Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Zod looks pretty good, but I can't get over him looking down at his own feet and firing a laser there. That is the worst place to fire lasers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

gannyGrabber posted:

Zod looks pretty good, but I can't get over him looking down at his own feet and firing a laser there. That is the worst place to fire lasers.

agreed, You would think a general would understand this, but I guess not.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Won a bunch of ranked matches as Joker this afternoon. I lost many more, but still. IMPROVING!

The best thing is that, now when I lose, I can see why and usually figure out what I need to do to correct it. I'm still having trouble getting in on Deathstrokes, which is weird because I had no issues when using Raven.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

More Zod: http://testyourmight.com/threads/new-zod-videos-from-e3-including-move-list-frame-data.34284/

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Soonmot posted:

I lost many more, but still. IMPROVING!

The best thing is that, now when I lose, I can see why and usually figure out what I need to do to correct it. I'm still having trouble getting in on Deathstrokes, which is weird because I had no issues when using Raven.
We may be the same person, I use Grundy though. gently caress Deathstroke. The worst part is there are so many lovely Deathstrokes that artificially raise your confidence level, but then you get someone halfway competent and they just loving wreck me. Green Lantern is also a problem for me personally, which is weird because Grundy vs Lantern seems like it should be somewhat even but I just don't don't have the skill or know how to even scare a GL.

Also God drat if only I could stop dropping Grundy's incredibly easy combos while online. I can't imagine trying to combo with someone requiring precise timing.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

Zod looks siiiickk. Cant wait to zone/piss people off with a new character.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hahaha, the meter burn version of his ground laser is awesome. The first DLC character that I'll probably grab.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Foodahn posted:

We may be the same person, I use Grundy though. gently caress Deathstroke. The worst part is there are so many lovely Deathstrokes that artificially raise your confidence level, but then you get someone halfway competent and they just loving wreck me. Green Lantern is also a problem for me personally, which is weird because Grundy vs Lantern seems like it should be somewhat even but I just don't don't have the skill or know how to even scare a GL.

Also God drat if only I could stop dropping Grundy's incredibly easy combos while online. I can't imagine trying to combo with someone requiring precise timing.

You should probably try Doomsday. Body Splash into 3 3 is pretty much the most complicated combo you need to know. Also Supernova gives no fucks about Deathstroke's guns. Good Luthor players wreck me though, Luthor's trait is pretty much Doomsday's #1 weakness.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

AndyElusive posted:

For all you lazy rear end goons out there here's the clip from Conan the Barbarian with the reveal of The Pope and Flaming C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zE1gLNs54Q
I think my favorite part of this is how Conan talked poo poo about Aquaman then lost to an Aquaman player playing blindfolded.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

may contain peanuts posted:

I think my favorite part of this is how Conan talked poo poo about Aquaman then lost to an Aquaman player playing blindfolded.

That's because Aquaman is a noob character that plays himself, obviously.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

gannyGrabber posted:

That's because Aquaman is a noob character that plays himself, obviously.
poo poo! I've been owned! :negative:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

CharlestonJew posted:

You should probably try Doomsday. Body Splash into 3 3 is pretty much the most complicated combo you need to know. Also Supernova gives no fucks about Deathstroke's guns. Good Luthor players wreck me though, Luthor's trait is pretty much Doomsday's #1 weakness.

Your trait beats luthors. His armor disappears after a set number of hits. Luthor can wakeup corpse charge but that's punishable with a 123xxtackle on block from doomsday. Luthor can try and drop traps but only from full screen, if you see him throwing out a satellite or trap, you should tackle on reaction to the animation. Luthor generally can't do a whole lot against doomsday pressure when dooms gets in and his zoning is risky at best. I really think that isn't a horrible match for doomsday.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Your trait beats luthors. His armor disappears after a set number of hits. Luthor can wakeup corpse charge but that's punishable with a 123xxtackle on block from doomsday. Luthor can try and drop traps but only from full screen, if you see him throwing out a satellite or trap, you should tackle on reaction to the animation. Luthor generally can't do a whole lot against doomsday pressure when dooms gets in and his zoning is risky at best. I really think that isn't a horrible match for doomsday.

It's called Corp charge. :eng101:

(Sorry I've seen that mistake a bunch of times in these threads)

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Foodahn posted:

Grundy vs GL is bad for grundy imo so it isn't just you. GL actually has a projectile that beats corpse walk if used smart (minigun) and GL is perfectly capable of running away and punishing grundys wiffs or careless dashes. Grundy was really good in the first two weeks but now that people are figuring the game out he's kinda hitting a plateau, same with doomsday imo.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Grundy was really good in the first two weeks but now that people are figuring the game out he's kinda hitting a plateau, same with doomsday imo.

I second this. Grundy is still fun to play, but his style is so straight forward that after some experience against him anyone can beat him. Grundy Mirror Matches are still super fun, unless both Grundy's are just doing the hand thing.

I'm glad to see Bane just keeps getting more and more intense as the game matures. I personally can't get him down, but whenever I fight against one it's nothing short of awesome. He just keeps living up to my expectations of a Drug Lord Luchador. I think they should contact the Saints Row guys and get a Killbane outfit for him.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
So it looks like Zod is going to be banned at EVO. I wonder if they're gonna allow Batgirl if her bola MB glitch isn't fixed? It's not like it's really broken, but it is free.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is it just me or does this game have an inordinate amount of ragequitters? I'm decidedly below average but it feels like every fourth guy needs to pull the plug while waiting for Batman's 15 second super animation to play out and kill them. On PSN.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is it just me or does this game have an inordinate amount of ragequitters? I'm decidedly below average but it feels like every fourth guy needs to pull the plug while waiting for Batman's 15 second super animation to play out and kill them. On PSN.

There's also quite a few people who create new PSN ID's seemingly just to ensure they have a better win loss record Level 9 characters with 10w 0L 45 quits etc.

I have one starred all of Star Labs. It really was not worth it and I shall never ever three star it.

Things I learned:
Any fight vs Lex Luthor has a 95% chance of being annoying and gimmicky. Especially if it involves his shield or cyborg.
Fighting games aren't made for stealth missions.
gently caress Rust

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Giedroyc posted:

I have one starred all of Star Labs. It really was not worth it and I shall never ever three star it.

Things I learned:
Any fight vs Lex Luthor has a 95% chance of being annoying and gimmicky. Especially if it involves his shield or cyborg.
gently caress Rust

Nor should they be platformers of any form. I actually refuse to do anymore of the STAR Labs because of how overtly frustrating it is. I was hoping for something closer to Mortal Kombat's Challenge Tower, but nope.

Zod is looking pretty sweet and I can't wait to give him a shot. Or to shoot my feet with his laser, which ever happens first.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looking forward to stream monsters running the phrase "Zodlike" into the ground.

PS: ZDLK

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Instead of STAR labs we should have gotten a cool Ergheiz style beat-em up, I don't know why but I'm a sucker for those things.
Slowly honing my Ares game, I've found I have enough shenanigans to last me an entire match, so a long as I don't fight someone twice, I'm gold!

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Still don't see what's so broken about Zod.. yet... anyway, what's the general consensus on Scorpion?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Interstellar Owl posted:

Still don't see what's so broken about Zod.. yet... anyway, what's the general consensus on Scorpion?

Seems like the nerf of making his teleport a high and -27 (I believe) on block did the trick.

AndyElusive posted:

Looking forward to stream monsters running the phrase "Zodlike" into the ground.

PS: ZDLK

Edit: Second thought, that's gonna be what happens.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

Unbound posted:

Seems like the nerf of making his teleport a high and -27 (I believe) on block did the trick.

Edit: Second thought, that's gonna be what happens.

Is he a zoner... rushdown.. what? Last time I played, Batgirl was out.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Giedroyc posted:

Things I learned:
gently caress Rust

Hey enormous character Bane, avoid getting hit by the aggressive Flash that loves to use his slowdown for like 30 seconds, but be sure to run up and grab him like 5 times for that star. :haw:

I have 3 stars for all his other missions, but that one was seriously giving me a headache after the millionth try, so I settled for 2 stars until I can muster the strength to finish it and get his little "All 3 Star" portrait.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

hiddenriverninja posted:

Same on xbox live. People hate being zoned and pull the plug after the first round. then again, they also hate getting rushed down and quit after the first round.

Genuinely never seen as much ragequit as this game, one in four easily.

Lavareef
Feb 5, 2009

I'm in a TINY bit of trouble
Added my name to the spreadsheet, but I'm on now if anyone wants to fight my Catwoman. Do most good players use Ranked, Player Match or rooms? Ranked is just a mess of ragequitters, but I don't like waiting for 5 matches to play in a room.

PSN: VegaRoman

edit: UK by the way

Lavareef fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 16, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lavareef posted:

Do most good players use Ranked, Player Match or rooms? Ranked is just a mess of ragequitters, but I don't like waiting for 5 matches to play in a room.

That depends on what you consider good. By good do you mean people who know their character and use all their tools well or good as in "I know the basic Superman combo that does absurd damage and I'm gonna use it non-stop." Because the latter is what you'll find in ranked most of the time from my (Limited) experience.

(Ranked sucks)

Also in rooms you can direct challenge guys around what you consider your level as well, if waiting in King of the Hill or Survivor isn't your thing.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 16, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lavareef posted:

Added my name to the spreadsheet, but I'm on now if anyone wants to fight my Catwoman. Do most good players use Ranked, Player Match or rooms? Ranked is just a mess of ragequitters, but I don't like waiting for 5 matches to play in a room.

I personally really enjoy ranked mode. It has its share of quitters, but that's the same in most any mode. I also don't know if it's a longer wait for matches on PSN than on XBL but I can usually get paired up within a minute.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

I also don't know if it's a longer wait for matches on PSN than on XBL but I can usually get paired up within a minute.

On PSN sometimes you'll get a match within a couple minutes, other times it'll just hang there for ages until you finally get a match. Having seen people playing on 360 and getting matches near instantly, I really have no idea how the PSN ranked matchfinder is so much more gimped.

marblehouse
Oct 18, 2010
That was actually pissing me off so I started recording how long it took to find matches. I found that if a match took more then 3 minutes to find, it was almost always faster to restart the search.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

I really have no idea how the PSN ranked matchfinder is so much more gimped.

And the Goon connector.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
Injustice playing on http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky . Dude dressed as Sub-Zero just started playing.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha there really is a dude dressed like Sub-Zero there, he plays a pretty good Aquaman.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hahaha, that first DragonGod vs. KDZ match, :cmon: he basically double perfected him after being at a 1.5 lifebar deficit, what a choke.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

So, I picked up batgirl yesterday..

That vortex is absurd on pretty much everyone not named Aquaman

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Spuckuk posted:

So, I picked up batgirl yesterday..

That vortex is absurd on pretty much everyone not named Aquaman

Xbox? I'm down for some Batgirl mirrors. See if I can steal some tech off of you! :getin:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Seymour Butts posted:

Xbox? I'm down for some Batgirl mirrors. See if I can steal some tech off of you! :getin:

Yup, but I'm in the UK. Still worth a shot!

I'll do an effortpost on her gnarly vortex soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yay! Hate mail time. I don't get why people make excuses for losing. The connection was fine for me.

Edit: Plus it doesn't make sense. Internet isn't food stupid! :eng101:

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 17, 2013

• Locked thread