Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I think he's only interesting in later parts because he was "boring" in Part 3. Part 6 especially, because we see the downsides of being a stone-cold badass all the time. He thinks the best way to raise his daughter in a world of vampires and super combat ghosts is to basically just ignore her and hope things work out, which they most certainly don't.

If we didn't have the establishment of his character in Part 3, it wouldn't have been as interesting.

Giorno might've been cool too if he showed up in Stone Ocean with Araki loving teasing it and all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I like to think Giorno was trying to hurry there as fast as he could but Polnareff was slowing him down.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I like to think Giorno was trying to hurry there as fast as he could but Polnareff was slowing him down.

He hasn't gotten totally used to GER, so it keeps resetting his luggage to the point before he packed.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Spidder posted:

Giorno might've been cool too if he showed up in Stone Ocean with Araki loving teasing it and all...

How did Araki tease this aside from introducing the sons of Dio? Giorno seemed to be cut from a different cloth than those 3 and was pretty self actualized instead of being a half zombie like they were, and caught in the ghost of Dios grasp. I didnt expect Girono to show up despite thier introduction.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I'm just now reading through part 6 and I just happened on the page that had it. Kinda bummed he isn't gonna show, but at the same time I don't think I can handle any more stuff from part 5.

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 3, 2013

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I wish Giorno had shown up, but on the other hand, I'm pretty sure GER could've completely shut down Stairway to Heaven and ruined the entire ending.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The idea of Giorno landing in Orlando International right as the finale of part 6 really kicks into gear is hilarious.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Red Bones posted:

I wish Giorno had shown up, but on the other hand, I'm pretty sure GER could've completely shut down Stairway to Heaven and ruined the entire ending.

Jotaro really should have called his Morioh friends in for backup. If Koichi had been around, Pucci would have been mega-hosed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New Famitsu article, this time with the moves of Rohan, Kira and Kars, and the Kira House stage.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/06034323.html

:allears:

VVVVVV:yep, he gets new moves when you activate his "Transformation" super.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 5, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Is Cars doing the squirrel hand move there?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Translation of the moves from Dustloop.com: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14404-Jojo-s-Bizarre-Adventure-All-Star-Battle/page36&p=1507989&viewfull=1#post1507989

quote:

Kishibe Rohan (CV: Hiroshi Kamiya)

Battle Style: Stand (Heaven's Door)

A character featured in part 4. A popular manga artist who lives in the town of Morioh. Selfish and assertive, he does not care about people’s reactions when it concerns his creative thinking, making him look like a weirdo to outsiders. However, as long as he gets material for his work, he’s ready to face any hardships for the sake of being the ultimate artist. By using his Stand, Heaven’s Door, he’s able to turn people into books, read their experiences, and even make his own corrections.

Command move: Safety Lock
While his Stand is turned off, Rohan can perform this move by pressing Weak, Medium, or Strong attack button. If the enemy hits the picture Rohan draws in midair, he can seal off that attack. However, this effect ends after a certain amount of time or when Rohan is knocked down. If the enemy gets another one of his moves sealed, it overrides the old seal.

Command move: I’ll mess your “Ability” real good!
While his Stand is turned off, you can seal off the enemy’s Style button with this command move. This effect ends after a certain amount of time or when Rohan is knocked down.

Normal throw: Rock.
A throw that blows the enemy away by hitting them with “rock” from rock-paper-scissors.

Command move: I’m growing!
The Stand appears and unleashes a flurry of punches and slashes! After hitting the enemy, you can follow up with “Maybe I’ll incapacitate you” or “My body got blown away at the speed of 70 km/h !”.

Command move: Maybe I’ll incapacitate you

Command move: My body got blown away at the speed of 70 km/h !
By writing these words on the enemy, Rohan can send them to the opposite side of the screen at frightening speed.

The taunt pose is sure to make the fans smile.

Special taunt
This taunt comes out when Rohan taunts in response to the opponent’s taunt. His Heart Heat Gauge recovers back the amount lost due to the taunt.

Heart Heat Attack: I’ll take your “Reality” for myself!
With this HHA, Rohan rips out a lot of pages out of the opponent. The damage is small, but he seals all their command moves for a set period of time.

Great Heat Attack: Heaven’s Door
Rohan writes down “I cannot attack Kishibe Rohan” on the opponent. This attack seals off every single attack, but only lasts a set period of time.

Yoshikage Kira (CV: Rikiya Koyama)

Battle Style: Stand (Killer Queen) (Sheer Heart Attack’s CV: Kashiwakura Tsutomu)

A character featured in part 4. A serial killer who tries to live the life of a common salaryman who just “can’t help but kill people”. His Stand, Killer Queen, can turn any object into a “Primary Bomb” with a single touch. He uses a detonator to blow up the touched object at any time he wishes. Moreover, Killer Queen’s left hand has Sheer Heart Attack, a tank-like tracking “Secondary Bomb”. It relentlessly follows the target until they explode.

Command move: Anything it touches is turned into a bomb
Kira tosses a coin projectile at the opponent. In addition to exploding on contact, you can trigger the explosion again with additional inputs. By the way, make sure to stay away from the explosion, since it can hit Kira, too.

Command move: Primary Bomb
The opponent becomes a bomb with a touch. You can follow it up with “I’ll break you apart!” at any time you want.

Command move: I’ll break you apart!
As the name suggests, the opponent is blown up into pieces!

Command move: You bastard!
Killer Queen unleashes a flurry of punches!

Command move: Whack!

Command move: I’ll break you apart!
After hitting the enemy with the coin bomb, you can blow them up at any time you want.

Normal throw: You should try and learn from me

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: I’ll blow you to smithereens!
Kira strikes a pose with Killer Queen, and then beats up the enemy. Then, after blowing them up into the air, he triggers an explosion, blowing them away!

Great Heat Attack: Sheer Heart Attack
Sheer Heart Attack starts following the enemy, shouting “Over here!” and making a great explosion after finally reaching them. By the way, it cannot move if it’s hit by “3FREEZE” of Koichi’s Echoes Act 3.

Cars (CV: Kazuhiko Inoue)

Battle Style: Light Mode

A character featured in part 2. The extremely intelligent leader of the “Pillar Men”. His Light Mode allows him to protrude shining blades out of his limbs, the so-called “Bright Sabers”. To overcome the Sun and become the “Ultimate Being”, he has created the “Stone Masks”. To obtain the “Red Stone of Aja” required to complete the mask, he fights with Joseph with everything on the line.

Command move: Light Mode
By activating this skill, Cars emits a bright light, making some of his attacks unblockable.

Special move: He can pull blades out of his legs too!!

Command move: A sneak attack, cruel and extremely skillful!

Command move: I’ll smash you against the wall!

Command move: That blood-freezing brightness!

Command move: All that counts is to get the final victory!!

Command move: Bright Saber Mode
While in Light Mode, Cars can activate Bright Saber Mode by spending 1 level of Heart Heat Gauge. Not only do his blades become unblockable, but his command moves also gain other additional properties.

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: Bright Saber
After cutting the opponent, Cars pauses for a moment. Then, after they fall down, he rushes forward for an instant finishing blow!!

Great Heat Attack: This is the birth of Cars, the Ultimate Being!!!
By donning the stone mask with the Red Stone of Aja embedded inside, Cars evolves into Ultimate Being! As Ultimate Being, he gains traits of all sorts of living beings!

Special move: This can’t be…!?
Cars transforms his arm into an octopus tentacle and raises it upwards.

Guard
The attack is blocked with a crab-like armor.

Special movement: Flight
By holding down the button, Cars can move freely in the air. Of course, he can still attack while flying.

Special movement: Air dash

Command move: It’s the Ripple you little piece of poo poo!!
For the Ultimate Being Cars, even the Ripple breathing is possible! He can focus the energy gained from the unique breathing technique and attack with it!!

Command move: Genetical data transformation
Cars can attack the enemy from afar by transforming his body into a squirrel or a piranha. He can even do it while in midair.

Illustrations of the moves are in the famitsu article I posted above.

Edit:Interesting that none of Kira's moves are from his Kosaku Kawajiri form, I wonder if there's going to be two Kiras...

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 5, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yesss, squirrel hand projectile attacks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kurtofan posted:

Edit:Interesting that none of Kira's moves are from his Kosaku Kawajiri form, I wonder if there's going to be two Kiras...

I noted this as well. If their is a second Kira it would probably use Bites the Dust and Stray Cat as well as Killer Queen.

Still those three sound pretty awesome.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh man Rohan is voiced by Kamiya. I love that guy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Rohan sounds like a right bastard to play against. I approve entirely.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Literally all of my time spent playing Cars is going to be finding the fastest ways to get into his super and then SQUIRREL HANDS ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nice video mixing the translation and the pictures from the article:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3_4P-Nmy0

There's a customization mode and rush attacks.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

quote:

This taunt comes out when Rohan taunts in response to the opponent’s taunt. His Heart Heat Gauge recovers back the amount lost due to the taunt.

Rohan has a counter taunt? I'm glad to see that the game is true to the manga in that posing and taunting is just as important as the action.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Nice video mixing the translation and the pictures from the article:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3_4P-Nmy0

There's a customization mode and rush attacks.

Customization kind of looks like the DBZ Tenkaichi games where you can equip capsules on characters.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A magazine ad for Jojo All Star Battle confirms the presence of an online mode and indicates that there are "more than 30 characters" in the game (right now we know 29 characters).

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

A magazine ad for Jojo All Star Battle confirms the presence of an online mode and indicates that there are "more than 30 characters" in the game (right now we know 29 characters).
I can live with at least two more characters, though I hope for more. Does Kira count towards the total, being DLC?

I'm hoping for at least a couple more from Parts 6 and 7. Everything else I feel is well enough represented, even if some favorites didn't make it in. I'd also like another Part 8, but I don't think anyone's been introduced with a stand non-specific enough to work. Maybe Jousuke's sister?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Here's the ad (it's pretty cool looking), I don't think I see Kira but I'm not sure it means anything:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My guess for the rest of the roster is Annasui, FF, Pucci, Hot Pants, Diego, and Valentine. That gets us to a good 34 or 35, depending on whether Kira is counted.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Waffleman_ posted:

My guess for the rest of the roster is Annasui, FF, Pucci, Hot Pants, Diego, and Valentine. That gets us to a good 34 or 35, depending on whether Kira is counted.

Hmm, I dunno, I could see either Hot Pants or Mountain Tim. They would both work really well as fighting game characters and they're both major players in SBR. I guess Hot Pants makes more sense to balance the male-female fighter thing, there aren't a lot of options for that in JoJo.

Valentine will make a great rear end in a top hat fighting game boss. He can have a super that revives him with full health!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hey, Araki renamed Part 8 Nijimura's stand (the motorcycle one) Born This Way (it used to be Going Underground) for the volume release.

http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Born_This_Way

Araki is a Gaga fan :v:

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 8, 2013

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Has this been posted yet because this is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXRtdgDbBNU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dbzfandiego posted:

Has this been posted yet because this is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXRtdgDbBNU

I really have to play Revengence. I let it fly under my radar until I saw an unedited video of the fight against the Senator.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The ASB conference is starting right now, unfortunately there's no way to watch it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cam Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWGvYiWT0M

Jojo has a lot of fangirls it seems.

Costumes confirmed, nice.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 9, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kurtofan posted:

Man that is a lot of sqeeing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man that is a lot of sqeeing.

I think I understand why Part 5 is so popular now. :v:

Edit: the trailer said more characters will be announced at a later date.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 9, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Even Speedwagon is cheered!

Edit: Ha, he even signed off at the end of the trailer with "Speedwagon withdraws coolly" :D

Edit2: Other Stands that pop up in the trailer as artwork include Kraftwerk, Harvest, Moody Blues, Highway Star and possibily Hermit Purple. This doesn't confirm them as characters though. This, however, is a stage hazard:

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 9, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Nukesaku, huh? I wonder what he does.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

And no one gave a poo poo about AC/DC that day, that's great. I could do without the five minutes of showing off the entire cast, but hopefully when we get an actual high quality trailer I can notice some of the more finer details. I noticed they're using the Blazing Fists mechanic from the JJBA fighter, so that's a nice little nod there among the myriad of other nods.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So it looks like King Crimson is basically teleportation....which I'm fine with, but it should make the other person teleport too.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Nukesaku, huh? I wonder what he does.
Maybe he holds someone in place for Vanilla Ice (if he's not a selectable character).

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

There's more UUUUOHHHH in that video than in JoJo's itself.

That said I cannot goddamn wait. This game could be absolutely terrible and it'll still be my game of the year. So hyped. I hope we get another PV like this once 6 and 7 have some more characters to fill out the roster.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Seems sanity caught up with them so they've renamed part 4 from Diamond is not crash to Diamond is unbreakable.

gently caress yes.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
The trailer is now private :negative:

Anyone have any idea when they'll put it online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Here's another one.

I gotta say I'm really happy/excited about Diavolo's intro especially.

• Locked thread