Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

WendigoJohnson posted:

It's an absolute crime that America has yet to get a single train sim.

Pokémon Snap does not count.

How about Train Simulator 2011, 2012, 2013...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

I have tons of SNES systems :cripes:

I literally just got Super Mario World with the manual for $5 at a thrift store, so its a sign!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm a big Train Simulator fan, but haven't played Densha de Go. From what I've seen, it seems to push to the edge of what makes train driving fun. Relaxing stretches of time keeping an eye on your speed followed by a sudden burst of having to be incredibly precise. It's a really cool balance.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I have tons of SNES systems :cripes:

Still? I thought you sold most of them off after you finally hunted down your white whale?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

That reminds me, my Rakuten order actually shipped, with a tracking number and everything, and it looks like it cleared customs yesterday. I even have my conductor's hat*.

* - Actually a policeman's hat from a cheap halloween costume

A Yolo Wizard posted:

That is a beast of a controller, and the best part about it is at $199 it's technically cheaper than a DDG Type 2 controller.

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 29, 2013

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Still? I thought you sold most of them off after you finally hunted down your white whale?

So did I. I would have PMed you to buy one off of you rather than likely pay more at my local retro game chain store.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
In the two PS1 Spider-Man games, if you entered a swear into the cheat menu Spidey would pop up and punch it turning it into a nicer word like "daffodil."

I never really named my characters bad words as a kid until high school when all my friends and I dug out our Pokemon Reds and Blues. Then everyone's rival was ADOUCHE or something similar. Though ever since before I knew what it meant I named my Ryhorns "Horny."

I've always just gone with whatever the "canon" name was for characters. If they don't have one I'll do something like "Protag" or in the case of SMT games that give you a first and a last name, "Piro Tagonist."

Also this is the name of my current Dragon Quest 3 character:

At least one of you has to get it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I hate selling on eBay because of all the stupid fees and people claiming 3 months later they never got the item.

I was thinking of optical audio modding them before selling them for extra :10bux: but it's such a monstrous pain-in-the-rear end of a mod that the amount I'd have to add for it to be worth my while would be something I doubt anyone would want to pay.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My wife has given me an ultimatum and I have to ditch my 27" Trinitron. If anyone in the Montreal area wants it it's yours, I'd rather not put it out on the curb where it'll just be gutted for the copper inside.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
So I placed my Rakuten order on the last day of the shipping discount sale (two weeks ago from this Friday) and I've been just patiently waiting, but now people are getting their orders and I haven't even gotten the confirmation e-mail for mine. Is there anyone else out there who has placed an order during the sale and hasn't been asked to confirm yet? Barring that, who should I be contacting (rakuten or surugaya) and should I be trying to do so in Japanese?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A Yolo Wizard posted:

I see no spot for a pocket watch. No sale :colbert:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

univbee posted:

My wife has given me an ultimatum and I have to ditch my 27" Trinitron. If anyone in the Montreal area wants it it's yours, I'd rather not put it out on the curb where it'll just be gutted for the copper inside.

She demanded a xrgb mini or she was going to divorce you right? :shepspends:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

flyboi posted:

She demanded a xrgb mini or she was going to divorce you right? :shepspends:

We don't have the space or the spinal integrity for it, I have to admit she has a point. I already have an XRGB3 so it's not a big deal. I'd much rather it goes to someone who knows what it's for and will appreciate it.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D

Looks like I'm going to have to get into some King of Fighters I see. Thank you.

'98 is a good place to start, it's well balanced. I personally like '99 a lot.

2001-2002 are steaming piles in my opinion. I've never played them, but there's also '98 UM and '02 UM (updated versions) - they'd probably be easy to get, i think on ps2.

TheRedEye
Sep 10, 2003

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU!

al-azad posted:

I hope you didn't pay more than $20 for this.

If you can find these for less than $20 I'll give you $40 each for them and double your money (before doubling my money on eBay).

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

the_lion posted:

'98 is a good place to start, it's well balanced. I personally like '99 a lot.

2001-2002 are steaming piles in my opinion. I've never played them, but there's also '98 UM and '02 UM (updated versions) - they'd probably be easy to get, i think on ps2.

98UM and 2k2UM have 360 releases and are the easiest to get going that route. 98UM did get a PS2 release in the US but 2k2UM was only on PS2 in Japan.

Also agreeing that 98 is the best place to start if you're new to KoF. There's still a lot of people that play it on GGPO, for example.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

al-azad posted:

I hope you didn't pay more than $20 for this.

A comment like this, in this thread of all threads? Please.

Edit :

Oh and due to no signups for a full month RGGE:SUMMER GAMES IS NOW LIVE!
You should now know who your giftee is. Gift Exchange Date is still July 31 2013, you have 2 months to find something awesome and put it in a box.

I went to great lengths to try and restrict international people from not getting matched with people that dislike international postage. Let me know if I hosed up, but it's not something I can easily change right now (without removing links and attempting a manual draw type thing)

Good hunting everyone :D

midge fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 29, 2013

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

midge posted:

Edit :

You should now know who your giftee is. Gift Exchange Date is still July 31 2013, you have 2 months to find something awesome and put it in a box.

I went to great lengths to try and restrict international people from not getting matched with people that dislike international postage. Let me know if I hosed up, but it's not something I can easily change right now (without removing links and attempting a manual draw type thing)

Wait how the gently caress did I miss this? :(

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Quidnose posted:

It went on for a few pages when I first set it up. It's also up at the 2nd post in the thread since the day it started.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515794&userid=51201&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post414783635

:(

If we get any drop outs I can try and get you in there.

midge fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 29, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

midge posted:

Did you try to make sure people got Santas who would meet their needs? Because you got me a good Santee :3:

Also, I was recently in Toronto for a business trip and stayed downtown around Charles St E and Bloor. I noticed there were two places selling retro games right near my hotel, and saw a third on Dundas. I couldn't find the time to visit any of them, but do you know if those stores are any good?

ETA: Got the street names wrong. Fixed.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 29, 2013

Unmature
May 9, 2008

midge posted:

Edit :

Hell yeah. Notified my Santee. Can't wait to see all the awesome gifts we give each other.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

zari-gani posted:

Did you try to make sure people got Santas who would meet their needs? Because you got me a good Santee :3:

Also, I was recently in Toronto for a business trip and stayed downtown around Charles St E and Bloor. I noticed there were two places selling retro games right near my hotel, and saw a third on Dundas. I couldn't find the time to visit any of them, but do you know if those stores are any good?

ETA: Got the street names wrong. Fixed.

There are a few places in town, but they are jack the prices to the usual retailer degree. Notable examples are A&C on Spadina and Game Centre on Yonge. I've never parted money in either store, it's normally cheaper to buy from the US and pay the shipping.

Nice time you are in town send me a PM! Was it for TCAF?

Edit : Holy loving typos.

midge fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 29, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

midge posted:

There are a few places in town, but they are jack the prices to the usual retailer degree. Notable examples are A&C on Spadina and Game Centre on Yonge. I've never parted money in either store, it's normally cheaper to buy from the US and pay the shipping.

Nice time you are in town send me a PM! Was it for TCAF?

Being from a large Canadian city myself though, I had a feeling the prices would be jacked up. Good to know.

Yep, I was selling my wares there. I go to Toronto every few years so I'll let you know next time!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Hooray Rakuten day!

They didn't tell me the cube & player were complete in box but hey, I'm not complaining.

I however am complaining about the lack of digital port on the cube. Oh well I guess I can cancel my other order for the digi cable and deal with it. Oh and I gota JP21 > Euro scart adapter and a 32x plug for model 1 with stereo passthrough.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hmm... a tricky Santee for me. Still, I think I can find some special things for them.

TheRedEye
Sep 10, 2003

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU!
Hey, any Crystalis fans? You should buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350801007893&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

This was a promo-only poster given out at CES, so it's absurdly rare. I have one, and it's the only other one I've ever seen. The print job on it is excellent, it's very frame-able.

This came from the collection of the same guy I got mine from, he was smart enough to just packrat all the game stuff he could get his hands on at CES and keep it all in mint condition. As far as I can tell he's basically the only guy who did this, he's kind of a hero.

EDIT: I'll die before you get the Kabuki Quantum Fighter poster I also got from this dude.

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008
Another Rakuten post for the pile.

Some brainbusting pro wrestling action: Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special, Fire Pro Wrestling D, Atsushi Onita FMW, and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.

Some brainbusting puzzlers: Super Bomberman Panic Bomber World, Guru Logic Champ, Puyo Puyo Tsuu and Puyo Puyo Sun.

And some other misc. stuff: Shigesato Itoi's No. 1 Bass Fishing, Yoshi's Safari, Rhythm Tengoku, Congo's Caper, Aero Fighters, and a Super Game Boy

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Hammond Edgar posted:

Some brainbusting pro wrestling action: Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special, Fire Pro Wrestling D, Atsushi Onita FMW, and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.
Hahaha holy poo poo, Atsushi Onita FMW. I remember that at one point you fight a guy who turns into a mushroom with boxing gloves, which is only slightly more :catdrugs: than actual FMW events at the time.

in_absentia
Feb 6, 2008

LYNCHINGS ARE WHAT GIVE THE SOUTH ITS CHARM!
:3:
(not a bigot)
Does anyone have a nice clean SNES 1 shell they would be willing to part with? My childhood snes works like a champ, except the case is all busted up.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
You guys got your Rakuten stuff already? They haven't even charged me yet.

I made my order May 14th. Everything from Surugaya.
May 16th, added a few more things, also from Surugaya.
May 21st, Surugaya asked me if the order was correct and if I wanted to go through with it. I said yes, and to combine it with my other order from them. They asked what the two order numbers were (how they could not find this on their own is beyond me) and I supplied them with it.
May 27th, they replied "We will combine the order. Thank you".

How in the unholy hell can an order from May 16th still not be shipped yet? :psyduck:

There's no way in hell these savings are better than just going to eBay. Of 5 orders on Rakuten in my life, I've successfully received 1.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Oh Christ I just noticed my Santee is in Australia. Unless he wants an instruction booklet to an unpopular Game Boy Color game, I don't know if this is gonna work out.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There's no way in hell these savings are better than just going to eBay. Of 5 orders on Rakuten in my life, I've successfully received 1.

It's why I just use Amazon.co.jp's marketplace. The extra shipping sucks but Rakuten's ordering process is absurd.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

TheRedEye posted:

This came from the collection of the same guy I got mine from, he was smart enough to just packrat all the game stuff he could get his hands on at CES and keep it all in mint condition. As far as I can tell he's basically the only guy who did this, he's kind of a hero.

The file cabinet full of CES flyers and such I donated to the Strong a couple years back all came from a guy in Wisconsin who did the same thing and decided to just give it all to me when cleaning house in the late '90s.

/humblebrag

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Quidnose posted:

I did the Christmas one and it ruled but I put off signing up for this one way too long and now I'm in the same boat. If all else fails we can send each other something random.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Tyson Tomko posted:

I did the Christmas one and it ruled but I put off signing up for this one way too long and now I'm in the same boat. If all else fails we can send each other something random.

I put signing up off for a while and forgot about it. Should've put up a reminder first.

Ah well, no big deal.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

flyboi posted:

Hooray Rakuten day!

They didn't tell me the cube & player were complete in box but hey, I'm not complaining.

I however am complaining about the lack of digital port on the cube. Oh well I guess I can cancel my other order for the digi cable and deal with it. Oh and I gota JP21 > Euro scart adapter and a 32x plug for model 1 with stereo passthrough.

Is it basically just a crapshoot whether you get something complete in box if you order something like this?

Also, does anyone know if the Gameboy Player hardware is region specific? I assume not?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blaisedell posted:

Also, does anyone know if the Gameboy Player hardware is region specific? I assume not?

The hardware itself isn't, but the disc it comes with is. You can use a US disc with it, there were definitely some people back in the day who imported a color-matched GB Player and then bought a $20 disc from the Nintendo Shop.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

midge posted:

What page are all the sign ups on?

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

fatpat268 posted:

I put signing up off for a while and forgot about it. Should've put up a reminder first.

Ah well, no big deal.

Perhaps, but I've been getting PM's from people about the lack of new signups for 3 weeks now. I just assumed that anyone that wanted to have signed up would have done so in the last month. I last posted about it 4 weeks ago when I was doing a roundup of names.

The same thing happened last time when I let it run it's course. People forget poo poo, it happens.

Like I said, if someone drops out I can try and sort out something.

EDIT : I've figured out a way to add latecomers. Please PM/POST your information in the next 6 hours for addition to the draw. Use the template in the 2nd post of this very thread for the format. I will send you a personal invite link after you've posted, so please include an email address if you don't have PM's.

Ambitious Spider posted:

What page are all the sign ups on?

They are spread across the thread. You can do a search for "RGGE" and find most of the posts.

midge fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
RGGE:Summer Games Summer 2013

2. Will you ship international?
I can if necessary but would much rather spend my moolah on actual stuff vs shipping.

3. A list of your consoles
NES, SNES, 64, GC, Wii, GB/GBC/GBA/DS, Virtual Boy, Sega Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, 32x, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Xbox, Coco2, PSx, PS2.

4. Favorite genres of game
- Side scrolling shootem up (ex Final Fight, Double Dragon, Sonic Blast Man)
- Horizontal and Vertical Shooters (ex Gradius and Legendary Wings
- Games that are super fun that shouldn't be (ex Family Feud or A Boy and His Blob)

5. Any specific requests. It's worth mentioning I am extremely easy going and it's virtually impossible for you to get me something I won't like. I could post a big honkin list of what I have or want, but this should be doable. Let me know if you need any more specifics:

- Any Karoke discs so I can use my JVC X'Eye to its full potential
- NES Zapper games I don't have (Baby Boomer, Chiller, Robocop 2, Lone Ranger, Day Dreamin' Davey

- Sega 32x games: Star Trek Starfleet Academy, BC Racers, Spider-Man Web of Fire
- a GBA flash cart
- Waterworld on VB

6. You may include an optional "do not send" list. Don't want 5 EA titles showing up in the mail? Say so.
The only sports games I'm really into that I don't have are bowling and golf games, and even then I've got almost all of those I could ever want/need. I also don't need anymore cool gaming apparel unless you've got a dope Metal Man tie or something. I'd prefer not to get any loose discs but hey beggars can't be choosers.

---- I will be home in about 5.5 hours and only getting seconds here and there to update this, but I will get this post updated/current before the 6 hour deadline no matter what :zoid:

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 29, 2013

• Locked thread