Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sammus posted:

This pack costs $4. It has 20000 AUR, a Guristas Saga LAV BPO, and some other poo poo.

In other words, it's a huge deal, the AUR is worth way more than $4.

The description says 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

That's because it's from before they did the 10x increase on Aurum. After these older packs came out, CCP decided to change up the values, it says 2000 on the card, but when you input the code, you get 20000.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 30, 2013

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Feenix posted:

The description says 2000.

I think that's a misprint on the card. The one I bought also said it can be redeemed for 2,000 AUR but gave me 20,000.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Reminalt posted:

I think that's a misprint on the card. The one I bought also said it can be redeemed for 2,000 AUR but gave me 20,000.

You got one already? Did you have any problems redeeming it? I remember that there were some PSN codes that came with games that actually were expired but a call to customer service, I believe, cleared it up. Also, did the seller email it to you? I might go ahead and spring for it, too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Can you use more than one card?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

You should be able to, yes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sammus posted:

This pack costs $4. It has 20000 AUR, a Guristas Saga LAV BPO, and some other poo poo.

In other words, it's a huge deal, the AUR is worth way more than $4.

I paid $8 for that same pack last week. :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I paid 20 for the Merc Pack for the 40K AUR this afternoon, and just got 2 of those vouchers for 7.98 totaling 40K.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are there any tangible differences (aesthetics aside) between the 3 racial Medium Suits that I should be aware of?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Yes, yes there are. Study this, then make your decision.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeesh...

So it looks like

Amarr for the PG/CPU
Caldari for Shields
Gallente for Armor
Minmatar for Movement

That seems to cover it unless I'm missing something obvious... (Other than the unique modifiers per level at the bottom...)

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
There are four medium suits, and that spreadsheet doesn't list them (unless they're functionally identical to Assault suits, I don't pay attention to medium frames). Or is he talking about medium suits in general? Assault is likely to be Caldari, from what I've heard, Logi is Minmatar.

Those are also all Proto Level suits, but the only change that happens is PG/CPU and weapon, high, low, and equipment slots as you go down. Minmatar are speedy as gently caress, well balanced and versatile suits. Caldari are heavily into shields, Gallente armor, and Amarr are primarily into looking cool, and being similarly versatile (if differently) like the Minmatar. Honestly Slots and PG/CPU are the most important things, to an extent. All the stats are important but you can make your suit do other things. Except be stylish. The Amarr have a monopoly on that.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Feenix posted:

Yeesh...

So it looks like

Amarr for the PG/CPU
Caldari for Shields
Gallente for Armor
Minmatar for Movement

That seems to cover it unless I'm missing something obvious... (Other than the unique modifiers per level at the bottom...)

Also the fact that medium lets you skill into either Logistics or Assault, which have varying levels of usefulness with each class.

The stats on assault suits are the same as the medium frame, but you get the racial bonuses as well, which for certain setups are pretty worthless. Like the Gallente Assault, I think, because the shield recharge is pretty rear end if you are armor tanking, and the reduced PG/CPU for hybrid weapons is useless unless you use hybrid weapons.

Similarly, the Amarr racial sucks unless you use laser weapons, and the Minmatar racial sucks unless you use flaylocks. And finally, the Caldari Assault racial is worthless because you should be a Caldari logi instead.

tldr; unless your going logi your SP can be better used elsewhere if you stick with the basic medium frame for a while

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 30, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wait so do I not wanna spend SP on specific medium suits at all then for now? Just get a militia suit and pump the poo poo out of my rifle?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I meant more like: pick a race, let to level 3 so you can use adv suits, and work on getting modules to fill it up, then when you have a better picture of what you want to do you can go to proto/skip ahead to assault or logi since you only need level 3 basic frame to unlock them/switch to a different build since ultimately not much SP was wasted.

Basically, a prototype suit isn't going be beneficial if you are running all militia modules which will cripple your PG/CPU and be more expensive for you to lose constantly.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Edit - NM

Tentacle Party fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 30, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The spawning in this game is quite often asinine.

I just died ( after my original post) the second I spawned. The second!

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Sammus posted:

You should be able to, yes.

My understanding is that this card only works on US PSN accounts, so EU buyers beware.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Feenix posted:

It's not uncommon for me to spawn 20 feet in the air at the beginning of a match. I've yet to see it happen to someone else though.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Feenix posted:

Being spawn camped sucks.

Luck plays a certain part sometimes when you spawn. One thing to watch out for is where you'll be respawning, as shown by the circle in the spawn menu. In most modes, at most times, you'll have multiple places to choose from. If a location looks like it is behind enemy lines, or there are no friendlies nearby, it's a good bet it's being camped.

It's one of the things you get a feel for the more you play the game.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Enter Char posted:

It's not uncommon for me to spawn 20 feet in the air at the beginning of a match. I've yet to see it happen to someone else though.

I spawned in the wrong MCC once. That was a fun 20 seconds.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today'd Hotfix fixed the excess ISK you may have gotten during the respect.

If you're now in the negative, I shall laugh at you. Dr. Eyjo G does not gently caress around.

Don't be like these guys:

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83218&find=unread

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83217&find=unread

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83225&find=unread

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83209&find=unread

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 30, 2013

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Uba Stij posted:

Today'd Hotfix fixed the excess ISK you may have gotten during the respect.

If you're now in the negative, I shall laugh at you. Dr. Eyjo G does not gently caress around.

Don't be like these guys:

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83218&find=unread

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83217&find=unread

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83225&find=unread

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83209&find=unread

We should start a new meme from these posts: MY RESPECT

Actually no, that's a terrible meme.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.
There were a couple people who made some corp donations in that time (nothing that huge) but if you request it back, you'll get it.

Those that request money back who didn't donate will get booted :wink:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you give Dexter Peabody his money back, he's crying over it.

(Yes I know who Dexter is on this forum)

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Hmm, I think I'm gonna spec into Minmatar Assault or Caldari logistics when I get around to spending my points. It depends on if I decide I like sniping the most, or not.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Hazdoc posted:

Hmm, I think I'm gonna spec into Minmatar Assault or Caldari logistics when I get around to spending my points. It depends on if I decide I like sniping the most, or not.

Sniping is the best thing in the world when you get a good spot. Having said that, it is quite useless on two (city) maps.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Just be prepared for sniping as a logi, with no sidearm if you get sneak attacked you are toast. You do get to carry an uplink and a hive, though.

Unless that's not what you meant.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Exioce posted:

Sniping is the best thing in the world when you get a good spot. Having said that, it is quite useless on two (city) maps.

Apparently I'm one of the more competent snipers on the team. When I get a chance to, I'll share my sniper fit and see if anyone has anything similar or possible improvements for it.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Just be prepared for sniping as a logi, with no sidearm if you get sneak attacked you are toast. You do get to carry an uplink and a hive, though.

Unless that's not what you meant.

I don't snipe as a Logi whatsoever since that sort of defeats your purpose wearing a Logi suit. The uplink may be useful but eventually they'll just spot where you dropped it by the blog of Blues. The nanohives are far more useful for a sniper. I run a regular Medium suit, though I need to check if Assaults provide any benefit.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 30, 2013

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'd be sniping with the Minmatar suit, so I can carry a Sniper and the SMG for close range protection. The Caldari Logi suit would be for general purpose stuff, probably using an AR.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Uba Stij posted:

Apparently I'm one of the more competent snipers on the team. When I get a chance to, I'll share my sniper fit and see if anyone has anything similar or possible improvements for it.

I don't snipe as a Logi whatsoever since that sort of defeats your purpose wearing a Logi suit. The uplink may be useful but eventually they'll just spot where you dropped it by the blog of Blues. The nanohives are far more useful for a sniper. I run a regular Medium suit, though I need to check if Assaults provide any benefit.

I use an Assault suit to snipe and I usually have an armour plate and repper in my lows. Silly and generally useless, I know, but I can't think of anything that might be the better option. Highs are damage mods.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Hazdoc posted:

I'd be sniping with the Minmatar suit, so I can carry a Sniper and the SMG for close range protection. The Caldari Logi suit would be for general purpose stuff, probably using an AR.

Amarr has the sidearm, not the Minmatar!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Exioce posted:

I use an Assault suit to snipe and I usually have an armour plate and repper in my lows. Silly and generally useless, I know, but I can't think of anything that might be the better option. Highs are damage mods.

That sounds like a decent fit. Like I said I'll show off my fit tonight when I'm home.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Armor rep is great for sniping. I always used to use an assault suit for sniping before Uprising, but the Minmatar assault suit with 5 high slots might be okay. I'm just not sure how fitting would work with it given its lower CPU/PG to go along with those 5 high slots.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

bigmcgaffney posted:

Amarr has the sidearm, not the Minmatar!

I know, I'd be using Minmatar Assault.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

I know, I'd be using Minmatar Assault.

Wouldn't you be better served by Caldari just by having more high slots for damage mods? It seems like sidearm capacity isn't that important to sniping.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Enter Char posted:

Wouldn't you be better served by Caldari just by having more high slots for damage mods? It seems like sidearm capacity isn't that important to sniping.

Don't forget about diminishing returns with the damage mods. 2 is good, 3 is the most you should ever put on in my opinion. (Note: this does not apply to extenders/plates.)

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Arcaeris posted:

When do you get out of "Academy" matches? I don't feel like I'm good enough to play with goons and I have no voice chat yet, but I don't want to play Ambush anymore.

Play with goons. We're all terrible and being alone sucks.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm an idiot. I never thought about stacking damage or armor modules. Innnnnnnteresting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Samahiel posted:

Play with goons. We're all terrible and being alone sucks.

Goons need to play less Skirmish and more Ambush :colbert:

• Locked thread