Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I agree, spoil the little guy/girl. Let's impress Gundam with our care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Oliver Crowley posted:

I say we cover our bunny in whatever gifts we can afford that won't prevent us from covering out less digital friends in the best gifts.

But, it's a video game, so they're all equally digital?

If starving to death didn't raise the critter's skull-meter, there must be some other way to do it. I want to fill up all the little icons; if it's easier to fill up the heart-shaped icons first, then so be it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

SingerOfW posted:

Why do I have this funny feeling that Nanami is bad at dating sims?

Maybe but with her whole "life is a game" thing, I think she is using her "some games i'm not good at" statement to mean something in real life that she is genuinely not good at. Which probably is social interaction or dating or something.

But anime has taught me that being good at dating sims makes you a God of Romance in real life too, so I guess we agree on this :v:

Max the Fabulous
Oct 30, 2012
I vote to pamper the bunny. Can't be mean to an animal in a game about anime high schoolers murdering one another. That would just be crossing a line.

quote:

A game that isn't fun isn't really a game, you see. Besides, a game you get nothing out of whether you win or lose is meaningless.

quote:

Not all games have happy endings, but you should always be left with something meaningful after you beat a game.

Also, I kinda like that Nanami's getting a little bit meta here. It just seems like a pretty rad idea of what to expect out of a game, and what the dev team were probably hoping to achieve themselves with Dangan Ronpa; entertainment, a sense of accomplishment, something meaningful. Nanami's a much more interesting character than I expected her to be.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
Not only did Gundam lecture us on proper care of animals, Nanami was just talking about how great it is to do your best at games, and hey, little tamagotchi things are totally a game. This is clearly a sign. We must go all out for the sake of our two wise buddies. Spoil the rabbit. Spoil her rotten!

Lamhirh
Sep 8, 2012
It looked like it had both hope and despair points? I think we should raise it to be a little Monorabbit and indoctrinate it with despair.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lamhirh posted:

It looked like it had both hope and despair points? I think we should raise it to be a little Monorabbit and indoctrinate it with despair.

I believe the little skulls indicate how close to dieing it is.

HoneyAltoid
May 28, 2013

Bean posted:

You don't even know how much I love bunnies. (See: my username.) My own bunny is spoiled rotten, you should spoil the poo poo out of this bunny too.

If the itty baby puff binky wants mineral water than the itty baby puff binky should get mineral water. :colbert:

Your name is Bean though, I'm incredibly confused as to what that has to do with bunnies. Hopefully we won't get done with this bunny and realize it was a huge waste of time haha. Like maybe it's just a new diaper for the monobeasts minigame.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I tried some searching and I didn't find any mention of this.

Junko Enoshima's title is "Super High-School Level GYARU" in the original version, I think, with gyaru as in kogyaru etc. indicating fashion. But what if it's a pun? What if it's interpreted as "Super High-School Level Girl", with the implication that she's good at everything?

It would explain the weirdness in DR0 and her attitude. She's bored of everything because there is literally no challenge for her. She's Despair inducing because she makes it so that nobody else should bother with anything.

I guess I'm really posting this as a question to oren and the other Japanese speakers to ask if this is the kind of pun the author (or an author) would make?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

orenronen posted:

I listened to Tanaka spin tales about the political wars of the sorcery world.

Why is this just a throwaway line? I would read the poo poo out of Gundam's version of Harry Potter.

Geg
May 29, 2013
Welp the paywall went up immediately after I got to Togami's murder so that kind of forced the issue of whether to buy an account or not :v:

If there's anyone here who's imported this, the PSP is region-free isn't it? So if I were to import this game and play it on my US PSP it would all work fine? I'm really interested getting this game for myself and I can understand and read Japanese fairly well, but my main problem is I have a pretty minimal knowledge of kanji so I'm afraid that if I import it I'll have trouble with understanding everything given most of it isn't voiced. Would it be possible to play through the game and get the general gist of the story even if I can't read all the kanji or would the text-heavy nature of it make that impossible?

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

HoneyAltoid posted:

Your name is Bean though, I'm incredibly confused as to what that has to do with bunnies.

I'm assuming it has to do with Bean Bunny from the Muppets.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

hyphz posted:

I tried some searching and I didn't find any mention of this.

Junko Enoshima's title is "Super High-School Level GYARU" in the original version, I think, with gyaru as in kogyaru etc. indicating fashion. But what if it's a pun? What if it's interpreted as "Super High-School Level Girl", with the implication that she's good at everything?

It would explain the weirdness in DR0 and her attitude. She's bored of everything because there is literally no challenge for her. She's Despair inducing because she makes it so that nobody else should bother with anything.

I guess I'm really posting this as a question to oren and the other Japanese speakers to ask if this is the kind of pun the author (or an author) would make?

I think you're reading into it a lot. Gyaru translates to "Gal" and is a fashion culture in Japan (which you seem to know about). I don't think its intended to be much more than that, besides perhaps being part of that social commentary I think Oren said Spike was doing.

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
I'd like to throw in a vote for Spoiling the hamster somewhat - that way, at least one thing on the island won't want to murder us, unless it turns out our virtual pet thing was Chihiro's AI and was secretly the mole all along or something equally silly.

And hey, if that does happen, maybe lavishing gifts on it will help quell its murderous rage. :v:

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
I think the Trio the Punch videos have broken my mind a little.

Meanwhile, we should pamper our digital pet by giving it all the digital gifts it wants using our hard-earned digital coins.

HoneyAltoid
May 28, 2013

Miss Kalle posted:

Ahh that makes more sense hahaha. Thank you I was really confused.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Miss Kalle posted:

Yup, that's me.

I want to show off, I needed a few tee shirts for screwing around this summer, so I got creative:

EDIT: How safe is it to Google or GIS DR1 characters? Will that come up with DR2 spoilers? Surely not, but this series, man, this series.

Bean fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 29, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SingerOfW posted:

Why do I have this funny feeling that Nanami is bad at dating sims?

This was my guess too, either dating sims or co-op games that require you to work with another actual person to succeed. Maybe the character arc ends with us getting to play some Jolly Cooperation with Nanami?

Bean posted:

Yup, that's me.

I want to show off, I needed a few tee shirts for screwing around this summer, so I got creative:

I like the idea, and the red eye is well-done, but the fact that the black one is just not a perfect circle bothers me so drat much for some reason whenever I look at it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I vote not to pamper Chibimi. This LP has a strict no spoiler policy.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bean posted:

EDIT: How safe is it to Google or GIS DR1 characters? Will that come up with DR2 spoilers? Surely not, but this series, man, this series.

Don't google anything Dangan Ronpa related.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
Pamper the poo poo out of our tamagotchi.

So if someone kills one of the Dark Gods, would that result in a school trial? I mean besides when Gundam inevitably murders whoever he thinks did it. Because that would be hilarious and Dangan Ronpa is a learning game, dammit, and we need to know more about the life cycle of hamsters.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser
Pamper that digital bunny. After having it die covered in its own filth, I think you owe it that much.

Bean posted:

Unless you are super god damned precised you should never Google something DR related. I was looking for pictures of Mukuro earlier and I caught a glimpse of something I know is DR2 that made me super sad. So yeah Spoilers will be a thing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Admiral Curtiss, you hadn't added me on Skype yet, is there another way to contact you?

Out of curiosity, at this point do most of the people reading this thread already know at least something that's going to happen?

Edit: Not really related to anything but the HE-HE-HEY at the start of the trailer made me think of the Monomi's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeSnG-6v2lk

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 29, 2013

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Lazy art and a half-baked joke once again

I swear one day I'll draw something that's actually funny

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

tiistai posted:

I liked it. V:shobon:V

Personally, I hope it's boring simulators about boring things.

HoneyAltoid
May 28, 2013

Hahaha I liked the comic, it made me snort a little. That's a cute pairing now that I see them together. You're igniting my shipping sense ha.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I liked it. V:shobon:V

Personally, I hope it's boring simulators about boring things.

What? Simulators are what going to get them off this island. You all laughed at Nanami's simulator, but who else will fly the plane or drive(?) the sub that'll take them off the island? Nagito? Motherfucka crazy.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I say we pamper that cute widdle bun-bun. I forget though- do we get anything special out of it? Feel free not to answer if it's creepy and/or spoilery.

HoneyAltoid posted:

Hahaha I liked the comic, it made me snort a little. That's a cute pairing now that I see them together. You're igniting my shipping sense ha.

Might want to keep the shipping talk down, hoss. It leads to creepy places, and while slowbeef is generally easygoing, he's paying extra-attention to the thread.

And yes, I know we're generally supposed to report this stuff instead of telling people about it, but Altoid's obviously new and might not have gotten used to SA culture yet. What can I say? I'm a soft touch :shobon:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
So wait, now Nanami has a powerglove? Well obviously she's going to form a team of professional fighting game players and sponsor them under her empire because the type of games she sucks at are in fact fighting games as she can not compete on a professional level herself. EMP Chiaki Nanami let's go.

HoneyAltoid
May 28, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

I say we pamper that cute widdle bun-bun. I forget though- do we get anything special out of it? Feel free not to answer if it's creepy and/or spoilery.

Might want to keep the shipping talk down, hoss. It leads to creepy places, and while slowbeef is generally easygoing, he's paying extra-attention to the thread.

And yes, I know we're generally supposed to report this stuff instead of telling people about it, but Altoid's obviously new and might not have gotten used to SA culture yet. What can I say? I'm a soft touch :shobon:

Ah I didn't see anything about mentioning shipping in the rules or anything, I paid attention to the 'hot button' things that mod look for but if it's listed forgive my poor memory. I won't get into it then.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
If you can relate something back to the term "fandom" in any way, shape, or form, there's a good chance it isn't kosher to talk about. This applies to all media, not just Dangan Ronpa.

Ed:

tiistai posted:

This is really cute. Please keep doing stuff like this.

Lance Streetman fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 29, 2013

Bonehilda
Apr 27, 2013
I guess if we're not really losing anything by pampering the bunny, then let's pamper the CRAP out of that bunny.

Oh man, the timing here was perfect. I chuckled.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
This is pretty awesome. If I may offer a critique however, I think the eyes should be farther apart, and maybe an eensy bit larger. My brain wants to make the shirt as a whole into Monobear's head, so it wants the eyes to be proportionately place on the "head" (the black and white ackground.) It's still really great, though! I love the tie-dye style execution. HEH. Execution.

On a related note (because one of the things I got was a t-shirt), I've just gotten back from Japan and got a decent amount of DanganRonpa merch. :neckbeard: I'll post them when I get a chance to upload them from my camera, and if/when I get oren's approval that there's definitely no spoilers in there.

Also please pamper dat pet. We have to make up for killing it once already. :ohdear:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Anatharon posted:

Admiral Curtiss, you hadn't added me on Skype yet, is there another way to contact you?

Wrong thread, but I did actually, unless there's somehow two "slanash" on Skype?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

HoneyAltoid posted:

That's a cute pairing now that I see them together. You're igniting my shipping sense ha.

I figured that might happen. I apologize.

I admit, I thought of dating sims first too. Hinata's thoughts here are kind of meant to represent the player's thoughts, not "canon Hinata's", but there just wasn't a good way to make that come across, so I didn't even bother.

In short, the shipper is the butt of the joke. So meta.

Pretenshious
May 18, 2013

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO BE CLEVER, JOE. EVERYONE ENDS UP DEAD.
I say that we should spoil the bunny, too. It should live a good, happy virtual life before it's inevitable demise- plus we just talked to Gundam. If anything should make us want to take care of our pets, it's talking to the SHSL Animal Breeder.

Kay Kessler posted:

I honestly don't understand why anyone would waste one of their votes for a character who is obviously not gonna be available. What, did you think you and Nagito could hang out while he's bound and gagged? Remember, a minimum of 2 characters die each chapter. What if Nidai dies next? Or Koizumi? They'd die without a single free time event because a bunch of people "wanted to see what happened" if you tried to talk to an incapacitated guy.

What, has the idea of a captive audience never interested you even once, Kay? :rimshot:

As for the '2 characters per chapter dying', remember that we'll still get to see all the free time events eventually- oren did say there was an easier way to do it, so we're not really hurting our chance to learn about all the characters by indulging our whims.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Wrong thread, but I did actually, unless there's somehow two "slanash" on Skype?

Two As. "Slaanash"

Also the other DR thread is closed.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Anatharon posted:

Also the other DR thread is closed.

Honestly, it should've been awhile ago. It turned into a DR general discussion thread, and I think something like that's more appropriate for Games or ADTRW. In fact, there was a Dangan Ronpa thread that oren started in Games, but I'm not sure if it got archived or not. But if anyone wants to start a general DR thread outside of LP, I think it's appropriate.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

slowbeef posted:

Honestly, it should've been awhile ago. It turned into a DR general discussion thread, and I think something like that's more appropriate for Games or ADTRW. In fact, there was a Dangan Ronpa thread that oren started in Games, but I'm not sure if it got archived or not. But if anyone wants to start a general DR thread outside of LP, I think it's appropriate.

The Games thread is still there (on page 7, last post on the 26th):
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486078

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

ulmont posted:

The Games thread is still there (on page 7, last post on the 26th):
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486078

Er, one warning. DR2 spoilers are there, but they're covered with spoiler tags. Proceed with caution.

• Locked thread