Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

TheAceOfLungs posted:

Well, what else is there to do between updates? ;)

Locking the loving thread, if this is the alternative. Jesus.

edit: Thanks, Waterhaul!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Roy mentioned that a few hours have probably passed since they entered the corridor and got caught up in the illusion. I forget how ability drain/damage from a vampire's bite works in 3.5, but is it possible Belkar might have gotten some of his Con back while they were standing around having The Best Daydreams EverTM? I realize he's still probably a stiff breeze away from dying, but I'm curious as to whether or not he's recovered any at all.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 3, 2017

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Nope. Vampire bite is ability drain, not damage, so it sticks around until you get a restoration spell.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can't we just talk about Rusty and Co. like we normally do between updates?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The recent update speed has been pretty good. I do wonder what's taken Nale so long if it's really been a few hours. The maze must be pretty confusing even without illusions.

Now this is something worth talking about in this thread.

My guess is that Roy and Haley shut the door behind them which could have reset the traps. And since the Linear Guild's trap-finder is stuck on a couch watching TV for the time being, they're having a hard time blowing through the door to get to the Phantasm Trap.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Now this is something worth talking about in this thread.

My guess is that Roy and Haley shut the door behind them which could have reset the traps. And since the Linear Guild's trap-finder is stuck on a couch watching TV for the time being, they're having a hard time blowing through the door to get to the Phantasm Trap.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that! Well, the pyramid is kind of like a maze, anyway, isn't it? Could the LG simply be lost?

ETA: Sorries for my contributions to the derail; I like a good debate, but I can see now that this topic is too big for casual discussion on a webcomic thread. Handshakes all around?

TheAceOfLungs fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 29, 2013

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It would be funny if they turned around and Nale's group has been just off panel to the left, tranced almost the whole time(vampire mechanics be damned)

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

greatn posted:

It would be funny if they turned around and Nale's group has been just off panel to the left, tranced almost the whole time(vampire mechanics be damned)

It's an Epic Spell made by an Epic Illusionist that lived decades ago. If it'd make for a good story, Rich would put in some disclaimer so that it works on the undead.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

oobey posted:

Oh wow that sure is a lot of posts in the OOTS thread, I bet a new comi--

Oh.

:suicide:

Yeah this derail sucks, let's talk about vampires being hit in the face with garlic pizzas.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I loved every one of the earlier arcs, but I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the current one. It's too long and the "lol hipsters" joke ran thin like four months ago. :(

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

I loved every one of the earlier arcs, but I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the current one. It's too long and the "lol hipsters" joke ran thin like four months ago. :(

I think that the long-ness is just a side effect of the action scenes with a once-a-week updated schedule. The fighting-in-ernest only started 10 or 12 pages ago, which translates to February.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
72 new posts, something amazing must have happened! ... gently caress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Well then, how about fighting a minotaur with a pan? I'll admit the sight gag in the last panel amused me.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cat Mattress posted:

Well then, how about fighting a minotaur with a pan? I'll admit the sight gag in the last panel amused me.

So that's a comic about the ancestors of Brock Samson, right?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Wanderer posted:

So that's a comic about the ancestors of Brock Samson, right?

No that one is mainly about naked monsters and gay humanoids. It's... ok I guess.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cat Mattress posted:

"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"

Fried Chicken posted:

72 new posts, something amazing must have happened! ... gently caress

:ohdear:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I really hope nobody accessed the site between 12 and 3 am last night. :ohdear:

Edit: Seriously, who the gently caress is gunning for this site? First it was the DDoS and now at the first sign of an opening someone tries to gently caress it over again!?

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 30, 2013

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I really hope nobody accessed the site between 12 and 3 am last night. :ohdear:

Edit: Seriously, who the gently caress is gunning for this site? First it was the DDoS and now at the first sign of an opening someone tries to gently caress it over again!?

2nd Edition purists! :argh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

builds character posted:

2nd Edition purists! :argh:

Fools! First edition is the only pure edition! :doom:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

prefect posted:

Fools! First edition is the only pure edition! :doom:

Blackmoor/Chainmail or bust. :colbert:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

New strip
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0891.html

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I guess a few hours living out the rest of your life gives you a new perspective on your impending doom.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

i wouldn't be surprised if it was for cyber-protection money.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Ah, Elan. Never change.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

RentACop posted:

History's greatest monster

Yes?

I think we're gonna see a scene change pretty soon, I hope we flash to V and she reunites with the party soon, that would really signal we're getting close to being done with the desert gate.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:golfclap: Well done, Elan.

Well done, Rich, for proving you can write emotional scenes without word bubbles larger than entire panels.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Rich hasn't shown Belkar following Roy&Co.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Heads up: my antivirus just blocked a malicious redirect when I checked the comic. You might want to avoid the site for a bit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fool_of_sound posted:

Heads up: my antivirus just blocked a malicious redirect when I checked the comic. You might want to avoid the site for a bit.
Yeah, the place had been broken into for a few hours. It's fixed now, though.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010
That was the best punchline we've had in a while. :) Poor Elan, so unused to praise.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Looks like the fantasy trip fast-forwarded Roy past his grief and now he's less of an rear end in a top hat to everyone. Now he won't drag everyone down with him into a depression, which is a neat solution I think.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

nimby posted:

Looks like the fantasy trip fast-forwarded Roy past his grief and now he's less of an rear end in a top hat to everyone. Now he won't drag everyone down with him into a depression, which is a neat solution I think.

That makes me wonder if there are going to be any other "life lessons" learned from the time they "spent" in there that will end up applied retroactively.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

Ursine Asylum posted:

That makes me wonder if there are going to be any other "life lessons" learned from the time they "spent" in there that will end up applied retroactively.

:v: "Hey, guys, remember that scene in the dream where we resurrected the Draketooth clan and they told us everything about how to control the gate?"

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The fantasy world is there to protect the gate, at best it'll give you info on how to use the gate to kill yourself in a massive explosion.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Well, we know the illusion doesn't assimilate information from the outside world - there were many differences based on what the characters knew or believed. Even if Girard had to seed in his own knowledge to make it work, he'd hopefully realize most people tripping the illusion would dearly want to know as much about them as possible.

And I must say, I didn't see where the illusion was going, but this payoff has been excellent. I love Elan's immediate insistence that a bunch of dreams and good feelings would, indeed, help them defeat a powerful epic lich. It's the sort of lesson many of the grognards on the GITP boards can never understand.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Danzou posted:

It's the sort of lesson many of the grognards on the GITP boards can never understand.
Girard is a good guy after all, he clearly placed a magic encouragement effect in the illusion spell. :downs:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
It just occurred to me to be concerned that several hours have passed and V hasn't found them yet.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Sefer posted:

It just occurred to me to be concerned that several hours have passed and V hasn't found them yet.

Speaking of which: it's been several hours, and the Linear Guild hasn't found them yet. Maybe they ran into some trouble?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Mikl posted:

Speaking of which: it's been several hours, and the Linear Guild hasn't found them yet. Maybe they ran into some trouble?

Real Xykon maybe? If a few hours passed it seems really unlikely that his teleported force wasn't in the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

They'll bump into real Xykon any minute now and mistake him for another illusion.