Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

AtomikKrab posted:

Nice couch. How is it holding up to cat? It looks sturdier than my lovely couch.

It's an Ikea futon that we're using temporarily until we get a real couch. Sturdy and very claw-resistant, assuming that I trim Refurb's claws every couple of weeks. She doesn't scratch it, she just climbs it since she can't jump that high:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Crap, she's got the adorable plaintive face on.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Oh nothing to see here! Just a demon cat crawling up from the depths of hell.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Never stop posting pictures of these two. I have such a soft spot for dilute torties. :3:

the tits
Mar 17, 2011

mophymophymophy

Refurb has the prettiest eyes. :swoon: And that "glimpsed the abyss" expression... :catstare: :ohdear:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

defenestratrix posted:

Refurb has the prettiest eyes. :swoon: And that "glimpsed the abyss" expression... :catstare: :ohdear:

I was getting a "THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED" vibe. Considering it's Refurb, maybe it's more like "WHY HAVE YOU AWAKENED THE SLEEPER GIVE ME BELLYRUBS AND TREATS".

the tits
Mar 17, 2011

mophymophymophy

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I was getting a "THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED" vibe. Considering it's Refurb, maybe it's more like "WHY HAVE YOU AWAKENED THE SLEEPER GIVE ME BELLYRUBS AND TREATS".

True, "glimpsed the abyss" is really more like

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

I love your duo :)

I don't want any more damned cats but one of my greatest wishes at present would be to get a young cat that actually liked my dog rather than tolerating him

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The "I'm getting my rear end kicked by a piece of white fluff" pic is my favorite Refurb pic

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

defenestratrix posted:

Totally worth clicking for bigger

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Crossposting from the Pet Loaf Contest thread, I realized that I never provided evidence that Refurb belongs to me.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Golden-i posted:

Crossposting from the Pet Loaf Contest thread, I realized that I never provided evidence that Refurb belongs to me.

:3 Aww Refurb's channeling Appa Cat. Or Iggy Pop. Or a meth head. And jeez, Tycho is part shark or something!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is Tycho a graboid?

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is Tycho a graboid?

Everyone has aspirations.

the tits
Mar 17, 2011

mophymophymophy
Refurb's fur looks so soft. Wanna pet dat kitty.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
It stopped raining for a bit today, so field trip time!

Tycho loves this corner, he just sits and looks over the yard for hours.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I'm loving all the feedback here, you guys are the best :)

Favorite comment from YOSPOS: "Time to overclock this son of a bitch"

I went to a Twins baseball game this weekend and brought a souvenir home for Tycho

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Haha, such a calm dog

What was refurb doing in the background there?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

c355n4 posted:

Haha, such a calm dog

What was refurb doing in the background there?

Being cat, most likely.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wish my corgi would let me put stuff on his head while he's laying down :( That must be the Jack Russell or whatever in Tycho.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Luisfe posted:

Being cat, most likely.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
It's rather funny that Refurb happens to be a dilute tortie, since she's not the first "tortie" that I've had in the house. Actually, she's the third in the house right now, though the others aren't the feline type.

Today she got to meet one of the others: Georgia the Russian Tortoise.

This is the first time I've been comfortable doing this. I used to take the tortoises out all the time, but I haven't since even before I got Tycho well over a year ago. However, these two furballs have proven to be very predictable and reliable so I was confident today... but also very close by just in case. Tycho was too busy sleeping to care to visit, but Refurb had to see what the hell this thing was.

Just for background's sake: I got Georgia back in high school, maybe 11th grade or so. That was about 7 years ago now, and she was this size when I got her so I conservatively figure her to he 10 years old, though maybe older. She's a cutie.

But all adorable things must end, and she's got tortoise poo poo to do. Over to the left.

Just a quick visit, no need to overstress Georgia. Maybe I'll bring my other Russian Tortoise out next time, too, but that's another thing for another day.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Just a few more miscellaneous shots

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Tycho and Refurb are the greatest goddamn pair ever.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

When I saw the thread title, I thought your animals were named taco and rhubarb.

Even though they don't have cool food names, they are still good pets. Enjoy the gifs too.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Just posting to say that Refurb is in my top 3 of interweb cattes

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Your pets are too freakin' cute :psyduck:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

JD posted:

Just posting to say that Refurb is in my top 3 of interweb cattes

Abbeh posted:

Your pets are too freakin' cute :psyduck:

Thanks!

Tycho's my favorite part of these shots. "Sigh... she's at it again."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Refurb looks like she's seen something truly horrifying.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Dog bath day! Which is generally not good news for the dog, I guess...

Refurb watched the entire time he was outside drying off.

"Oh look how warm and dry I am inside, ooooh it's sooooo comfy"

He's not a fan of being wet.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Golden-i posted:

Dog bath day! Which is generally not good news for the dog, I guess...

The Saddest Dog

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Golden-i posted:

He's not a fan of being wet.

Butters does this after bath time but I think it's a sign of him being excited to be clean, as much as it is him trying to dry off.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Christmas card material right here.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Took Tycho out to a nearby restaurant that has a dog-friendly patio. He insisted on sitting in a chair.

They even brought out a water bowl and ice for him :3: There's really not enough dog-friendly places around here.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Golden-i posted:

Took Tycho out to a nearby restaurant that has a dog-friendly patio. He insisted on sitting in a chair.

They even brought out a water bowl and ice for him :3: There's really not enough dog-friendly places around here.

Man poo poo like this makes me wish that my dog was not a neurotic ball of freak out, because I'd love to take her to restaurants and have her sit in chairs with me. Super cute!

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Having a rough day today, read through this thread again just to see Refurb's expressions... felt a lot better.

Thanks for this thread. :3:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Jenner posted:

Having a rough day today, read through this thread again just to see Refurb's expressions... felt a lot better.

Thanks for this thread. :3:

Always nice to make someone's day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats
Refurb is incredible. Tycho too. I'd read 200 pages of this thread no problem :kimchi:

• Locked thread