheroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NiffStipples
Jun 3, 2011
I don't get this one. Is it cause it's a fake iPhone?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

NiffStipples posted:

Japanese? (gently caress if I know) people recreating the famous photo of US victory over Japan at Okinawa.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

VanSandman posted:

Japanese? (gently caress if I know) people recreating the famous photo of US victory over Japan at Okinawa.
Picture in question:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

VanSandman posted:

Iwo Jima

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

VanSandman posted:

I see 4 people in that Ad and only one of them I might guess to be Japanese or even East Asian.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

I hope that's a joke and he or she isn't not rushing that dog to the vet.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SpazmasterX posted:

They may have already called and talked to a vet and the laxative doesn't have enough cocoa in it to effect a dog that size. Not saying "don't call your vet if your dog eats chocolate," but for bigger (not purse) dogs, milk chocolate will usually just give them diarrhea. Dark chocolate is the dangerous one. Regardless, you should always call your vet and ask if you need to be concerned.
:goonsay:

Looks like it's gonna cause fun diarrhea, but not kill the dog. Sorry. It's night and for some reason I'm filtering this through the "emergency or can it wait until normal office hours?" mindset from when I worked at a vet several years ago. I should probably go do something productive.

Bored has a new favorite as of 04:36 on May 22, 2013

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Bored posted:

They may have already called and talked to a vet and the laxative doesn't have enough cocoa in it to effect a dog that size. Not saying "don't call your vet if your dog eats chocolate," but for bigger (not purse) dogs, milk chocolate will usually just give them diarrhea. Dark chocolate is the dangerous one.

I was more worried about the laxative itself than the chocolate.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Well, it's gonna be out of his system pretty quick!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Bored posted:

They may have already called and talked to a vet and the laxative doesn't have enough cocoa in it to effect a dog that size. Not saying "don't call your vet if your dog eats chocolate," but for bigger (not purse) dogs, milk chocolate will usually just give them diarrhea. Dark chocolate is the dangerous one. Regardless, you should always call your vet and ask if you need to be concerned.

I'd be more concerned about the poor thing getting dehydrated from all that pooping.

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

VanSandman posted:

The text on the ad is in English and refers to Rundle Place, a part of Rundle mall in Adelaide, the state capital of South Australia.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

NiffStipples posted:

The picture it is referencing is a well-known image of victory and determination in a terrible war - they are portraying a surrender to shopping. Also they are kinda silly looking.

Shame Boy has a new favorite as of 06:21 on May 22, 2013

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Edit: [repost picture was here]

Have a fire breathing dog then:

Palpek has a new favorite as of 11:57 on May 22, 2013

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

I found it bizarre how the one body part that 99% of men would augment first is unarmored and completely stock looking.

You mean his receding hairline?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Literally 9 posts up the page.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hey it's the guy from The Bends.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Dissapointed Owl has a new favorite as of 19:58 on May 22, 2013

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Agh, tables dude.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Haruharuharuko posted:

What is this from because I really want to read it.

Down With People posted:

Marshal Law, a violent and satirical comic about a super-powered cop who arrests/kills superheroes.

More specifically, it's from the book 'Marshal Law Takes Manhattan'.

If you like it, pick up 'Fear and Loathing' and 'Kingdom of the Blind'; there are other ML books but they kinda go on a downhill quality slope after the three mentioned.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

cowboythreespeech posted:

Agh, tables dude.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi_QqX5ioWM

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

I want this game so badly! :stare:

Edit: It's probably the only trading card game I'd ever play.

Jasta has a new favorite as of 22:53 on May 22, 2013

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Jasta posted:

I want this game so badly! :stare:

Edit: It's probably the only trading card game I'd ever play.

I was so drat tempted to buy it.

Instead I bought a wooden spinning top that turns itself upside down.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bored posted:

To expand, the LD50 for dogs for the chemical in chocolate that causes problems, theobromine, is around 300mg per kg. That lab probably weighs around 27kg or so. Pure milk chocolate (which these are not) has about 50mg of this chemical per ounce. A normal, full size Hershey bar is about 1.6 ounces. The dog is not going to die. The dog is going to poop.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

To expand, the LD50 for dogs for the chemical in chocolate that causes problems, theobromine, is around 300mg per kg. That lab probably weighs around 27kg or so. Pure milk chocolate (which these are not) has about 50mg of this chemical per ounce. A normal, full size Hershey bar is about 1.6 ounces. The dog is not going to die. The dog is going to poop.

I believe the guy posted a followup picture of the dog having puked everywhere after he forced it to eat some hydrogen peroxide.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Ishamael posted:

I believe the guy posted a followup picture of the dog having puked everywhere after he forced it to eat some hydrogen peroxide.

Isn't that a louis ck skit,

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ishamael posted:

Yeah. I was gonna mention that. But since I was thinking about if I had taken the call right after closing and what my boss would have said, she would have wanted to know how long ago the dog ate whatever it ate and we didn't have that information. Since it's kinda useless to induce vomiting once their bodies start metabolizing toxins...iirc.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

"What happens when you feed toffee popcorn to a dog."

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
God, that look of desperation.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I...I think I might have to buy these:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/IaL9toO.png :nws: (no nudity, dude in small swim trunks.)

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/JTJmmCp.png :nws: (same as above.)

From here:
:nws: http://shop.skmpeez.com/EUROZ_swimwear_p/ss11dnz.htm :nws:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Why is there a picture of a two-el llama on the front?

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

I was wondering about the missing L, too. Then I noticed the French text, so... :shrug:

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

gently caress, I was kinda hoping that was a video of the cow enjoying a good spinscratch.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Dusseldorf posted:

Why is there a picture of a two-el llama on the front?

That's clearly a four-l lama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Jasta posted:

I was wondering about the missing L, too. Then I noticed the French text, so... :shrug:

Well Gangs of Lamas isn't very politically correct towards the Nepalese minority.

• Locked thread