Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

If you are not reading Daredevil you are a bad person :colbert:

Issue #26, Foggy is just recovering from his first bout of chemo. To cheer him up his doctor suggests that he visit the children's ward who are busy making a comic book as a present to Iron Man.

:unsmith:

I'm going to the comic shop to get this issue this afternoon. Fucker, you made the room get dusty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Madkal posted:

Yea it takes things from Vlad but Vlad wasn't the only sadistic ruler at the time. That kind of brutality was pretty much par for the course for most insane rulers throughout history. I would love to ask Gaiman who the true inspiration (for Breschau of Livonia) was.

http://www.holycow.com/dreaming/lore/interview/the-dreamings-first-neil-gaiman-online-chat/ posted:

"Breschau isn’t a historical figure (I thought it would be unfair to have someone who was completely forgotten by history, who you could find in a history book)"

"The idea for the Breschau character probably came from a seed planted in Jurgen, James Branch Cabell’s novel, where he meets his father, Coth, who is being tortured in Hell, although not entirely to his satisfaction."

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Does anyone have the really :britain: panel, I think from either Captain Britain or Captain America, where the two of them are fighting/escaping something and Britain says he won't follow Cap but he'll fight right alongside him? I thought it was posted in this thread but I didn't see it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Alpha: Big Time #4

There's probably a story in that somewhere, about how Thor should be one of the most frightening things in the Marvel Universe, but most of the ordinary people he runs into know that he's actually pretty easy to get along with.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, every time someone post something from the Alpha comic, it seriously looks pretty fun.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh man, the hand gesture and everything.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ImpAtom posted:

Man, every time someone post something from the Alpha comic, it seriously looks pretty fun.
I know, right? It should be terrible but instead it's actually great.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

If you are not reading Daredevil you are a bad person :colbert:

Issue #26, Foggy is just recovering from his first bout of chemo. To cheer him up his doctor suggests that he visit the children's ward who are busy making a comic book as a present to Iron Man.

Foggy worries that maybe the kids are getting their hopes up but his doctor shows them that maybe that isn't a bad thing.

:unsmith:

Nobody tell those kids that Reed Richards actually shrank down and punched Willy Lumpkin's cancer into submission a few months back.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SynthOrange posted:

Nobody tell those kids that Reed Richards actually shrank down and punched Willy Lumpkin's cancer into submission a few months back.

Those kids aren't Willy Lumpkin. :colbert:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Well, they're not old men who only had a few years left to live anyway. Priorities, people.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Well poo poo for that matter why doesn't Pym start beating up cancer and/or bombarding it with Pym particles. Maybe a solid decade of literally fighting cancer will end the "I'll be the one to really address the domestic violence." plague that haunts him.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Avengers #13: What you need to know is that this Hyperion is the last survivor of his universe. He has recently gained some adoptive children of sorts, and they've been put in danger. Thumb-nailed as this is the final few pages:

I want Hickman to write Hyperion and Thor: Super-bros forever. Though I have a feeling this could end in tears...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I wonder if they always do backwards somersaults because you sure as gently caress can't stand up normally if you sit on a cape, super-strength or not.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Drifter posted:

I wonder if they always do backwards somersaults because you sure as gently caress can't stand up normally if you sit on a cape, super-strength or not.

Aside from both of them being able to fly it's not that hard to get up after sitting on a cape, there's generally material bunched up towards the lower back that allows some slack and from there you roll to one side and plant you hand, like a fat guy getting up.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

SynthOrange posted:

Biggest problem with that scene is that after they went into Willy Lumpkin's body in a miniaturized spaceship... they left the spaceship behind.

Someday soon, the spaceship's microminiaturization will wear off, and Willy Lumpkin will explode.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Parahexavoctal posted:

Biggest problem with that scene is that after they went into Willy Lumpkin's body in a miniaturized spaceship... they left the spaceship behind.

Someday soon, the spaceship's microminiaturization will wear off, and Willy Lumpkin will explode.

Surely the F4 have invented biodegradeable spaceships by this point?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Parahexavoctal posted:

Someone obviously hasn't seen Innerspace. You need both chips to reverse the miniturization process.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Parahexavoctal posted:

Nah, it'll just lodge itself somewhere it's not supposed to be and give Willy an aneurysm, like that Venture Bros. episode.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Leslie Anne Shappe, the vigilante known as Crazy Eight, has been incarcerated after killing hugely popular U.S. senator Hartwell. Previously, Crazy Eight had only targeted criminals, so Dr. Leonard Samson is brought to State Penitentiary as an expert psychologist to evaluate Leslie's sanity, with the hope of a death sentence.

Samson agrees to talk to her to figure out why she killed the senator and see if he can help her, but Leslie... doesn't cooperate.

Doc Samson testifies to Leslie's sanity and Crazy Eight gets put on death row. Some time passes, and on the day of the execution Leslie requests a visit from Samson who's still trying to understand why she killed the senator.

(All from Incredible Hulk #380)

E: spelling

Or is it Sputnik fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 15, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Or is it Sputnik posted:

(All from Incredible Hulk #380)

I remember reading this issue as a kid and being irritated at what I thought was an obvious inventory issue. Then reading it again a few years later and being blown away by the fact that it was actually really bloody good.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I remember reading this issue as a kid and being irritated at what I thought was an obvious inventory issue. Then reading it again a few years later and being blown away by the fact that it was actually really bloody good.
It's more of a fill-in and less of an inventory seeing as it starts where the previous issue left off, but the story is about something else entirely. They had two fill-ins in four months over Hulk #'s 376-380, I thought both were really good.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Why is Samson dressed like Ken from Streefighter? Was he on his way to a convention?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Why is Samson dressed like Ken from Streefighter? Was he on his way to a convention?

It was 1991.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Drifter posted:

I thought that was how everyone stands up from sitting on the ground.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Peter David's run on the Hulk might be the greatest run the character's ever seen.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

That's a pretty badical costume for a guy who doesn't have a unifying theme to build a look around. What did he wear before that, purple tights and an orange tank top or something like that? Might as well go Street Fighter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Peter David's run on the Hulk might be the greatest run the character's ever seen.

Might be?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My understanding is that some folks REALLY love Greg Pak's run.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I love Greg Pak's run but Peter David pretty much the definitive author in my opinion. Pak at least took Hulk to different places.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It's sullied by World War Hulk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

It's sullied by World War Hulk.

Did you mean World War Hulks?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Or is it Sputnik posted:

It's more of a fill-in and less of an inventory seeing as it starts where the previous issue left off, but the story is about something else entirely. They had two fill-ins in four months over Hulk #'s 376-380, I thought both were really good.

That one wasn't a fill-in, though; it was done by the regular creative team.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

That one wasn't a fill-in, though; it was done by the regular creative team.
Regular writer, different penciller and they both depart from the previous story. It's not really a fill-in but neither really an inventory story.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Lurdiak posted:

:colbert:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Reed Richards: Father of the Year :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

No. World War Hulk is a steamy poo poo sandwich.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

W.T. Fits posted:

Reed Richards: Father of the Year :allears:

I was getting some Professor Impossible vibes from that.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Who's the artist? That's fantastically colourful and lively.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Avengers Assemble #15 AU

Definitely in my top ten favorite comicbooks ever, Captain Britain is such a underrated character and made me feel bad about myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I love how the Richards kids don't even blink at Ben crashing through the wall while they eat lunch.