Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

FrozenVent posted:

If you find frostbite scary or unnerving, you must live somewhere pretty warm.

Well, if I were out in the wilderness miles away from anywhere, and I suddenly realised I was developing frostbite, I'd be scared. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

General Panic posted:

Well, if I were out in the wilderness miles away from anywhere, and I suddenly realised I was developing frostbite, I'd be scared. :shrug:

Yeah, I'm in New England and I find the idea of losing fingers and toes because I was too cold pretty scary.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Is frostbite the same thing as freezer-burn or is it a different process entirely?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Different process.

If it was the same anything you put in the freezer would develop frostbite, which would be kind of wierd.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tibor posted:

I actually have my own experiences with TV licensing which involved them trying to force their way into my house to the extent that I had to call the police. I should add that this was on their first visit.

Really? What happened? Did they get charged with anything? Did you open the door and they tried to force their way in? Sorry for the questions, but I work in law and I occasionally deal with TV Licensing officers overstepping their mark, but I've never heard of them actually trying to physically force their way into a property.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Human posted:

Hey, I was hoping someone could help me find a "creepy wikipedia page." I know it's been posted before, but I can't remember if it was in this thread. I got through about the first 25 pages before my eyes started to melt and decided to just ask. A young woman went missing after a party and no one knew where she was, but it was presumed to be violent. She was eventually found dead in the basement of some place that was already searched by the police days earlier. There was some weirdness with some stranger telling someone saying that the missing person would be found dead soon and other creepy stuff like that?

I dunno, I hate to ask but the memory of this crime has just been bouncing around in my head all week and creeping me out and I was hoping seeing the actual facts would help unstick it.

Possibly Marc Dutroux based on the basement & search stuff.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

FrozenVent posted:

If you find frostbite scary or unnerving, you must live somewhere pretty warm.

Mild frostbite maybe, but I don't think it's that weird to be afraid of something that could cause parts of your body to die and eventually rot off. Especially parts that you'll probably miss like fingers, toes, your nose, your ears, etc.

Msdoomngloom
May 3, 2013

TorpedoFish posted:

I would like to introduce you to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is a congenital heart condition. Often, the very first symptom, the first indicator that anything is wrong, is when a perfectly healthy young person falls over and dies.

Also, while we're talking about government experiments, remember that time the US Army may or may not have released a nerve agent that killed six thousand sheep in Utah?

I've never posted before but this actually happened to me. I was brought back via defibrillator.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

jalopybrown posted:

Possibly Marc Dutroux based on the basement & search stuff.

Dutroux did little girls, though, and not young women. Wasn't the oldest victim of his only 13 or so?

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Really? What happened? Did they get charged with anything? Did you open the door and they tried to force their way in? Sorry for the questions, but I work in law and I occasionally deal with TV Licensing officers overstepping their mark, but I've never heard of them actually trying to physically force their way into a property.

Long story short, the guy was verbally aggressive and tried to get his arm / foot in the door while I told him he would have to get a warrant, to which he refused and was adamant he was coming in. He couldn't produce decent I.D. and I stood my ground and he left. I called the police because he seemed like a burglar or rapist or something but when it turned out he actually did work for TV licensing he didn't get charged with anything.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Taeke posted:

Dutroux did little girls, though, and not young women. Wasn't the oldest victim of his only 13 or so?

An Marchal was 17 & Eefje Lambrecks was 19.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
Those posts about 9/11 victim's and this last calls prompted me to explore it on wikipedia and youtube. It's horrible and depressing, of course, but I found the entry on Sneha Anne Philip the most interesting.

quote:

Ron Lieberman returned to the couple's apartment after midnight that night and noticed Philip was not there. He believed she had stayed out late or all night, as she had been doing, and resolved to remind her the next time he saw her to call him under those circumstances. He went to bed as he had to get up early the next morning for work.[3]
Later investigation found that someone had called Lieberman's cell phone from the apartment at 4 a.m. Lieberman doesn't remember it, but thinks he may have awakened briefly to check his voicemail. When he got up for work at 6:30, his wife had still not returned. That evening, after the terrorist attacks, he was able to use his medical credentials to get through the security perimeter and return to their apartment. Since the window had been left open, dust from the towers had accumulated throughout. There were tracks in it from the couple's two kittens, but none from any human.[3]
She was one of hundreds of people reported to police as missing that day. Like those of other victims, her family posted flyers all over the city in an effort to find her. Her case was the only one not connected to the attacks, and her brother claimed he had last heard from her during the attack to generate media interest. She has never been found or otherwise accounted for.[3]

It makes me wonder how many people used the scale of the evident to disappear or were abducted/murdered in the aftermath and their case never followed up on. I think there's a PostSecret to that effect ("Everyone who knew me before 9/11 thinks I'm dead") that's always stayed with me. If you were going to disappear, that would be the time to do it.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Nouvelle Vague posted:

Those posts about 9/11 victim's and this last calls prompted me to explore it on wikipedia and youtube. It's horrible and depressing, of course, but I found the entry on Sneha Anne Philip the most interesting.

It makes me wonder how many people used the scale of the evident to disappear or were abducted/murdered in the aftermath and their case never followed up on. I think there's a PostSecret to that effect ("Everyone who knew me before 9/11 thinks I'm dead") that's always stayed with me. If you were going to disappear, that would be the time to do it.

Yeah, it's a perfect storm. There really hasn't been a disaster, terrorist or otherwise, that would make finding so many bodies impossible. I mean, you couldn't disappear during the Boston bombing, for example, because the bodies could still be recovered and identified. Same with the terrorist attacks in London. 911 occurred on such a massive scale that if you were to just disappear, it would be pretty tough to confirm whether or not you were actually there.

Jesus, why I am thinking this through so much?

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

into the void posted:

Yeah, it's a perfect storm. There really hasn't been a disaster, terrorist or otherwise, that would make finding so many bodies impossible. I mean, you couldn't disappear during the Boston bombing, for example, because the bodies could still be recovered and identified. Same with the terrorist attacks in London. 911 occurred on such a massive scale that if you were to just disappear, it would be pretty tough to confirm whether or not you were actually there.

Jesus, why I am thinking this through so much?

Annnnnd the moment I posted that I remember this story that makes me a liar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Esteve_Head

Turns out it's not so tough to confirm that you actually weren't there. Granted, this woman didn't disappear. She's just a loving horrible person.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

into the void posted:

Annnnnd the moment I posted that I remember this story that makes me a liar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Esteve_Head

Turns out it's not so tough to confirm that you actually weren't there. Granted, this woman didn't disappear. She's just a loving horrible person.

There's a fascinating documentary about Tania Head's hoax on netflix, it's called "The Woman Who Wasn't There." It includes footage of Head talking about her "experiences" in the WTC before she was unmasked that is very difficult to watch when you know that she is lying; it's hard to describe the mixture of rage and pity she evokes. She's clearly mentally ill to some degree, but she revels in the attention and sympathy she gets with her story, just wallows in it. It's infuriating.

Edit: \/\/ Even if you think you already know all about Walmart, read the article at Manslaughter's link below, it's a terrific article and a straight-up bone-chilling account of capitalism as Juggernaut. Thanks, that was a great read.\/\/

bonestructure has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Jun 13, 2013

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you-dont-know

Found this in the OUYA thread (of all places). Not wikipedia, but definitely unnerving. Also, stick around and read some of the comments below the article itself.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Manslaughter posted:

http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you-dont-know

Found this in the OUYA thread (of all places). Not wikipedia, but definitely unnerving. Also, stick around and read some of the comments below the article itself.

I read this awhile back. I worked for a period of time for a cannery that was courting Wal-Mart, and the Wal-Mart reps made our lives a living hell on the floor.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Msdoomngloom posted:

I've never posted before but this actually happened to me. I was brought back via defibrillator.

I don't know how this got skipped over. What happened? Where were you? What did it feel like? Please tell your story if you aren't opposed to it!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

RCarr posted:

I don't know how this got skipped over. What happened? Where were you? What did it feel like? Please tell your story if you aren't opposed to it!

I don't know if you meant the heart stopping or the defibrillator, but I've had my heart stopped twice because of an arrhythmia using a drug called adenosine. It feels kind of like your chest is caving in and you can't really breathe.

Dudes!
Apr 24, 2012

Never you mind posted:

On bizarre burn deaths, historical version:

At the Bal des Ardents, Charles VI of France and five nobles dressed in (really flammable) wild man costumes to perform a surprise entertainment. The king's brother leaned too close with a torch to see who was behind a mask (he was kind of a jerk, so he may have done this on purpose), and whoosh! Four deaths, with the king protected by a fifteen-year-old who covered him with her skirts and the one remaining dancer surviving by jumping into a wine vat.

I never knew this story was based on true events.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hop-Frog

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

jalopybrown posted:

An Marchal was 17 & Eefje Lambrecks was 19.

It's weird, I'm actually from Belgium and I always assumed they were little girls as well. I don't know why.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHIC/met_WTC_histories_full_01.html

Oral interviews with firefighters and ems personnel after 9/11.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I showed 9/11 stuff this to a bunch of people in one of my courses and one of them turned out to be a truther. He smugly shook his head no and smiled and gave his own warped explaination of the attacks which he had plastered all over his facebook. What happened really on 9/11 apparently is an opinion according to him. He tied truther poo poo into The Bible and also using a number code to show that the events were made to dupe people, and never before have I wanted to slap someone's face so hard because they're that loving dense.

Dudes!
Apr 24, 2012

WendigoJohnson posted:

I showed 9/11 stuff this to a bunch of people in one of my courses and one of them turned out to be a truther. He smugly shook his head no and smiled and gave his own warped explaination of the attacks which he had plastered all over his facebook. What happened really on 9/11 apparently is an opinion according to him. He tied truther poo poo into The Bible and also using a number code to show that the events were made to dupe people, and never before have I wanted to slap someone's face so hard because they're that loving dense.

Vanilla Ice did 911!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyNi7bYt0v0

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The secrets codes contained within Harry Potter and a Song of Ice and Fire must be incredibly mind blowing then. Like Alien illuminati iPhone poo poo.

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world

WendigoJohnson posted:

truther smug dupe

Remind him of how many people his sister has had sex with. With people like this, you need to nibble on them over time until their little house of cards breaks. It's easy work, but definitely a long haul sort of thing. Doesn't hurt if you know they believe something like 9/11 is a conspiracy from the get go as it's likely they'll have the argument that marijuana isn't a chemical, or is all natural, etcetera. Little other things that go with the big conspiracies. Stomp things before they admit to believing it. Karma's great too, stomp on that puppy, stomp on everything. Destroy everything they could possibly believe in but haven't admitted to. Stomp until they're out of words and sit there grimly with thinned lips.

Then, slam them with a bunch of their words, pigeon-holing, stereotyping, close-minded prejudices, not thinking critically, not thinking outside of the box, and compare their ideology to a faith based religion, very islamic, very catholism, very much discounting scientific values and blindly following like sheep the words of a cheaply created television program and poorly designed websites like Zeitgeist, and like Jesus TV on American cable, God bless the Jesus conspiracy of your heart about Bermuda and Kennedy.

And if you get that far, you'll have really made yourself out to be an crushing rear end in a top hat. Hang around people like this and eventually they'll get off the weed and then you'll have to hear about their DREAMS.

I grew up in a fairly forested area of Australia, but I had an aunt who grew up in the very distant outback, more towards the middle of Australia and they had these. In Australia they tend to be called Min Min Lights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)

They're still amazing, even though firmly scientifically explained.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Helmacron posted:

I grew up in a fairly forested area of Australia, but I had an aunt who grew up in the very distant outback, more towards the middle of Australia and they had these. In Australia they tend to be called Min Min Lights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)

They're still amazing, even though firmly scientifically explained.

Creepy visual phenomna, The Brocken Spectre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6psUfEqmZHc
Here's one in motion. The movement of the clouds causes the figure to looks as if it is moving, in this case, rapidly toward the viewer.

I found this linked when someone posted the Am Fear Liath Mor earlier in the thread. It's a possible explanation for "The Big Grey Man," who "has been described as an extremely tall figure covered with short hair, or as an unseen presence that causes uneasy feelings in people who climb the mountain." "Other climbers have also reported similar experiences, many describing uncontrollable feelings of fear and panic, some actually seeing a huge grey figure behind them, and others only hearing sounds or even succumbing to inexplicable feelings of terror while in the area." If I didn't know what a Brocken Spectre was, turned around on a misty evening alone in the mountains, and saw a shifting, tall, grey figure behind me, you bet you're rear end I'd be uneasy.

Double Plus Good has a new favorite as of 07:19 on Jun 13, 2013

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Msdoomngloom posted:

And what a first post it was, that is terrifying. :psyduck:

Would you mind sharing the story?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TorpedoFish posted:

Also, while we're talking about government experiments, remember that time the US Army may or may not have released a nerve agent that killed six thousand sheep in Utah?

Could be worse. Could have actually killed people instead of sheep.

Sverdlovsk anthrax leak

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

RNG posted:

Beyond this guy having to make a choice between leaping to his death or being burned alive, it's pretty terrible to think that these were the last few seconds of his life- he had no clue about the hijackings, or all of the things that would follow over the next decade, or maybe even that a plane had hit the building- and (given that the person in the photo hasn't been positively identified) the only reason we know of him or will remember his existence is those few seconds between leaping and impact.

There was a documentary about finding out who this guy actually was. Turns out he was a waiter (or chef, I can't remember) from the Windows of the World.

In the documentary they track down his family. Worth a watch. Touching and pretty heart breaking. He sounded like a pretty good dude. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXnA9FjvLSU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Helmacron posted:

...as it's likely they'll have the argument that marijuana isn't a chemical, or is all natural, etcetera.

Sorry for the derail here but would you mind elaborating on this a bit? I'm genuinely curious how this ties into truther bullshit or how, for that matter, marijuana isn't "all natural". I'm not a truther or crazy conspiracy nut or anything but how much more natural than "a plant that grows" does it have to be to be all natural? Yes, THC is a chemical compound but.. so are like, almost all other things. Does that mean there is no such thing as "all natural" :confused:

Anyway, not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, just genuinely curious what that has to do with anything. Feel free to answer in a PM or just ignore me or whatever as to not take this derail any further and incur the wrath of EPW :shobon:

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

abraxas posted:

Sorry for the derail here but would you mind elaborating on this a bit? I'm genuinely curious how this ties into truther bullshit or how, for that matter, marijuana isn't "all natural". I'm not a truther or crazy conspiracy nut or anything but how much more natural than "a plant that grows" does it have to be to be all natural? Yes, THC is a chemical compound but.. so are like, almost all other things. Does that mean there is no such thing as "all natural" :confused:

Anyway, not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, just genuinely curious what that has to do with anything. Feel free to answer in a PM or just ignore me or whatever as to not take this derail any further and incur the wrath of EPW :shobon:

And not to get all sciencey, it's not just "almost all other things", but everything can be broken down to chemical compounds. Ironically, so long as the substance is pure, it's a chemical substance. Water, for example, is a chemical. *rainbow* the more you know.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

abraxas posted:

There are a lot of people who do not understand the meaning of the word "chemical", and use it as a shorthand for "Evil Souleating Hell Substance", and operate under the (erroneous) assumption that all manmade substances are chemicals, and therefore bad, and that everything else is "natural", and therefore good.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Punting posted:

There are a lot of people who do not understand the meaning of the word "chemical", and use it as a shorthand for "Evil Souleating Hell Substance", and operate under the (erroneous) assumption that all manmade substances are chemicals, and therefore bad, and that everything else is "natural", and therefore good.

One guy in particular I met a few years ago sticks out in my mind on this. He thought 9/11 was an inside job, believed in the new world order, chemtrails on planes, flouride being a mind-control agent, vaccines causing autism, etc. When he tried to use chemical in that way I tried my best to explain to him that everything is made of compounds etc, and somehow ended up on the topic of Biology and the Kingdoms of classification, only to be told that I was a "fool" for buying into the whole "man is an animal conspiracy."

I asked him if we were supposed to be plants, fungi, or something even less complex but he clearly had no interest in actual facts. He had this very elaborate blanket method of including every institution imaginable into his global shadow organization. My community college classes were apparently all "a part of it." He at one point asked me for "Data" and I googled some graphs of some sort and he showed me very quickly that he was actually incapable of comprehending graphs.

I honestly just felt like he was insulting all the effort scientists have committed to learning about the world over the years that I am so grateful for. It's not a wikipedia page but I was definitely terrified and unnerved once I managed to pry myself away from this guy. I feel so fortunate that I haven't met more like him.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Tenkaris posted:

One guy in particular I met a few years ago sticks out in my mind on this. He thought 9/11 was an inside job, believed in the new world order, chemtrails on planes, flouride being a mind-control agent, vaccines causing autism, etc. When he tried to use chemical in that way I tried my best to explain to him that everything is made of compounds etc, and somehow ended up on the topic of Biology and the Kingdoms of classification, only to be told that I was a "fool" for buying into the whole "man is an animal conspiracy."

I asked him if we were supposed to be plants, fungi, or something even less complex but he clearly had no interest in actual facts. He had this very elaborate blanket method of including every institution imaginable into his global shadow organization. My community college classes were apparently all "a part of it." He at one point asked me for "Data" and I googled some graphs of some sort and he showed me very quickly that he was actually incapable of comprehending graphs.

I honestly just felt like he was insulting all the effort scientists have committed to learning about the world over the years that I am so grateful for. It's not a wikipedia page but I was definitely terrified and unnerved once I managed to pry myself away from this guy. I feel so fortunate that I haven't met more like him.

Yeah, it's always a little unnerving when you get a whiff of crazy when you weren't expecting it. I work on a psych unit and when a patient says something out of the blue like "The Gay Mafia gave me AIDs" (and is completely serious about it), I can nod and move on, what with the context of a psych unit. When a kid in class tells me that crystals have souls and consciousness, I'm always a little taken back.

And of course when I say 'crazy' I mean bizarre beliefs/thought processes, not specifically the mentally ill. Alex Jones is crazy. John Nash is mentally ill.

Msdoomngloom
May 3, 2013

RCarr posted:

I don't remember anything that happened ( also about 1 week after) I was actually at the gym and face planted. People said it looked like I was having a seizure.....then I turned blue. There was a defibrillator there which they used.
At the hospital I was in a medically induced coma and was given therapeutic hypothermia.

Turns out I had a congenital heart defect whose symptom Is... cardiac arrest.
It would have sucked if my last minutes of life were spent at the gym.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Msdoomngloom posted:

I don't remember anything that happened ( also about 1 week after) I was actually at the gym and face planted. People said it looked like I was having a seizure.....then I turned blue. There was a defibrillator there which they used.
At the hospital I was in a medically induced coma and was given therapeutic hypothermia.

Sorry about all the questions but I've never gotten to talk to someone who almost died like this before - Is there just a huge gap in your memory between "at the gym" and "woke up in the hospital a week later"? Did you dream at all? Do you have a feeling of "missing time," IE a feeling that you existed during that week and just can't remember it, or does it feel more like you teleported right from the gym to waking up in the hospital and that week never happened?

rhythm and booze
Jan 17, 2007
keep clappin' your hands!

Msdoomngloom posted:

This happened to my best friend who unfortunately was not as lucky as you and the last minutes of his life *were* spent in the gym. I'm so happy you survived and I bet your friends and family are too.
For content, here is another person this happened to - Premiership footballer Fabrice Muamba, during a game. He survived, after his heart stopped working for over an hour.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabrice_Muamba#Cardiac_arrest_on_the_pitch

It also happened to another player who did not live. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc-Vivien_Fo%E9#Death

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

I've always been fascinated by Chinese foot binding.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_binding

Wikipedia posted:

The foot binding process begins with a young girl (4-7 years old) soaking her feet in warm water or animal blood with herbs. After soaking the feet, her toe nails were to be clipped short and given a foot massage. Next, every toe would be broken except for the big toe. Then the foot was wrapped with binding cloth. Everyday, or every couple days, the foot would be unwrapped and wrapped again. The girls were put into smaller shoes until their foot was about 4 inches long.

That alone sounds pretty horrible, however there were many 'techniques' employed to attain perfection. One technique involved putting broken pottery inside the bindings so the foot flesh became lacerated, in time it would rot off and heal up as a tinier foot. Not surprisingly people died all the time from agonising infections in their rotting feet. Whenever I think about all those young girls undergoing that my mind goes 'nope', I just can't imagine it.

The most perfect foot was known as a Golden Lotus and it measured a mere three inches. A three inch foot. I mean gently caress, every now and then I hold a ruler again my my own foot and am amazed at how damned tiny that is. The shoes themselves were exquisite works of art, hand made and embroidered by the women either for themselves or as gifts. There is a strange disconnect between the horror of foot binding and the beauty of these shoes.

I spent some time in the British Library a few years ago reading translations from a kind of historical Chinese foot fanatics publication called Picking Radishes. It wasn't uncommon for men to steal lotus shoes, there were some reports of the shoes later being retuned full of jizz. Yeah. Another rather disgusting sexual foot thang I read from Picking Radishes surrounded the smell of bound feet. In particular the funk of decaying flesh and the putrid sweat from the folds caused by the foot, well, being folded in on itself. Huffing on foot stench was a real turn on for some men. There were many accounts of husbands delighting in the drinking of the water their wives used to wash their decaying feet in too.

That's some 'on the fringes stuff' I remember from my copious readings. The majority of the stuff I found was extremely poetic and beautiful and almost exclusively written by men who didn't have to endure the agony. My friend is half Chinese and her Grandma still has bound feet, she's very old but still gets about. A part of me wants to ask her about it, but I never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The existence of 'traditions' like foot binding is the reason I'm not a cultural relativist. The good news is that this practice has been almost completely eradicated.

• Locked thread