Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Are those even official? They look fan made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
If there were an axis for hunger, Sasha would destroy them all.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Paracelsus posted:

If there were an axis for hunger, Sasha would destroy them all.

When Sasha started trying to convince everyone that they should raid the outpost for gas, I just wondered if her real plan was to raid the provisions.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I guess that Eren was lucky that he turned into a normal Titan and not one of the small ones, would have been hilarious watching him trying to bite their ankles ineffectively

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

jonjonaug posted:

Are those even official? They look fan made.

Not sure about that specific image but there was an official bonus material type book that had those same charts.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Popo posted:

Not sure about that specific image but there was an official bonus material type book that had those same charts.

Not the same ones at all. Extremely minor stat-spoilers: The stats there were Combat, Maneuverability, Cooperation, Battle Sense (so Intelligence, just more specific) and a special stat that was different for every character, and mostly tongue-in-cheek. So only 3 of the same stats, and I know the numbers were at least somewhat different too - Mikasa had 11 in Combat and Armin 11 in Battle Sense, among other things.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Rexides posted:

I guess that Eren was lucky that he turned into a normal Titan and not one of the small ones, would have been hilarious watching him trying to bite their ankles ineffectively

Him kicking (titan) babies, however, made up for it in hilariousness.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Check out what's new at Japanese McDonald's.

Yes, the Sasha crossover fanart is already rolling in.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

You're now imagining 3 inch tall Attack on Titan action figures that come in happy meals, scaled to do battle with human-sized titans.

EDIT: Actually doing the math to figure out how large an Attack on Titan action figure would need to be to be scaled correctly with a 5 foot, 6 inch human playing the part of a 15-meter Titan really sank in just how huge the titans are. If a 15-meter titan was scaled down to 1.7 meters, then a 1.7-meter tall human in that scale would be less than twenty centimeters in height. The smallest-class four-meter titans would be less than half a meter, and the 60-meter Colossal Titan would be 6.84 meters, or about 22 feet. In other words, if a 15-meter class titan was human size, then the Colossal Titan could still look over the roof of a two-story house.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 27, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mary Annette posted:

Wait, so a regular large fries is close to 600 calories?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Have you ever eaten at McDonalds? Eating their fries is like drinking a cup of salt mixed with grease.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

If a 15-meter titan was scaled down to 1.7 meters, then a 1.7-meter tall human in that scale would be less than two centimeters in height.
Less than 20 cm you mean.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Segmentation Fault posted:

You're now imagining 3 inch tall Attack on Titan action figures that come in happy meals, scaled to do battle with human-sized titans.

EDIT: Actually doing the math to figure out how large an Attack on Titan action figure would need to be to be scaled correctly with a 5 foot, 6 inch human playing the part of a 15-meter Titan really sank in just how huge the titans are. If a 15-meter titan was scaled down to 1.7 meters, then a 1.7-meter tall human in that scale would be less than two centimeters in height. The smallest-class four-meter titans would be less than half a meter, and the 60-meter Colossal Titan would be 6.84 meters, or about 22 feet. In other words, if a 15-meter class titan was human size, then the Colossal Titan could still look over the roof of a two-story house.

Yeah, but if you scaled it all down so that the Colossal Titan was one meter tall, you'd still have some pretty cool toys :D

Daww, look at that little 3cm Sasha with her tiny potato accessory :3:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Sorry Corals posted:

Less than 20 cm you mean.

You're right! I moved a decimal place too many. Fixing!

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
About that chart, does it display their blood types? We really should know each characters blood type before we judge this chart. It's important.

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.
Conjecture: Seems reasonable to assume that all of the abnormal titans have human pilots. The only one that's been killed so far is the jumping one, and Eren bit its neck off, so there wouldn't really be anything left to inspect. I also wonder if all of the abnormal titans are the result of some kind of manipulation, like Eren's father was injecting Recon soldiers with that stuff who then turned into the abnormals after getting eaten.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I thought the one Mikasa killed that was running towards the civilians in EP 6 was an abnormal titan?If they were all piloted then wouldn't we have seen one then?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Rabbi Tupac posted:

I thought the one Mikasa killed that was running towards the civilians in EP 6 was an abnormal titan?
Yes, they've called titans that act in a strange manner, or at least act differently from what you'd expect of a titan, 'abnormal.' It seems to be a catch-all term for what doesn't match what is generally known and/or assumed about Titans.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

We're talking about any titan that seems to move with a logic and purpose to its movements. The Angry Titan putting up its dukes to assume a fighting stance last episode was clearly a movement that shows some sort of intelligence, so was the Colossal Titan taking a swing at the armaments at the wall or the Armored Titan shoulder-loving the gate into the wall. These are all actions that have nothing to do with just eating people, and imply some sort of larger awareness.

This implies that not all titans are sentient, but there seems to be a class of titans that ARE. Those are the three options that stand out to be the most obvious, we may have seen other titans so far that deviate from simply 'abnormal' titans but none come to mind immediately.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 27, 2013

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.
I wonder if the smaller titans are the ones made from children/babies :gonk:.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Insurrectionist posted:

Not the same ones at all. Extremely minor stat-spoilers:

Oh, whoops. Sorry about that. I should have remembered the gag stats.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Rei_ posted:

We're talking about any titan that seems to move with a logic and purpose to its movements. The Angry Titan putting up its dukes to assume a fighting stance last episode was clearly a movement that shows some sort of intelligence, so was the Colossal Titan taking a swing at the armaments at the wall or the Armored Titan shoulder-loving the gate into the wall. These are all actions that have nothing to do with just eating people, and imply some sort of larger awareness.

This implies that not all titans are sentient, but there seems to be a class of titans that ARE. Those are the three options that stand out to be the most obvious, we may have seen other titans so far that deviate from simply 'abnormal' titans but none come to mind immediately.

Then Mikasas running titan could fit those criteria. It avoided the soldiers and went straight for the civilians.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Affi posted:

Then Mikasas running titan could fit those criteria. It avoided the soldiers and went straight for the civilians.
It could have been running towards the gate to escape, if it was a former civilian eaten while trying to evacuate. The civilians were between it and the gate, and Mikasa and everyone else would assume it was going for the people since that is what titans normally do.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
As a fan of Hyouka I found this hilarious:

As for the latest ep, I kinda figured that the rage titan really was Eren as did most of us, but I really hoped the story wouldn't have gone in that direction. I feel like it cheapens the show. I'll still be watching, of course, because this is still the best show this season. :black101:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The authorities being freaked out by a human titan is pretty reasonable. Their entire defense strategy involves keeping the Titans out, so to let one just pal around in the middle of their army is an incredible risk. If he's left in the army, near fellow recruits and supplies, he'd be in the perfect position to cripple their defenses all at once. Sure, the only time he transformed he was on the human side, but there's no reason that he could control it a second time.

I think they're going to sentence him to death by exile.

Give him a few soldiers as backup, a mountain of gas and food, and an all-season hunting license for Titans.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Squidster posted:

The authorities being freaked out by a human titan is pretty reasonable.

I agree. In these kind of scenarios, the viewers usually have tunnel vision from what they know and how they like the characters, which makes the reaction of "the state" seem short-sighted and wrong, but in the end it's the only normal reaction.

j4on
Jul 6, 2003
I fix computers to pick up chicks.
For example, it's completely logical for the state to assume that Eren always knew he could transform into a titan, in which case the question is why didn't he say anything.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Rexides posted:

I agree. In these kind of scenarios, the viewers usually have tunnel vision from what they know and how they like the characters, which makes the reaction of "the state" seem short-sighted and wrong, but in the end it's the only normal reaction.
If that happens it's the fault of the writer. If the series is as intelligently written as people say, understanding or even sympathizing with their motivations shouldn't be a problem.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mary Annette posted:

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35942353

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
A different kind of parody:

The VAs of Connie, Mikasa, and Eren sing Guren no Yumiya

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

My God, the falsetto "ho! ho! ho!" are too hilarious.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ahahahahaha, the botch at the start, and the barely-contained laughter throughout most of it finally breaking down during the ho-ho-hoing was amaaaaaazing!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I lost it at the end, when one of them starts saying the "This show is brought to you by..." part and then bursts out laughing.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ever since the episode where Eren got eaten, Japanese nerds have been finding reaction videos of Americans who haven't read the manga watching the anime on Youtube and reposting them to niconico to comment on them. It's gone on for several episodes now so I guess it's becoming a Thing. Here's the tag (Assault on Gaijin series) if anyone's curious.

I also like that after there were a lot of comparisons of the entry scene of the rogue titan in episode 7 to Eva that they've taken to calling it "Erengelion".

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Bakanogami posted:

Ever since the episode where Eren got eaten, Japanese nerds have been finding reaction videos of Americans who haven't read the manga watching the anime on Youtube and reposting them to niconico to comment on them. It's gone on for several episodes now so I guess it's becoming a Thing. Here's the tag (Assault on Gaijin series) if anyone's curious.

I also like that after there were a lot of comparisons of the entry scene of the rogue titan in episode 7 to Eva that they've taken to calling it "Erengelion".

Oh god that was far too amusing for what it was.

And yeah, Erengelion has been around since the manga chapter.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Holy poo poo when that titan slowly walked up to the soldiers hanging on that platform, I started getting really, really anxious. So well done.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

After the Colossal titan vanishes posted:

"What are Eotenas I hate this loving translation"
Some of those AoG clips are pretty great

Eren's monologue in the mouth posted:

"Better get your rear end out of there"
Same reaction I had :buddy:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 28, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I knew the Titan had to be something related to Eren but to have him literally be piloting it? Eh... I would have hated the reveal if it wasn't for Mikasa's reaction. The way she just break down in happiness and relief was too human to ignore.

That said, c'mon Sasha you're supposed to be my number you can do better than that I'll forgive you because that moe titan was hella creepy

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I knew the Titan had to be something related to Eren but to have him literally be piloting it?

It really doesn't seem to me that he's "piloting" it. It's more like whatever a "titan" is absorbs him and uses a person's base instincts to function. I doubt he was conscious at all during the whole thing, he certainly didn't recognize Mikasa or Armin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

Bakanogami posted:

Here's the youtube link to one of the reaction composite videos that's on the Japanese site (which you need to register for)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaYqjVJvHgk

I think the best part of the episode was when Mikasa, who has been really loving calm (even her commander wonders wtf she'd been through) throughout the battle, breaks down in tears upon seeing Eren alive. Really hit home that Mikasa's first priority is keeping Eren alive.

• Locked thread