Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Eh, we're still almost at 2m, counting Paypal, I'm relatively sure we'll make it to 2.1, though I'm doubting the last stretch goal will be hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.
That's my guess as well. And really, at this point I'd prefer more small pledges rather than fewer large pledges anyway. The game's going to need a solid player base to be successful.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
At this point, there's no telling how many players we actually have. Multi-pledging threw that estimate right out the window.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BenRGamer posted:

Eh, we're still almost at 2m, counting Paypal, I'm relatively sure we'll make it to 2.1, though I'm doubting the last stretch goal will be hit.

Last day push will get a bunch of Kings, sure, but there's basically nothing left above that that people want to buy and no add-ons to expand pledges. I'd be very surprised if the total hits $2.1m excluding Paypal.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
If you were thinking about getting in on Dungeon Crawler, better decide fast. There's less than 50 left now and going quick!

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jun 5, 2013

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Blinkman987 posted:

Your tier must contain the cards to get the +1 bonus.

Many of the rewards specify Squire to Producer. At $1, there is no card reward.
Excellent :)

Getting the jist of how many people have the exclusive cards but NOT the equipment (and people who have neither), there are at least a few thousand in the Kickstarter backers alone so anyone who is combining multiple accounts shouldn't have a hard time selling excess equipment for platinum (assuming we get to choose whether to sell for gold / platinum, but I assume from other comments that we will be able to)

Natrapx
Jan 13, 2010

The x is for xenogamy
Just got in at Knight level after watching things for a few weeks. It was the availability on tablets that really got me stoked!

geeksauce
Mar 1, 2011
I haven't played Magic (or any other TCGs) for almost a decade now, but I'm considering backing this. I enjoyed MTG; I just didn't have the money to keep up with all the expansions and such. With this, I like the fact that I can just PVE and AH my way to more PVP cards and won't have to invest crazy amounts of money. I think I'll put in for a Captain tier. Seems to be the best deal without going all-in like most of you guys seem to be. Even though I was never really big into Magic, I used to compete in the Pokémon TCG back in the day, and I'm hoping I can learn enough to eventually compete in some of Hex's tournaments and reclaim some of that former love that I had for card games.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
About 25 Dungeon Crawlers left for anyone considering. They will be gone in the next few hours, certainly before the day is over.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I haven't played Magic for a long long time (Revised Edition represent). I'm using terrible logic to rationalise my Dungeon Crawler pledge: "If I was still playing Magic, I would have spent at least $250 on it by now" :v:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

geeksauce posted:

I haven't played Magic (or any other TCGs) for almost a decade now, but I'm considering backing this. I enjoyed MTG; I just didn't have the money to keep up with all the expansions and such. With this, I like the fact that I can just PVE and AH my way to more PVP cards and won't have to invest crazy amounts of money.

It's a bit of the gamble that this will actually be a thing you can do unless you're willing to work for 50 cents an hour. Maybe, but maybe not.

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.
Well, that's the last of the Dungeon Crawler tiers gone.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Sweet, I have something others covet

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Still 600+ Collectors, will we see a run on those too? On one hand it would be nice to get extra copies of the AA PvP cards in the system, on the other hand it makes the existing Collectors and above able to ask for more if those cards are worth anything. Also, by my math, we are at 2 million so far, only 100k off from the stretch goal.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Kairos posted:

Well, that's the last of the Dungeon Crawler tiers gone.

I got in at 5 left. Mine is still a tentative grab, I still have to do some cost-benefit analysis to justify it.

Have they stated what all we can use gold for? Are we going to be able to buy pvp cards on the AH? Is there a good article on how dungeons are set up, or hell, PVE in general?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Yes and yes on the second two questions. You can also sell PvE loot for platinum on the AH.

http://hextcg.com/the-krakens-lair/

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 5, 2013

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Wasn't totally sure on dropping $250 on a Kickstarter last night so I decided to sleep on it.

I just got the last Dungeon Crawler :getin:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So, has the goon-though consensus changed on this one? Early on people weren't all that excited for it. I am interested in getting the $500 tier. I would go higher but If I have four of everything you get no joy in open the boosters :D

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

LumberingTroll posted:

So, has the goon-though consensus changed on this one? Early on people weren't all that excited for it. I am interested in getting the $500 tier. I would go higher but If I have four of everything you get no joy in open the boosters :D

The $500 tier that's been sold out for weeks?

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
I was about to back it before you guys scooped up the last of the Dungeon Crawl tier. Oh well.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Just wait for people to drop like they always do.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

jsr v2.0 posted:

I was about to back it before you guys scooped up the last of the Dungeon Crawl tier. Oh well.

Eh, go grab a Collector.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Fallorn posted:

Just wait for people to drop like they always do.

Better follow some of the earlier advice and get that chrome extension that auto refreshes and does stuff. I get the feeling that outright dropping isn't going to happen until the very last 20 minutes of the kickstarter with all the people using accounts to hold tiers and resell them. Everyone will be gunning for their pet tier with said website script.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

Better follow some of the earlier advice and get that chrome extension that auto refreshes and does stuff. I get the feeling that outright dropping isn't going to happen until the very last 20 minutes of the kickstarter with all the people using accounts to hold tiers and resell them. Everyone will be gunning for their pet tier with said website script.

This is how I got a Grand King tier, it's otherwise impossible to get any of the contested tiers due to the number of people using auto refresh add-ons. The best way to snag one I found is the Firefox add-on "Reload Every", as many of tbe refresh add-ons will send you to the wrong page on refresh. Combine this with editing the page in "Inspect Element" so you can select a sold out tier, and every refresh it will attempt to pledge you to the tier you want.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
There's a new article on the main site and four new cards. Void Breach looks neat.

Edit: Some neat information on Raid's. I suppose it's the time to release it, to get people to want to buy Raid Leader.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 5, 2013

THESE SOCKS?
Sep 27, 2004

Blazing Zero posted:

What kind of prices are people asking to sell their Grand King/Pro Player reservations?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

THESE SOCKS? posted:

What kind of prices are people asking to sell their Grand King/Pro Player reservations?

They will wait till they have paid for it then sell the code used for account creation. Some of them will keep some of the accounts and sell in a few months.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I hope they can answer my question about trying to get an additional King tier as an addon since it's not a limited tier so I don't have to go fussing with multiple accounts before the KS ends...

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Cinara posted:

This is how I got a Grand King tier, it's otherwise impossible to get any of the contested tiers due to the number of people using auto refresh add-ons. The best way to snag one I found is the Firefox add-on "Reload Every", as many of tbe refresh add-ons will send you to the wrong page on refresh. Combine this with editing the page in "Inspect Element" so you can select a sold out tier, and every refresh it will attempt to pledge you to the tier you want.

Pledging is a multi-stage process though, isn't it? Did you automate the whole thing? Or did you just sit there and wait for the first stage to complete and then jump in?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Well, uh... this is a thing.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

inklesspen posted:

Pledging is a multi-stage process though, isn't it? Did you automate the whole thing? Or did you just sit there and wait for the first stage to complete and then jump in?

You have to pledge at the amount the pledge you want will be at some other tier. So pledge at King for $500 if you want Grand King, then it's just single step to swap tiers.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

New update! The key points:

- Paypal went up $40,000 in the last 24 hours. So it looks like the surge is happening, it's just not all visible.

- There will be a slacker backer program, but it's basically crap compared to what you get for backing the Kickstarter. ($50 gets you a starter deck, 25 boosters, 2 months of VIP and none of the exclusive cards.) So back now if you're on the fence!

- Raiding is going to be pretty badass by the looks of things.

- There's an... interesting... new PVE card unlocked for all backers. See BenRGamer's post. :)

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

BenRGamer posted:

Well, uh... this is a thing.

That's hilarious! I love that Cory has a good sense of humor about himself. He's the prettiest princess. ;-*

Not to mention that the card looks fun to use.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
I'm not sold on that particular raid (sounds like it'll take forever while being too hard to lose) but that update oozed creativity. If the single player is even half that fun...

Is it possible to snipe a GK without upgrading your previous pledge to $500 first?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Sorry I keep posting, but there's a stream interview going on right now at http://www.twitch.tv/weekingeek

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

Adar posted:

I'm not sold on that particular raid (sounds like it'll take forever while being too hard to lose) but that update oozed creativity. If the single player is even half that fun...

Is it possible to snipe a GK without upgrading your previous pledge to $500 first?

You can, but that time spent typing "500" is time that someone else is going to use to snipe out from under you.

vv Oh yeah, and the authorization. Though if you authorize at 500 then drop your pledge to 250, raising it to 500 won't authorize again.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Adar posted:

No, if you don't set the pledge to 500 first you need to go through the amazon authorization, which takes too long. Even manually clicking through the confirmations is probably slower than the auto-refresh-stuff, so you'll likely need to run your own if you want one

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
It's a bit unnerving how much better all this talk makes me feel about having committed $500 to a video game. It can't be a bad decision if other people are lining up to try and do the same thing, right? :shobon:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

pumpinglemma posted:

New update! The key points:

- Paypal went up $40,000 in the last 24 hours. So it looks like the surge is happening, it's just not all visible.

- There will be a slacker backer program, but it's basically crap compared to what you get for backing the Kickstarter. ($50 gets you a starter deck, 25 boosters, 2 months of VIP and none of the exclusive cards.) So back now if you're on the fence!

- Raiding is going to be pretty badass by the looks of things.

- There's an... interesting... new PVE card unlocked for all backers. See BenRGamer's post. :)

I was pretty surprised how terrible the slacker tier is compared to the KS tiers. It's barely 1/3 better than just buying in when the game comes out. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if boosters were devalued at launch due to the massive amount of them circulating for KS rewards so it might actually be worse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

The Moon Monster posted:

I was pretty surprised how terrible the slacker tier is compared to the KS tiers. It's barely 1/3 better than just buying in when the game comes out. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if boosters were devalued at launch due to the massive amount of them circulating for KS rewards so it might actually be worse!

Do we assume that the slacker tier gets you into the beta? Because that alone would probably be enough to drag people in after the fact.

• Locked thread