Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

curiousCat posted:

Spoil her!

I agree we should waste all our coins in our own little pet that way we might be able to earn a god of destruction from Tanaka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
We're here to have a peaceful tropical vacation and makes friends, aren't we? I say we make our little bunny pet as happy as possible.

orenronen posted:

We might all turn into sheep at some point, too.

It is the killer. Do not die.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

orenronen posted:

So, how happy should we get this bunny? Are we cheap and just do what we can to keep her alive, or do we spend our hard-earned Monobear coins on lots of presents? Opinions, please!

After that lesson from Gundam on giving short-lived creatures the best possible life, I think we're obliged to pamper her.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I say we pamper the little bunny. Mostly because it'll force you to play the unfun minigames some more. :unsmigghh:

SingerOfW posted:

Why do I have this funny feeling that Nanami is bad at dating sims?
Because awkward anime romance

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Call Now posted:

Hey Oren, isn't it Roborovski?

Damnit, you'd think I'd've caught that in the five minutes I spent looking up stuff about Hamsters.

(I considered having Gundam refer to Golden Hamsters as Mesocricetus auratus.)

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Fedule posted:

Damnit, you'd think I'd've caught that in the five minutes I spent looking up stuff about Hamsters.

(I considered having Gundam refer to Golden Hamsters as Mesocricetus auratus.)

Also, the hamster subfamily is spelled cricetinae :v:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Call Now posted:

Also, the hamster subfamily is spelled cricetinae :v:

I *thought* it was fishy that the Always One Typo didn't come from me this time around.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'm not sure what I was expecting from Nanami, but other than her sharp uptake in investigations and trials, she's pretty dull. I suppose I shouldn't complain though, since I've already said that too many 'over the top people' can be trying. :v:

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 28, 2013

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Fedule posted:

I *thought* it was fishy that the Always One Typo didn't come from me this time around.

Well, since you brought this up, you did write "theee" in the last VLR update.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Kill the wabbit.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Goddammit guys,

orenronen posted:

Are you guys ever going to not fall for this?

I put all of my hope in the possibility of a chat Hannibal Lecter style with Nagito, and this is how we got repaid. :argh:

In return for playing with our feelings for the nth time, I think playing a Tamagotchi-like minigame should be enough punishment, so waste as much monocoins as you can on the rabbit.

Coco Bear
Feb 16, 2011

orenronen posted:

After all... they have only 1095 precious days from their birth to live on this planet.
That's three years. And the time skip is supposed to be about three years, right? So unless Gundam is the traitor/mastermind, or the time skip was a lie, the Four Dark Gods might not have much time left. :(

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

orenronen posted:

Are you guys ever going to not fall for this?
Maybe I want to see what the game says when you try. :colbert:

TheGreyPotter
Apr 27, 2013

Coco Bear posted:

That's three years. And the time skip is supposed to be about three years, right? So unless Gundam is the traitor/mastermind, or the time skip was a lie, the Four Dark Gods might not have much time left. :(

Going off that: if they spent three years together at Hope's Peak, it's very likely that one or all of the Dark Gods would have died at the school. But if even one of them had died and been replaced by monobear, Gundam probably would have noticed. He gives a lot of time and attention to The Four Dark Gods. He'd probably spot in an instant if their markings or behaviors changed even slightly.

Unless his memory was tampered with, but geez, how complicated can this memory-fixing thing get?

Also, I vote pamper the bunny. For Gundam.

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
When you initially asked the question about the pet I didn't care much but now after hearing Gundam I say spoil it all you can! Also I can't believe there was a Trio the Punch reference, this is the greatest.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
We really should pamper our pet, so that if it dies like the last one, it will have had a good life.

thrips
Apr 27, 2013

orenronen posted:

I do not expect you to ever have the chance, but if by some miracle you do...
If you find yourself master of one of my beasts, they require regular exercise, comfortable bedding and the highest quality food.

This better not be foreshadowing. :ohdear:

What else can you spend coins on besides presents? If it doesn't prevent us from seeing another feature, I'm all for spoiling our beast.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I honestly don't understand why anyone would waste one of their votes for a character who is obviously not gonna be available. What, did you think you and Nagito could hang out while he's bound and gagged? Remember, a minimum of 2 characters die each chapter. What if Nidai dies next? Or Koizumi? They'd die without a single free time event because a bunch of people "wanted to see what happened" if you tried to talk to an incapacitated guy.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kay Kessler posted:

I honestly don't understand why anyone would waste one of their votes for a character who is obviously not gonna be available. What, did you think you and Nagito could hang out while he's bound and gagged?

Not only did it not take an action to go check out Nagito's situation, can't I just hope we can hang out with him?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Holy crap, did this game seriously just reference Trio The Punch: Never Forget Me?

Now I want fanart of Chiaki doing the W Fist.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

I honestly don't understand why anyone would waste one of their votes for a character who is obviously not gonna be available. What, did you think you and Nagito could hang out while he's bound and gagged? Remember, a minimum of 2 characters die each chapter. What if Nidai dies next? Or Koizumi? They'd die without a single free time event because a bunch of people "wanted to see what happened" if you tried to talk to an incapacitated guy.

Voting for Nagito didn't prevent us from having free time with 2 people, plus one of my favorite moments in the DR1 LP was Naegi trying to spend free time with Syo.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Now I know everyone just has a category of gifts they like, but seeing Chiaki's reaction to a power glove specifically is great.
I love the power glove... it's so bad.

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

Jasper Chalks posted:

Should that be peanut butter bread, or is it just some food I haven't heard of?

This was mentioned during DR0, if I remember correctly. Butter peanut bread is, in fact, its own separate thing. I can't find anything on Google because pretty much every variation of the search returns stuff about peanut butter. Oren, might I ask what this stuff is called in Japanese? I'm curious about it now.

Kay Kessler posted:

Don't talk down to people for not thinking about the vote the same way you do. Besides, Oren has mentioned before that some of the post-game stuff deals with missed free time events, so everybody's going to be covered eventually.

BigDB
Mar 21, 2013
If we don't spoil our precious little pet after that session with Gundam, that would be blasphemy. Spoil the rabbit silly!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

You read the update, right? You noticed that we still had two free time events, right? Onen hasn't punished us up till now for picking people who are unavailable, I don't know why you think he's going to start.

I'd like to see what happens when you spoil the rabbit, personally.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Armanky posted:

Don't talk down to people for not thinking about the vote the same way you do. Besides, Oren has mentioned before that some of the post-game stuff deals with missed free time events, so everybody's going to be covered eventually.

I honestly wasn't talking down to anyone. I don't think less of anyone for voting how they want to vote. If that's how it came off, I apologize.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

dereku posted:

I agree we should waste all our coins in our own little pet that way we might be able to earn a god of destruction from Tanaka

I concur.

And for those who haven't yet looked up that game, Here you go.

5:30 is where the sheep thing makes....sense?

Sporkaganza
Feb 19, 2013

I'm bakayuya tomgami

SingerOfW posted:

Why do I have this funny feeling that Nanami is bad at dating sims?

So I'm not the only one who thought so. Social interaction is hard, man! Even if most dating sims don't have much to do with how socialization and romance actually works.

Plus, I'm pretty sure at this point that the game is setting up a romance between her and Hinata, which would kind of make that sort of a... foreshadowing, I guess? That would pay off with them becoming closer.

The other way to pay off that setup, of course, is for Nanami to die.

Mersenne
Oct 9, 2012

Prime Suspect

"Oh...? How amusing. Do try to keep me entertained, ehehe..."

thrips posted:

This better not be foreshadowing. :ohdear:
On the contrary, I hope it is foreshadowing, because the thought of Hinata having a cute little hamster buddy Dark God of Destruction :black101: at his disposal for future investigations amuses me to no end. :allears:

Also, regarding the age of Gundam's hamsters, I'd probably just go with Occam's Razor on this one and say that whatever form of stasis the kids were in before waking up in that classroom also worked on the little critters.

On that note, I'm gonna say that we should definitely raise Chibimi all the way, since I'm honestly curious as to what gets unlocked once she hits max hope points, if anything.

HoneyAltoid
May 28, 2013

Ah Gundam is so drat cute with his hamsters. Such a weirdo. I'm glad he got one of the votes. I hope we'll get an opportunity to spend time with Souda next time. How long are the polls open for generally to vote? Curious of what kind of games she's not good at.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
Pamper the hell outta Chibimi! The real thing gets pushed around too much for me to feel comfortable with neglecting her. :( I'm too much of a softie.

Also, Nanami's quote about game endings / experiences is... rather apt. But kind of heartwarming in a way, I guess.

MagicalWasabi
Apr 28, 2013
I also vote to pamper the hell out of that bunny. .. but that's just because I'm a sucker for that sort of silly thing. Don't disappoint Gundam. :ohdear:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Pamper that sucker.

I'm actually kind of touched by the concern and care that Gundam has for his pets. He's not such a bad sort, once you get past the whole dark and mysterious sorcerer thing.

Oliver Crowley
Apr 28, 2013

Consult your pineal gland, schmuck.
I say we cover our bunny in whatever gifts we can afford that won't prevent us from covering out less digital friends in the best gifts.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.
I say let's give a lot of gifts and love to this fictional digital rabbit because I'm pretty sure only good things can come from it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

As wary as I am about digital rabbit AIs, I'm going to have to agree that we should pamper the hell out of it, if only to make Gundam proud.

Antoinette
May 1, 2013
My childhood instilled a strong affection for tamagotchi pets into my soul, so I'm going to say spoil the bunny. If this pet gets treated like gold then maybe I won't feel quite so distressed about the short sad life of the previous pet.

HoneyAltoid
May 28, 2013

So long as it doesn't interfere with giving gifts to classmates, take good care of her! I'm curious as to what'll happen if you fill up the hope meter. Can we just give it water repeatedly?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I kept forgetting the thing existed so I'd like to see what happens if you go all out on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
You don't even know how much I love bunnies. (See: my username.) My own bunny is spoiled rotten, you should spoil the poo poo out of this bunny too.

If the itty baby puff binky wants mineral water than the itty baby puff binky should get mineral water. :colbert:

• Locked thread