Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I already said it. 3 months from now Connery will be in the same place as it was 3 months ago, because NC from Mattherson is going to move to it.

The only way it wouldn't happen is if they made it so you can't move to a server if your faction routinely has >38% or so population during prime time, but we know that isn't going to happen.

Connery's actually sort of balanced at the moment. I guess we can enjoy it while it lasts. :shrug:

I maintain that they need to do free transfers for anybody who wants them, but only to a server that needs the faction and maybe if it really needs it you get a perk.

Like, no VS can xfer to Mattherson but any NC/TR that do get a month boost for free. VS don't like it or are genuinely tired of rolling over everybody? There's a boost and less lopsided fights waiting for them too on another server that needs the pop.

If it costs money, there will be fewer takers because it'll rip outfits apart. And they need to institute it tomorrow. Hell, it's SOE so there's a good chance you'll get copied over to the new server with 8 billion certs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Waterson could desperately use some more Vanu players during normal hours, that's for sure.

Sounds like a prime candidate for the inevitable Waterson -> Mattherson merger!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Late reply, but thanks for the info on Lightning weapons and HA shield. I'm going to stick with the Viper for the Lightning for now since it's free and it's doing just fine for me so far.

More dumb questions though, what do people thing about the other slots for the Lightning? I'm running Auto Repair since I don't run Engineer and rarely have one hanging around me, but I imagine taking Front Armor is probably the best bet if I weren't? Or is it something else entirely?

I've found that stealth seems kind of nice for making sure that you don't get auto-detected. Also, I don't understand why you wouldn't run engineer while pulling a vehicle, but you really should.

On another note, I really hope that SOE doesn't give server transfers because Connery feels quite balanced and fun and I don't want you Matherson guys loving it up. Maybe SOE could merge some server with Matherson, it worked wonders for Connery?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

An Unoriginal Name posted:

I wouldn't mind this. NC could use some fresh blood on Matth, maybe the Waterson NC have some actually competent players?

The problem is that Mattherson already gets laggy and unplayable often enough... adding another server's worth of population would just destroy the place.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

I maintain that they need to do free transfers for anybody who wants them, but only to a server that needs the faction and maybe if it really needs it you get a perk.

Like, no VS can xfer to Mattherson but any NC/TR that do get a month boost for free. VS don't like it or are genuinely tired of rolling over everybody? There's a boost and less lopsided fights waiting for them too on another server that needs the pop.

If it costs money, there will be fewer takers because it'll rip outfits apart. And they need to institute it tomorrow. Hell, it's SOE so there's a good chance you'll get copied over to the new server with 8 billion certs.

That would work because it would probably let some VS filter out of Mattherson and into Connery, instead of having NC or TR do so (although I guess we could use more TR too). And maybe some NC from Connery would go to Mattherson.

I doubt a lot of outfits would actually do it though, since they'd need a level of coordination that I don't see happening. Also they might not want to lose people that play rarely.

They could just push out 3 more continents then merge everything into one super server. I think they should do that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

They could just push out 3 more continents then merge everything into one super server. I think they should do that.

Problem is that they need to rework all the existing continents, and with the new Esamir changes and those planned for Amerish, too, we probably won't see Hossin until like December. They already said that Hossin wouldn't come out until after the existing continents get lattice.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

That would work because it would probably let some VS filter out of Mattherson and into Connery, instead of having NC or TR do so (although I guess we could use more TR too). And maybe some NC from Connery would go to Mattherson.

I doubt a lot of outfits would actually do it though, since they'd need a level of coordination that I don't see happening. Also they might not want to lose people that play rarely.

I agree with you there, the only problem is that if we wait for the other conts to drop it'll be too late. I didn't mention it but I'm glad you did, if you're hugely outnumbering your opposition, there should be perks for leaving AND for going where you're needed.

I think you'd be surprised at how willing outfits would be to move if it meant better prospects or a different server ethos. For example, I expect every single flying outfit on Mattherson will jump ship to literally any other server, as we seem to be saturated with AA. QRY will probably stay though because they're goddamned insane, I swear they'd fly as skillsaw MAXes if they could.

Rift had free xfers once a week from the beginning and it worked out really well. Different game obviously but people will balance things out themselves given a long enough time frame, Area 52 aside. At this point there'd definitely need to be restrictions and incentives though.

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 10, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Rift had free xfers once a week from the beginning and it worked out really well. Different game obviously but people will balance things out themselves given a long enough time frame, Area 52 aside. At this point there'd definitely need to be restrictions and incentives though.

I don't know. It worked out for Rift, but GW2 did it and it's just a bunch of people filtering to whatever server is doing best in WvWvW at the time causing WvWvW to be pretty much 2-4 servers that destroy everybody else, then everybody else.

Edit: They're different situations, but I could see it ending up being something like Area 52 unless they did something to stop people from moving to a server where they have the advantage.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Gobblecoque posted:

I've found that stealth seems kind of nice for making sure that you don't get auto-detected. Also, I don't understand why you wouldn't run engineer while pulling a vehicle, but you really should.

Yeah I probably should honestly. I have barely anything in Engineer unlocked yet, though I do have the Solstice SF and the UBGL already. Probably should dump some more certs into them at some point.

An Unoriginal Name posted:

That would probably actually work out well once they add the new continents in. Waterson's NC/TR tend to flip flop as to which has more, but VS is almost always the lowest. Sometimes we're as low as 20%.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I don't know. It worked out for Rift, but GW2 did it and it's just a bunch of people filtering to whatever server is doing best in WvWvW at the time causing WvWvW to be pretty much 2-4 servers that destroy everybody else, then everybody else.

Edit: They're different situations, but I could see it ending up being something like Area 52 unless they did something to stop people from moving to a server where they have the advantage.

GW2 had a whole mess of problems apparently, but you're right that it's a risk. I just feel like open, free transfers for awhile are less risky that doing nothing at this point.

Open, free transfers for a limited time (to keep people from putting a transfer off and to get some good data sooner) with restrictions and perks is even less risky than that without forcing anybody to do anything or risking literally murdering a server with an Indar alert by combining Waterson and Mattherson.

Mainly what SOE needs to worry about is that this is every bit as dangerous to their VS pops long-term as it is to the NC/TR short term. There's no PvE option so 90% faction domination isn't as tenable here as it is in WOW, and people will just quit out of boredom. It's lovely all around and not just for the people on the bottom right now, though I argue we have it worse still :v:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

GW2 had a nice system where the shards are re-ranked every week depending on their WvW performance, so the tryhard shards got lumped near the top and the pants-on-head shards got lumped near the bottom, so you would be fighting a force roughly as equally imcompetent as you were. Of course it's not that easy with PS2 as you have separate shards and separate factions on each. Sending Matherson's VS off to fight Connery's NC for a week may balance capability, but I'm sure people would be unhappy having different opponents all the time. Even assuming they could develop a system to do that. The problem is that this isn't going to just get better, the population disparity on Math is only going to get worse until they do something. Which will probably end up being too heavy handed.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

I think I'm really going to have some fun with this. I spawned in, immediately was in a battle. I ran up to the top of a wall surrounding this outpost, watching as enemy tanks pounded it. NC guys tried to take it, but we cleared them out, pushed forward with air support, took a new outpost, and then went even further ahead.

It's like WWII Online, but good.

Other people had good suggestions of what to unlock but there's something really SUPER important that you really don't get told anywhere: you need to EQUIP most of the stuff you buy. Suit upgrades, medic/resto kits, grenades and gun attachments, once you unlock them you need to go in the loadout screen and click on the slot in which it goes to select it. Otherwise you'll run out and wonder why you still have the same sight on your gun and you still die as quickly. Same for vehicles, ammo upgrades, sights, chassis and defense stuff needs to be equipped to do anything. Also you can go to the VR Training (use the terminal with a globe on it in the middle of the warpgate, also to change continents) to try any weapons, vehicles or equipment in the game without needing to unlock it. Very useful to try sights until you find one you're comfortable with.

As for Battle Rank, as mentioned it doesn't make you better by itself but at BR 5 and 15 you unlock an additional loadout slot for each class and vehicle so you can change between multiple configurations without having to re-equip everything you want to change. At BR 10 you can also unlock Squad Leader stuff but you don't need to worry about that for a while.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I like how one day after the G2G lockons were on member sale, they're on regular daily sale :v:

Edit: Nevermind, seems to have been a bug caused by logging in just as it ticked over from one day to the next.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 10, 2013

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Psykmoe posted:

I like how one day after the G2G lockons were on member sale, they're on regular daily sale :v:

They're all 250 certs right? Nobody should be paying for them with SC. I've honestly considered picking one up but eh, Phoenix is good enough.

v v v Even our G2G launcher is coded as a shotgun :v: v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 10, 2013

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Yeah, that's why I saved my money too. I've got all the empire specific launchers plus the Hawk so whatever.

Still, I'm having some odd bug now where the daily sale for TR and VS is a shotgun and for NC it displays the Crow with 0 seconds left on the same.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Gobblecoque posted:

This is the way to go, I have every loving weapon for the Mosquito and I'm still terrible with it. :suicide:

Edit: However, if you have C4, then sticking that on to the nose of your fighter makes it a reasonable suicide bombing device.

A page back, but I wanted to quote this for my fellow terrible pilots. I play on Ceres TR with my non-outfit friends, because we're terrible at videogames and don't want to have to account for our incompetence. Last night we were rolling out west of Ikanam Bio Lab on Amerish with the rest of the alert zerg, and discovered that the only organised VS outfit on the server had set up a MAX/Lancer nest on the high cliff just next to the base. They shredded every tank that left the shield and were backed up with a couple of sunderers they'd somehow got all the way up there.

We hatched a plan. While one of my mates placed the squad waypoint on top of the sunderers to 'spot' them, I grabbed an ESF and flew it straight at the Sunderers with the intention of kamikazing it out of existence. Unfortunately, I am a terrible pilot and only succeeded in landing on top of a spawning engineer, although I was able to leap out in time to shoot some other mans.

However, this was enough to terrify the sunderers. The deployed one undeployed and both rolled backwards down the hill, with at least one falling off the cliff. We pushed past the now empty nest and were promptly slaughtered at the next base, but drat if it wasn't fun.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Captain Backslap posted:

I used to think subs were a huge waste of money in comparison to buying stuff from the depot but that free month of subscription really drove home to me how much more quickly people who pay the monthly fee get certs than the freebies. It's pretty drastically noticeable, even if the % boost doesn't sound that big.

Yeah I'm basically on double XP weekend 24/7 right now.

Blasmeister posted:

And then Connery will be as broken as Mattherson is :sigh:

That assumes they even let them transfer to Connery.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Also is the Nanoweave tooltip wrong now? It says Level 5 gives you +250 health, but before it used to say +25%, which is 125 Health.
A bug a couple updates ago changed the values. Instead of fixing it, they changed the descriptions, so it received an unintentional buff.

Epic High Five posted:

Adrenaline can be argued for tower shotgun builds but even then, the % you get back was nerfed on top of it being stupidly expensive.
That was the same poo poo, actually, except it resulted in an unintentional nerf because they didn't feel like fixing it.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Hahaha wow as someone who played eve with vilerat for years TEs recording pretty much just pushed them above random shitheads for me, time to go drum up recruits from goonfleet with this haha.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Fuzz posted:

I wouldn't mind this. NC could use some fresh blood on Matth, maybe the Waterson NC have some actually competent players?

I main Waterson NC. There is not a single stellar NC outfit here. The best outfit on the server is TR, and most of the best players are TR. At least I get to kill/harass Sinist. :reject:

nacon
May 7, 2005

Typical Pubbie posted:

I main Waterson NC. There is not a single stellar NC outfit here. The best outfit on the server is TR, and most of the best players are TR. At least I get to kill/harass Sinist. :reject:

... I think you're being a bit hyperbolic, actually. There are several mid-size, strong outfits on NC Waterson. TIW/DEOZ/NCSO/DREV are well-organized and, at the very least, effective at breaking locks/taking locks when they're on the same page.

There are a few standout outfits among the TR slobbering masses, namely NUC and TRAF.

VS has a few pretty good ones too - XOO/SENT/VDRS/VREV.

But, yes, there are a lot of zerg-outfits and pubbie hordes.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Right now on Mattherson you either need to be able to field at least a platoon or be able to coordinate within your faction. NC platoon+ outfits are terrible and the smaller sperg outfits aren't going to be wrangled with any consistency.

Seriously a month into playing VS after the LWTX death I am still amazed at how willing VS pubbies are to go where needed/told.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

So I just pulled a Harasser for the first time for actual combat (by accident) in giving Psykmoe's dual Burster MAX a ride. Ended up finding a decently competent pubbie gunner and we cruised around wrecking poo poo for awhile. A Scythe tried to fly in super low only to see a shitton of flak from the Burster MAX in the back. We had at least one occasion where the health bar on it wasn't even visible and we managed to stop and repair nearly fully, get ammo for the MAX, reps for the MAX, and get the HELL out of dodge before Magriders found us. All while catching SICK AIR (the blue-flame burning skull and MLG decal suit it well).

I think I'm certing this thing out. What do you guys like for defense on it? I think auto repair COULD be viable on it with the way I drive it because I rarely stick around for infantry and I've got great map knowledge so I can juke and break line of sight very easily. Composite armor is by and for the most useful on paper, but I don't know how much I'd actually get out of it. Maybe stealth, because not showing up on the minimap is a boon and as the Flash with stealth shows, if you aren't on the minimap you don't exist to 95% of the playerbase. :ssh: That's how I kill all my Harassers, is seeing them on the minimap.

Speaking of Harassers, after Connery NC smashed an Indar landgrab alert ADK started a big Harasser freedom rally to the TR warpgate:

E: For you guys crashing super often, are you rocking nvidia/320.18? https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nvidia-user-do-not-update-to-320-18-possible-crash-fix.128931/

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 10, 2013

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gobblecoque posted:

Holy crap :soe:, I haven't played for a few days and when I got on tonight I crashed about four times in the span of twenty minutes.

Let night I had crash-ception the game almost crashed and my FPS dropped to 0 and them back up which caused me to crash my Reaver. The impact of the crash then crashed the game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

go3 posted:

Seriously a month into playing VS after the LWTX death I am still amazed at how willing VS pubbies are to go where needed/told.
I've always wondered about Planetside faction psychology. I remember PS1 with the Vanu and their pubbies were the same way. Tell them where we're hitting and they actually go there! It was strange.

Given that there's little to no difference in how the game actually plays for the average person in a particular faction, I've always wondered if it's just something about aesthetics or name or something that attracts a particular type of person. Armchair theorizing aside though, I've never seen a credible-looking take on it so I'd be dubious of any immediate calls on that.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Dog fighting is :effort:. But it's probably better than looking for infantries to farm when they suddenly pull out G2A or Burster.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

I have the new crashing hotness and I'm not on nvidia. It only locks up during load screens, completely randomly, completely common. It is getting to the point where it's not even worth playing until they fix it.

I have literally never had this game crash before this latest update, not even in various beta forms.

Gazaar fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 10, 2013

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Gazaar posted:

I have the new crashing hotness and I'm not on nvidia. It only locks up during load screens, completely randomly, completely common. It is getting to the point where it's not even worth playing until they fix it.

I have literally never had this game crash before this latest update, not even in various beta forms.

Have you tried the ever-valiant "delete/rename your useroptions.ini and let the game re-generate it" approach?

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Westy543 posted:

So I just pulled a Harasser for the first time for actual combat (by accident) in giving Psykmoe's dual Burster MAX a ride. Ended up finding a decently competent pubbie gunner and we cruised around wrecking poo poo for awhile. A Scythe tried to fly in super low only to see a shitton of flak from the Burster MAX in the back. We had at least one occasion where the health bar on it wasn't even visible and we managed to stop and repair nearly fully, get ammo for the MAX, reps for the MAX, and get the HELL out of dodge before Magriders found us. All while catching SICK AIR (the blue-flame burning skull and MLG decal suit it well).

Letting that Scythe just slowly hover down to us was hilarious. Even without exmags, ESFs die in one magazine if every shot hits :v:

But in general, it feels like I'm not generating points for the driver because I usually just get assists, and it drastically shortens my effective range with the bumpy ride...I'm honestly considering grabbing the second Falcon arm despite the low velocity. Something fire and forget that can hurt all those Magriders. Then pray they'll fix the velocity to what it says on the tooltip.

Hm....using Phoenix from the back sounds fun too, but if I'm not a MAX, the back seat feels rather vulnerable.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

nacon posted:

... I think you're being a bit hyperbolic, actually. There are several mid-size, strong outfits on NC Waterson. TIW/DEOZ/NCSO/DREV are well-organized and, at the very least, effective at breaking locks/taking locks when they're on the same page.

Isn't that the bare minimum to be expected from a large outfit or group of outfits on any server? DREV 'n friends are good at capping Amerish, sometimes Esamir. That's about it, at least since the lattice was implemented. They're not terrible, but I wouldn't transfer to a server just to role with an outfit like DREV. I can't think of an NC outfit to match NUC.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Typical Pubbie posted:

Isn't that the bare minimum to be expected from a large outfit or group of outfits on any server? DREV 'n friends are good at capping Amerish, sometimes Esamir. That's about it, at least since the lattice was implemented. They're not terrible, but I wouldn't transfer to a server just to role with an outfit like DREV. I can't think of an NC outfit to match NUC.

TIW is probably the only outfit on the list above that can fight NUC on an equal skill basis (there are, in fact, former NUC members in TIW and vice-versa.) They can both bring skilled players under good leadership to a fight.

But, in general, I agree with you - there are just fewer solid outfits, compared to Mattherson. Certainly nowhere near as many decent platoon+ outfits.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Holy crap NC was everywhere on Mattherson this morning. Getting wrecked by outfits like Supertroopers and Higby's Heroes. Sure would be nice if some allies showed up with AA...

Speaking of outfits, how do I join one? The goon VS outfit is GOKU, right?

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Speaking of outfits, how do I join one? The goon VS outfit is GOKU, right?

There is a PGS thread about it. Basically, post your ingame name in that thread, get on the mumble and ask someone to add you to the outfit. Your character also has to be online to get an outfit invite.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I try to fly my reaver like the cool dudes in the videos but the moment I get anywhere near a hex with at least one enemy in it I get flakked, lanced and missiled to hell and back within seconds. Do these youtube airgods play on magical servers where nobody knows how to deal with air?

It is pretty disheartening to play as NC at the moment. Against VS we get to look forward to swarms of ZOE maxes, mountain tops full of Lancers and piles of magical hovering magriders and sauron-harassers. Against TR we have to face zippy prowlers, fractures, strikers and mosquitos. Thankfully TE's "combat doctrines" seems to be doing a good job of holding TR back from realizing it's full potential.

Really the only thing that keeps me going these days are my dual max-ravens and harasser. (Ravens are awesome)

Has anyone else noticed the galaxy's flight physics/behavior changing lately? Maybe it's just my precision drops airframe but it is a lot more agile than it was a few patches ago.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Giggily posted:

Look at Cup Boy's chart. Once you start looking at high BRs the best pilots are usually flying Reavers. The majority of the Matterson airspergs are NC primarily as well

I'm pretty sure he took his spreadsheet down. :( Not that high BR is necessarily indicative of skilled full-time piloting by itself of course, we'd have to look at overall flight time, average kills and vehicle kills and deaths to make some sort of assertion like what you've presented about "the vast majority" playing NC beyond it just looking like a statement of confirmation bias.

I don't play on Matterson so I can't really speak to "airspergs" there. On Connery it seems to me like the best pilots play TR, but as above, I wouldn't make the leap from that casual view to broad assumptions about what the playerbase reflects.

I am somewhat curious if there are a lot of high skill dedicated tank driver-gunner combos though. Anyone know of anybody infamous?

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

go3 posted:

Behold, the power of hash-tags.
"Defend Rashnu #YOLO #TRFARM #GOONS"

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

psivamp posted:

Behold, the power of hash-tags.
"Defend Rashnu #YOLO #TRFARM #GOONS"

OHK someone with the UBGL /yell #OutSkilled

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Mo_Steel posted:

I am somewhat curious if there are a lot of high skill dedicated tank driver-gunner combos though. Anyone know of anybody infamous?

Back in the HE spam days there was a couple that I knew (Ratatatatata or something), but it was more tank driver with HE/lockdown prowlers than actual teams. Nowadays there's a couple of vanguard teams I sometimes recognize (WaaWaa), but it's more that they are high BR and fairly skilled, but they aren't infamous. MBT's can't get in, kill poo poo, and more importantly escape or kill everyone before they die, so they don't attract the kind of infamy that other vehicles do.

Nowadays other than the air spergs, I recognize certain harasser teams as being absolute pains in the asses. I posted the other day about that though - the harasser just takes a lot to take down (or can) and goes fast enough that it can get away while being repaired on the move. It's also hard to hit with lancer fire (or even vortexes) in the areas we fight in now. I can't even imagine what it would be like to try to hit one with a phoenix.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Harassers are the most serious vehicle threat in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Westy543 posted:

I think I'm certing this thing out. What do you guys like for defense on it? I think auto repair COULD be viable on it with the way I drive it because I rarely stick around for infantry and I've got great map knowledge so I can juke and break line of sight very easily. Composite armor is by and for the most useful on paper, but I don't know how much I'd actually get out of it. Maybe stealth, because not showing up on the minimap is a boon and as the Flash with stealth shows, if you aren't on the minimap you don't exist to 95% of the playerbase. :ssh: That's how I kill all my Harassers, is seeing them on the minimap.

Ignore your entire post, because It Is Wrong.

Defense: Composite Armor (Max it out, get to at least level 4 ASAP)
Utility: Turbo (2-3 levels is all you need) or Gate Diffuser (1 level) or if you must, Radar (but only if you max it)
Chassis: Racer (Max it)
Weapons: Fury or Enforcer, don't bother with anything else.

Never roll with a MAX in your junk if you actually want to be effective. MAX in junk is only for transport.

Always keep moving, NEVER STOP. EVER.

Don't actually use Turbo to go fast, that's what Racer Chassis is for. (I'm not giving away all the secrets, but others can vouch for my Harasser badassery)

Always roll as an Engineer with AT mines, Gunner should do the same. Gunner should be good at hitting that sweet spot from the backseat while doing SWEET JUMPS. Gunner should have high level flak armor.

3 Engineers is a crazy loadout, but make sure the Gunner and backseat are pro at hotswapping regularly.

Buy a horn. Use it constantly.

Always drive in third person mode. Always talk to your gunner.

Never cert Nanite Repair, it is poo poo for the Harasser.

There is more to the art of Harassing, but those are the basics for success. You need to learn the tricks to driving it well on your own.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 10, 2013

• Locked thread