Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The guy with a gun isn't actually in charge. He's just being used by the bad guys. He probably realizes this, and isn't happy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Glazius posted:

You know, after all the over-the-top action on display, the reveal that the guy in charge is just some dude with a handgun seems kind of underwhelming. I mean, some guy with a handgun can dictate terms to Superman because Superman doesn't just haul off and end people. But what's stopping Mistral, other than that it wouldn't be any fun?

The Desperados are using this guy, as part of their goal to increase chaos/warfare + get $$$. They don't give a poo poo about him, and he's most likely going to be arrested or die by the end of the level.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

PleasingFungus posted:

The Desperados are using this guy, as part of their goal to increase chaos/warfare + get $$$. They don't give a poo poo about him, and he's most likely going to be arrested or die by the end of the level.

Or he could end up hopping into a giant robot and we'll get a monologue about how an AI bot could never match a manned vehicle.

Before another giant robot battle that puts the Metal Gear Rex boss to utter shame.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Ximum posted:

I'm covered in bOH gently caress ME

I like to think that The Pain could be a match for Raiden, if only by making his own cyber body(suit) and vibra-sword out of bees.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
I thought the dude was Desperado's client? They're a military contractor after all, I figured they were just doing business as usual.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ariong posted:

I like to think that The Pain could be a match for Raiden, if only by making his own cyber body(suit) and vibra-sword out of bees.

Bee's can already vibrate pretty well, he's already half way there.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Exactly. Which brings me comfortably in to my next point: The Pain should be the protagonist of the next Rising game. Thoughts?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jesus christ, as bad as this thread has been the last few pages the thought of a MGR DLC boss rush of literally everyone throughout the entire series is making me insanely angry it doesn't exist. They wouldn't even have to refine or retune anything, just gently caress it figure it the gently caress out and gently caress their poo poo up with your badass ninja skills.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

beep by grandpa posted:

Jesus christ, as bad as this thread has been the last few pages the thought of a MGR DLC boss rush of literally everyone throughout the entire series is making me insanely angry it doesn't exist. They wouldn't even have to refine or retune anything, just gently caress it figure it the gently caress out and gently caress their poo poo up with your badass ninja skills.

It could just be highlights. Grey Fox, Rex, Vamp, the big names

Oh and fatman. Because cutting fat men in half.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5QxUR-mZVM

"Doktor, my circuits are overheating! THE BEEEEES"

Madrick11
Aug 6, 2011

An Angry Duck is approaching

It could just be highlights. Grey Fox, Rex, Vamp, the big names

Oh and fatman. Because cutting fat men in half.

Imagine fighting Solidus with the Revengeance style of gameplay. That would be a nice rematch.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

beep by grandpa posted:

Jesus christ, as bad as this thread has been the last few pages

Goons overreacting over basically nothing tends to be way more annoying in the long run.

Anyways, probably my favorite boss is coming up soon and I can't wait the next videos. I don't know what it is exactly, but the song for the fight is just really awesome to me. It also had the coolest reward, in my opinion. :getin:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Madrick11 posted:

Imagine fighting Solidus with the Revengeance style of gameplay. That would be a nice rematch.

gently caress that. Destroying the entire Metal Gear Ray armada within seconds is what we need.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

What if The Pain was still himself but all of his hornets were cyborgs?

EDIT: With vibrating stingers, of course.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

At first I thought the only problem with a METAL GEAR SOLID: RAIDEN boss rush would be how many bosses throughout MGS just use guns that Raiden could easily just tank and Zandatsu. That's when I realized they'd be the health refills between helicopters, vamps and bees :getin:

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Ariong posted:

The Pain should be the protagonist of the next Rising game. Thoughts?

Perfect use for the "Prevengeance" subtitle.
The Pain could secretly be the predecessor to every other cyborg ninja in the series, since MGS3 didn't have one of those. The whole high-frequency blade thing would just be an evolution of an attribute of BEES!

And, whenever you wanted, you could turn your beeblade into a Tommy gun and just shoot people.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Kadorhal posted:

And, whenever you wanted, you could turn your beeblade into a Tommy gun and just shoot people.

But it would deplete your gun meter.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Madrick11 posted:

I'd love to have a really tough boss fight between Raiden and the Boss. If only because of how hilarious it would be to have a cyborg being beaten by a normal (as far as MGS goes) human.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

In terms of hours played, how long is Rising? Usually.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

DOOP posted:

Varies based on how bad you are, but you could beat it in anywhere between 5 and 8 hours. Unless you get really stuck or are very good, it's unlikely you'll beat it in less than 5 or more than 7.

EDIT: Note that this playtime does not account for listening to non-mandatory codecs or doing VR missions. Just the main game.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 7, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

DOOP posted:

The game recorded my hours only in active gameplay and I beat it in 7 hours myself, but that was pushed several more hours because of all the codec conversations I was kicking back for, of which there is a trophy involved with and even though I thought I was being thorough I didn't get!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Ariong posted:

Exactly. Which brings me comfortably in to my next point: The Pain should be the protagonist of the next Rising game. Thoughts?

Metal Gear Buzzing: Beevengeance

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I believe you mean Meal Bee Buzzing: BEEEEEES

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

David D. Davidson posted:

I believe you mean Meal Bee Buzzing: BEEEEEES

Beads?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5QxUR-mZVM

"Doktor, my circuits are overheating! THE BEEEEES"

Holy poo poo thank you~!

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

DOOP posted:

My Revengence run through took 4 hours, but I was familiar with the game at that point. Really it depends on how much you die, more than anything else. Overall, I've sunk 45 hours into the game and still boot it up when the urge to be a superfly robot comes over me. It has definite replay value, despite the short campaign.

edit: and that's not including the DLC which I have yet to buy because I'm poor.

Yeah Bro fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 7, 2013

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

swamp waste posted:

I thought the dude was Desperado's client? They're a military contractor after all, I figured they were just doing business as usual.
That is how mercenaries work, yes.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Yeah Bro posted:

My Revengence run through took 4 hours, but I was familiar with the game at that point.
My first playthrough was about four hours. But for the record: the in-game counter doesn't count cutscenes.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
While this game sounds a little short, it also seems like it would have a lot of replay value. And that is also ignoring all the (so far so good) codec calls.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

There's a fair amount of unlockable junk and titles to get for beating the game on the different difficulty levels, so that's always a good thing. The VR missions also have their own set of unlockables for beating X% of them and all that.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

But it would deplete your gun meter.

I'm pretty sure you mean bee meter, buddy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chip has 4 updates released so far and at least an hour and half of gameplay footage, including some replayed sections.
He's also used the codec a couple of times in the main video. This game is longer than the clock would suggest, and it's entirely possible Chip may choose to also show off some VR mission videos later on of which there is a decent amount of content before DLC is taken into account.

You may feel a bit short changed at $60/£40, but for $30/£20, you're getting your moneys worth for sure.

Edit: Eurogamer have just updated their MGR:R for PC release article with a note saying it's going to be out "soon" as a digital title

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 7, 2013

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
Anyone else having trouble with the videos posted to C&I's website? Not only for MGR:R but also for Anime Theater and some other videos, I end up with the video starting, playing for 5 seconds or and then cutting back to 00:00. It could totally be a personal problem but two different networks have given me the same issue, and in two different weeks. Just thought I'd check if it was something fixable or just youtube doing its usual shenanigans.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I'm really excited for this update because it has one of my favorite songs in it.

Metal Gear Rising #4-1: Battlecoins.....Uncut Commentary
Metal Gear Rising #4-2: A Stranger I Remain.....Uncut Commentary
Metal Gear Rising #4-3: Sword of Justice (Codec)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Chip Cheezum posted:

I'm really excited for this update because it has one of my favorite songs in it.

Yes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't say the song referred to is my favorite but that's only because the final boss music is so goddamn good

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The thread is about to be filled with bad jokes and I apologize for setting the precedent. Arm yourselves.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
I don't have the spine to contribute to the joke train so I'll just reiterate how :allears: I feel about this game. I hate that I only had it on rental.

MSPaintClock
Dec 30, 2006

FF7 rules.
I don't actually play games anymore but this game is loving fantastic, I wish I had a PS3 to play this alongside you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

A robotic prime minster whose surpress all emotions, and is just a false simulation of humanity? That's rid-

....Oh.

• Locked thread