Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

What was your profit per Vampire set?

I must say I'm amazed how you spun this into such a profitable venture. I wouldn't have thought enough people would be willing to buy them, but never underestimate the frenzy of nerds and their little plastic mans. (Also how did they miss the KS in the first place?)

I missed a lot of KS initially because while I'd heard of it through the Wasteland and Double Fine ones, I didn't really even think of being part of these things myself. There is a process you have to go through to arrive at being ok with putting money down on something that may never exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

(Also how did they miss the KS in the first place?)
This is the thing that gets me... But I'm assuming it is less "I missed it" and more "I passed on it at the time, and now I am severely regretting not getting in on the deal when I had the chance." Kind of a "non-buyers remorse."

This is similar to the way I feel after pulling out of the original Zombicide KS and seeing the prices the stretch goal figures go for on Ebay. :bang:

homullus posted:

I missed a lot of KS initially because while I'd heard of it through the Wasteland and Double Fine ones, I didn't really even think of being part of these things myself. There is a process you have to go through to arrive at being ok with putting money down on something that may never exist.
True, but there is a much smaller concern when you're dealing with an established company such as Reaper.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Indolent Bastard posted:

What was your profit per Vampire set?

I must say I'm amazed how you spun this into such a profitable venture. I wouldn't have thought enough people would be willing to buy them, but never underestimate the frenzy of nerds and their little plastic mans. (Also how did they miss the KS in the first place?)

I sold 13 of the Vampire sets and it covered everything I bought from Reaper.

I still have 5 or 6 Vampire sets to sell(depending on if I keep two sets or not) plus all the addons I ordered.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Indolent Bastard posted:

(Also how did they miss the KS in the first place?)

I assume there are people like me out there who didn't have the cash on hand when the kickstarter was underway and so couldn't snap up their own pledge at that time. God knows that if I had had a reversal of fortune I would have snapped up one of the resold sets at a premium, but I am still as broke as ever. Which is ok, because Bones will mean cheap miniatures on the shelves as well!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Already people are getting the sealed Vampire pledges I shipped to them! Yayyyyy! :neckbeard:

And already people are opening their sealed Vampire pledges I shipped to them and complaining about missing figures! :negative:

Oh well, time to go ask for Reaper's replacement mini contact info.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ashcans posted:

Which is ok, because Bones will mean cheap miniatures on the shelves as well!

This is it for me too... I couldn't afford to pledge Vampire or above at the time either, and it's annoying to miss the "bargains" on stuff like the dragons and such, but honestly I probably spend less money in the aggregate by buying the Bones I want a la carte at retail, rather than paying $100+ when a big chunk of that money is figs I will honestly probably never paint or use.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, pretty much. I love Reaper figures, but I have always bought them by the handful for stuff like character miniatures or because I'll see them on the rack and be like 'Overloaded Henchman'? That's great! As much as a I am a sucker for deals, I really have no use for a ton of rats or skeletons or half the other stuff in there. What this does mean though is that in the future I will be able to grab a big miniature purely for fun and not be paying $80-$100 for it (also it won't be pewter and do it's best to explode any time it's touched).

It's kind of like a SuperGulp. I mean, yes, 64oz of soda is a GREAT deal. But I have never drunk that much soda in my life, so getting a great deal on something you will waste half of isn't really grand.

Sidenote: This is what I am telling myself so I feel better about not having vampire boxes pile up in my doorway. Please allow me to keep my delusion!

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Ashcans posted:

Sidenote: This is what I am telling myself so I feel better about not having vampire boxes pile up in my doorway. Please allow me to keep my delusion!

I think many of us will be able to allow you to keep your delusion, because we also do not have Vampire boxes piling up in our doorways. It's a little different because we actually ordered them, but your delusion is safe.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Captain Invictus posted:

Already people are getting the sealed Vampire pledges I shipped to them! Yayyyyy! :neckbeard:

And already people are opening their sealed Vampire pledges I shipped to them and complaining about missing figures! :negative:

Oh well, time to go ask for Reaper's replacement mini contact info.

questions@reapermini.com should work.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Just out of curiosity, is everyone supposed to have received their bones by now? I know there was some mixup with Canada and customs, but I haven't heard a peep for a while and I'm still waiting.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The original plan was to have them all out before Origins, but no, anyone with one of the really big minis or a really complicated order is still waiting.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I'm still waiting for my carrying case that I pledged for. No figures, just the case and foam. Does anyone have any idea whether those are supposed to have gone out yet?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JerryLee posted:

I'm still waiting for my carrying case that I pledged for. No figures, just the case and foam. Does anyone have any idea whether those are supposed to have gone out yet?

I thought your entire order would ship at the same time. Did you already get your figures?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

InternetJunky posted:

Just out of curiosity, is everyone supposed to have received their bones by now? I know there was some mixup with Canada and customs, but I haven't heard a peep for a while and I'm still waiting.

I did not have a super-complicated or particularly large order, but I did have some add-ons, and I don't have mine.

Edit: for reference, I ordered

Vampire x1 $100

Fire Giants x1 $10

Frost Giants x1 $10

Klocke Classics x1 $4

Figure Case x2 $50

Storm Giants x1 $10

Mind Your Manors x1 $10

Vampire + 5 things and two cases. None of the figures that were essentially sculptures.

homullus fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 6, 2013

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
The Hell on Earth miniatures Kickstarter (who are doing their fulfillment through Reaper, being a Savage Worlds thing) just sent us an email 2 days ago saying that Reaper expects to be shipping nothing but a ton of Bones during the last half of June. (This in the context of 'if our minis don't go out before then, they'll be delayed'.)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Vampire pledges are in-hand at Reaper, if not already shipped out. EVERY addon is waiting in those final containers that got held up. If you ordered a Vampire plus addons, they are waiting on the addons to ship it all at once. I think they only shipped the Vampire pledges that I ordered to me early is because I ordered so many they needed to pack them in separate boxes anyways.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

^^^ Well, it was an addon, so I suppose this explains it. Thanks!

Bad Munki posted:

I thought your entire order would ship at the same time. Did you already get your figures?

Let me clarify: I did not pledge for any figures, at all, at any level. I pledged $26 and got only the case ($1 plus the case as a $25 addon, if memory serves). It cleared their pledge management system and everything.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

JerryLee posted:

Let me clarify: I did not pledge for any figures, at all, at any level. I pledged $26 and got only the case ($1 plus the case as a $25 addon, if memory serves). It cleared their pledge management system and everything.

I'd suggest emailing them. They are willing to accommodate reasonable requests, you probably just got automatically slapped into the late queues by the sorting.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Have other people get the cases yet? I mean if that's all they ordered.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

JerryLee posted:

You should have received it by now. Give 'em an e-mail and see what they say.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Brace yourselves, miniatures are coming.

Reaper posted:

Friday, June 7th, we received two 40ft containers full of Bones! For those of you keeping track at home, those containers were filled with over 470,000 models. We're still looking for the last container to be delivered next week, but we have enough to start shipping now.

Sounds like they're actually skipping out on Origins so they can have all hands on deck to get this stuff shipped out.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Bad Munki posted:

Sounds like they're actually skipping out on Origins so they can have all hands on deck to get this stuff shipped out.
Probably more so they can avoid angry nerd mob.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I hope this means I'll be getting my case soon, I haven't gotten an answer to my e-mail of last week about it but they're probably just too busy :ohdear:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
They said that they're waiting on one more container, but it should be here within the week. Yay!

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

berzerkmonkey posted:

They said that they're waiting on one more container, but it should be here within the week. Yay!

BREAKING: Container ship loses load overboard in high seas west of California, nerds begin 40 day mourning period

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

evenworse username posted:

BREAKING: Container ship loses load overboard in high seas west of California, nerds begin 40 day mourning period deep diving salvage mission.

Fixed that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Plastic floats. Containers fall overboard surprisingly often and the stuff in them gradually washes up on the beaches of alaska and russia over the subsequent two years. I think some of it also winds up in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

Eventually, Bones will be thawing out of the polar ice cap and making their way across the atlantic to the shores of the UK.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 11, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

Plastic floats. Containers fall overboard surprisingly often and the stuff in them gradually washes up on the beaches of alaska and russia over the subsequent two years. I think some of it also winds up in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

Eventually, Bones will be thawing out of the polar ice cap and making their way across the atlantic to the shores of the UK.

Something something joke about still getting them faster that way something

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Didn't GW lose some big shipment of tanks back in the 90's due to a container ship crashing?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
They've started sending out System Check e-mails to make sure everyone's addresses are still good, so we should be seeing things shipped again shortly.

My only regret is that it didn't ship before my deployment, so I won't be seeing them until October. But at least I know they'll be there.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Got my address check, cant wait for a big pile-o-plastic!

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

LumberingTroll posted:

Got my address check, cant wait for a big pile-o-plastic!

It was a mass email to basically everyone left in America and Canada. Don't get your hopes up yet.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
A friend of a friend on Facebook claims he didn't get his, but it's possible that his spam filter caught it.

(I got mine. :neckbeard:)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Didn't GW lose some big shipment of tanks back in the 90's due to a container ship crashing?

The first shipment of Adeptus Titanicus to America was on board the flight that went down at Lockerbie.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Ravendas posted:

It was a mass email to basically everyone left in America and Canada. Don't get your hopes up yet.

I'm in the UK though and I got it. :confused:

vvvv

That's what I would assume, in which case we can get our hopes up because I guess we're in the next batch.

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 17, 2013

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Baby Sathanas posted:

I'm in the UK though and I got it. :confused:

I'm not an actual Reaper rep, so I don't have the exact info of where it was sent. I'm just on another board, and basically everyone from the US and Canda got the email, while those in other countries didn't get the email. So maybe it's a mass email to the next several thousand people on the list?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

mllaneza posted:

The first shipment of Adeptus Titanicus to America was on board the flight that went down at Lockerbie.

A little googling returns absolutely nothing about this. It sounds pretty unlikely anyway, since Pan Am flight 103 was a passenger airplane and not a cargo plane (and I'd expect games to go by ship rather than air mail anyway).

e. Oh yeah I came in here because I got that email and got excited.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Leperflesh posted:

A little googling returns absolutely nothing about this. It sounds pretty unlikely anyway, since Pan Am flight 103 was a passenger airplane and not a cargo plane (and I'd expect games to go by ship rather than air mail anyway).

e. Oh yeah I came in here because I got that email and got excited.

I don't have a source, but airliners do carry some cargo.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ravendas posted:

I got it. In Poland with Vampire + Paints + huge dragons + something else. I hope it's the "next batch to be sent" option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
On the Reaper board, someone mentioned it was done via Amazon's mass mailing system, to avoid getting treated as spam. It apparently means the emails were sent more-or-less randomly, due to the way Amazon handles things.

Also, just got another system check on the e-mail I used to pick up another person's pledge. That makes four system check e-mails I've received.

• Locked thread