Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Mnemosyne posted:

People mention this all the time, but is there really any basis for it other than he doesn't want to get married?

Other than that one line by Cat? Nope; but yeah he's hard gay.

I also heard a theory about how he was in love with Hoster's wife, but I can't source that from the book or internet

E: I also told people that the Blackfish is still alive, but didn't mention he wasn't even at the RW. So hopefully HBO kills him off destroying what little false hope they have

Oberst fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

Mnemosyne posted:

And then later in Dance The last greenseer, the singers called him, but in Bran’s dreams he was still a three-eyed crow. When Meera Reed had asked him his true name, he made a ghastly sound that might have been a chuckle. “I wore many names when I was quick, but even I once had a mother, and the name she gave me at her breast was Brynden.”

I read the Hedge Knight stories. No way would I have remembered that his name was Brynden when nobody calls him that.

One thing I've noticed about the subforums is that everyone takes their hobby serious in a way that I've never seen somebody do in real life. I'm actually friends with my comic book store owner and I go there all of the time, but nobody acts like BSS. The shameful thing about the TV thing is that TV isn't really a hobby :ssh:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

I liked this one too. It was inevitable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQpo1l6Up7E

The Riddle of Feel
Feb 2, 2013

Flatscan posted:

No poo poo. They were flipping out in the thread for Rome because people were talking about 2000 year old history.

I don't remember any freaking out about spoilers in the Spartacus thread at all, which strikes me as odd now that I think about it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

stawk Archer posted:

I read the Hedge Knight stories. No way would I have remembered that his name was Brynden when nobody calls him that.

One thing I've noticed about the subforums is that everyone takes their hobby serious in a way that I've never seen somebody do in real life. I'm actually friends with my comic book store owner and I go there all of the time, but nobody acts like BSS. The shameful thing about the TV thing is that TV isn't really a hobby :ssh:

No, tv is more of a sport. Have you heard how many people "marathon" series? That's some serious cardio.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

Azure_Horizon posted:

People flipped out over someone mentioning that "the North remembers" is not from book 2, but a future book. Seriously?

"NOW WE KNOW THEY AREN'T GOING TO FORGET, gently caress."- TVIV

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ok which of you crazy bastards made this.

:nms: for naked Gurm.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That looks more like George Lucas.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

The thing about the GURM that bothers me isnt his fat, old body or pube beard; it's his creepy rear end squeaky voice

That and the pedophilia

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Potooweet posted:

THIS IS A HUGE SPOILER Hooray!

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

The Riddle of Feel posted:

I don't remember any freaking out about spoilers in the Spartacus thread at all, which strikes me as odd now that I think about it.

Yeah, the Spartacus thread was unusually chill.

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

syscall girl posted:

No, tv is more of a sport. Have you heard how many people "marathon" series? That's some serious cardio.

That is only acceptable if you're in Afghanistan.

The closest I ever came was watching BSG. I think the way that story went was way more retarded than Ice and Fire. Then again, I still like the books. :banjo:

Oberst posted:

The thing about the GURM that bothers me isnt his fat, old body or pube beard; it's his creepy rear end squeaky voice

That and the pedophilia

oh god the creepy voice when talking to a hot chick much taller than him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5_QQreskNI

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Potooweet posted:

It got a few posts with people advocating that anyone who's read the books not come into the TVIV thread and to stay where they belong.

Oh, and they think the TV spoilers thread is full of bright eyed honest people and its everything in this thread and FYAD who are making GBS threads up the place.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Actually it's pretty funny to me how quick they are to condemn us as the nasty community from the wrong side of the tracks. Most of us here don't really give much of a gently caress what they do as long as it's funny, and it usually is with or without intervention.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

whowhatwhere posted:

When even A_H thinks you've gone too far...

I would love it if Rarity would NOT create this weeks thread, and see if one of the book readers picks up the ball and runs with it. What say you Rarity?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

pentyne posted:

Oh, and they think the TV spoilers thread is full of bright eyed honest people and its everything in this thread and FYAD who are making GBS threads up the place.

Our reputation for being spoilarific asshats was well-earned, but once the show rolled around we actually stopped doing it. Which is really quite mean of us, because everyone deserves to know just how pointless it is to get into George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, a literary cycle by George RR Martin, the American Tolkien.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

It's much harder to WILDCARDS someone with "bran becomes a tree" or "dany shits"

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Azure_Horizon posted:

People flipped out over someone mentioning that "the North remembers" is not from book 2, but a future book. Seriously?

Yes, they used the word book. It says right in the OP not do that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Hey guys I'm booking it to book a session of my book club next Sunday so we can all watch the latest episode cosplaying as Shepard Book."

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

rypakal posted:

Yes, they used the word book. It says right in the OP not do that.

It also has a picture of all the characters and how to spell their name.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Oberst posted:

It's much harder to WILDCARDS someone with "bran becomes a tree" or "dany shits"
"Dany has diarrhea" is better.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Cersei eats sticky princes. Tyrion really wants to rape Cersei and gets shat on by a GRRM-a-like. Hodor Hodors.

v Jesus rises on the third day? Way to kill the suspense for me bro.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 7, 2013

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
OMG! Judas betrays Jesus?!?!? But he was his best bud!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

John dies at the end?! Goddamn it!

No, the journey is not important, gently caress you! Only the end! Only the ends of stories matter! :supaburn:

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

rejutka posted:

Oh no, I'm the real deal: an uninhibited television enthusiast, so I'm spelling them all phonetically.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

rejutka posted:

A book might help them actually remember them, since the pictures don't seem to re: "Who the gently caress is Roose Bolton?" chat right now in the summer child thread.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Don't go on imdb!!!
It lists "Barry's" real name, that's a huge spoiler! How can imdb be so irresponsible?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The Metro Herald is a free paper for commuters and hobos in Dublin, on Wednesday they had this on their front page-

Fair warning right?

Page 3-

Well.. Okay but they DID warn you.

Needless to say, people lost their fuckin' minds.

Edit: Oh yeah I should point out that it airs here on Sky on Monday nights, less than 12 hours after it's on HBO.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 7, 2013

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
I managed to capture my father's reaction to the Red Wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZoodyVFb9s&feature=youtu.be

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shoehead posted:

The Metro Herald is a free paper for commuters and hobos in Dublin, on Wednesday they had this on their front page-

Fair warning right?

Page 3-

Edit: Oh yeah I should point out that it airs here on Sky on Monday nights, less than 12 hours after it's on HBO.

Did you manage to catch yesterday's Metro where they addressed that outcry and basically said "Well, were we right to spoiler it? Yes. Is it even a spoiler if the novel is 13 years old? No. Go us!"?

I'm assuming they ran that article in the Dublin one, they had it in the South Yorkshire Metro so I assume we had the big spoiler article in Wednesday's paper too.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
This thread seems to be best place to post this.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Aurain posted:

Did you manage to catch yesterday's Metro where they addressed that outcry and basically said "Well, were we right to spoiler it? Yes. Is it even a spoiler if the novel is 13 years old? No. Go us!"?

I'm assuming they ran that article in the Dublin one, they had it in the South Yorkshire Metro so I assume we had the big spoiler article in Wednesday's paper too.

Oh yeah. I went and looked it up, they also have a list of 6 movies that Sean Bean died in and list the plot of Patriot Games as "Sean Bean doesn't have a beard. He has an Irish accent."

Have some gifs of Gurm from Conan (from Tumblr)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shoehead posted:

Fair warning right?

Page 3-

loving :lol: at photoshop Robb's face.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oberst posted:

"Juan is Kelly-C's brother"
"Juan kills Ingrid"
"Little Thinker adopts Sansa"
"GRRM dies in the 6th book"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Therryon kills the Granddad

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Personperson14 posted:

Why are people so spergy about Game of Thrones being based on books? I've never seen anyone go, "Who cares if Harry Potters has books? I SURE AS HELL DON'T WANNA KNOW ABOUT IT". Same with Lord of the Rings and stuff like it. Usually the adaptation makes people want to seek out the book, not shun it.

In my experience, the vast majority people either did seek out the books (for the last two years, it seems that every second book I saw a commuter reading was ASoIaF) or they just sat back, enjoyed the show for an hour a week and didn't really care.

The TVIV thread seems odd because it's full of people who, I think pretty much literally, have spent the same amount of time reading, speculating and complaining about spoilers in those threads as it would take them to actually read the books.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
I'm trying to track down a transcript of the Barristan chapter that guy read at a library or something.

Anyone with a link?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Haha does this actually happen? Whose horse is it? I completely missed that during my read through.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I think it's Dany's horse, the one which Drogo gave her as a wedding gift?

I love how even GRRM thinks these vehemently show-only people are retards. Dude has literally no reason in the world to give a drat, but here he is calling them idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
Actually he was making fun of the actors who don't know they've already been written out