Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Story AND Campaign?
I'm gonna guess Story has cutscenes and the same fight lineups for each character every time, while Campaign is like a random arcade mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Is that the actual menu in the game? Or is that fan-translated?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Is that the actual menu in the game? Or is that fan-translated?
Just saw it on this dude's tumblr: http://hurricanecrew.tumblr.com/ I assume it's unaltered.
Also some details on how some of King Crimson's powers work
-He's invulnerable during his forwards/backwards quick-step
-He can spend heart heat gauge to nullify an attack
-He can go into "Time erasure mode" where the opponent just does the same attack over and over and Diavolo is invincible. It ends after a certain amount of time or when an attack button is pressed.
-For his heart heat attack, he uses his ability to see the future to automatically dodge every attack without draining his guard gauge.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Lmao seems good...

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Ivan Ooze 2.0

If King Crimson is intended to be a ridiculously overpowered boss character then I have no problem with all of that. As per fighting game custom, he could be unplayable or have a weakened version for players or he could be playable in all of his glory and just be nearly unbeatable and force players to agree not to use him unless they're both playing him or someone equally strong. Or maybe he ends up being reasonable, who knows? But I'm glad he's true to the comic.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
They'll probably just go the Seth route for and give him low health/low damage and hope it balances out

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Tobaccrow posted:

Just saw it on this dude's tumblr: http://hurricanecrew.tumblr.com/ I assume it's unaltered.

It's from the Part 5 guys Famitsu article. so it's real. The translation from the Dustloop forums is up too.

SoWL posted:

Bruno Buccellati (CV: Noriaki Sugiyama)

Battle style: Stand (Sticky Fingers)

A character featured in part 5. Though initially an enemy of Giorno’s, he has taken a liking of Giorno’s “Dream” and invited him in his team. Buccellati himself is a calm, level-headed leader of the team who earned everyone’s trust. His Stand, Sticky Fingers, has the ability to create a zipper on any object it hits to take it apart.

Command move: Closing zipper!
Buccellati can move quickly while his Stand is off thanks to this move. By holding onto the zipper on the ground, he is able to quickly zip back and forth around the battlefield. Moreover, thanks to being low to the ground, he can dodge projectiles and other attacks. While moving this way, you can perform “Looks like I’ll have to dispose of him!”.

Command move: Looks like I’ll have to dispose of him!

Command move: Over there!
A punch with great range from the zipper!

Command move: Ariariariari
Buccellati’s Stand unleashes a flurry of punches!

Command move: Opening zipper!
Buccellati attacks the enemy with a zipper in the ground.

Command move: Bloody bastard
By unzipping his own arm and that of his Stand’s, Buccellati can attack the enemy from far away.

Command move: I already realized that, too!
Buccellati and his Stand punch the ground simultaneously. The hand emerges from the zipper far away, hitting the enemy from an unexpected angle!

Command move: This isn’t my “Arm”

Normal throw: This has already become a “Torture session”.

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: Are you ready? I will do it.
Buccellati grabs the enemy and falls into the space below the zipper along with them. Both players then erupt out of another hole and hit the ground. This move deals a lot of damage, though it deals some damage to Buccellati, too.

Great Heat Attack: Arrivederci
After being launched into the air with the Stand, the enemy falls underground through the zipper. The Stand quickly erupts from underground and unleashes a brutal “Ariari” combo! Finally, they are blown away with the last hit, as Buccellati says “Arrivederci” (goodbye).

Narancia Ghirga (CV: Yuuko Sanpei)

Battle style: Stand (Aerosmith)

A character featured in part 5. One of Buccellati’s subordinates. Though he may seem innocent and unreliable, he has great spiritual power when it comes to protecting his friends, allowing him to face any danger head-on. His Stand, Aerosmith, takes shape of a plane that can attack with bombs and machineguns. It also has the power of detecting carbon dioxide, allowing Narancia to attack targets he can’t even see.

Command move: Can’t run away!
The Stand is summoned after a punch, firing machineguns.

Command move: I’ll make you talk!
Narancia raises his left hand upwards, letting his Stand fly and fire machineguns diagonally upwards.

Command move: If I can’t shoot, then I won’t
The Stand charges the opponent, cutting them with the propeller.

Command move: Take flight!
While in Stand mode, Aerosmith flies around the screen. You can follow it up with “Go, over there!” and “It’s worth shooting the hell out of you!”.

Command move: A beehive!
Aerosmith continuously shoots bullets with his machineguns.

Command move: Disappear!
Aerosmith drops a bomb, damaging the enemy with the explosion.

Command move: Go, over there!
You can change Aerosmith’s flight route with the direction buttons.

Command move: It’s worth shooting the hell out of you!
After traveling the determined route, Aerosmith unloads his machineguns on the enemy!

Throw: How about this! And this!

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: Get them with the bigger one!
Aerosmith continuously bombs the opponent.

Great Heat Attack: Volare Via!
The Stand unleashes its guns, while Narancia is saying “Volavola…” – of course, ending it with “Volare Via” (have a nice flight).

Diavolo (CV: Morikawa Toshiyuki)

Battle style: Stand (King Crimson)
A character featured in part 5. Boss of the gangster organization “Passione”. So no one knows his identity, he usually acts under the guise of a young boy named Vinegar Doppio. His Stand, King Crimson, can see into the future as well as erase time.

Vinegar Doppio (CV: Ishida Akira)
Diavolo’s second identity. A young boy who is deeply loyal to “Boss”. Boss himself takes over the body whenever he wants, but Doppio is not aware that Boss is inside of him.

Command move: It’s over!
A powerful overhead punch with the Stand! When the enemy is hit, they are forced into the knockdown state.

Command move: Time goes on again!
A powerful body blow from King Crimson! By holding down the button, this attack can be made unblockable.

Special move: Your life is in my hands!!

Command move: “King Crimson”!

Step movement: I’ll only skip half a second!
Before Diavolo’s forward step and backstep, he leaves crimson traces of teleportation. The enemy’s attack will never hit him while in this state.

Counter-move: What a meaningless act
A special counter-move that activates right before getting hit by the opponent. Though it costs Heart Heat Gauge, you enter the “Time erasure” mode, able to rewind the enemy’s attack as if it never hit you.

Command move: The time has been erased…!!
While in the “Time erasure” mode, the enemy repeats his attack over and over again, while Diavolo is completely invincible and can do whatever he pleases, moving out of the attack’s trajectory. After a certain amount of time or when you press an attack button, the “Time erasure” mode ends.

Throw: I won’t let you go!

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: Epitaph
The ability that lets Diavolo see into the future with 100% precision. While in this mode, Diavolo dodges most of the enemy’s attacks automatically with Stylish Action. However, it does not drain his Guard Gauge.

Great Heat Attack: Pinnacle of Eternity
After activating the Great Heat Attack, the enemy’s attack is parried, as Diavolo activates the “Time erasure” mode, approaches the defenseless enemy from behind, and delivers a brutal blow from King Crimson.

System info
"Rumbling" Mode: When HP is low, this is activated automatically, attack power increases and gauges fill up faster.

Preparedness Mode: Attacks no longer make you wince/flinch. Only 4 characters so far can activate "Preparedness Mode": Giorno, Bruno, Mista, and Hermes.

Preparedness mode sounds like it could be a real pain in the rear end. It's just hyper armor, but the way it's described sounds like "gently caress it, I just have Hyper Armor all the time."

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

quote:

-He can go into "Time erasure mode" where the opponent just does the same attack over and over and Diavolo is invincible.
This sounds like it should go with Gold Experience Requiem, not King Crimson.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

This sounds like it should go with Gold Experience Requiem, not King Crimson.

Do we know how GER works in this game?

Anyway it fits KC and Diavolo sounds pretty awesome.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd assume story mode is like cutscenes and series reenactments while campaign is like arcade mode where you battle through some dudes and get a character specific ending, that's just my assumption though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Do we know how GER works in this game?

Do we know how GER works in the manga?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

trucutru posted:

Do we know how GER works in the manga?

It gives Giorno the power to win.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I kept hearing rumors how some of the devs were at E3, what were they showing, a Naruto game?

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'd assume story mode is like cutscenes and series reenactments while campaign is like arcade mode where you battle through some dudes and get a character specific ending, that's just my assumption though.

That's exactly what it is. I don't know if it's going to be some BlazBlue long cutscenes with fights time to time or something else, though. Probably that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Meme Emulator posted:

I kept hearing rumors how some of the devs were at E3, what were they showing, a Naruto game?

I really don't see what they'd have to show given they just released their newest Naruto game 3 months ago. They literally have nothing to show that isn't JJBA at this point unless they have some sleeper project absolutely nobody picked up on.

onepixeljumpman posted:

That's exactly what it is. I don't know if it's going to be some BlazBlue long cutscenes with fights time to time or something else, though. Probably that.

It's supposed to be unconventional, but I really hope they don't go visual novel stlye. I don't expect them to do everything in a cutscene, but anything that isn't visual novel style would be fine.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I ran across this at random.

Araki's recent interpretation of Fist of the North Star.

Somehow he lapped himself in fabulousness and made Kenshiro more manly. How is that possible.* :psyduck:

*Probably because he looks more like a punk rocker in this outfit than anything.

Well, that and you'd have to be a badass to walk around looking like this with peace and love-hearts tattooed on your arms in a post apocolypse wasteland.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jun 13, 2013

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
That Kenshiro is more manly than the original in the same way DmC Dante is more manly than the original Dante.

He isn't.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Ryaomon posted:

That Kenshiro is more manly than the original in the same way DmC Dante is more manly than the original Dante.

He isn't.

It's subjective - to me he's more manly in that I can picture him kicking rear end and not giving no fucks wearing that.

I should warn you that this is probably because I've spent the last 7 weeks of my life in Hollywood. I keep seeing people who look like they stepped out of an Araki comic.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 13, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spacedad posted:

It's subjective - to me he's more manly in that I can picture him kicking rear end and not giving no fucks wearing that.

I should warn you that this is probably because I've spent the last 7 weeks of my life in Hollywood. I keep seeing people who look like they stepped out of an Araki comic.

So more manly not in the traditional sense but in the sense that he seems more confident and secure in his own masculinity?

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
Speaking of manly I'm loving that androgyny symbol pointing at his crotch.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

So more manly not in the traditional sense but in the sense that he seems more confident and secure in his own masculinity?

Pretty much. Like I said, you'd have to be a badass to go walking through a post apocalyptic wasteland dressed like that.

When you consider the original Kenshiro is just an outfit carbon copy of Mad Max who turns into a Bruce Lee clone whenever his regenerating shirt is ripped off, this is something of a weird improvement. At least it's more unique now. His trademark Jojo hand-posing also looks more like he fights ready to push pressure points than straight up punching.

failedninja posted:

Speaking of manly I'm loving that androgyny symbol pointing at his crotch.

Which is pretty tame fare for the heterosexual goth-punks up around here. :allears:

...I've...seen things you people wouldn't believe. Mistaken men for women and come off feeling like a 1970's conservative hard-hat...

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 13, 2013

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Spacedad posted:

When you consider the original Kenshiro is just an outfit carbon copy of Mad Max who turns into a Bruce Lee clone whenever his regenerating shirt is ripped off,

How the hell is this a flaw?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Those are dangerously saggy pants.

I like his pink watch and monogrammed vest button. Imagine the look on the post apocalyptic tailor's face.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Stairmaster posted:

How the hell is this a flaw?

It's not. I'm saying it's just not *fabulous.*

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If thats what Araki's Kenshiro would look like, what the hell would the more fabulous characters like Juda be like?

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Juda would just be a sentient, ambulatory feather boa.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys, did you know Joseph's VA sung a Japanese version of One Jump Ahead from Aladdin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36MN5dc4O0E

It's sort of appropriate because Joseph faintly reminds me of Aladdin.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 17, 2013

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

ASB League started this morning. Which is a tournament of AI matches that will also feature characters that haven't been announced yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8adHXwNWs
Buccellatti Vs. Josuke and Jonathan Vs. Dio

Tobaccrow fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 19, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I actually really like the BGM in all stars battle so far. It also looks really nice, I guess I haven't realized in the manga how crazy some of the poses get.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 19, 2013

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The new Jojolion chapter is out, here's somebody's rough translation

:catstare:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Yeah, that chapter, I, uh... :raise:

For some reason I thought that was Joshuu in the tree. Back story seemed solid, if not completely :catstare:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I like how Johnny apparently got the dreaded rock on head disease.

If George never died, maybe there will be an alt-universe Jotaro

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

So

What the hell is going on in that last page? Is it just some creepy groping or is her body all mixed up or something???

Since the story was a "just a legend" I'm guessing that the corpse is still in Morioh somewhere. I hope we get a big flashback of Johnny fighting the G-Men, I don't think Araki would give them real designs if we wouldn't be seeing them again.

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

I like how Johnny apparently got the dreaded rock on head disease.

If George never died, maybe there will be an alt-universe Jotaro

I have a friend who is swearing up and down that Gappy is the combination of Kira and Jotaro, who were brothers. I have a theory that Jojolion is going to end with Gappy splitting back into Kira and Jotaro and part 9 following alt-Jotaro, or something like that.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I can't tell what's going on in the pages right before Johnny gets crushed by the rock. It looks to me like he uses Tusk Act 4 to shoot his son, then he goes flying back from the shot and the disease passes on to him. Then I can't tell what happens between then and the rock crushing his head.

Since the narration specifically said that the holy corpse can "take things away", I'm guessing that Jousuke is a combination of Kira's corpse (killed by whoever that was Jousuke saw at the end of the apartment fight) and the holy corpse.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Johnny shoots his son to activate the corpse - I guess he couldn't activate it by praying again, though I'm not sure why. Also not sure where the rock is from - maybe the US agents were trying to kill George?

Not really pleased by the molestation scene. I think Araki is trying to do heterosexual sex appeal but it's coming off as really heavy-handed...

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 20, 2013

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I can't tell what's going on in the pages right before Johnny gets crushed by the rock. It looks to me like he uses Tusk Act 4 to shoot his son, then he goes flying back from the shot and the disease passes on to him. Then I can't tell what happens between then and the rock crushing his head.

Since the narration specifically said that the holy corpse can "take things away", I'm guessing that Jousuke is a combination of Kira's corpse (killed by whoever that was Jousuke saw at the end of the apartment fight) and the holy corpse.

He put George on the case to give him the corpse power and then shot him to trigger it. The corpse reflected George's misfortune (the disease and being shot) back to Johnny. Then the leaves move a boulder on his head. I don't know if he did that himself to make his death look like an accident or what, though.

Josuke's power does seem to be a combination of alt-Killer Queen and the corpse, but the Americans took the corpse back after Johnny died, so if Josuke really is half-Jesus someone must've stolen it again.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I think we all missed the most important new plot point in the latest chapter.

Yasuho can lick her own elbow

Can you do that? I certainly cannot. This is obviously her Stand.:colbert:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Maybe I've lost something but why we calling josuke gappy?

pinegala posted:

Johnny shoots his son to activate the corpse - I guess he couldn't activate it by praying again, though I'm not sure why. Also not sure where the rock is from - maybe the US agents were trying to kill George?

Not really pleased by the molestation scene. I think Araki is trying to do heterosexual sex appeal but it's coming off as really heavy-handed...
It is a molestation scene, it looked dirty and unconfortable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompadour Diamond
Mar 21, 2013

Honest Thief posted:

Maybe I've lost something but why we calling josuke gappy?

Gappy is just a nickname fans call Josuke to help differentiate the two Josukes. It's also because there's a gap between his teeth, hence the "gap" in Gappy.

• Locked thread