Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AndyElusive posted:

I'm curious, if you leave Joker to idle for a few seconds does he shave his helmet with his knife like he does to his face when he's in any of his non-Red Hood alts?

Cus that would be pretty stupid but also kind of glitchy and a little funny.

Haven't tried that, but the battle damage cracks the hood exposing a mostly normal brown eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Everybody knows the only true noob character is The Flash. :flashfact:

Them's fighting words! :mad:

Can't stay tonight, will have to put my Batgirl in the freezer for now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dosvidanya posted:

For some reason in single player training it was showing as "unblockable" but in online training mode the MB version of bola now hits mid. So yeah, guess it's fixed.

edit: I'll prob join some rooms this week (not tonight). I'm out of practice due to Dragon's Dogma lol.

Oh wow, yeah, if you whiff, the MB hit becomes blockable, whereas if you don't whiff, it is unblockable.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I don't know how Jason Todd is even a possibility. There's already too many BatFamily members around, and of course Batman characters will always win a straight poll. There's also the problem that as of today there's already a Red Hood skin in the game. I guess it doesn't make it completely impossible but it'd be really stupid to have two characters share such a similar skin.

Don't give the people what they want. Give them what they need. Give them Swamp Thing.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Good games! I almost have Bane totally figured out. I think that last set put us at 20-10 in your favor as a lifetime total. I'll catch up one day...

I think I really need to find myself a new controller or something, I threw out a lot of really lovely cat dodges, and when I was jumping over you and trying to cat dash back in I was somehow hitting d2, which was pretty wasteful. It's pretty clear to me that Catwoman v Bane is a very favorable match-up for me, though. I have all the tools to beat you, just need to make better use of them...

And I'm not sure if you noticed, but there were times where if you went into your command grab just as i was starting to wake up, I couldn't back dash out of it, which was both awesome and terrible.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Anybody here want to play on PSN? I missed out on the Goon room.

I'm NotAntagonist.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

Good games! I almost have Bane totally figured out. I think that last set put us at 20-10 in your favor as a lifetime total. I'll catch up one day...

I think I really need to find myself a new controller or something, I threw out a lot of really lovely cat dodges, and when I was jumping over you and trying to cat dash back in I was somehow hitting d2, which was pretty wasteful. It's pretty clear to me that Catwoman v Bane is a very favorable match-up for me, though. I have all the tools to beat you, just need to make better use of them...

And I'm not sure if you noticed, but there were times where if you went into your command grab just as i was starting to wake up, I couldn't back dash out of it, which was both awesome and terrible.

GGs. I couldn't figure out how to punish wakeup slash -_- I tried punishing with stand 1 or stand 2 a few times and couldn't get it to punish, so I just assumed that move was safe. Looking at the frame data, apparently it IS punishable and I was just messing up. You'll hear me complain about it once that video finishes uploading.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope all your complaints are in your best TDKR Bane voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

I hope all your complaints are in your best TDKR Bane voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck

He needs that costume in the game, the guy that does the voice in this video should provide the voice work as well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That DICK! posted:

I don't know how Jason Todd is even a possibility. There's already too many BatFamily members around, and of course Batman characters will always win a straight poll. There's also the problem that as of today there's already a Red Hood skin in the game. I guess it doesn't make it completely impossible but it'd be really stupid to have two characters share such a similar skin.

Don't give the people what they want. Give them what they need. Give them Swamp Thing.

For what is worth, Jason's Red Hood is completly different appearance-wise. I still believe that he'll gonna be later since they're been careful to explicitly refer to him like 'Red Hood,Robin' when nowadays he's who the persona is most associated.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
Anyone down for some sets on xbl? I wanna try some new cyborg setups and such.
GT:SuddenBlackout

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AndyElusive posted:

I'm curious, if you leave Joker to idle for a few seconds does he shave his helmet with his knife like he does to his face when he's in any of his non-Red Hood alts?

Cus that would be pretty stupid but also kind of glitchy and a little funny.

Just tried, he doesn't shave only plays with the knife :v:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Just tried, he doesn't shave only plays with the knife :v:

Oh the attention to detail in this game. :allears:

Thanks for checking and satisfying my dumb curiosity, Tzitzi.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Red Hood Joker's hood can also fall apart near the lower half, exposing a normal skin-tone jaw on him. :allears:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to bed before this finishes uploading, but once it's done in an hour or two click here if you wanna see gannyGrabber expose me for the fraud I am:

http://youtu.be/7bTeKXIyfDw

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Injustice at WNF: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I never see anybody playing Grundy in any streams and it makes me not want to play him since I'm guessing the reason you never see him is because he sucks.

But on the other hand you also seldom see people playing Zangeif in SF4 tournaments but the few people that do normally do really well with him.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I never see anybody playing Grundy in any streams and it makes me not want to play him since I'm guessing the reason you never see him is because he sucks.

You're watching the wrong streams man, Grundy brutalizes people pretty hard if he can get close.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

But on the other hand you also seldom see people playing Zangeif in SF4 tournaments but the few people that do normally do really well with him.

Grundy is pretty good. Easy, powerful combos but isn't the best opener. What is cool is you can combo into certain grabs on block.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Liar Lyre posted:

Grundy is pretty good. Easy, powerful combos but isn't the best opener. What is cool is you can combo into certain grabs on block.

What grabs? I know it's not his trait, and Dead Air (bf2) is blockable (which is bullshit, it's a command grab). Do you mean just a normal throw? I really need to learn to use those.

Yardbomb posted:

You're watching the wrong streams man, Grundy brutalizes people pretty hard if he can get close.

Yeah, I think I've seen 3 Grundies on streams, and one of them was good.

But what I was talking about had more to do with the popularity of the character than necessarily how good he is.

I actually like him most of the time, but he has some horrible matchups and he requires a lot of patience and knowing how to block (which I am working on).

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

What grabs? I know it's not his trait, and Dead Air (bf2) is blockable (which is bullshit, it's a command grab). Do you mean just a normal throw? I really need to learn to use those.

Nope, it's trait and Walking Corpse. This guide explains it in detail. But yes, you can guarantee a trait grab in a few situations regardless of hit or block.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Liar Lyre posted:

Nope, it's trait and Walking Corpse. This guide explains it in detail. But yes, you can guarantee a trait grab in a few situations regardless of hit or block.

You can also add armor to his trait by MBing it. I've really found it useful to use when expecting a wake-up from your opponent. As for that Walking Corpse, that thing is just great.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm going to bed before this finishes uploading, but once it's done in an hour or two click here if you wanna see gannyGrabber expose me for the fraud I am:

http://youtu.be/7bTeKXIyfDw

Ack, removed for being too long! How long did we even play for?!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Whoops apparently you need to verify your account to upload long videos. Fixed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bTeKXIyfDw

It's 48 minutes.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Jmcrofts posted:

Whoops apparently you need to verify your account to upload long videos. Fixed it:

It's 48 minutes.

How do you unlock the Rubber ducky hero card item?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rugpisser posted:

Go x number of matches without crouching I think

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jmcrofts posted:

It's 48 minutes.

One thing I notice when playing you is you almost never use your meter for anything. You get enough bars to have full clash just from taking damage if you spend a few in the first "round" so you should be at least be meter burning charge when it hits, or trying to blow up people's normals with armored b3/f3s, or armored interactables. I personally find that almost no one expects armored b3/f3s and that they're really good for getting damage.

e: I'm sure you know after it happened, but I think all, or at least the majority of, supers in this game go through armor.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 23, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Here's a fun game: Watch that video and count every time I use cat dodge. Then count the times I get punished for it! It was never intentional.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blast Fantasto posted:

You've already got FOUR flash costumes!

Doomsday, Sinestro and Black Adam still just have two!

Sinestro better get a Green Lantern alt.

Dosvidanya posted:

Infinites are part of fighting games. Let the community figure out tech to fight it imo.

Man, you're serious, aren't you.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

Man, you're serious, aren't you.

No, I don't believe he is.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Rugpisser posted:

It's one match without ducking. You also get the background that has a bunch of 'No Ducks' on it. I got it on accident with Grundy a little bit ago.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Jmcrofts thanks for posting those match ups. Catwoman is one of my bad matchups (the other 3 are Supes, Doomsday, and Batman) so I appreciate the video.

Regarding meter: Bane has nothing worthwhile to spend meter on but charges, b3 and f3, and body press (did you know that if you meter burn the body press you can choose the direction that Bane throws them afterwards? probably but I thought I would mention it). Because of this, I've started deliberately saving meter and using his super more - working it into combos and with the L3 Venom and it's pretty gross. I also use it to armor f3, using the SICK rear end fact that if you point-blank Bane's f3 it's a cross up.

Again, thanks for posting matchups guys. Keep them coming - I enjoy watching them.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I have a few more coming up today. It's pretty much me getting bopped by SN64's Batgirl.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
So turns out EVERY time my cat dash gets blocked I immediately do a d3.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Here's PerfectLegend. He plays Bane at 10 minutes in and 1 hour 13 minutes in. He does...well. Refers to the character as "Godlike" several times, although to be fair the Batman wasn't playing that great and kind of cracks under the pressure.

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondgaming/b/406485675

Glad I stuck with this character. He's fun.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

So turns out EVERY time my cat dash gets blocked I immediately do a d3.

I know this perfectly well, yet I can't do anything to punish that with Flash! :mad:

With Batgirl, on the other hand...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I really wish they would buff The Flash :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/337629604745453568

Boon is such a dick :allears:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Regarding meter: Bane has nothing worthwhile to spend meter on but charges, b3 and f3, and body press (did you know that if you meter burn the body press you can choose the direction that Bane throws them afterwards? probably but I thought I would mention it). Because of this, I've started deliberately saving meter and using his super more - working it into combos and with the L3 Venom and it's pretty gross. I also use it to armor f3, using the SICK rear end fact that if you point-blank Bane's f3 it's a cross up.

There's also db2~MB in the corner (which sets up an almost inescapable command grab on their wakeup) and dbMB bounce cancel off either b11 or 113 which you can follow with j2 123 XX db1 or j2 22 XX dbf3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Wait, there's a character who can actually get use out of 2 meters for a bounce cancel? :psyduck:

• Locked thread